• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A friendly discussion about friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I usually accepts whatever FR i'm sent. In real-life, I have no friends, and have never really had any, so I got used to being alone. Online, I try to make friends, though I NEVER approach people. I just can't do that.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I remember at the start of my Sppf life I was not desperate but willing to anchor myself into the forum. After a wee while (about a year in fact) I got my first friend request. Now, my friends are the people who usually post in RMT threads.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I accept all FR's on SPPf and I try my best to keep up with many conversations (depends if I'm interested or not. Honesty hands-down.) In reality, I am just as nice, but I wouldn't expect someone to trust me in a true friendship just that fast. And friendship usually backfires (that is, if you greet your friends along with someone you care for. Hint hint. Things tend to go out of hand in terms of being trustworthy).

I'm, overall, open to anyone.

blackterminator3

I am down with any kind of friendship, if they are a decent poster, and I never had a problem with. Then I will accept them. They also have to have a good heart.

Lanik

I kinda like this topic. It's so original. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one who's skeptical about virtual friendships. Personally, virtual friendships don't have as much meaning to me as they used to. I've had a virtual best friend, but he's long gone. I lost faith in him years ago.

I don't befriend someone online without incentive. I befriend people whom I've had pleasant trades with, or people who gave me good feedback about my Pokemon, or people who gave me compliments. Before I read this thread, I thought submitting good, constructive information to threads automatically gets me friends. I stand corrected. It takes more than that.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Online I have acquaintances. I have 2 for real online friends that I try to talk to on a regular basis.

Irl I have a lot. Like a lot. I have 2 really really close friends and a bunch of other friends. I'm pretty friendly with most of the kids at my high school and everywhere else I go. I guess you could say I'm pretty well known.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is amazing how many friends you get at school when showing up with bubble gum.

Yes. But it takes looking through their previous posts to see how they handle themselves when trolled or disagreed with.

That is called Stalking, deary. Guilty

Josiah

is your favorite
As far as the internet is concerned, I wouldn't say I have a ton of friends. There's people who I think are funny (and would hope they thought likewise), but I tend not to actually reach out to them. I will generally accept friend requests though, and I probably wouldn't mind adding people on Facebook either. I just won't pretend we're besties.

Offline, I have a few close friends and I never pretend to be best friends with people I don't consider best friends. I've only ever told two people they were my best friends and I meant it both times. I don't misuse the word love - I don't think I've ever actually told a friend I love them. I tend to keep to myself, but if I'm put in a social situation I will be social. A lot of people like me, or at least pretend to like me. I got voted funniest kid in my class, so I don't think I'm imagining it.

TheZoruaBreeder

Shiny Hunting
Once I had this online friend, we kept on winding down details of each other.
I asked him what his school was, after gaining his trust and confirming I was not a stalker/pedo.
"***" he said (censored for my privacy) "Really? The one in ****** (City)?!" I asked in shock
"Yes! What grade are you in?"
"7' I replied
"Me too!"
"What class?"
"***"
"Me too!"
"Who are you...?"
"Hattie!" I said in glee.
"I'm Tim"
Tim and me had never really talked IRL before that. Then we met each other at school, we were best friends after a week, 2 years later; we were going out"
Thought I might just share this with you as it is semi-related to this thread

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.