• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Full Coverage of Leon's Special Training!! (1189)

STICKTOPIA

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kinda reminds me of SM020 that was also a commemorative episode. Just Ash and Leon chilling around with some conflicts added in

But considering the opening, I think more fillers should get really rare in this point.

The way Goh caught the pokemon today felt so bored, I wonder if this was intentional
Exactly my thoughts, this was structured similar to SM020 and thats why I loved this episode so damn much! They have really properly built up Ash vs Leon and Im so glad, Leon as Ash's final opponent this series is being written as well as Kukui was and I would be really satisfied if Leon is Ash's final opponent to become world champion, fits so well. Leon is one of my fav champions and this episode did him so well, with mentioning his PTSD to his depth and how he is!
Hop exists as well, I could see him showing up in the end for Ash vs Leon and I think he'll start his Journey/Gym challenge after witnessing their match, maybe shown in a scene in the ending similar to how we saw Hau taking on Nanu
Also the opening is so so so good man!! Paul has me so excited, as does Flint and how well DP and its storylines are respected in this season

Seeing Greninja in the OP makes me sad.
DP flashbacks was nice but wish we saw more of Flint vs Leon.
I liked Leon being insecure about himself because he is like "I'm unbeatable, now what?" I wonder what Ash will do when he becomes a Pokémon Master. I also think how Leon loves attention, Ash will hate it. Probably because he has a family.
Ash... you're a Pokémon Master, do you ever think there's more?
Ash: I've reached where I wanted to be, and I'm content with that. Although there's more challenges out there and so much of the world to explore, spending time with your family and Pokémon matters most. No matter how old you get, there's still a lot to learn!

Starswirl Pikachu

This episode could have been called "Hanging out with Leon". One could say that it speaks to the strength of the pokemon that Charizard could dive through the water and have no worries about its flame, I think that is kind of a pro moment. Not really the focus of the series but I also thought the background scenery seemed nice and detailed. Team Rocket must really be preoccupied to be slacking off so much.