• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Full Course Tag Battle! (544)

TeddiUrsa

So, apparently Satoshi and Takeshi one-hitting the ´laxes is DEM to this forum as well...let´s keep the record of having no single thread without the word in it: DEM.

Dammit, what else can I say about this episode which wasn´t already said? I´m too late again... ^^"

Well, I really liked this episode.

-Seeing Shuu, Harley and Masato ( who is a wannabe Takeshi now?? o_O) in short montages was great and makes me wish that Haruka had her own little Pokemon-Sunday specials like Kenji and Kasumi...but whatever...

-The wooden Teddiursa made me happy ;)

- Manene somehow was the only TR-Pokémon not to eat. Too bad,...fat TR is still fun as hell.

- I don´t want to sound like a Haruka fanboy, but this episode reminded me why I liked Haruka so much. She became kinda dull in episodes not centering her in the BF, but in this episode she proves to be a very entertaining character. Looking forward to the Mikuri-Cup.

(- did her chest shrunk even more since mid-hoenn? I am sick of hearing that Haruka has "big boobs", because they disappeared somewhere in Hoenn and in this episode as well. They are gone. Live with it ;) )

Geodude

No. I kind of understood what they said. May was shocked that Ash is entering the contest.

If that was what you thought, then you didn't understand at all. That makes absolutely no sense, since they had JUST brought out their shared ribbon, a reminder of the contest they had entered together. So why would she be so shocked that he was entering another one? The conversation went very roughly like this:

Dawn: "Ash is gonna enter the Contest too."
May: *turns to Ash* "You are?"
Ash: "Yeah, Wallace suggested I enter with Buizel."
May: "WALLACE?!"

So she was shocked because they've already met Wallace.

So, apparently Satoshi and Takeshi one-hitting the ´laxes is DEM to this forum as well...let´s keep the record of having no single thread without the word in it: DEM.
I'm not sure, but it seemed to me that even Ash and Brock were a little surprised they defeated them so easily. So maybe they were just not that strong in comparison.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer

Oddly enough, I immediately assumed the exact opposite: the 'laxes were just pathetically weak.

TeddiUrsa

Oddly enough, I immediately assumed the exact opposite: the 'laxes were just pathetically weak.

I am thinking the same as you and Geodude. I wonder what s so hard to understand that some pokémon of a 'powerful' species just don´t need to be as strong and well trained as others.

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
That is true, but give them a little credit, they sleep a lot. It's in their nature.

~Ayra~;267;

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I loved this episode. I especially enjoyed the scene where Ash and May got out their shared ribbon. It feels like May never left, she fits back in with the team so well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
(- did her chest shrunk even more since mid-hoenn? I am sick of hearing that Haruka has "big boobs", because they disappeared somewhere in Hoenn and in this episode as well. They are gone. Live with it ;) )

They're still there, but you have to look at the correct shots. This outfit seems to push them down or something:

[img139]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Shade-Hikari/Hikari/hikari458.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/Hikari/src/120908740485.jpg[/img139]

Depends on the scenes you look at. :p

Thriller

Its almost time
I loved this episode. I especially enjoyed the scene where Ash and May got out their shared ribbon. It feels like May never left, she fits back in with the team so well.

I hope you saw that Wartortle in the next episode preview ;)

CyberCubed said:
*snips May pics*

Still, they're much smaller than her early Hoenn episodes.

uber gon

Accept Change
When the flashback showed Drew's Roserade, was it doing some attack?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Still, they're much smaller than her early Hoenn episodes.

Well they're not as blatant. But looking at pics like this:

[img139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/vlcsnap-13405.png[/img139]

She still has a chest. Not to mention Dawn fangirling her. :p

uber gon

Accept Change

[img139]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Melody1989/vlcsnap-13405.png[/img139]

True, but at least it makes more sense this way. She's at an age where certain "changes" occur.

