• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways! (866)

Viex

Poor Jessie...She's just like Faye Valentine (same voice actress) can't catch a break. All an all It was one of the better fillers. I usually don't like Rocket episodes but this one was good.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Man we got a friendly Ursaring... We only need beedril and exploud to be kind hearted on screen XD

Navin

MALDREAD
A Much Delayed Mal's Review -

Pros:

* Lovestruck shy Jessie
* Yes, an Ursaring
* Rhyperior +1
* Wobuffett is a badass

Cons:

* Rather predictable how it would turn out

Thoughts:

* Well at least individual members of TR are getting focus episodes, even though the group as a whole has not had a great showing in XY
* I guess Rocketshipping is dead?

Okay, I suppose.

4/10

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Once again, Team Rocket episodes end up coming out as some of the most enjoyable episodes in the series. It sucks that the trio can never leave, so all of these episodes turn out being nothing more than fluff. The Clemont bit at the end was cute.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Every now and then we get a little reminder that while Team Rocket are not exactly "good" there are still plenty of others in the world who are more "bad".

For a moment, I was a bit worried that either Jessie or Wobbuffet could have permanently left. Probably slightly more so for Wobbuffet because he/ it really might have chosen to stay behind. I am glad to see that the team is sticking together for the time being. It has been quite a while since the series had a deep episode like this one.

You may raise your hand if you noticed the shout out to a battle from season 1.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm not going to front, this was an interesting ep and i exactly enjoyed it.

-Once again my favorite style of animation is showcased here, as they do in a few other TR-based episodes. (still would like to know the animator who does this style of animation)
-This is the first time since Advanced Challenge that i've seen Jessie's long wet hair. I like it that way but TPTB will never change it. Jessie's traditional straight-arrow hair is her trademark.
-The soft side of Jessie was interesting to watch too. I rarely ever saw this side of her, choosing love over TR and seeing Wobbuffet happy with the family was cool
-Ash and Co wanting to help Jessie out
-I liked seeing Rhyperior in battle. I think this is the first time I actually seen one in battle unless my memory is failing me
-This Pokemon Hunter was decent too. A little more edgier than the last one in Black and White but Hunter J still reigns surpreme. (I still can't/won't believe TPTB killed her off)
-Everyone surprised to see Jessie with the original motto playing in the background (and not doing that same generic TR intro we see every week)
-Ash and Co and TR vs the Hunter
-I like how XY is handling Wobbuffet this time around. Back in the day it rarely ever used its counter/mirror combo and was only known for appearing in certain occasions and blasting off, but now its a lil more bada** with its Counter and Mirrorcoat attacks

100/100. It's been some years since i graded an ep like this. Even though i'm tired of TR, they were tolerable this week but it'll be back to business as usual next week. I wouldn't mind some fresh new faces and a new team next gen but realizing how popular they are in Japan, it's never gonna happen.

calvinhobbesliker

Every now and then we get a little reminder that while Team Rocket are not exactly "good" there are still plenty of others in the world who are more "bad".

For a moment, I was a bit worried that either Jessie or Wobbuffet could have permanently left. Probably slightly more so for Wobbuffet because he/ it really might have chosen to stay behind. I am glad to see that the team is sticking together for the time being. It has been quite a while since the series had a deep episode like this one.

You may raise your hand if you noticed the shout out to a battle from season 1.

What battle from season 1?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was arguably Wobbuffet's best episode in the whole series. Granted, I don't remember a lot of episodes back in the day, but this really gave a good shine on Wobbuffet.

Jessie's long hair is yet again so dang beautiful. I remember seeing it back in DP during the TR split up.

It was nice to have another episode show Jessie, James and Meowth have a sentimental focus. Meowth even recalling the last time he was in "love" before, albeit unspoken, recalling the events in "Go West, Young Meowth!".

I may not always enjoy the typical TR kidnapping plots, but their humane side always gets me. I wasn't super convinced to see TR split up, but it's nice to see moments when they truly feel happy or show realistic emotions.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It was a really good episode only because the writers were once again tinkering with this strange thing called "human character development" that they were quick to ditch all in the name of Japanese children adoring TRio for...some crazy reason.

...Quick Attack and Flamethrower on a RHYPERIOR? Horn Drill affecting Pumkaboo? Stay classy, writers.

Clemont should have known that computing Ash's brain into Clembot was suicide.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
What battle from season 1?

