• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Frenzied Factory Fiasco! (882)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Someone offered a very sensible explanation a while ago.

Remember how Okido had three other, empty balls in his lab as well, ones the three other starters had been in before they got taken? These three balls, which had the Pokemon's names written on them, remained behind in the lab while the Pokémon went with its Trainer, and were presumably going to be used for storing new starters later. Apat from the fact that Pikachu's ball had a thunderbolt on it instead of the name "Pikachu", that should be the case with that as well.

So the thunderbolt-marked ball is still at the lab together with those other three balls, while Satoshi and his three rivals were given new, unmarked balls for their Pokemon as they left the lab.

Makes sense, right?

rohil

Does anyone know is CN skipping this episode and Serena's showcase episode as they don't have air dates for them?

Ascended Dialga

While it's annoying that this entire episode was made possible by the stupidity of the characters, the conflict between Meowth and Pikachu on the production floor is amusing in a Tom & Jerry kind of way, from the two getting spray-painted to Pikachu almost capturing Meowth in a Luxury Ball. I was also surprised to learn that Ash still had Pikachu's Poké Ball with him.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Staraptor, because why not?

What kind of factory has laser beams?

That Poke Ball stone wasn't even rolling that fast to cause a blasting off...

While it's annoying that this entire episode was made possible by the stupidity of the characters, the conflict between Meowth and Pikachu on the production floor is amusing in a Tom & Jerry kind of way, from the two getting spray-painting to Pikachu briefly capturing Meowth in a Luxury Ball. I was also surprised to learn that Ash still had Pikachu's Poké Ball with him.

Meowth even had a VERY clear shot of Pikachu for a whole minute when they were grabbed by the mechanical hands, but he chooses to flail his hands instead.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Was curious about this ep since i stopped watching this season. It was ok. Not sure if the CGI of the factory was really necessary though.

Ash: "I can't stand Team Rocket!"

You took the words right out of my mouth Ash. Can't stand them either. Hopefully one day the creators will follow suit and they can go the way of Brock, Misty, May and the rest.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A good filler. I liked how they brought back Pikachu's pokeball after so long. And it was cool to see Pikachu get painted like pokeballs(I laughed when Meowth said he looked like Wobbufett.), disappointed only Meowth's face got paint.
And it was hilarious Pikachu almost caught Meowth in the Luxury Ball.

8.5/10

This episode annoyed me for some reason. Not sure why. However, it was nice to see the inner workings of a pokeball factory. I also found it hilarious when Meowth almost got captured in a Luxury Ball.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I was also surprised to learn that Ash still had Pikachu's Poké Ball with him.

He probably has to have it in order for Pikachu to count as being a part of his current party.

Honestly, though, I can't help but wonder why Ash never tries to withdraw Pikachu for the sake of getting him out of a Team Rocket trap or something, letting him right back out afterwards. I mean, yes, it's very well established that Pikachu hates being in the ball, but given the choice, I'd like to think Pikachu would pick less than two seconds in its ball over potentially being handed over to Team Rocket's boss, y'know?

I liked that Team Rocket's plan for swiping Pikachu this time involved swiping Pikachu's Poké Ball and then withdrawing Pikachu into it. Pretty different from their usual pitfall traps and complex, expensive gadgets. And Meowth almost being caught in a Luxury Ball was pretty funny, too- you'd think after all the times Meowth nearly got caught in Unova, he'd have Jessie or James catch him, even if he doesn't want to be in a ball, just so he'd be registered to a Poké Ball to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

Lastly, I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed that nobody got any of the Poké Ball variants, twerps or Team Rocket. I mean, I kinda liked when we had Totodile, Corsola, and Pineco/Forretress in Apricorn Poké Balls- something different, y'know? Poké Ball varieties other than the standard one don't see nearly enough use in the anime, IMO.

Overall, a very entertaining episode. I like. :)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lastly, I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed that nobody got any of the Poké Ball variants, twerps or Team Rocket. I mean, I kinda liked when we had Totodile, Corsola, and Pineco/Forretress in Apricorn Poké Balls- something different, y'know? Poké Ball varieties other than the standard one don't see nearly enough use in the anime, IMO.

From what I heard, the writers don't want to burn their budget with non-normal Poke Balls.

