• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways! (866)

This was a pretty good episode in regards to Jessie's character.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Finally got a chance to watch this episode. That was great. Between this and the James/Inkay one, it seems like for the first time since Sinnoh, they're actually trying to give character to Team Rocket. Now if only they would have character in more than just two episodes dedicated to them.

TR_Vixen

Lucky Chimecho!! ^_^
* I guess Rocketshipping is dead?

Rocket shipping is most definitely not dead ;)
But the problem I find with this show *readys self for angry responses* is that there is just no long-term character development.
I actually found James' response to Jessie's decision very very shippy.
But it's not like he's going to take that feeling of loss away with him. He's not going to reflect and make any moves, because that would require the writers to have to work on the fact that as the show's only real recurring adults, they would have to tackle the issue of making a working relationship between two adult characters frequently seen on screen. And OH NOES, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! /end sarcasm.

I think that's why rocket shippers have gone into hibernation abit.
That and the show took a massive jump backwards in TR's emotional development during BW.Maybe they thought it was a mistake and are trying to kick start it again. The only TR character who feels even partly developed is James. This episode may have been showcasing Jessie realising she wants to live for love and that she does actually have another side to her, but it was James who showed the most development, choosing to let his friend be happy, despite his obvious pain. He only had a few scenes, yet it was his reaction that was the most realistic part of this episode.
Whenever it comes to mushy moments with the TRio, it's always James who shows the most emotional response.
I just wish for once, if they are going to keep re-using the team rocket splitting up plot over and over again, that they would let James be the one to leave and watch Jessie and Meowth realise how much they miss him, instead of it always feeling the other way around.
The closest we ever got was the chronicles episode when we got the "oh no..." Gasp from jessie when she saw James with the girl through the screen - but the episode ended with no chance to develop how the idea of James with someone else would actually have any effect on her.
But that's another story.

Aaaaand that's enough rocketshipping for today xD ;)

The whole episode had me constantly cringing from "nooooo that's not right!" to "oh come on Jess, open your eyes!"
I sinseriously hope they use the very little character development and turn it into a long term thing. Jessie wants love, doesn't she see it's been standing by her side all along?
And for God's sake writers, BRING BACK THE HUGS!!!!

Ps. You want a good team rocket episode separation idea?
Bring back the malamar and let them kidnap James xD take him to the future and show the characters older and finalised. There are ways to hint the outcome of the future without directly shoving it in people's faces! Maybe meet the next generation!! ;)
;)

Last edited:
Interesting episode imo. I mean the ending was insanely predictable and all, but it was nice to see a different side of the TR characters. It does seem like they are getting a bit more attention in X and Y and I think that they should not do this unless they really do plan on breaking the three up. Also, this is just one tiny thing that really made me think to myself, in the episode when Jesse says that she wants to marry the doctor, Serena says that she will teach her how to show their feelings. How is she going to teach somebody how to express their feelings, when she can't even do it? lol. Just me being picky though

5/10 overall decent episode
nice seeing rhyperior again

Pikachu52

It has to be one of the best epsiodes of the XY saga - at least in my opinion. It's probably the first episode to develop Team Rocket's characters since BW and it shows them with a more human side. They don't exactly redeem themselves but at least we get to see that they are not necessarily psychopaths. It was nice to see Jessie contemplating what her life could be like if she left Team Rocket. It's almost a pity that she didn't decided to turn over a new leaf - But I suppose that option sort of died when she realised that the Doctor was in love with someone else. I suppose it's nice that they stuck together in the end even if it means they're going back to trying to steal Pikachu.

It's always a little conflciting when they give Team Rocket this sort of character development because it makes you wonder how, when they value their friendship with each other and their Pokémon, they can even sleep at night given what they do constantly to Pikachu and Ash. Jessie clearly cares for Wobberfett deeply enough to want it to stay with the other Wobberfett and Wynaut, and Wobberfett obviously love Jessie enough to follow her and defend her from the Pokémon Hunter. Jessie and James obviously also care alot about Inkay, Pumpkaboo and Meowth as they go to so much trouble to rescue them. James certainly was upset when the Hunter caged Meowth. It's an irony that seems wasted on them - The Hunter did to James what he, Jessie and Meowth always do to Ash and Pikachu. Now that Meowth knows what it's like to be put in a cage and take away from your friends will he finally understand how it must feel for Pikachu - I doubt it.

9/10

Last edited:

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Rocket shipping is most definitely not dead ;)
But the problem I find with this show *readys self for angry responses* is that there is just no long-term character development.
I actually found James' response to Jessie's decision very very shippy.
But it's not like he's going to take that feeling of loss away with him. He's not going to reflect and make any moves, because that would require the writers to have to work on the fact that as the show's only real recurring adults, they would have to tackle the issue of making a working relationship between two adult characters frequently seen on screen. And OH NOES, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! /end sarcasm.

I think that's why rocket shippers have gone into hibernation abit.
That and the show took a massive jump backwards in TR's emotional development during BW.Maybe they thought it was a mistake and are trying to kick start it again. The only TR character who feels even partly developed is James. This episode may have been showcasing Jessie realising she wants to live for love and that she does actually have another side to her, but it was James who showed the most development, choosing to let his friend be happy, despite his obvious pain. He only had a few scenes, yet it was his reaction that was the most realistic part of this episode.
Whenever it comes to mushy moments with the TRio, it's always James who shows the most emotional response.
I just wish for once, if they are going to keep re-using the team rocket splitting up plot over and over again, that they would let James be the one to leave and watch Jessie and Meowth realise how much they miss him, instead of it always feeling the other way around.
The closest we ever got was the chronicles episode when we got the "oh no..." Gasp from jessie when she saw James with the girl through the screen - but the episode ended with no chance to develop how the idea of James with someone else would actually have any effect on her.
But that's another story.

Aaaaand that's enough rocketshipping for today xD ;)

The whole episode had me constantly cringing from "nooooo that's not right!" to "oh come on Jess, open your eyes!"
I sinseriously hope they use the very little character development and turn it into a long term thing. Jessie wants love, doesn't she see it's been standing by her side all along?
And for God's sake writers, BRING BACK THE HUGS!!!!

Ps. You want a good team rocket episode separation idea?
Bring back the malamar and let them kidnap James xD take him to the future and show the characters older and finalised. There are ways to hint the outcome of the future without directly shoving it in people's faces! Maybe meet the next generation!! ;)
;)
So true! It was great to see lots of Rocketshipping hints! :)

Well,the episode was pretty dramatic.Jessie looked stunning in those wet and long hair.I thought Wobbuffet was going to leave.Thankfully it didn't.It was cute to see James cry for Jessie..Aw! I am glad that Jessie realized the importance of James and Meowth in her life.This is easily my favorite XY: Kalos Quest episode! 9.8/10. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I was a bit worried that either Jessie or Wobbuffet could have permanently left. Probably slightly more so for Wobbuffet because he really might have chosen to stay behind. I am glad to see that the team is sticking together, though.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It is a bit annoying that Pancham goes missing the first episode where it can freely eat without interference from Chespin. About the only thing missing in this episode was any change in dynamic for Clemont being missing.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was odd seeing Jessie act so smitten with the doctor cuz she rarely shows her kind side hee hee. The female Wobbuffet and the Wynaut children were cool and I was pleased when Jessie stopped the poacher at the end. :3

I wonder what would've happened if Jessie's Wobbuffet had really departed here. It would've felt hollow for Team Rocket to lose him although that might've inspired Jessie to catch a new Pokemon to replace him.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Just rewatched this episode as it aired on Disney XD. Midway through the episode, Serena mentions that she made both macarons and PokéPuffs. I think this may have been the last-ever appearance of Serena's macarons, which appeared so frequently at the beginning of XY.

(Late to the party, just now catching up on XY series)

Personally, I absolutely loved this episode. Even though I assumed Jessie would come back at the end of the episode, since you know the writers wouldn't just drop off a huge character in the middle of the season like that, I still actually cried when James ran off in tears. My heart broke for him because you could see how much he loved Jessie (platonically or romantically, your choice, still the same intensity of emotion) and he didn't want to let her go, but he knew it was best for her so he put his own emotions aside for her sake. That, my friends, is true love.

I also very much enjoyed watching TR and Ash&Friends working together for a while. Moments like that are my weak point. I love it when it's portrayed that even though they're "enemies" and fight each other constantly and try to beat each other out, there's still a bond between Team Rocket and Ash and whoever he's with at the time. They still care about each other, at least to the point where they wouldn't want to see the others physically/horrendously emotionally hurt (in TR's case) and that they want to see the others happy (in the case of Ash&Co.). We saw it in the episode where James and Inkay had to team up with Clemont to get the others back from Malamar, and we've seen it a handful of other times in the past. I hope we get to see it more in the future (and like I said, I'm way behind, so maybe we do!! I'll be super glad if it's more common in XYZ or SM.).

The only couple of things that I didn't like from this episode were A- the predictability (but props to the writers for being able to make a good story out of it regardless!!), and B) White falling in love with that girl from his childhood... Like, come on!! I didn't see any chemistry between them!! They were better off as just friends. Stupid childhood-friends-of-the-opposite-sex-must-always-fall-in-love-with-each-other-NO-EXCEPTIONS trope. If there was more romantic stuff between them, then sure! I'd be all for it! But I got more of a brother-sister vibe from them, so seeing White confess his feelings for her at the end was super weird for me. I hope she shot him down, honestly.

But aside from those things, I thought this episode was great. I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi acting selflessly is rare indeed, so I enjoyed her moral dilemma in this episode. Sonansu finding a potential mate was adorable as well, so much so that him staying behind with her wouldn't have bothered me.

There was a small moment where I was hoping for Jessie to leave Team Rocket since she was better off going solo and having a happy ending. But we did get a nice break from Team Rocket's usual shenanigans and instead saw a nice Jessie episode. I remember the episode when Jessie released Dustox and how she had a flashback to one of her old love interests. What I liked about this episode was that a similar thing happened with her Wobbuffet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonansu honestly deserved some kind of personal development here, yet the focus was mainly on Musashi, which is a shame since Sonansu had grown stale by this point.