• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A friendly discussion about friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankanshoku Mako

I accept friend requests from practically anyone who sends them, although I don't make efforts to get to know said people if I don't already. The exception to this is when a person who I don't like for one reason or another friends me(has only happened once so far). I turn these people down, I'm willing to associate myself with those I really don't know or only had one or two short conversations with, but don't want to with people I dislike. As far as giving others friend requests, I think I've only done that once in my entire sppf career, so I'm not exactly big in that department. I'm not really to constantly reach out to others, I'm satisfied with the friendships I already have.

*IZ*

When I was a n00b I accepted any friend requests...just recently (like 2 weeks ago) I cleaned out my friend list, deleting those that I don't know. I only kept a few permabanned people because I like re-reading their posts.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well I never send friend requests... If I did.. I forgot :p but I generally accept requests from random people as long as they are friendly and have seen them a bit active in the forums ^_^

Don't judge me D:< >.<

Myrrh

I've never sent out a friend request to someone, I always let others decide if we are friends or not. Here and in real life. Most of the requests I've gotten were from clan-mates and a few from people I've traded with. Some other requests are from people who I've interacted with in the Games section.

Any time I get a completely random request I VM them for an explanation. I've accepted them even though they basically just "felt like it". Though one time I never got an answer back so I denied it.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
26 posts and no pony joke?

Anyway, out of all the people on my friends list, I've only sent like 5 of them, I'm not sure why people even want to talk to me but if they do I do try my best to keep the conversation. Most of the people on my list seem to either be interested in art, anime or games so I guess it makes sense. I don't accept random friend request and instead I tell the person to get to know me or something.

Grey Wind

I never accept random people, I'd rather talk to them first. I hate it when people just friend request the whole forum, it usually puts me off accepting them. Really, if I know the person and like them I'll generally accept it. I rarely send any requests though, I just never bother. I've sent about six or seven requests in total.

I'll talk to people if they make an effort to Vm me or something though, and I'd never block my VMs and what not because I'm not a mod or facetious.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
As a rule, I check the friend's posts, and VMs. Then I wait a week to see how they post. If they aren't flame throwing Trolls I accept. It gives me time to see if we have things in common or radically different ideas. Simple enough way to be friends.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
I don't really value friendships that form from the internet as the ones that I have in real life. I usually only two to internet friends for (at the most) a month, then lose contact with them. Still accept friend requests, though (don't wanna be mean)

Flame Mistress

I'm one of those smarter people who don't accept random friend requests. What's the point of being "friends" with someone you don't know? I only accept friend requests if I know them from a forum, and vice versa. I think being "friends" with a stranger is pointless - I'd rather have a smaller group of closer friends who I can chat with any time instead. To people who think that having lots of "friends" makes you popular and respected - it really doesn't. You're more likely to be seen as cheap. Sure, it doesn't really matter if you're a newbie since you kinda need some help getting the grasp of things, but as an experiences user, I think that's rubbish.

As for private profiles, I only keep it private because... well, just because. I mean, say someone said something like "FM is a jerk" on my profile. It's not really something I want everyone else to see, is it?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I don't know Battle. I have a few friends on the net that I have "known" a long time. I even met up with several at gaming conventions. Frankly after "knowing" someone for a decade even if it's only a pen pal like friendship, you develop a bond. I would be quite sad if something awful happened to someone like Sapphire Septile, or Jb#. Heck I don't always see eye to eye with Ghost Anime but were something to upset his life, I would feel bad and want to help him out.

Thus I find that internet friendships can be a strong as real life ones.

Aegon

I only accept friend requests if I've conversed with the person on at least two occasions, or if they've been particularly helpful or I've enjoyed a pleasant trade with them. I don't send many friends requests myself.

I also send friend requests to people whom I respect. Like that one cool guy who never posts anymore, ParadoxWithinAParadox. Wherever he is, I know he's probably watching and smiling from afar.
You need to check out the Games forum, mon ami.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I don't really care all too much for the friend request button, but saying I don't care for it at all would make me a hypocrite. I've sent a few people around the forums a request, but normally only after we've established a decent conversation of some sort. Friend requests in terms of this forum seem to go both ways for me; few of the people I've VMed / VMed me tend to ignore it as well most of the time.

I'll accept anyone, I like meeting new people! As long as they have a mind and aren't those people who troll, I'm fine with it. Who knows, they could even be one of your good friends.

Cruxis

Banned
i only accept friend requests from hot jailbait, or girls that i find to be attractive

I will generally accept any friend request that comes my way. If they went through the trouble of asking, I don't wanna be a jerk by saying no. I don't accept FRs from people I don't want to associate with. Admittedly, this is a rather short list. Also, if you send me a VM I can't respond to, you've pretty much thrown your chance out the window. (You should know better!) And I rarely send FRs to people.

As for profile privacy, I usually keep my VMs open to anyone who wants to say hi. I won't lock it down unless I have a troll problem, which has happened in the past.

Last edited:

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
i only accept friend requests from hot jailbait, or girls that i find to be attractive

*Flutters eyelashes* ;)

Back on topic though yeah generally I like to give everyone a chance on the forum so I accept away. New rivals ftw.

I will generally accept any friend request that comes my way. If they went through the trouble of asking, I don't wanna be a jerk by saying no. I don't accept FRs from people I don't want to associate with. Admittedly, this is a rather short list. Also, if you send me a VM I can't respond to, you've pretty much thrown your chance out the window. (You should know better!) And I rarely send FRs to people.

As for profile privacy, I usually keep my VMs open to anyone who wants to say hi. I won't lock it down unless I have a troll problem, which has happened in the past.
Same with me. I mean, why do people VM you and lock up all their profiles so you won't VM them? Its disturbing..

Status
Not open for further replies.