• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways! (866)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Being Lost and Torn is the Road to Separation!? Jessie and Wobbuffet!!

After another failed attempt at getting Pikachu from Ash & co., Team Rocket end up getting separated. Jessie and Wobbuffet end up in a river and almost drown until she is saved by a mysterious doctor called White. Jessie and Wobbuffet quickly become enamoured with White and his Wobbuffet, causing Jessie to start to think whether or not she should quit Team Rocket and spend her life with White. Will she stay with Team Rocket or will she take the jump?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. walking through a forest.

Clemont is training with Clembot at the Lumiose Gym.

He is using his Bunnelby to battle his Magneton, which Clembot is using, or Clembot is just refereeing.

Team Rocket appear suddenly as Ash and co. are walking and then Jessie's Pumpkaboo attacks them.

Jessie and James read the title card.

Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on Team Rocket.

Team Rocket blast off.

James, Meowth and Jessie's Pumpkaboo have landed in a forest far away.

Jessie and her Wobbuffet have landed in another part of the forest.

Jessie gets angry and then she calls out for James, Meowth and her Pumpkaboo.

Jessie and Wobbuffet come across a Gloom and it attacks them.

Jessie and Wobbuffet then fall off a nearby cliff and into a river.

They both start to drown and then they get rescued by a Doctor.

The Doctor's name is white and he brings Jessie to his house.

He gives Jessie a change of clothes.

Jessie is spending time with Dr. White.

She is riding a Skiddo.

Dr. White gives a Pecha Berry to the Skiddo.

Ash and co. are now taking a rest to eat in a clearing.

Dedenne spots a PokePuff in a nearby cage.

Dedenne goes in it and then the cage door closes.

Something happens to Dedenne to make its cheeks spark uncontrollably.

Serena tells her Fennekin to use Scratch on the cage.

Fennekin brakes the cage and Dedenne is freed.

Bonnie picks Dedenne up and then they decide to take Dedenne to a Pokemon Center.

Jessie and Dr. White are taking a rest to eat with their Wobbuffet and three Wynaut.

An Ursaring comes towards the group and Jessie gets ready to defend herself.

Dr. White tells her that the Ursaring is friendly.

Ursaring sits down and the Wynaut climb on top of it.

James is watching Jessie.

Dare Da? Wynaut.

James is watching Jessie, Dr. White, the Wobbuffet and the Wynaut as they walk through a forest.

Ash and co. run into Jessie and Dr. White.

They ask the Doctor if he can heal Dedenne.

Ash and co. go with Dr. White and he tells them that a Pokemon Hunter set the cage as a trap.

They then go outside with Jessie.

She falls over and her hair accidentally falls down.

Ash and co. discover that the woman who was with Dr. White is actually Jessie.

James, Meowth and Pumpkaboo watch Jessie and then they all run away.

James cries as he runs off.

The Pokemon Hunter has come across James's group.

The Pokemon Hunter has put Meowth, Inkay and Pumpkaboo into separate cages.

James goes to Ash and co. and he talks to them.

Jessie, James, as well as Ash and co. have now come in contact with the Pokemon Hunter.

The Pokemon Hunter has a Rhyperior.

Jessie puts her Team Rocket uniform back on and she teams up with James to battle the Pokemon Hunter.

All of them use their Pokemon to attack the Pokemon Hunter and his Rhyperior.

The Pokemon Hunter blasts off after the groups of Pokemon attack him.

Team Rocket are now back together and then they fly off in their Hot Air Balloon.

Clemont is doing some repairs to Clembot and that causes an explosion from Clembot.

To be continued.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Well, I just saw it. It was a very melodramatic episode and though it is filled with hearty laughs I feel kinda let down that you can't spell NTR without TR. But joking aside I was somewhat expecting Pumpkaboo to evolve in this episode (and at least an even more dramatic haircut from Jessie), oh well, we got the flowers being thrown in the wind at night deal.

Still, I'm glad the gang is willing to support Team Rocket, and Serena, especially was very supportive of Jessie chasing that doctor's tail. I'm also glad that the gang didn't get wholly rekt by Rhyperior and needed to be bailed out by TR, as it would seem that they were there to delay the hunter as long as possible until James saved the others. Got a good Serena battle pose/animation here as well.

So, did Ash call Jessie by name this episode after she arrived to aid James and Meowth? Might have to watch the subs to make sure.

Also, I was damn right about the prologue and epilogue containing Clemont. It's as if he never left. A good chance to see his development.

K.N.

Best parts of this episode for me were the Clemont bits. Really love how they're teasing the gym battle and getting us hyped up (Bunnelby learned a new move but they didn't tell us what it is).

I appreciate the thought on trying to make TR lovable characters again but the pacing in this episode was really bad. The emotional scenes didn't get any chance to "breathe" like they do in the good emotional episode this show has had before. And frankly, I think they got Jessie's character all wrong. She never acted like this any other time she had a crush on a guy. She's usually very aggressive and as she once said, when you get your heart broken, you cry, smile, and then say see you tomorrow. I do grant that they made it clear she was really straining to act demure in order to get White's attention, but it just felt really off to me.

Would've preferred the episode not have the Pokemon Hunter at all, he just ate up time that could've been spent on the characters.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So since this was quite a problem last time, can we refrain from pretending we understood the dialogue if we didn't and not criticize the episode based on what we assumed happened in it rather than what actually happened?

Thank you.

jason0597

Something was added to my signature and it may hint something that I liked about this episode...
What exactly did make the dubber cry? I can't find something in this Team Rocket break-up so dramatic.
Otherwise, I'm not so sure I would recommend this, seems like an average episode to me. Unless you're interested in TRio Character Development, which I am not.
So, did Ash call Jessie by name this episode after she arrived to aid James and Meowth? Might have to watch the subs to make sure.
They all seemed to say the same thing together (ムサシ!), so I cannot draw a conclusion. I'll wait for the higher quality raws in order to verify this.

Clemont is doing some repairs to Clembot and that causes an explosion from Clembot.
For some reason I thought that was going to be in the "Clembot VS Dark Clembot!" episode...
But anyway, it's nice that's he's not forgotten.

PortugueseLynx

Not a bad episode. I mean it's not everyday Team Rocket gets some humanity.
But what really surprised me is when James looked for Ash and the others and begged them for help. I like these very rare moments when he shows to be the most reasonable and kindest of the whole cast. Sometimes I wonder why, he's just too kind for his own good.

DotKU

Champion
It was an average episode, its nice to see the different sides of the TR members from time to time. Was that bgm when Wobbuffet came back towards the end of the episode new?

calvinhobbesliker

Not a bad episode. I mean it's not everyday Team Rocket gets some humanity.
But what really surprised me is when James looked for Ash and the others and begged them for help. I like these very rare moments when he shows to be the most reasonable and kindest of the whole cast. Sometimes I wonder why, he's just too kind for his own good.

Wait, are you saying Ash or James is the kindest?

It was an average episode, its nice to see the different sides of the TR members from time to time. Was that bgm when Wobbuffet came back towards the end of the episode new?

I was just surprised it was not Volt.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Maybe it was just a mistake but when they showed those ''flashbacks'' bits when James was running, the Magikarp submarine was the old one and not the new version from episode 22. I thought it was nice but I hoped for some Arbok-Weezing pic... It would have been too good to be true.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I don't how how they do it, but each and every single TR ep manages to be worse than the last.

I dont see how this could possibly be the worst TR episode thus far but this is comming from tge person who's hated pretty much every single episode thus far so im probably just wasting my time

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh, Clemont's scenes seemed pointless imho. Maybe I'm missing some vital info, in which case I'd love to hear it. I liked seeing Jessie with Dr. White, as well as her helping James and Meowth fight the poacher and Rhyperior. Kind of a lackluster episode regardless imo.

XXD17

Draco rex
so they had to thunderbolt the rhyperior...granted there were other moves but still...Also, what move did that rhyperior use? Rock wrecker, horn drill and mega horn? I's nice seeing wobbuffet being capable though...but i'm still confused why a berry farmer doctor has a wobbuffet and bunch of wynaut...but whatever...OH!!! what REALLY made the episode for me? Friendly ursaring...that is all...

K.N.

Maybe I'm missing some vital info, in which case I'd love to hear it.

They let us know he's training, they let us know Bunnelby learned a new move, and they fit in a gag about Clembot not being able to comprehend Ash's battle style. Granted we can assume the first one without seeing anything, but we've seen Ash train plenty of times, it's nice to see how Clemont does it for once.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked the episode. It was just sad that Pumpkaboo didn't object to leaving Jessie behind. If only Serena could encourage herself to tell the one she likes that she likes him.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Yeah, I don't feel it was necessary to have Clemont appear and have his Bunnelby be a surprise but the interactions with Clembot were pretty great. I liked this episode a lot thanks to Jessie getting some plot. I'm glad they saved the day.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Clemont's pieces were the best parts of the episode.

Other than that, sad to see Sonans stay with Team Rocket. And Jessie's outfit in this episode slayed, I'd definitely like to see her wear it again.