• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Glimpse into the Eclipse {Sun & Moon Pokébank OU RMT}

Noheart

The Abysswalker
A Glimpse into the Eclipse {Sun & Moon Pokébank OU RMT}

Hi Serebii! Formerly my username was Piekid11, and I was also referred to as "PK". I've decided to delve into competitive battling upon the release of Pokémon: Diamond/Pearl when I learned of the WiFi connectivity feature. I've battled hundreds of people over the years, and was in a clan guild known as the Storm Kings. I've returned in hopes I can get back into the swing of things (this time as a 20 year old!), and was hoping I would be able to get to know some of the new crowd here at SPPf as well as ask for some assistance with team building!

:club:

720-u.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Magician | Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
1. Destiny Bond
2. Zen Headbutt
3. Gunk Shot
4. Hyperspace Fury

Hoopa-U has freed itself of the almighty Smogon Banhammer with the emergence of Pokémon Sun & Moon, and I intend to take full advantage of it. As we all know, Hoopa-U's defenses are all but mediocre, and its speed is dreadfully average. What do we do to dreadfully average base speed stats? You throw a goddamn Choice Scarf on it, that's what.​

• I've found that Destiny Bond can revenge kill almost just as much as Hyperspace Fury, which gets rid of a lot of offensive threats that Hyperspace Fury doesn't quite OHKO.

• Zen Headbutt with 252 EVs in Attack as well as a Psychic STAB and a base 160 Attack Stat dents just about anything that isn't a Dark-type, with a nifty Choice Scarf niche in a 20% flinch rate.

• Gunk Shot is like an anti-tank rifle to the ever prevalent Fairy-type Pokémon (excluding Mawile, Klefki, and Magearna) as well as a lot of Grass types. A 30% chance to poison with each shot isn't half bad, either. If I didn't get so upset at missed attacks, I'd say it was worth the 80% accuracy that levels the playing field for Gunk Shot's 120 Base Power.

• Finally, we have what I believe to be Hoopa-U's best move: Hyperspace Fury. It is arguably one of the best moves to have on a choiced set thanks to its ability to break through Protect, Detect, Baneful Bunker, Spiky Shield, and most notably King's Shield. STAB, 100 Base Power, and an inability to miss makes it easy to disregard the drop in Defense with each use; especially while holding a choice item!

718.png

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Aura Break | Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
1. Coil
2. Thousand Arrows
3. Outrage
4. Iron Tail/Rest

You know how some used to call Zygarde an inferior Garchomp? Well, now it's a power ranger. And it still massacres just about whatever it can set up on, even when Power Construct is smogon-banned!​

• Coil is without a doubt one of my favorite set-up moves. It grants many Pokémon of both under and overwhelming presences the power to become a very dangerous threat to any team that is not prepared, and the already mighty Zygarde uses it to transform into a massive steamroller.

• Thousand Arrows hits Flying types as well as Pokémon with Levitate, which is enough to put it on almost any Zygarde set. It gives up 10% of the power Earthquake has, but Earthquake can't hit Charizard-Y, Crobat, Skarmory, Thundurus, Talonflame, Minior, and Celesteela for super effective damage! :p

• Outrage is an attempt at a rather straightforward, yet still incredibly dangerous sweep with the assistance of a Lum Berry (given it hadn't safegarded Zygarde from something like Will-o-Wisp already). 120 Base Power, STAB, and mass faintage follows.

• Iron Tail is a prime move for type coverage as well as taking advantage of Coil's accuracy boost. In contention with Rest in order to provide Zygarde with a semi-reliable recovery option.

681.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change | Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
1. Shadow Ball
2. Toxic
3. Substitute
4. King's Shield

Also reemerging from the ORAS/XY Banlist is Aegislash, and it's ready to kick some... ash. What better way to do that than with a SubToxic stall set? ...that is the question.​

• Shadow Ball gets propelled by a 150 Base Special Attack stat as well as STAB by an offensive Aegislash. The 20% chance to lower the target's Special Defense stat is nice, too. Ghost coverage in general seems to be very useful within this brand new metagame as well.

• Toxic is, as its name suggests, the center around SubToxic sets! Unlike the Burn status, Toxic did not get nerfed and still corrodes its helpless victims to a slow and painful... faint.

• Substitute is also a core part of SubToxic sets (go figure)! Whilst in Shield Forme, an Aegislash's Substitute becomes quite tanky with this EV distribution, and can quickly become a powerful tool to stall opponents to a frustrating loss.

• King's Shield is one of the more overpowered moves in Pokémon, in my opinion. Dropping any physical attacker's Attack stat twice as well as avoiding damage altogether is pretty damn rad - especially when it helps another turn go by. ;)

169.png

Brobat @ Choice Band
Infiltrator | Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
1. Brave Bird
2. U-turn
3. Cross Poison
4. Pursuit

When Crobat was gifted Infiltrator by the Game Freak gods, it instantly became one of the deadliest Choice Band users. With a fast base 130 Speed stat and access to powerful physical moves like STAB-boosted Brave Bird and Cross Poison as well as resourceful moves such as U-turn and Pursuit, Crobat definitely is going to make a comeback in usage. Someday.​

• Brave Bird boosted by Brobat being banded bests basic brittle Brokémon. I like alliteration, as well as moves with 120 Base Power. The recoil is worth it, and you feel it with every Pokémon you KO that's behind a Substitute!

• U-Turn provides the team with invaluable scouting opportunities and gives me, the trainer, the golden chances to analyze my opponent's moves and their Pokémon. This is a truly pivotal move in a contest for victory.

• Cross Poison is mainly for STAB and catching unsuspecting bulky Fairies off-guard. Having a high critical hit ratio as well as a 10% chance to poison gives the move that little extra dash of usefulness that convinced me that it deserved a slot.

• Pursuit is so very useful and fun when it nabs those important KOs. A choice banded powered Crobat in pursuit is a very deadly one, indeed. The extra coverage is nice, too.

9-m.png

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Torrent/Mega Launcher | Modest
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
1. Rapid Spin
2. Water Pulse
3. Flash Cannon
4. Aura Sphere

A nice and powerful reminder to the Alolans who the OGs are. I felt as though I needed a bulky water type as well as a Pokémon that can get rid of entry hazards, and voila. Blastoise makes me mois...t.​

• Rapid Spin is pretty friggin' important when you wanna get rid of opposing entry hazards like Stealth Rock. Another useful pro I can add to Rapid Spin is that it's an attack - albeit a very weak one, but an attack that still breaks sashes and Sturdy! This is a very useful technique that easily disposes of fast support Pokémon that tend to throw on a Focus Sash while they set up Spikes or whatever.

• I chose Water Pulse over Scald because I hate Scald and its very existence as a move, as well as Water Pulse getting boosted by Mega Launcher (which makes Water Pulse's normal 60 Base Power a solid 90) and having a more useful secondary effect in a 20% confusion rate. I also find it ideal to leave status open for Aegislash to Toxic stall the opposition to death.

• Ice Beam is there for coverage's sake as well as an answer to some of my team's draconic threats. A Base Power of 90 coupled with a 10% chance to freeze a b*tch... you just can't go wrong with that.

• Aura Sphere gets a lovely 1.5* boost by Mega Launcher as well, giving it's normal Base Power of 80 a generous promotion to 120. It provides excellent coverage, as well as a move that never misses!

547.png

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster | Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
1. Leech Seed
2. Substitute
3. Encore
4. Giga Drain

Satan cometh in the forme of fluffy adorableness. This thing has won so many of my Pokébank OU battles for me and has proven itself to be a truly invaluable asset to the team.

• A speedy, Prankster-launched Leech Seed can be quite the powerful weapon. It gives Whimsicott invaluable synergy with Substitute and Leftovers, and can give it the potential to be nigh-unfaintable.

• Substitute is something else entirely when used with conjunction with Prankster. It becomes a status protection as well as a Protect-esque move (for the cost of a quarter of a Pokémon's HP, of course), and a damn good one at that. With stall, Substitute also becomes a deadly weapon of attrition.

• Encore. Do you want more? I tend to U-Turn to Whimsicott quite a lot, since it tends to be forced to Encore opposing Pokémon that find it appropriate to attempt to set up stat boosts. Extremely useful with Prankster.

• Giga Drain is to offer Whimsicott even more recovery as well as being its only attack move, so it's not completely helpless when hit with a Taunt. The STAB is nice, too.

Last edited: