• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness! (927)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ash is an exception. It's his team in their balls who are the killjoys.

Greninja is the badass ace mon like Sceptile who arent particularly comedic at all, Talonflame is the bird so it has not much personality, Noivern is kinda there but it has its affectionate/silly moments

Sorry I just dont see how this team personality as a whole is all that different tfrom what we go towards the end of AG/DP :/

still often managing to be badass, eg. Snivy), and TR didn't fall as much into fatigue by the end of the region since they weren't redundant and ridiculously out of their league. I kinda feel like Decolore Islands was just a call back to retro fans with the old formula again really, the arcs and darker stuff came earlier on, when Ash was still an underdog (which admittedly was an interesting twist).

lol there was dark stuff in BW outsider of a filller?

Last edited:

DatsRight

Well among the league finishing earlier than usual, TR being serious and having their organisation more relevant to the ongoing plot, and Team Plasma and N, even if that ended up being less than the sum of it's parts.

Talonflame is the bird so it has not much personality

Are you implying some species pattern there? XD

I feel like I may have derailed the topic a little however. Today's episode was about silly contraptions and the future of science.

phanpycross

God-king
Greninja is the badass ace mon like Sceptile who arent particularly comedic at all, Talonflame is the bird so it has not much personality, Noivern is kinda there but it has its affectionate/silly moments

Sorry I just dont see how this team personality as a whole is all that different tfrom what we go towards the end of AG/DP :/

Yup.

Scraggy and Krookodile.

Janovy

Banned
Anything involving feral legendaries. Outside of that...no. Just a lot of children bickering with each other.
Which was a lot more enjoyable than everyone always getting along.

DatsRight

Still we at least got a funny squabble this episode with Serena contradicting the complexity of scientific Rube Goldberg-esque tools. Clemont sounded incredibly outraged. XD

Crack the nut? With your HAND????

Seriously this whole episode had lots of funny stuff that could have saved previous fillers had they taken the same experiments in humour. Funny character moments and interactions, a unique location, TR bewildering the heroes with a unique, inventive but not well thought out plan instead of just going in with the same shtick over and over.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king

I think it comes down to Corphish/Gible being bigger personality-bombs than Ash's "comedic" kalos-mon, Hawlucha.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Yup.

Scraggy and Krookodile.

Well.... You're not wrong

I think it comes down to Corphish/Gible being bigger personality-bombs than Ash's "comedic" kalos-mon, Hawlucha.

I prefer Hawlucha to both of those Pokemon by a decent margin so I guess im not of the same mindset. You can have comedic mons and still have them be cool and strong, Pokemon like Krookodile and Hawlucha are good examples of that. Im also not sure when being comedic became the only major deciding factor of character enjoyment/quality.

still doesn’t make it dark :s

Last edited:

DatsRight

I prefer Hawlucha to both of those Pokemon by a decent margin so I guess im not of the same mindset. You can have comedic mons and still have them be cool and strong, Pokemon like Krookodile and Hawlucha are good examples of that. Im also not sure when being comedic became the only major deciding factor of character enjoyment/quality.

That's true, but neither is badassery and battling skill. The anime has always been about a mix of intense battle scenes and zany antics/character quirks.

I just wish there wasn't so often a strict margin of Pokemon who can be effective and serious and those that can be comical and take part in the laid back antics, so we have gangs of either unimportant comic relief or killjoy warriors who sparsely appear much but to battle and look cool. As you state you can have a mix, and they're usually the most fun.

Dax

Legend
I like how the writers stereotype the late stage evolutions as these people who should never be seen doing funny stuff anymore.

Ash's Greninja hasn't done a silly thing at all.

It happened in DP too. Remember how all of Ash's group, including the bird, used to hang around with the others, dance, do can can dances and participate in all the fun? Then they evolved and Torterra, Staraptor and Infernape lost every single bit of fun they had and became battle robots.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It happened in DP too. Remember how all of Ash's group, including the bird, used to hang around with the others, dance, do can can dances and participate in all the fun? Then they evolved and Torterra, Staraptor and Infernape lost every single bit of fun they had and became battle robots.

Unlike how the XY team has...probably just Hawlucha, good thing we had Buizel and the oddball Gliscor in the DP team.

Gliscor especially. He was technically just a bigger Gligar.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
WTF was this episode.

I enjoyed the cuts to Team Rocket going through the house though. Jessie and Meowth failing every obstacle was funny.

DotKU

Champion
You could tell the budget is obviously going to a better cause, but as a whole I enjoyed this episode more than I expected to. It was a nice change of pace and pretty lighthearted compared to everything else going on in the anime right now. I'm not sure this will be the last filler though, but here's hoping we don't get any during the league. And another thing to add, TR was pretty good here especially when the writers aren't just using them to fill in for time.

Torterraaaa

Jessie getting angry was funny, as it usually is. I swear, I know TR can be annoying with the repetitive plots, but Jessie and James themselves are still pure gold as characters. I enjoy almost any episode that involves them beyond just them digging holes/interrupting stuff.

The end credits were really cute, and I still love Pancham and Chespin. Plus Clemont taking the lead was nice, as others have said. Altogether a pretty good comedy filler episode. Much better than another character of the day episode; I don't know if I've enjoyed a cotd episode much since Brock almost married a Ninetails in Johto.

CelebiAS

Nothing happened at all. Not in the main plot, nor in the subplots, nor in character development (except for James? had they brought up that he was fond of technology/inventions before?)
But it was a nice, funny filler.
I liked Jessie's failures and Chespin-Pancham's fights (it was supposed to be Clemont's episode but it was Chespin's, close enough).
TR were so close but they can't have nice things, can they?.
I also liked that Clemont's wrapped it up with the TBC part.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
lmao I honestly found myself laughing every few minutes during this episode,
such a great break from all the intensity. not that we needed it, but they did it very well.
and clemonts ending? Love it! I actually really like when they show more part of him so much,
they just don't very often so I find myself forgetting how much I actually like it.

The part of Meowth going through the machine with his helmet on... oh god that made me laugh with his straight face and then at the end of course it doesnt work :p
i felt like a child again watching this episode for some reason when I wasn't even expecting anything that great :D

Soniman

Break the Limit

http://rs1015.pbsrc.com/albums/af278/Team-Heroes/Pokemon/12763321780039.jpg~c200

What a soulless, antifun robot

I swear this fandom sometimes, complain when Ash has a team of unevolved jokesters, complain when his team are "serious" fully evolved competent battlers, there's no winning

Unlike how the XY team has...probably just Hawlucha, good thing we had Buizel and the oddball Gliscor in the DP team.

????? You do realize Buizel was "serious no fun battle guy" since literally it's debut right? That's it's entire personality, I guess that somehow counts as comedic?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I swear this fandom sometimes, complain when Ash has a team of unevolved jokesters, complain when his team are "serious" fully evolved competent battlers, there's no winning?
Actually there is. It's called balance, something this show's writers are incapable of. You know, we either have super competent and serious Team Rocket or goofy, totally failing Team Rocket. No in-between.