• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

Top notch episode, even though the battle was so-so and not as epic as I would've expected. However, it was very amusing how a simple Peck attack combined with a Sky Attack created RED LASORZ OF DOOM. Also, curse that music editor, had me fooled when Hikari's theme started playing... I was absolutely certain Hikari was gonna pull it off by then, so I was in for quite a shock.

Well, screw the battle, the highlight was easily the way Hikari reacted to the loss. Great display of good character development right there. Just need subtitles now to increase the awesomeness of this episode even further. ^^

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Wow Dawn was so close to winning.... Well she did great for her 1st GF.

Wtf! Why didn't Ash do more Draco Meteor training?????? It's supposed to master that move already!

Apparantly he cares for Dawn more than he does for May so he likes to sit through her contests.
I'm glad he didn't steal any focus from her. And I'm really glad Team Rocket didn't interupt too.

zeno48

Zaker!
I saw the battle but i don't understand why Zoey didn't lose points when gallade got hurt because of the lightning (when it was standing on glameow's tail). Other than that a fantastic battle and a very good closure for this Gf. One of the best imo and certainly well played from start to finish. I just hope we get an idea of what Dawn will do now that she is officially done. I'm glad she didn't cry which i could have understood if she did. She was happy for Zoey and i can see that eventually Dawn will beet her. It just wasn't meant to be now.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the writers pretty much wrote themselves into another corner with this battle because if Dawn had won thier would've been complaining about how she used Togekiss to do it.

zeno48

Zaker!
the writers pretty much wrote themselves into another corner with this battle because if Dawn had won thier would've been complaining about how she used Togekiss to do it.
So? does that mean we care if they complain about it. I mean i guess it was a last minute thing but that's what the writers decided to do. I think it's amazing how togekiss didn't pull a charizard despite belonging to another trainer and lord knows what the complaints would have been their. She gave it her all and just because she was given a pokemon doesn't mean anything. If she didn't learn how to use it or connect with it, then there would be no point and the short amount of time they gave togekiss i was surprised how quickly Dawn was able to get it to work with her.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I gotta say, this was a really amazing battle that even rivals last episode's battle as the best in the Grand Festival, but is easily the best battle that we've seen from Dawn and if it's her last contest battle we see, I'm glad that they gave her such a great send off. It really did show how far she's come in her travels across Sinnoh with Ash and Brock. The battle really showed both giving it their all from start to finish, even with the return of Dawn's spin dodge that we haven't seen her use in quite a while.

And speaking of a finish, that one really came right down to the wire. It was great seeing the final attack from both Dawn and Zoey with Dawn's Sky Attack powered peck and Zoey's Thunderbolt powered Psyco Cut into a Magical Leaf.

I don't really see what Jessie was getting so upset about in the end. I mean sure Dawn lost to Zoey, but it was an amazingly close battle, especially for Dawn to have been behind for most of the battle and Jessie had come in the top 4 in Sinnoh Grand Festival. I don't think anyone can think of the last time TR and top of anything could be used in the same sentence without the word not. As far as I see it, she has no reason to be upset about anything.

But all and all, this was the greatest ending to a Grand Festival yet and as for either a main character or their region rival winning the entire competition I have this to say: It's about time.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm just saying thier would've been complaining regardless of the contest's outcome, and the worst thing of all is Cyber hasn't even posted yet...

J-boogie200

This episode rocked so hard!!! I loved it, even though it was pretty sad to see Dawn lose, I am happy for Zoey, and what took place at the end of the episode. I love how Dawn said she wouldn't give up, and threw all of her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, it reminded me of the time that she told her Pokemon that she was going to be ok in the episode they met Wallace.

With Zoey being my favorite rival of all time, I can't help but be happy for her. If she was a straight up *****, I might have been bitter, but Zoey is a good person, and worked hard for her win, as well as Dawn.

The battle was pretty close, too. Such a shame if Jessie does quit contests. I'm really stoked for how the rest of Sinnoh, will really play out. I love Dawn very much, and I would love for her to stay, but even if she were to leave, I'd still be happy, because I know someday, she is achieveing her dream.

I still want the writers to show us May's Grand Festival somehow, or at least a glimpse, especially if contests do leave. I love how Johanna came and showed up, and still cheered on her daughter.

