1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Ghost Of A Chance! (183)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto League Champions' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

A Ghost of A Chance!

Finally in Ecruteak City, Ash & Co. enter the Burnt Tower to find that there are ghosts in there with them. It turns out the Ghosts are owned by Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader. However Togepi soon goes missing and its up to Ash & Co. to find it before Team Rocket find it

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

*makes horsie noises*

*___*

Well, the geography of stuff wasn't quite right from game to anime, (there is no tower RIGHT next to the gym) but once more with my obsessive eye, I still love this ep. Morty was REALLY snotty at Ash and everyone at first, ne? O___o; Just the way he said stuff.....

But still it's Morty. I love. :D

3. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I really liked Morty, he's been one of my favorite gym leaders (and his battle with Ash in the next episode remains my favorite gym battle). This episode was pretty interesting as we finally got to learn who the pokemon was that Ash saw in the first episode, Team Rocket was carrying Pikachu and Togepi in backpacks, Togepi was dancing on the two gastlys (LOL), and we got to see so many interesting ghost pokemon. I also liked the part when the salesman told James that he's just the guy he's looking for, and James says he's not looking for any man. ;)

4. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

i loved morty in this episode! his gengar was really strong! pretty good storyline and overll ad give it a 8.7/10

5. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

Yes, I liked that episode! It was spookey. Perfect for Halloween!

6. This episode's great! Morty and his gengar are pretty cool, the guy with the flame breath was pretty funny as well.I loved the story covering ho-oh, its one of my fave legedaries.

8/10 Very good ep

7. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

The only things I didn't like about the ep was Togepi holding Pikachu back and Team Rocket being cocky (as always) and running away with Pikachu & Togepi.

Vernikova likes this.
  8. This one wasn't too bad, at least the Shadow Ball animation was cool

9. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

An excellent episode and a very good introduction for Morty a favorite of mine. Liked the Itemfinder reference it's one of those rare occasions that they actually animate something from the game. Also liked seeing Genagar use Shadow Ball one of my top 10 favorite moves and it's animated so well. I had forgotten that this episode we actually learn the identity of the mystery Pokemon Ash saw when starting his journey, also a great story on the history of the Brass Tower which was obivously mislabeled the Tin Tower in the anime.

10. Joshehh

Joshehh Well-Known Member

A good episode, I liked the fire and stuff, although it was so not obvious it was an illusion x.x Although how did Noctowl tackle the gastly...?
    Morty was awesome, his attitude and mannerisms were really dynamic, and the ghost types just improved that. Plus, any episode focusing on legends and history is a plus in my book.

And Pikachu and togepi in backpacks = win

OH yeah, foresight makes physical attacks work... x.x

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  11. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

Morty is pretty cool but I didn't like this episode much. I don't like gym leader episodes unless they're going to battle them.

12. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

it was a decent episode if you ask me, it had some nice animations in it.

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

ahh Morty...he's a cute gymleader XD
    love to watch this

14. BogleDominic Crazy Anime

BogleDominic Crazy Anime I love Pokemon!

Morty's great.
    Ho-oh is the most usefull pokemon in johto when I played gold version. When I was young :)

15. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

This was a great introduction for Morty. It was great to see him command his ghost pokemon, and they seem to be very powerful. I'm glad we finally know what the pokemon Ash saw in the first episode is. I also liked the firebreathing salesman. Im glad they showed the itemfinder also.

16. GoodPokemonTrainer121

GoodPokemonTrainer121 Yeah man!! :)

MORTY!!! Dang he one of the tightest gym leaders!! I love how James find all those bottle caps with that treasure thing and they also found Pikachu and Togpei and I would freak out to if I was trapped in a old building while there was a fire.. I really enjoyed this episode so I will give it 10/10

17. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Morty's Gengar was strong, i loved it

And it was funny how Togepi lost...

6/10

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So cool that we finally arrived in Ecruteak City, the Historical captial of Johto and the Pokemon world. How Team Rocket could by an Itemfinder from a clown is beyond me. They rarely have any money :)

I liked that we got to see the Burnt Tower in the anime, it looked so much more inviting than it does in the games. The fire illusion produced by the Ghost Pokemon was a dirty trick, it reminds me of the illusions they caused in the Hoot-hoot episode.

Glad Morty came to intervene and to explain about the tower. He was surprised that Ash saw Ho-Oh once, which was cool. 7/10

19. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... It was great seeing how Foresight works in the anime for the 1st time. The Fire illusion was really cool to see. Morty's Gengar is really strong! My favorite of the Kanto Region Ghost types. The Itemfinder was used in a funny way in this episode. James only got bottlecaps.

50/100

20. hever

hever 022611229PM

Don't really care for this episode. I found it to be boring. I like seeing James occupied with treasure hunting though. And the fire-breather fat guy was a nice addition as we are familiar with him in the games. Ghastlys have annoying voices.

7/10