• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Frenzied Factory Fiasco! (882)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Fierce Fight at the Poké Ball Factory! Pikachu VS Meowth!!

While heading towards Dendemille Town, Ash & co. find the Poké Ball Factory, a place that creates all the Poké Balls used around the world. When there, they get offered a guided tour of the facility, but during it they find out it is one of Team Rocket's traps. Having been duped out of handing over their Poké Balls for a maintenance check, with the Pokémon still inside them still. As it doesn't go into its Poké Ball, Pikachu manages to escape and it's up to Pikachu to rescue them, but Meowth is on hand with a Poké Ball with the intent to stop Pikachu and succeed with their plan. Will Pikachu succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
More than halfway through, nothing of note has happened.

Plot is entirely hinging on the notion that Ash&Co are willing to give all their critters (in Pokéball) to shady characters, getting trapped in RandomRoom#1, while Pikachu is put in a dodgy glass casing. Which immediately breaks as Pikachu wiggles a bit.

Ever since (well beyond the halfway point), Pikachu and Meowth have been running around aimlessly.. well, Pikachu is trying to get the briefcase in which the Pokéballs of Ash&Co are stored. Meowth at times prefers to toy with Pikachu rather than to simply return him to his Pokéball.. needlessly enlongating the plot.

Clemont comes through with a door smashing device..

Meowth gets caught in a Luxury Ball, or not...

Ash and Pikachu meet up, but TR and Meowth leave the site in a truck. Pikachu zaps the truck and the final standoff begins..

Meowth fakes Pikachu out with an supposed attack, but intends to use the Pokéball, but Pikachu dodges the beam and strikes Meowth down.. Then Team Rocket gets ballsted off by a giant stone Pokéball that fell over due to the clash apparently.

Episode ends with rather random team exposé. Ash doesn't even get rewarded/compensated for his troubles.. -.-

2/10, because Wobbuffet used an attack..

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
OK episode overall. TR had everything set up in this scheme and literally thought it was foolproof and Pikachu-proof...except somewhere along the way they screw up and it costs them big. Like always.

Some funny moments:

- Clemont's hydraulic machine attempts to get the door open...except the machine blows up from overheating and breached open the door in the process. Hey at least that was a running gag moment that came through in the time of need.
- Pikachu plays baseball and whacks a Luxury Ball towards Meowth during the chase on the factory floor. Luxury Ball opens up, Meowth gets sucked into it (apparently Meowth's still considered a "wild" Pokemon) but was able to break out of the ball. Top kek though.
- The chase was absolutely hilarious, turning a serious situation into a comedic relief. Tom and Jerry vibes, anyone?

Overall, 6/10 for this episode.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Episode picked up at the second half. I know they were going for the "Tom and Jerry" vibe, but I didn't really feel like it. The duel at the end was great, and I wish Team Rocket had a worse comeuppance than a pokeball statue falling on them.

ssquaderi

Just a question, if Meowth got caught in the ball, would Pikachu be it's trainer? Poke-inception moment

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I just wish the writers would allow the characters to use the other pokeball types at times in the anime, seeing them is nice but I would kinda like to see Ash use them at least.

If Meowth had been caught that would've been funny.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So Meowth gets sucked into a ball again.. is this some kind of new gag after Iris tried capturing him before?

Serena should've got a luxury ball in preparation for her next capture..

Remix2

I really didn't care for this episode at all. The only thing I was thinking of is why are iwane and asada working on this episode, a waste of talent Imo.

Also get used to clement doing something useful for once in a episode, because it going to be another 20-30 for that to happen again.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I really didn't care for this episode at all. The only thing I was thinking of is why are iwane and asada working on this episode, a waste of talent Imo.

Also get used to clement doing something useful for once in a episode, because it going to be another 20-30 for that to happen again.

Why is it that every time Clemont contributes to an episode somone always make a comment about how "hes lmost never going to do it again" it's almost a weird paradox at this point

Remix2

Why is it that every time Clemont contributes to an episode somone always make a comment about how "hes lmost never going to do it again" it's almost a weird paradox at this point

It not that I don't want clement to get screentime and yes it was good to see him doing something in the story, but given on how the writers treat there male companion (especially cilian) I'm not going to get my hopes up. Although to be fair the fact that he atleast is doing something mean that the writer haven't giving up on clement yet.

p96822

Evolve me please
The first part of this episode show of stupid the ash and gang can be. Should have ash felt that pikachu shouldn't be in a little glass jar! It an idiot plot and it bad.

Supersonicbro

This episode made me hope that one day there is an episode where ash and co realize how easily they get tricked and how they need to come up for a solution for that.
It was weird seeing them mindlessly go along with everything team rocket told them to do.

But the part where meowth almost got caught got a bit of a laugh out of me.

MirARTIST

I don't care what people says. I really liked this episode and it looks better than the next one in my opinion. I have always liked pikachu and meowth focused episodes and it was about time to get another one of those.
And we got really adorable scenes between Ash and pikachu. They really do care about each other.

Red and Blue

Nice seeing the Poke Ball factory and all of the different pokeballs. But aside from that, another boring, predictable TR filler. The worst kinds of episodes

2/10

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Pros:

* Meowth's costume - top kek

* This episode was a lot more entertaining when watched at 2X

* Factory animation +1

* Tom & Jerry vibes +1

* Lel, that ending duel?!??

Cons:

* These kids never learn, do they..

* Absolutely nothing happened. Glad to know we can't have two-parters for stuff that matters, like Serena's Performance, but instead got to make time for a filler like this one instead..

Meh, it was supposed to be a fun Tom and Jerry callback. It was bearable at double speed because the action actually was cartoonish and it got me through the episode faster. At least next week is an episode that matters.

3-4/10

K.N.

Problem with episodes like this is that I'm always thinking about how Pokemon have been shown to be not just aware of what's going on outside the Pokeball, but also able to exit it whenever they want. I guess you could just imagine the suitcase prevented that given all the crazy gadgets Team Rocket always shows up with, though.

I really liked the parts where it was just Meowth chasing Pikachu through the factory, it's obvious they wanted to get the rest of the setup over with quickly so they could get to that part. Lots of slapstick and its nice to see Pikachu needing to do almost everything himself. I thought it was a great use of a set piece from the game compared to what they did with the Kalos Power Plant or the monorail.