• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Global Warming Thread

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Man cannot change the climate. Global warming or climate change is politics,not science. The govts of the world are just using this theory as an excuse to impose more laws that violate our God given rights, especially property rights. Environmental regulations do nothing but increase the cost of everything from food to transportation to electricity. Environmental regulations cause poverty and make life harder for people.

http://i.imgur.com/Tl9g2JX.jpg

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Man cannot change the climate. Global warming or climate change is politics,not science. The govts of the world are just using this theory as an excuse to impose more laws that violate our God given rights, especially property rights. Environmental regulations do nothing but increase the cost of everything from food to transportation to electricity. Environmental regulations cause poverty and make life harder for people.

As a Catholic scientist, I disagree. Carbon dioxide retains more heat than oxygen. We have less plants than we had a thousand years ago and thus less oxygen.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp....aling-scientists-say?client=ms-android-xiaomi

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I'm going to 1-up everybody's response.

Just one of the many you can find on this topic.

The guy is banned, but let me give out this point.

1. We already transformed 50% of the biosphere. How many roads were in the Jurassic period.
2. Bio-fuels exist, but we haven't gotten to the proper initiative.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
What I find odd is the misconceptions on climate change. Motor vehicles like cars are responsible for more than half of the world's carbon emissions, and while I do not support the creation of any coal or oil plants (I'm an advocate of nuclear power over all else), I find it odd that factories are more under fire than car makers.

What the world needs is an efficient, clean method of transport. Global carbon emissions there will fall by more than 50%. Sadly, the world runs on profit, not altruism, utilitarianism, or my ideals. This issue has been denied for decades, and either the uneducated or the dishonest have much to gain from pushing back green energy further.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What I find odd is the misconceptions on climate change. Motor vehicles like cars are responsible for more than half of the world's carbon emissions, and while I do not support the creation of any coal or oil plants (I'm an advocate of nuclear power over all else), I find it odd that factories are more under fire than car makers.

What the world needs is an efficient, clean method of transport. Global carbon emissions there will fall by more than 50%. Sadly, the world runs on profit, not altruism, utilitarianism, or my ideals. This issue has been denied for decades, and either the uneducated or the dishonest have much to gain from pushing back green energy further.
I'm not saying anything you say is wrong per se, except that I think lobbying politicians and bias-skew scientists* are the most to blame.

Ecology follows limitations like economy, but our economy doesn't incentivize making global friendly decisions.

The US has more to contribute than other countries, but we are talking about a country that doesn't hold evolution as a "belief" too well.

The government unfortunately has a Donning-Kruger on these matters. Essentially, they believe they are the experts because they know they can create the most impact.

I really appreciated Obama saying that though he wasn't a scientist, he would listen to facts. I don't see that if Palin might be Secretary of the Interior.

*Scientists can be misleading; see Dr. Oz and the autism vaccine data fudge.