Vipsoccermaster

It's a fine filler. Ash and friends are stupid enough to fall into Team Rocket's trap...they didn't even say something when they saw Team Rocket pulling off their mischievous looks? In any case, Pikachu overall was pretty amazing here. It was indeed hilarious that Meowth nearly got caught in a Luxury Ball. Now Ash and friends will get an actual tour of the Poké Ball Factory...only that it is being done off-screen.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
From what I heard, the writers don't want to burn their budget with non-normal Poke Balls.

At least they were kind enough to keep Totodile's Poke Ball as the Lure Ball in Diamond & Pearl. That's continuity I can admire.

Meowth nearly getting captured in a Luxury Ball was great. Seemed to me that the ball had it's own luxury spa, according to Meowth's reaction to being caught.

I'm surprised nobody totally feels upset about the absence of a lightning bolt on Pikachu's Poke Ball. But to be fair, it doesn't bother me. Especially when we hardly see Pikachu's own Poke Ball to begin with.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
At least they were kind enough to keep Totodile's Poke Ball as the Lure Ball in Diamond & Pearl. That's continuity I can admire.

Meowth nearly getting captured in a Luxury Ball was great. Seemed to me that the ball had it's own luxury spa, according to Meowth's reaction to being caught.

I'm surprised nobody totally feels upset about the absence of a lightning bolt on Pikachu's Poke Ball. But to be fair, it doesn't bother me. Especially when we hardly see Pikachu's own Poke Ball to begin with.

It bothered me a lot, that's a pretty significant thing to forget..

Episodes like this make me wish we'd see other kinds of Pokeballs more often in the show than just standard Pokeballs all the time.
Then again, the games come first, so it's probably just showing what kinds you can have in the games through the anime.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I was a little disappointed that when Team rocket mentioned a room where the humans could see what it is like inside of a poke ball, it turned out not to be real..

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A really liked this light hearted episode, it had a lot of great moments. To echo the above comments, it really was Pikachu's time to shine and that's ok with me.

My heart dropped when I thought Pikachu was inside it's Pokéball but my faith was restored just moments later. Also, Meowth in a Luxury ball was really funny.

A great episode, onto the next one!

DatsRight

This quickly became one of my favourite episodes of the entire series.

Both Pikachu and Meowth looked strong in this episode despite being thoroughly comedic (all it needed was Raymond Scott's Powerhouse playing in the background). Meowth was surprisingly resilient and underhanded solo against Pikachu this time round (he even got in a Fury Swipes for what I think is the first time ever against the yellow one). I like episodes the heroes are actually at the disadvantage and have to actually out strategise the trio. Pikachu was charmingly cunning in this episode, a far cry from Beyond The Aura where he was hopeless without an attack being called. They should really try more episodes like this, though XY has at least did a decent job showing Ash's team can handle a challenging Team Rocket.

Also a pretty cunning trap by the trio with them bumbling and improvising well to keep the upper hand, even if they weren't afraid to lampshade the fact that the heroes were being exceptionally gullible this time round (looks A LOT like a TR electric proof case there, Ash).

Shame, I believe this was the last XY episode Team Rocket were a threat the entire episode rather than quick filler. It was a good run while it lasted, guys.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Pikachu & Meowth having Tom & Jerry shenanigans for 22 minutes at such an important Team Flare plot location in the games was like rubbing salt in the wound. 4/10

Nyter

Island Challenger
This was a great episode. This one can't be compared to any of the other episodes at all. This episode definitely was one out of the ordinary. Yes we know Ash and co. are gullible enough to fall for shizz that Team Rocket pull but it was great seeing Pikachu hold its own and Meowth try to combat it one-on-one. The Meowth almost getting caught thing was definitely a blind side hit to the viewers. Great episode!

5 stars out of five for sure

DatsRight

Concerning Meowth trying to battle Pikachu, as short as the scene was, I like he was devious enough to try and get things to his advantage this time. While they've played with him using a mech to 'cheat' against Pikachu several times, we haven't seen him be that strategic and underhanded in proper battling, except maybe against Brock's Onix. He always rushes in and gets toasted in one second (par some rare comical power boosts). Here he goads one of the heroes into playing by his rules and walks in with a crafty dirty move, getting Pikachu out of rhythm enough to get in A BIT of damage. This is something I'd like to see more of, and could excuse having Meowth battle more often without powering him up too much. Not to mention Pikachu outdoing a dirty fighter made him look more impressive.

Last edited: