• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

Janovy

Banned
So, did the episode take place in Castelia City or did they change the place?
You know, you may be too lazy to do that, but a member answered that question just a couple of posts above of yours. Reading posts on previous pages or simply on this one helps, ya know?

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
OK. I'm in love with Dento's fishing side. That side is EPIC beyond words. You can't call it fabulous. IT'S JUST....LIKE A ...um I don't know OR SOMETHING!!! XDD

He goes from all =DDDDD TO >:] >:] >:] >:]

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
I hope with the english dub this episode as well as Tr vs Tp airs in the right order

gliscor&yanmega

Looks entertaining. Cilan doing his fishing time again(Even if this would be the first time if it was in order).

Team Rocket looked entertaining. Why catch Pokemon yourself when others can do it for you.

I look forward to watching the episode.

RickHoenn

Banned
So this is BW40 or BW37 (If TR vs. TP episodes air and they do the same)??? because they didn't mention at all they were in Castelia... and Bianca LEAVES the group at the end! wtf :eek: they edited a lot this episode it seems.

Nice episode, I wanted for someone to catch something but whateva. 6/10

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I give this epi 10/10 for me. I loved it :D then again I'm not just a poke_maniac but a fishing_maniac *shot* only but my skillz borderline Bianca's...I'm enthusiastic at least :D

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well though i am not sure but isn't the way the Pink Frillish was shown in this episode kind of similar to how Sandile was shown in BW 003. So wouldn't it be possible for it to appear in future episodes (though the chances of this happening is very low).

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
This episode was pretty good. I'll rate it an 8/10. The pink Frillish was absolutely hilarious, too! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I admit that I'm very disappointed. I thought that this episode was going to be pretty amazing since the previews made it seem exciting, but I almost fell asleep while I was watching it. Apart from Cilan's little adventure with Basculin, I didn't find this episode to be very entertaining. Even that little ordeal with the female Frillish was bland. I am wondering why this episode was even postponed to begin with, though. Nothing about this episode raised any sort of alarm. I've heard people mention that they might've cut out some scenes, but it couldn't have taken them months to do that, so I'm still very curious about this. Anyway, this gets a 3/10.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
;_; I don't get it? What's wrong with this episode?! It was perfect!!!! IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO Instead of getting 5 MINUTES of fishing Dento we got a WHOLE episode!!!!! also Frillish was adorable :3 I want her to come back again.

._. I think Dento's hyperness and enthusiasm in this episode rubbed off on me......and I have this urge to fish or at least try to find something oceany on Animal Planet :D

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
;_; I don't get it? What's wrong with this episode?! It was perfect!!!! IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO Instead of getting 5 MINUTES of fishing Dento we got a WHOLE episode!!!!! also Frillish was adorable :3 I want her to come back again.

._. I think Dento's hyperness and enthusiasm in this episode rubbed off on me......and I have this urge to fish or at least try to find something oceany on Animal Planet :D

It was unnecessary, if it had aired at the time sure but since there was nothing too important happening, it was unecessary to be shown.

You justification for the episode to be good is Dent was the main focus? I love Dent character but this episode was lame, it could have stayed unkown/unaired.

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
So now we have 2 additional Pokemon for Ash to probably catch in the future. Cool.

It was unnecessary, if it had aired at the time sure but since there was nothing too important happening, it was unecessary to be shown.

You justification for the episode to be good is Dent was the main focus? I love Dent character but this episode was lame, it could have stayed unkown/unaired.

Just because it wasn't that good of a ep doesn't mean it shouldn't be aired. After all, if they already made the ep in the first place, might as well air it.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't like the way they edited it. Instead of trying to hide stuff why didn't they just put an announcement in the beginning of the episode stating that they are airing a postponed episode.

The epsiode was pretty mediocre, although it was neat how Yamask is like Oshawott and deflects stuff with the mask.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

That's part of it. Here's my own justification for it:

- I enjoyed it
- I laughed through it
- I like to fish
- I like Bianca. especially how she caught Ash XD
- Dento had a huge part and the way Miyano portrayed him made the episode for me

A lame episode for me is when the characters don't shine much and there's nothing to laugh or smile at. ^^; I realize now that actually the small episodes like this are the episodes I TRULY enjoy...I could care less if someone caught a Pokemon to keep or not. I like the small amusing things...I really don't see how it'd be considered "lame".

EDIT: Also now that I'm thinking about it, I've never deemed an episode as "worthless" I can normally find something I like about the episode, filler or not. Sure I found some that I like more than others, but I've never actually called an episode lame or anything =/ they all seem about equal in a way...

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oh come on, the Gothitelle episode set the bar pretty low; can you really say that this episode was any worse than that?

That Gothitelle episode was one of the best in my opinion and this episode was absolutely great.

Iris got a part, Bianca got a part, Ash got a part and Cilan definitely had a part in this episode.

This would've been better if they kept it as Castelia city and I'm glad James's Yamask knows Haze, there's at least one Pokemon in every series that Team Rocket has, that has Haze or Smokescreen.

matt0044

I don't like the way they edited it. Instead of trying to hide stuff why didn't they just put an announcement in the beginning of the episode stating that they are airing a postponed episode.

I agree. Why bother going the extra mile? And why air this episode if it's not so important?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I swear...some people are just bitter coz this episode prolongs the Don Tournament. u_u Quite honestly I'm not too fired up for it...

I don't care what the writers did to "fix" this episode. I'm just happy IT AIRED :D I'm at peace!!!

EDIT:: 8D And now I just realized one of my goals for this series to see HAS BEEN COMPLETE! Yanappu was on Dento's should LEGIT. Not hanging from it like in the movie artwork but ACTUALLY on his shoulder. I always thought it'd be cute to see :) I thought about drawing it one time XD trust me, I may not have mentioned this "goal" thing (it's not really a goal lol) but I went on and on to my friends about how I wanted to see Pansage on his shoulder XD

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was cool to see Blue-Striped (fav.) Basurao and Red-Striped Basurao for the 1st time, the look so cool, especially in battle. It was great to see Pink-colored Female Pururiru for the 1st time, she was beautiful and funny. It was good to see Mamanbou for the 2nd time, unfortunately again it was only for a brief amount of time... It was funny when Bianca ran right into Ash knocking him down into the water. It was cool to see Dent's fishing skills, especially when picking out Bianca's fishing pole. It was funny when Dent was calling himself a Fishing Sommelier and the background had a bizarre looking wave, Iris' reaction as usual was very funny. Yannappu vs Blue-Striped Basurao was a very cool battle. It was cool to see Basuaro using Aqua Tail. It was great to see Dent capture Basurao, unfortunately Pururiru let it go... It was hilarious when Pururiru jumped out of the water and on top of Ash wrapping him up in a big hug, and then when Iris and Dent tried to help get her off, Pururiru began hugging them at the same time, it took Pikachu's Thunderbolt to get her off of them. It was hilarious when they showed Iris moment-by-moment getting more and more bored plus the crazy expression on her face and body language. I'm so glad they did end up airing this, this week; to me it was well worth the wait.

50/100

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the video of it. I enjoyed the episode even more compared to just looking at the pictures.

Cilan's facial expression at the start were awesome. He knows he's awesome.

The Frillish scene was...interesting. :p

I kind of wanted Cilan to keep Basculin, I thought it would be interesting to see what it would be like with him.

I thought the episode was pretty entertaining.