• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Friend In Deed! (080)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I like how Richie tackled Ash to save him, and then Ash knocked him off of him.

^ Great LeagueShipping moment right there ^_^

I liked Richie! He's very kind and wow does he ever remind me of Ash... that's not a bad thing, though, because Ash is my favorite character 8D I also like how Richie puts labels on his Pokéballs... that is so cool ^^

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
It was okay. A nice introduction to Richie. It was cool how they were actually being realistic about Pokeball confusion.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was a decent episode though i find richy slightly annoying, meh it's just me that's what opinions are-_-

Icefiyre

Banned
One of the most hilarious episodes ever! I liked the way that Team Rocket had Ash and his new friend Ritchie trapped in their trailer once they made off with the stolen Pokemon.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, richie was so smart..
And i loved how Ash and richie saved the pokemon from TR

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Great episode. Usually the League Rival type of character appear in the beginning of the League, not half-way through. I wish we could've seen Richie compete more.

I liked that Ash and Richie became instant friends through all the chaos Team Rocket caused by stealing their PokeBalls. Loved that they worked together to make a whole in Team Rockets truck.

Perfect introduction episode all around :p 10/10

JohnLee

Great episode. Usually the League Rival type of character appear in the beginning of the League, not half-way through. I wish we could've seen Richie compete more.

I liked that Ash and Richie became instant friends through all the chaos Team Rocket caused by stealing their PokeBalls. Loved that they worked together to make a whole in Team Rockets truck.

Perfect introduction episode all around :p 10/10

It's sad that we'll probably never see poor Ritchie again! He was awesome! I loved all of his pokemon. His pokemon reminded me of how Ash's pokemon probably could have been.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Richie was one of the so and so characters if you like him or not. Evrybody pretty much hates him because he beat Ash, and has the same Pokemon as him. However, he also tried to save Ash. So, overall he was a cool character. :)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I liked this episode, it was good. I love Richie's Pikachu because of it's cool little haircut and I like how unique Richie and his pokemon are. Putting those stickers on his pokeballs to tell them apart from others was genius!

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode. Richie was more fun to see in the later season. It was cool however to see him for the 1st time, his labeled pokeballs looked really cool and were very clever. It was cool to see Pikachu be able to sniff out Ash's Pokemon to help them escape. It was cool to see them become friends. Sparky definitely had a unique look.

14/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
Richie annoyed me a lot. He seemed to be too similar to Ash for me to find him even remotely interesting. It was cool to see that he nicknamed all his Pokemon, though some of the names I found strange, like Zippo the Charmander (makes me think about orange juice for some reason o_O) and Happy the Butterfree (seems unoriginal and lame).

I liked the end of the episode, where Ash and Richie find out they're going to face each other. Five year-old me thought it was a really dramatic way to end the episode, and it made me want to see the next episode really bad.

Sorotoki

100% Legit 50% Pro
Can someone please explain how when the van was flying off the cliff Ash magically summoned Pidgeotto? He wasn't aware which pokeballs were his, so he must have gotten VERY lucky to grab Pidgeotto's ball.

Vernikova

Champion
Richie was terrible. I seriously disliked the guy since he seemed like "perfect Ash". Nothing much happened here really besides this guy debuting though. When I was younger I was really excited over this new rival but watching it again I feel exactly the opposite.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Diglett!
I think it's a bit stupid that people would just throw their Pokéballs in a bag with hundreds of others. It's even more stupid that Ash would let his Pikachu be tied up in a bag. I liked Team Rocket's little victory dance when they stole all them Pokémon.
I really liked Richie's character, he seems like an Ash without that annoying overconfidence. And he actually had a brain. The van scene was pretty good, and James' turn attack was obviously the best!

Blessed

I didn't mind Ritchie, I love the thought of him & Ash being best friends & I loved how they both worked together against TR.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash has a clone and it's better than him. Worst concept ever. But it happens. However, I don't get Team Rocket keeping ash from his match instead of just kidnapping his Pikachu would have done anything for them. That was just really crazy.

Last edited:

7threst

Ritchie was alright, but just his personality was pretty standard in my regard. He certainly was a rival, but it was nothing compared to what Gary and Ash had.

Lucille

It would of been neat if Ash would of used someone else's Pokeball and a Machoke/Kadabra/Haunter/Graveler came out and evolved