• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Friend In Deed! (080)

J Ken

RAVE
This episode began the worst recurring gag in the entire series. The Ash loses every League gag.

NPT

Just a member
This episode introduced Ritchi....who is similar to Ash, even his Pokemon were same as Ash's and they had weird nicknames. He was a really boring character IMO.

Aside from Ritchi's introduction, the rest of the episode's plot was focused on Team Rocket stealing Pokémon. I thought It's cool when Ritchi and Ash found their Pokemon and defeated Team Rocket, but it was odd when the van was still moving without it's front portion.

It was a good move that Richie did in putting stickers on his Pokeballs so he could tell them apart from others.
I want to know how trainers know which Pokeballs are theirs if they're all bunched together with other trainers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, Ritchie was too much like Ash in my opinion; I mean aside from both having Pikachu as their main Pokemon, their personalities were also very similar. I really enjoyed seeing them chase after Team Rocket and fight to get all the stolen Poke Balls back to their trainers. Them being each other's next opponent was so cliche though.

Gillachu

Banned
Ritchie was like Ash 2.0 lol. They even had similar Pokemon. I didn't really care for their fight against TR in the truck, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Ash's mom was helping out in the restaurant, plus Ritchie seemed exactly like Ash. I liked their camping scene and Ritchie's explanation of the constellations as well.

JudySpell

Banned
Ritchie placing stickers on his Pokeballs was smart but like most people I thought he acted like Ash's expy which was annoying. 7/10

Richy was such a nice guy and he seemed like Red from the games almost. My favorite scene was when he and Ash were told that they had to battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Satoshi met Hiroshi in this episode, and it was nice to see them get along even in the midst of the Rocket-dan's Monster Ball theft. I thought that Hiroshi nicknaming his Pokemon was quite original, and seeing Hanako and Okido-hakase at the Sekiei League as Satoshi's cheering section was awesome.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Richie seemed to be a jack of all trades instead of being an Ash clone. I like how he gave his Pokemon nicknames instead of just calling them by their regular names: it sets him apart from most other trainers.

ZilverLox

Banned
Unlike others, I liked Richie. And I was glad that Richie had his own Pikachu and Charmander. I liked the way that Team Rocket had Ash and Richie trapped in their trailer once they made off with the stolen Pokemon. But I'm wondering why Ash was surprised that Richie was his new opponent in the end since technically, they were competing against each other by default this whole time.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But I'm wondering why Ash was surprised that Richie was his new opponent in the end since technically, they were competing against each other by default this whole time.

Well yes it's true that Ash and Ritchie were essentially league rivals all along since they were after the same goal of winning the tourney, but I don't think either of them expected that they'd have to face each other so soon after becoming friends. ^^

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked Ritchie, but why did 4Kids give his Charmander a controversial nickname like Zippo? And why did Ritchie's team seem like Ash's old team with Butterfree and Charmander?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked Ritchie, but why did 4Kids give his Charmander a controversial nickname like Zippo? And why did Ritchie's team seem like Ash's old team with Butterfree and Charmander?

I think the parallels between Hiroshi's team and Satoshi's team was done on purpose since both characters were so much alike and both were based on Red from the games.

Here came Ash's reason for losing at the Kanto League. Ritchie seemed too perfect like when he fixed the lift and when he had labeled his PokeBalls. I wish he wasn't such a goody twoshoes.