TeddiUrsa

picture: boob-girl and skirt-fangirl

I really need to colour some of my Haruka-stuff...I think this mini-arc gave me enough inspiration ^^

Somehow I felt the group dynamic was much more enjoyable in this episode than in the rest of DP.
Sure, Hoenn´s group-dynamic wasn´t Kanto´s which is still my favourite, but to me, the friendship/discussions/interaction between Ash,Hikari and Brock is really lacking in DP :/

andrewcun13

Top Coordinator
I just finish watching this episode on youtube and what piss me off is May's fire water fusion attack with dawn I mean can't she be more original I mean she stole that move from Tucker and I bet she uses it in all her contests.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just finish watching this episode on youtube and what piss me off is May's fire water fusion attack with dawn I mean can't she be more original I mean she stole that move from Tucker and I bet she uses it in all her contests.

So? Adapting an attack strategy from a Frontier Brain is a smart thing to do.

Cobalt_Latios

So? Adapting an attack strategy from a Frontier Brain is a smart thing to do.
Considering the time since that episode (Tactics Theatrics), it now seems as if that's become May's own little move. Not only that, but I noticed that Ash seemed to be the first to recognize it. Normally, he's not as swift, but the writers seem to be making him notice things better.

... Yes, I did in fact watch this episode.

I gotta say, I think that May's whole meal obssession was particularly entertaining. Before I go into my "rating" of the episode, I need two things clarified (it'd be more, but for some reason I was able to "understand" things more in this ep. That's highly unusual for me).

- During the Munchlax search thingy, Why exactly was May somewhat annoyed at the comment by Brock?

- Did May make some kind of "reservation"? As it seems that she knows not only what the theme of this place is, but it seems the waiter knew that she'd reserved a seat there or something on that level. Help please.

Anyways, this was actually very entertaining. I liked how she actually brought back souvenirs from Johto to her friends. Even if it was just a reference, its good that she makes mention of her rivals and Max. Glaceon suits her for some strange reason, and it was great to see Blaziken back in action.

From what the area looked like, they're in that very luxurious hotel area just before Pastoria, right? As this episode is referring to restaurant situated right there too. And that's the same waiter that greets you too, just like the game right? I just want to be sure, since this is a very good game to show rendition.

Overall, I found it very entertaining that May gets so overly ticked off over food, I never really thought that was possible of her (though Pasta La Vista sort of told me otherwise... Would have been more memorable, but...). I also found it funny that Team Rocket not only stuffed themselves in front of May, but also stole the refrigerator and attempted to "guard" it!

I also noticed that May was a little dumbfounded by the fact that Team Rocket's motto went through a change... or is something else entirely? Then of course, she found it funny to see Buneary having a crush on Pikachu. Please, when we will see her reaction to Croagunk's Poison Jab on Brock? I absolutely gotta see the look on her face once this happens. Then again, considering how long this is going to be, there's going to be at least one instant where this could happen.

figured I'd also put the preview for the next episode, if anyone's interested.

After this is done, I'll be heading over to the Captions Thread to add another slew of captionable pics for the people there.

Aurevoir!

~C_L~

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I'm not sure, but it seemed to me that even Ash and Brock were a little surprised they defeated them so easily. So maybe they were just not that strong in comparison.
They were suprised, Brock said something along the lines of "that's it?" It's not hard to believe that the 2 filler characters were weak considering most tag battles in that resaturant in the game are filled with easy-to-beat trainers.

Geodude

- Did May make some kind of "reservation"? As it seems that she knows not only what the theme of this place is, but it seems the waiter knew that she'd reserved a seat there or something on that level. Help please.
Apparently she did.
I also noticed that May was a little dumbfounded by the fact that Team Rocket's motto went through a change...
That's right.

Cobalt_Latios

They were suprised, Brock said something along the lines of "that's it?" It's not hard to believe that the 2 filler characters were weak considering most tag battles in that resaturant in the game are filled with easy-to-beat trainers.
Wow, I was actually under the impression that the writers did that typical thing of "speeding things up" where they simply KO the opponents Pokémon in one hit to get to the more important battle. 'Coure, my lack on next to any Japanese comprehension doesn't help much either.

Apparently she did.

That's right.
Okay, so maybe some of my interpretations are improving. And in such short time to. Heh, well, then maybe I could have easily handled the Riolu episode. Oh well, I'll wait till its dubbed.

Though, I'll probably dl the rest of this arc.

~C_L~