• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A good water type

XSilverStarboyX

My friends and I are doing a challenge with Fire Red and Leaf Green. We each pick a starter and battle eachother after each gym. Anyway, I picked Charmander, and I need to know which water type I should use. I would use Gyrados but I am almost sure the other 2 of my friends will be using him. To avoid being redundant, I thought maybe Vaporeon, Kingler, or Starmie(Even though I cant get him in my game). So which do you all think would be best;152;?

PkmnTrainerJ

I'd say get a Staryu if you can, if not try Kingler as then you can have the OHKO move.

Vaporeon is great, as is Starmie (with Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Surf) or something like that. I've never used Kingler though...

Vaporeon if you want a wall, Starmie if you want a sweeper.

flax

Im a Ninja IRL
like the person above me said: vapareon and staryu are the best. staryu is a good special sweeper (psychic, thunderbolt, ice beam, surf)

Champion Jared 14

I would get a seadra so you can evolve it into a kingdra after you get the national dex. If not then, just get lapras, or gyarados, or seaking!

skarmory227

<:(00){ <--fish!
If you can, tentacruel w/ mirror coat is evil. It combats its only weaknesses. You should consider lapras also.

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Vaporeon is great, as is Starmie (with Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Surf) or something like that. I've never used Kingler though...

Vaporeon if you want a wall, Starmie if you want a sweeper.

Vaporeon isn't a wall. Good SPA, more like a SPA tank. Go with Vaporeon if you need a sustainer with pretty good Offense, or try Lapras.
And Skarmory, ahem EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buh-Bye Tentacruel. =).

torchic_lover

go for seaking

golduck#1

i like starmie and golduck. starmie has amazing speed and it is a beast. but golduck is a good uber

Connor69

Get Vaporeon or Golduck, both are really good water. OR just start with squirtle.

Angeling

true love
Get Vaporeon or Golduck, both are really good water. OR just start with squirtle.
The thread owner said they chose Charmander.

As the others said, I'd probably recommend Vaporeon, Lapras or Starmie as a good water type. It depends on what you want to use it for, and the rest of your team.

AMS1235

Lapras is a good choice. It can learn electric attacks and ice attacks

You can try Starmie too since it can learn the same types of moves

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Yes Vaporeon has excellent health, but look at Shuckle. Everyone considers it to be a wall because of its defenses not its health. Just because it has good health doesnt make it a wall.

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
i'd go for starmie. it's become a favourite of mine since i recently got 1 in my team. psychic/thunderbolt/surf/ice beam is a nice moveset as it covers a lot of types. if you're sure your friends will pick gyarados, then ice beam/thunderbolt takes care of him; while thunderbolt will take care of squirtle, and ice beam again for bulbasaur (although your charmander takes care of him anyway). but it's really up to you and what you want to use it for.