• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Frenzied Factory Fiasco! (882)

DotKU

Champion
Although we didn't make ANY progress after this episode, I think it wasn't that bad. It was enjoyable and felt like a Tom and Jerry shenanigan. But it does get kinda annoying seeing Ash and friends fall for

these basic traps all the time.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah.. I'm not really feeling this one.

Wasn't terrible though.

Ѕhiny Missingno

At least we now know that different Poké Balls exist. I wonder... are they too expensive for the main cast or what? Sure, the animators are lazy and want to make all the balls the same so that they can easily recycle animation but they should at least give us an in-story reason for the lack of usage for these balls.

But next episode should at least be a bit more sensible one so let's wait for that, shall we?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At least we now know that different Poké Balls exist. I wonder... are they too expensive for the main cast or what? Sure, the animators are lazy and want to make all the balls the same so that they can easily recycle animation but they should at least give us an in-story reason for the lack of usage for these balls.

But next episode should at least be a bit more sensible one so let's wait for that, shall we?

Our group needs the food...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What a standard filler smh. TR did seem slightly more competent than usual with their scheme at first in my view, but seeing Meowth chase Pikachu around got boring fast imho.

Tobinsyr

The thing about a Tom & Jerry type of plot is that it's generally isolated, its own thing. You have Jerry (Pikachu) and Tom (Meowth) but you really don't need anyone else, unless they're essential for getting a lazier Tom to chase Jerry or someone that Jerry can exploit to get Tom in trouble.

And the slapstick works both sides. Yeah, Jerry usually wins but he doesn't always make it unscathed. Here with Pikachu he gets sprayed and curled into a ball, but so is Meowth.

This would've worked better as a kind of special before the new movie with the kids and the rest of TR completely cut out, the moments with them were completely unnecessary aside from starting the plot and ending it.

Ѕhiny Missingno

We saw Safari Balls in Kanto and Apricorn Poke Balls in Johto, not to mention a Master Ball in Hoenn. So this wasn't the first time we saw different Poke Balls. :x

Yeah, that was poorly worded on my part. What I meant was that they still exist yet are completely ignored which is a rather major annoyance annoyance.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I don't care what people says. I really liked this episode and it looks better than the next one in my opinion. I have always liked pikachu and meowth focused episodes and it was about time to get another one of those.
And we got really adorable scenes between Ash and pikachu. They really do care about each other.

me too! I loved this episode

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
In my opinion this wasn't a bad filler compared to other ones aired in the past. I liked Tom & Jerry when I was younger so the vibes I got were decently entertaining and to see the various PokeBalls was also great. Overall I give it a 6.5/10. Not bad at all like I said but I did enjoy it more than the Cosplay Pikachu promotion episode.

Janovy

Banned
This episode was rather 'meh' in my opinion. Not much happened and the stuff that did happen wasn't all that interesting.

Things I did like:

- I like the fact they remembered that Pikachu has a PokéBall.
- I love the way Pikachu sent that Ultra Ball at Meowth and how it sucked him in.
- I enjoyed that little moment of Meowth and Pikachu laughing at each other.
- Ash seemed more upset than usual in this episode, maybe because Pikachu's PokéBall was in play?
- I also dig the fact that Clemont's inventions once again helped save the day.

But yeah, forgettable episode.

Janovy

Banned

PkmnNinja

The pokeball though

Come on, there were major Tom & Jerry vibes with this episode. It was quite an enjoyable episode.

i couldn't go through the whole episode regardless of this somewhat amusing plot. because of Pikachu's Pokeball it was the last straw of the many series breaking failures of the Pokemon Company, Pikachu's ball didn't have the lightning bolt, it was just a normal ball, and why does Satoshi have pikachu's ball, which should still be in Kanto.

Last edited:
i couldn't go through the whole episode regardless of this somewhat amusing plot. because of Pikachu's Pokeball it was the last straw of the many series breaking failures of the Pokemon Company, Pikachu's ball didn't have the lightning bolt, it was just a normal ball, and why does Satoshi have pikachu's ball, which should still be in Kanto.

Why on earth would Pikachu's Poke Ball still be in Kanto? I feel like if it's Poke Ball was back in Kanto, Ash/Satoshi would be able to carry 7 Pokemon.

redsheep

Man... I was hoping the factory workers were gonna reward Ash and company with special pokeballs. Instead they received a proper tour, but Pikachu probably had enough of that place lol.

But still an okay episode 6.5/10
I loved the rivalry between Meowth and Pikachu (something I wish we were treated more to throughout the years). I mean... the two have to be somewhat friends, right? Even a little?

kmyeakel

good episode. Started as Team Rocket disguised as tour people giving Ash and co a pokemon tour. Then turns into a trap. Then Meowth uses a pokeball to capture Pikachu, and according to the smoke, team rocket was celebrating their capture of Pikachu. Then, Pikachu came back and Ash was happy to see him. He told Ash and co that he went into a vent so he thought he was captured, but instead he wasn't. Team rocket was shocked to see Pikachu not caught, even Meowth was mad that Pikachu wasn't caught. Then Pikachu went in the vent and Inkay was there to have a battle with Pikachu. Inkay lost anyways. Then Pikachu went into the Pokeball factory to find the briefcase. He went on the conveyor belt and he saw the briefcase, but seconds later was met by Meowth. They continue their chase until a crane caught both of them. They were into pokeball size. After that, Pikachu and Meowth were sprayed and painted and were both dropped onto the conveyor belt. They both tried to avoid the conveyor belt, but they both were sucked in and Pikachu was shiny clean. The battle was awesome. This episode was a pefect 10 of 10

Haunter ゴースト

Really fun episode, was hoping Pikachu vs Meowth was going to be legit at the end when they stood on the van but alas never mind.

Also, extremely gutted Pikachu's Pokeball doesn't have the thunderbolt symbol on it.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Really fun episode, was hoping Pikachu vs Meowth was going to be legit at the end when they stood on the van but alas never mind.

Also, extremely gutted Pikachu's Pokeball doesn't have the thunderbolt symbol on it.
They retconned that within the first episode of the original series. The ball has pretty much been thunderbolt-less ever since Ash stepped out of Oak's lab after he got Pikachu.