• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Ghost Of A Chance! (183)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Actually I don't think Eusine even existed at this point in the Gen 2 era cuz Crystal hadn't been released yet hee hee. Tho we did eventually get to see Eusine in Ecruteak city when Ash and his group went back after Olivine city. ^^

Oh duh lol, I forgot that this episode aired before we even had Crystal version. Well we still should've seen the G/S/C rival here at least.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Oh duh lol, I forgot that this episode aired before we even had Crystal version. Well we still should've seen the G/S/C rival here at least.

Silver not showing up in the Burned Tower here was understandable from my perspective since he wasn't Ash's Johto saga rival. I was honestly fine with Morty being the only major character from Ecruteak city who made an appearance here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Silver not showing up in the Burned Tower here was understandable from my perspective since he wasn't Ash's Johto saga rival. I was honestly fine with Morty being the only major character from Ecruteak city who made an appearance here.

Eh, I just thought that given Ecruteak's significance, more would have happened here. Instead we just got Ho-Oh info and hype, which felt sparse.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Eh, I just thought that given Ecruteak's significance, more would have happened here. Instead we just got Ho-Oh info and hype, which felt sparse.

This episode was like a typical pre-gym battle episode, so I can see why we didn't get too much action here and mainly saw Ash's group meet Morty. Togepi ending up becoming lost for the dozenth time was a bit frustrating to me however. ^^;

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Liked learning a bit about Ho-Oh and the twin towers. Morty and his ghost Pokémon were great, showing off their moves (especially for Gengar) and helps Ash know what to expect for his gym match against Morty. James finding treasure was funny, but they should consider themselves lucky for getting Pikachu and Togepi, but too bad for them to blast off empty-handed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fine episode. Liked learning a bit about Ho-Oh and the twin towers.

Speaking of which, given the subject about Enju City's destroyed Metal Tower in this episode, I'm mildly surprised that this episode wasn't banned in the United States around the time that the September 11 attacks happened.

Ecruteak City looked almost exactly the same way as in the games complete with the Burned Tower which I really liked since we got to learn more about Ho-oh when Ash and friends visited it. I was expecting to see Eusine when Morty showed up but I guess it wasn't his time to show up yet. The fact that we got an Itemfinder reference here was cool although it took me two viewings to figure out what it was.

Along with Ho-Oh they should have mentioned the Legendary Beasts myth as well.
Noctowl hitting Gastly with a Normal type move ffs

Last edited: