• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A friendly discussion about friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Hm. Probably... I kept my profile private for ages coz I was trolled, then I be-friended someone that actually stalked me so they can talk about me to their friends. That's why I stopped adding people and loosing trust.

Now I'm quite cool making my profile public again but I don't add people until they actually talked to me, but when someone VM's me and their profiles are private...meh! I don't bother.

I ignore junk PM's such as trades (I specifically wrote to VM me NOT PM me) and randoms 'how r u?!?!' 'HI ADD ME UR SO COOOOOL!'
Meh! That's why I bother making my profile public - for peeps to VM me, not PMing me something not THAT private! Hello?! Thats why its called PRIVATE MESSAGE.

I also don't bother replying to VM's that.. I don't even think I can reply to anyway.

I thnk I've said harsh words.....nya~

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
I normally accept any that come in, within reason. To be honest, I don't talk to enough people on here to warrent adding anybody myself. Out of 27 people on my friends list, only one I keep in any form of contact with. So, yeah :p

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I don't give a **** genius...........

You're the one proud to have befriended that loon.

You're the one who is actually making a big deal about it. And who started this argument again? Oh yeah, it was you. That first sentence sounds like a pretty false claim.

And who the hell cares if she has Datte on her friends list. I don't give a f*ck, a lot of other people don't give a f*ck and Glass Eye probably doesn't either.

EDIT: So, we're now taking it to VMs now? OH WAIT, I can't reply so I have to post the reply in my own page even though you might not see it.

Protip: If you're not gonna let people VM/PM you back, reply to me in the thread.

Last edited:

KingWiggins

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh, friendly friends.. YOOM TAH!
Ten points to those who got that one
Yes! Friendship is important! And without it, 13-year olds would have nothing to b!tch about on facebook

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Very few people send me friend request, and I also don't send friend request if I don't know about the person. So I had very few friends in my friend list

I'm quite picky about friend requests. I don't accept random friend requests if that person never VM me before at least for once. Even if they had, I'll go look at their profile and statistic, including post rates, last activity, how often are they in the forum, etc, every single major and minor details in their profile page.
Also I did send friend request to someone in this forum also, but only because I knew them to certain extent when reading through their posts throughout the forum, and I found a common interest or some other common traits that we share. I never ever send random friend request. Every friend I choose to add to my friend list had been "selected".

To tell the truth, I always "surf" through this and other registered forums periodically, hence I'm always on the forum. However I seldomly post or reply to thread because I'm not very talkative, and I don't like to post the same answer if other had said it over and over already. So my existence is not significant enough to be notice by other users. (Join this forum for already 5 years, yet post counts had not exceed 200... yeah, technically a wandering "ghost")

Profesco

gone gently
I occasionally get a request from a newbie member I've never even seen before. Those are the kind of requests I turn down - ones from people who've never said a single word to me. All you have to do to get on my friend list, really, is have a conversation with me. It needn't even be through VM or PM; in-thread chatting works too.

Speaking of Dattebayo, I miss him. He was a pleasure to talk to.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I don't really mind anyone shooting me a friend request, because honestly its just a friendlist on serebii it really doesn't mean much. No I don't mean to pick on serebii I just mean friend lists in general are fairly useless in the sense that you know who your friends are you don't need a list on a website to tell you. On that note I usually accept any friend request sent to me whether I or the other person has any intention of going any further.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I accept everyone, but I only talk to a few, I should make an effort to talk to people who add me though.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I accept anyone whos not a complete toll/spammer. I dont see tons of importance since this just the internet and I havent even talked to all of them. I just feel it would be minorly rude to reject a friend request. On another social media site like facebook? I would only friend friends and family. There are some wierd wierdos out there...

Ludger

スポック
Hm. Probably... I kept my profile private for ages coz I was trolled, then I be-friended someone that actually stalked me so they can talk about me to their friends. That's why I stopped adding people and loosing trust.

Now I'm quite cool making my profile public again but I don't add people until they actually talked to me, but when someone VM's me and their profiles are private...meh! I don't bother.

I ignore junk PM's such as trades (I specifically wrote to VM me NOT PM me) and randoms 'how r u?!?!' 'HI ADD ME UR SO COOOOOL!'
Meh! That's why I bother making my profile public - for peeps to VM me, not PMing me something not THAT private! Hello?! Thats why its called PRIVATE MESSAGE.

I also don't bother replying to VM's that.. I don't even think I can reply to anyway.

I thnk I've said harsh words.....nya~
I think you are right. I only make them friend if I can think he/she will accept anyone nicely. I hope I can chat with him/her nicely because I like to become friend to anyone.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't accept friend requests from people I barely, or don't know at all.

GalladeX

I accept friend requests from everyone, because I feel bad if I don't. Unless I actively have seen if the user's rude or whatever. In that case, I won't accept it.
I don't know half the people on my friend's list, really.

AuraWarior

Knight of the old
I accept friend request and send them to people I know from a clan and stuff, and I think some of this people could be real friends if we ever met.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Ill answer with reference and quotes of one of my favorite characters.
First of all having friends is good, friends friends FRIENDS! YOMTAH!~wigglytuff
Friendship is magic~Fluttershy/princess celestia.

Having friends for me is a good thing, though oftenly on sites like serebii there tend to be trolls and stalkers, so i recomend not accepting all friend request, only the ones you trust,know and have proven from other people to not be stalkers.

Having friends for me is a good thing, though oftenly on sites like serebii there tend to be trolls and stalkers, so i recomend not accepting all friend request, only the ones you trust,know and have proven from other people to not be stalkers.

I wouldn't worry about stalkers too much on SPPf. Most people on here are harmless.

Kacho

You are next.
Ill answer with reference and quotes of one of my favorite characters.
First of all having friends is good, friends friends FRIENDS! YOMTAH!~wigglytuff
Friendship is magic~Fluttershy/princess celestia.

which PMD is that wigglytuff from?

Status
Not open for further replies.