I had the Pewter city gym battle in mind, which is also the very first time that Ash tries electric attacks against opponents where it should have no effect but him and Pikachu win. I always thought of it as something of a running gag that throughout his travels Ash would continuously try to use Thunderbolt on ground types only to have Brock (or other person) need to remind him that, "No Ash, electric attacks won't work!"

There have been a few exceptions every now and then but this episode is the first in a long time where an electric attack from Pikachu was able to damage a part ground foe. Although it was part of a combination move and I am probably just reading too much into the details.

That Pikachu, like Ash (and Meowth even) is one of a kind.

Ѕhiny Missingno

This was arguably Wobbuffet's best episode in the whole series. Granted, I don't remember a lot of episodes back in the day, but this really gave a good shine on Wobbuffet.

Jessie's long hair is yet again so dang beautiful. I remember seeing it back in DP during the TR split up.

It was nice to have another episode show Jessie, James and Meowth have a sentimental focus. Meowth even recalling the last time he was in "love" before, albeit unspoken, recalling the events in "Go West, Young Meowth!".

I may not always enjoy the typical TR kidnapping plots, but their humane side always gets me. I wasn't super convinced to see TR split up, but it's nice to see moments when they truly feel happy or show realistic emotions.

Or any of the million other instances where Meowth has fallen in love like with Sylveon, Glameow or Purrloin. :V

But the episode is pretty much fantastic. Even though there wasn't any actual "development" that would have a lasting effect (other than the fact that writers can't make another Jessie focused episode until at least 50 episodes have passed when they can reuse this same plot) it was still great to see main cast character (a bland one at that) to show emotions other than the standard ones we see every day. Even the BGM was great for the episode for dub music. I'm a bit disappointed that the title card didn't have TR in it although they read the title. Apparently that Bonnie appearance few episodes back was not a sign.

When are they going to update the dub opening with some more relevant scenes? :V

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A brilliant episode full of emotion. I do like when an episode takes a change of pace from 'the run of the mill' and focuses on something completely different. I also liked that the series revisited Jessie and the fact that she still hasn't full settled on a vision in life and then the episode is enhanced through Wobbuffet and watching him having so much fun with a family. In the end, he chose Team Rocket which show how much he enjoys the team.

Great episode, keep them coming and onto the next one!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was a very good episode. Wobbufett remains my favorite member of the team. It was nice to see the soft side of Jessie again, I felt sorry for her

I have a confession to make.
I legitimately thought Flamethrower was the only move Fennekin had up until now.

When it used Scratch, I was like "It has Scratch!? Since when?"

Also, I saw both of those outcomes coming from a million billion trillion miles away.
As in, Jessie saying she's leaving TR just to come back before the episode ends. Similar case with Wobbuffet, I suppose.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I found it rather hilarious that Serena told Jesse how to tell a man that she loved him.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
This was a pleasant surprise o____o Rarely do we get to see this side of Team Rocket. Not bad.

Kinda makes me wish they could be more than petty thieves.

It was a really good episode only because the writers were once again tinkering with this strange thing called "human character development" that they were quick to ditch all in the name of Japanese children adoring TRio for...some crazy reason.

Pretty much this, exactly.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Or any of the million other instances where Meowth has fallen in love like with Sylveon, Glameow or Purrloin. :V

But the episode is pretty much fantastic. Even though there wasn't any actual "development" that would have a lasting effect (other than the fact that writers can't make another Jessie focused episode until at least 50 episodes have passed when they can reuse this same plot) it was still great to see main cast character (a bland one at that) to show emotions other than the standard ones we see every day. Even the BGM was great for the episode for dub music. I'm a bit disappointed that the title card didn't have TR in it although they read the title. Apparently that Bonnie appearance few episodes back was not a sign.

When are they going to update the dub opening with some more relevant scenes? :V

I guess that makes senses, since Meowth didn't reference any of his "love" moments.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode focused on Team Rocket (Jessie in particular). It's always nice to see the good side of Team Rocker every now and then. Props to the writers going back to Season 1 for Meowth.

Clembot just couldn't handle Ash's brain. Too much excitement and all that, usually acting before thinking. Clemont will probably find a way, still.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I'm sorry but I do think this is a bad episode, and I'll explain why.

I was glad to see Jessie quitting Team Rocket to do something good for a chance. The episode was good for the most part.

But by the end she joined with Jessie James and Meowth again. Why do I have this issue? Because she's so unlikable, I hate everything about her. I think the show would be better off if it was just James and Meowth, at least these two are good characters, Jessie is not in my opinion. She is one of the worst characters of the show.