• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Friend In Deed! (080)

gentwoer

I liked Ritchie, but why did 4Kids give his Charmander a controversial nickname like Zippo? And why did Ritchie's team seem like Ash's old team with Butterfree and Charmander?

Zippo was its name in the Japanese version too so its not like 4kids picked it out.

I'm more bothered by how lame ***** Ash and Ritchie's team was. Like they both had a weak bug pokemon and some unevolved first stage Pokemon. How did they even make it past the first round in the Pokemon league?

Also did Ritchie only have those 3 Pokemon or what? I think his last episode implied he had a Sparrow iirc but seriously.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Also did Ritchie only have those 3 Pokemon or what? I think his last episode implied he had a Sparrow iirc but seriously.

He had at least four Pokemon; his fourth one was either an Onisuzume or a Menokurage, judging from the match that we saw.

Daizy

I call you honey
I feel as if Ritchie was more like Red than Ash was except that Ash had a better team. Ritchie's team by comparison looked weak. I liked the truck scenes when Ash and Ritchie teamed up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I feel as if Ritchie was more like Red than Ash was except that Ash had a better team.

I feel like Satoshi's team and Hiroshi's team were even, though. Satoshi had Lizardon sure, although he was disobedient so he wasn't a factor.

Ritchie showed up out of nowhere and he reminded me of Red which was probably the point. I didn't like how he was also supposed to be like a mirror image of Ash since they had similar Pokemon and the same personality, although Ritchie seemed smarter than Ash since he was wise enough to mark his Poke Balls. I liked the camping scene though because it was a calm moment.

Meeting Ritchie was bittersweet because he was a nice guy and all but he was destined to defeat Ash which made me like him less than I should've. He was a lot like Ash although maybe a tad bit smarter and his team was almost the same as Ash's too except with Charmander instead of Charizard and he owned a Butterfree just like Ash once had. I didn't like how the two trainers became friends only to have to battle each other in the next episode. 7/10

Richie is a cinnamon roll. I love his friendship with Ash.