• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

Pokefan 2000

now that this episode been aired in japan will it air after the gym battle here in the us or will it be aired when the show over here get to this point?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Not my favorite episode.

Sure, there were some good parts, but there were more plot holes and items that didn't make sense due to it being delayed. Why couldn't they make it more sensical?

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
BTW with all the editing in this ep, shouldn't it make this ep 37 of BW, basically making ep 25 and 27-39 now 23-36? Just saying that would make the most sense.Plus, it would prevent confusion for those catching up in the series.

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Why was this episode delayed for airing... Will it be delayed in English as well?

Tom Greenville

Likely so, due to the retcons.

On the other hand, since this ep occurs in a city, I'm wondering why they didn't just make this ep part of the Nimbasa set? At least then, the ending wouldn't have had to be redone. True, though the beginning of the Nimbasa mini-series proper would have had to been redone, but still...

randomspot555

Why was this episode delayed for airing... Will it be delayed in English as well?

It was delayed with BW23 and 24, likely due to the original episode spoiling the other delayed episode. They re-worked the episode so it doesn't spoil anything, though there still were some small continuity errors.

Akira Takamedo

...I don't know, I watched this, and in my opinion this still really fits in better as BW026 than between the Archeops and Zorua episodes. Yeah, Bianca leaves at the end, but you can just say they all hooked up on the way out of Castellia and Emolga antics ensue.

Between the obvious surrounding of Castellia City, Ash is looking up James' Yamask, everyone acting shocked that Cilan loves to fish, etc. etc. Yeah, this is still BW026 to me. =P

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Yup, I'd guess so as the titles for the Emolga episodes have been announced.

Likely so, due to the retcons.

On the other hand, since this ep occurs in a city, I'm wondering why they didn't just make this ep part of the Nimbasa set? At least then, the ending wouldn't have had to be redone. True, though the beginning of the Nimbasa mini-series proper would have had to been redone, but still...

Probably has been done so already...

...I don't know, I watched this, and in my opinion this still really fits in better as BW026 than between the Archeops and Zorua episodes. Yeah, Bianca leaves at the end, but you can just say they all hooked up on the way out of Castellia and Emolga antics ensue.

Between the obvious surrounding of Castellia City, Ash is looking up James' Yamask, everyone acting shocked that Cilan loves to fish, etc. etc. Yeah, this is still BW026 to me. =P

They tried to remove everything that made it seem like Castelia, but they failed so I have to agree with you on this. :D

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
cilan made another capture but released this one like the seaking in johto

Battra

Not a bad episode, quite enjoyed seeing Cilan go overboard on fishing though do we really need him going totally overboard, like Brock with the girls. Also liked Iris's way of fishing. One highlight was TR actually being practical and not going after Pikachu.

Did we really have put the retcons in especially when your not going to bother editing other stuff out like Ash scanning Yanmask & Bianca still with the group come the Emogla episode. Ya should've just left it in Castelia City & broadcast this as episode 26.

Squirtle_007

So, finally aired this ... taboo-ish episode, after watch it, I really don´t know why it was delayed

- Apparently Ash has no shame to being in his underwear drying his clothes in the middle of the street
- I ... really didn´t got that Team Rocket plan, I mean ... if they just want water Pokémon for Giovanni, why they don´t just catch´em by themselves?
- This time, Iris made the episode with her fishing skills XD, and Team Rocket disqualifying her for do that makes their plan EVEN MORE pointless :S
- If this episode was aired in the original time, I would found it Cilan´s fishing ability useless, but now that we know thanks to that he got Stunfisk, it´s just great
- No Tympole here, then why Ash didn´t scanned that Tympoles from BW035?
- I wanted Bianca to get that female Frillish, it suits her
- I love to see Pansage battling, a grass Pokémon that doesn´t puke Solarbeam is nice for a change, I wish it could learn a new grass type attack

Not a bad episode, everything about Cilan is plain awesome, even if he didn´t too much in this episode, but at least he doesn´t sit in the background, same with Iris

Grey Wind

It was nice to see the femal Frillish form, and Iris and Cilan's fishing skills were cool. I kind of would have liked Cialn to keep the Basculin, but it wouldn't have been able to do anything on land.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
JJM "Unova is ours! And we did it all for the boss!"

Thank god! I was worried they were going to alliterate again....

_Snivy

Lover
Why didn't team rocket escape with jet packs from the beginning? haha

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
When that female Frillish was loving Ash he should have caught her, took her to a private room, and explored her but instead he got all freaked out! Come on Ash! You'll never be a Pokemon master if you don't learn to have sex with Pokemon! Especially if you have females you have to explore them personally, mentally and of course physically. Its very hard to get a Pokemon to mate with you and you blew it by not catching that lovely female Frillish!

I want Frillish to appear again, yeah, but not like......THAT.

Jesus Christ on a stick, is this the typical behaviour of a Lopunny/Gardevoir fanboy?