• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Goldenrod Opportunity! (160)

LOL! The best parts was when James didn't know what "free" was, and when Brock banged his head on the wall on purpose, LOLLOL

Battra

Very good episode lots of action and funny moments. Whitney is one of my favorite gym leaders and this episode demonstrates why. I loved the part where Brock smashed his head into the wall in order to get a kiss from Whitney and then Pikachu chasing after TR by walking next to hem was hilarious. Ash was doing well in his gym battle until Miltank came out then he just got pwned by Miltank's rollout, all inn all a very good battle only problem I have is I would've liked to seen Clefairy battle some more.

Leona

YOU JELLY?
I like how it relates to it by Miltank knowing Rollout at a low level, when Whitney probably used a TM on it *shrugs* because iirc there was a Rollout TM

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Whitney kinda confuses me because although Miltank is a really good Pokemon, her other Pokemon are kinda weak and the anime weakens the idea of Gym Leaders cause Gym Leaders are supposed to be really strong, according to Greta their stronger than Frontier Brains and yet whenever they appear they look kinda weak, with Miltank, Whitney is one of the strongest ones that I've seen but with Clefairy and Nidorina seems kinda weak, but she is one of the strongest I think

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
yeah ash lost this battle good thanks to that overpowered miltank, if it was a game then i eould wonder what its stats are.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I liked this episode ^_^ Whitney's such a klutz, but she's still a nice girl. I remember battling her in GSC, I got flattened by Rollout :x Nice to see her living up to her reputation from the games! ^^

Raikipper

BSB Lover
I too was rather bugged by Whitney's usage of a Nidorina rather than a third normal type, since Normals, in my opinion, are among the coolest and most underrated of Pokemon types, and when Whitney annouced that it would be a 3 on 3 battle, I remember getting all excited over which kind of normal-type pokemon her extra battler was going to be. When she tossed her first pokeball and a Nidorina popped out, I thought that it was SO anti-climax. I take Gryphon's point that it was probably intended to fit in more with Whitney's female theme than it was her preference for Normal types, but still...as an element type, Normal always got so little attention...not even their greatest representative (at the time, anyhow) was allowed to remain entirely true to them.

Personally, I'm happy that Whitney beat Ash in this one. It gave his Johto battling pattern a bit more variation if, every now and then, he got creamed upon his first attempt. Nonetheless, I would have liked to have seen Clefairy to kick a little butt before going down (even if it would have undermined Miltank's exceptional battling power somewhat), since we very rarely got to see her kind in proper combat. Granted, she got unlucky with that metronome thing, but the fact that she couldn't handle any of Cyndi's opposing attacks at all, and just wussed out and fled before things got gritty, seemed just a little too much on the pathetic side to me.

Last edited:

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
This was a pretty good episode to kick off a new season. I liked how clueless Whitney was in trying to guide Ash, Misty, and Brock around the city. I also thought it was funny how Brock hit himself on the head to get a kiss from Whitney. I also laughed at how James didn't understand the concept of "free sample." I thought the gym battle was okay. First off I am glad Ash lost because i thought that he got kind of lucky beating Falkner and Bugsy. I never understood why Whitney used Nidorina, but oh well. And Clefairy was pretty weak. I think Whitney should just have a 1vs1 match using her Miltank. Miltank was really powerful. I remember in the game I struggled with it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Whitney had a pretty decent opener and it was nice to see Ash lose what turned out to be his only Johto Gym loss.

Too bad the rematch in the next episode is god awful and made virtually no sense.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Whitney had a pretty decent opener and it was nice to see Ash lose what turned out to be his only Johto Gym loss.

Too bad the rematch in the next episode is god awful and made virtually no sense.

I loved Whitney's gym and I would have loved it if Ash had won in the actual gym rather outside in the country. What was disappointing was that at the beginning of the episode, it took a while for Ash to find Whitney. That kinda bored me, as I was expecting her to be in her gym so Ash could challenge her right away. Nonetheless, it was a good episode, and finally we got some Totodile action.

Haha my favorite gym leader is Whitney she not very serious like other gym leaders and I can really compare with her because I suck with direction but ash really did got pwned

NES

Flip me to the side!
Very fun episode, i didn't remember the Rockets hop in the magnet train. And the guy that says something like it will be finished next year (will we ever see it in the future?).

Whitney was alright! I kind of like her this time, she's so clueless about where she is though. It was a fun moment i guess.

Good battle against her, one of the few with Cyndaquil rocking, i liked it this time around after all these years lol.