• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

wind21

I have to say something about this episode.

It is absolutely beautiful and so touching; it makes your heart ache. I'm not sure if it's the best contest match I've ever seen, but it keeps you so emotionally involved. Poor Dawn. She fell behind at the beginning of the match, and that's why she lost. After the bad start, the battle was pretty much even, and so that meant Dawn had to lose by a little at the end. Zoey out-thought Dawn on the defensive end, and managed to "capture" Dawn's attacks a few times and use them for appeal purposes. But Dawn really did what she could, and I have to say Togekiss is the perfect fit for her. Just wasn't enough today.

This episode will not be as good when dubbed since Hikari's theme won't play in the ending.

If this is the last contest we see, or the last contest for Dawn, it was a fitting and deserved tribute to her.

Good battle, but Naoshi v. Nozomi was a much better battle for sure. The writers and animators disappointed a bit in this battle.

Anyways, the better coordinator won, that's for sure. Nozomi seemed to be a lot better for most of the battle, and it seemed to me that Togekiss was the main reason why it was that close. Good thing they didn't let Hikari win by using Togekiss, I felt that it wouldn't be fair for her to win like that. But in the end, if you looked at Hikari's face at the end of the episode, you would've thought she won. No depression like what happened to Haruka after losing to Saori.

Speaking of Haruka, I'm somewhat surprised she didn't get a cameo. After all, she faced both of them in the Mikuri Cup, I figured that would be enough to warrant a cameo.

Oh well, now the focus mainly shifts to Satoshi for the remainder of DP, two weeks until the Gym battle with Denzi!

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
Incredible battle. But what attack uses Gallade (the one in which it formes a Tornado) ?

Kuno-121

Well It is abit Sad that Dawn Lost But Oh well You cant Win them All , She got to the finals in her First Grand Festival and That is a very good achievement So She Should Feel Proud ,

Zoey Is a very good and skilled Contestant so she Had a Fight on her hands for sure ,

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Boy that was a terrific battle best contest i have ever seen.Hats off to Zoey for winning the grand festival but a fantastic achievement for Dawn for getting to the finals.I honestly did not think she was gonna go so far.....

BlueDragonfangirl

Its ok Dawn lost, least she had a happy spirit about the whole thing.
I liked the animation and music here.
I also loved all the little cameo's in it, wonder if will get the same for the league?
It was a great battle between Zoey and Dawn, its just that Zoey had another year over Dawn so it makes sense I guess.
Question now, will contests make it next region? Jessie gave up contests so what does that mean? YAY Now more Ash ^^

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Random Gym Leader Fact #1:
Candice made a cameo. CANDICE. I <3 her. I didn't care what else happened in the episode. There was a big battle? Huh, must have missed it.

Random Gym Leader Fact #2:
This was Fantina's 7th episode, making her officially surpass Roark as the gym leader with the most speaking appearances, excluding Brock & Misty obviously. EDIT: Oh, and Giovanni too.

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
So. Zoey wins the Grand Festival. Too bad Dawn lost though, but she did put up a great fight and almost have her. I'm glad that Dawn didn't cry and was happy for her friend and rival Zoey victory.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I guess Dawn's day's of crying are over, Lol she's more mature then May (I'm going to get killed for saying that) anyway the battle was pretty good, shame Dawn never beat Zoey and who knows if we'll even see Zoey again. Something tells me the writers want to get rid of Dawn's rivals as soon as possible. So Zoey is the contest prodigy instead of Nando, we knew someone was going to be. I do like the end with Dawn's Pokemon all appearing, so much better then Kanto's sad and depressing ending. I don't know if this is the end of contest or not but if it is no female character ever won A Grand Festival on screen.

Everyone is talking about how she won. And tell me, exactly how are you seeing this episode...?

Last edited:

HoennMaster

I wouldn't mind Dawn losing if it hadn't been so built up that she had a good change of winning. At least it came down to a very close call though. Gallade and Togekiss were great in the battle, loved them.

I can't believe Jessie actually decided to give up on contests......foreshadowing?

Dawn deserved a loss cause she was winning for a long time.

That is not a good reason for a loss. Winning a lot doesn't mean you need to lose.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I thought the episode was pretty damn good i must say the battle was awsome the ending was good and as expected nd also it was a pretty damn good end to all things contest in Sinnoh

We seen all of Dawns former rivals and friends except May who wasn't really a rival got a cameo of Kenny and IMO the only bad thing was not seeing Ambipom in some way

Jessilina is officially dead which is sad but at the same time necessary and i'm glad they showed it (she isn't actually dead now :p)

The final moments of the battle just as the peck/sky attack combination was being used the tension was unbearable as you couldn't decide who was going to win

Some people are saying that the battle wasn't as good as the Nando vs Zoey one and i see where you're coming from but you must understand this.....

Nando and Zoey are true performers who love and prob much prefer the whittling down of points by showing off some of their moves and pokemon by just showing off moves and avoiding attacks and hitting them to make them sparkle and the like and are more so that orientated in contests than battling but Dawn however is more for the actual battle side of things and seems to go for the proper battle approach but don't get me wrong she is perfectly capable of showing off the moves and dodging the attacks in a magnificent way just prefers to have a traditional battle with minimal theatrics

uber gon

Accept Change

Sparkleo

Low on power...
I don't know which was a worse feeling, losing an appeal round (Kenny; three episodes ago) or being SO close to win the finals and lost by a few points (Dawn; in this episode).

Dawn did a fantastic job getting this far, and hope she do well in future contests. Congrats to Zoey being Top Coordinator.

I'm surprised Dawn's mom came by so quickly. Wasn't she just watching her daughter on TV last episode?

It was also awesome finally seeing Gallade in the series after its brief appearance in the Darkrai movie.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Well, it is kind of a downer that Dawn lost but there's always next time and everything,

BlueVapor

I'm pretty upset that Dawn lost, as I thought all of her losses to Zoey would foreshadow her win against her here. Kind of a disappointment, but still a great epi.

And, Jessie quit contests... Take that as you will.

Ariketh

龍奥杰
I can't believe Jessie actually decided to give up on contests......
I am happy. I am hoping for no more contests. In regards to whether or not it is foreshadowing, I half hope so. On the one hand, I wouldn't shed a tear over Jessie or maybe even Meowth leaving probably, but I really like James.

I wish Dawn had won. I'd rather see more episodes revolving around Brock than anything else involving Dawn. Not because I hate Dawn - I like her just fine, to a point - it's because I simply want to see more Brock. Plus, I dislike the contests. I know he won't (he might not even be in it), but I hope Brock has a bigger role in Black/White. I am also hoping that Misty and May show up for Ash's league battles.

Araleon

Chill
I can't say I'm surprised that Zoey won. She's always been portrayed as the better Coordinator. I'm just happy Dawn made it to the finals.

I think if Dawn had raised Togekiss herself and was more familiar with it she would have faired better. She had never used Togekiss in a Contest before.

...Jessie gave up Coordinating? Legit?

STICKTOPIA

Wow Dawn was so close to winning.... Well she did great for her 1st GF.

Wtf! Why didn't Ash do more Draco Meteor training?????? It's supposed to master that move already!