Johanna haters can step. Fantina was such an awesome judge this Grand Festival, and I am so happy, she was here.

I loved this episode, while I wanted Dawn to win, I will always love Dawn and Zoey as well.

Loved the cameos, and Ursula still being there, and at least we get to see Kenny soon. It's not like Dawn didn't give it her best anyway.

I loved this episode, because it shows that hard work will pay off no matter what. You don't need a Grand Festival title to tell you that.

I don't have sour grapes, this was an excellent episode! One of my favorites. I hope we see Zoey and Ursula again, though.

I also hope Ash wins the League, props to him for never losing faith in Dawn when she was battling Zoey.

Overall 10/10!!! I'm stoked for the League, too bad I'll have to wait til the end of summer, since I'm going away.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I didn't want Zoey and Dawn to the finals but during this episode I was rooting for Zoey believe it or not.

The thing that makes me sad is that apparently, Jessie gave up on contests. I don't want her to do that.... poo!

Thriller

Its almost time
I'm actually kinda glad Nozomi wins. Now she has a reason to retire and leave all her competitors alone, and never give them such hideous advice ever (you guys know what I'm talking about).

I'm hearing rumors about Jessie hanging up the Miss Mushashi costume, any truth to these? Guess it means there will be no more contests ever.

Animefan145

Great episode, it was awesome seeing Dawn make it to the finals. Sad that she lost, but at least it was a close battle that lasted most of the episode. Its nice to see a main character actually fight in the finals for once. And they had at least several cameos (even if it was just for a second) in this episode, with the Princess, Lila, Kenny, Ursula, Candice and Fantina and Nando all appearing, I think, so glad they all were watching the GF finals. Not to mention Dawn's mom flying in for the occasion.

Looked like Zoey had the upper hand for most of the battle, but Dawn put up a terrific fight, and nice to see her Togekiss in battle, that flying type really changed her strategy for the final battle. Although kind of glad her brand new Togekiss wasn't the one that allowed Dawn to win her GF, but at least Piplup was there, and used Hydro Pump (after they showed it learning it a while ago). And glad to see Dawn wasn't depressed or anything after her loss and had just moved on, she even returned her mother's ribbon, the question is what Dawn's going to do next, after she's done cheering for Ash. I do wonder about contests next generation though after Jessie seems to have given up on them (at least she made it pretty far herself too).

Now its on to Ash's eighth Gym battle, finally. Too bad its not next week, but they probably need a break between big events like the GF and Ash's final gym battle. I'm just glad Dawn's finale was pretty good, just hope Ash's finale is just as good.

terminoob

The Underdog
Wow Dawn was so close to winning.... Well she did great for her 1st GF.

Wtf! Why didn't Ash do more Draco Meteor training?????? It's supposed to master that move already!

They're saving it for him to master in the battle against Nando's Altaria in the league where he's on the brink of fainting but comes back and wins the battle for Ash with a perfect Draco Meteor.

/somewhat kidding

On-topic; I was glad Zoey won, now Gallade's anime appearance is memorable instead of him appearing in the episode he lost in >.> I'm psyched that contests have hopefully wrapped up; it's not that I dislike them, I just... yeah, I dislike them.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I just saw the episode and I must say it was spectacular. I really didn't care too much about who won (Although I was rooting for Dawn). I just wanted a great battle and I got it. The crimson attack was simply brilliant. I'm not much of a Contest fan but I do love the cool attack combos they come up with. I have no complaints. 10/10

i'm just saying thier would've been complaining regardless of the contest's outcome,
Yeah this fandom is never pleased at all. If she won they would've said it was a complete DEM because of Togekiss.

and the worst thing of all is Cyber hasn't even posted yet...
I lol'ed for a good 2 minutes because of that right there.

thunderblade12

Not a shame. Zoey deserved it. She was always better. Dawn deserved a loss cause she was winning for a long time.

So I guess Ash should have lost to Gary then and May should have lost to Drew then, huh? Oh what's that? You don't have a biased grudge against them? Okay, move along then.

We are going to see people whining like:
Zoey won cause Dawn used his newly caught Pokemon
Battle was biased
Battle was cheap
etc. etc.

Like you would have had Dawn won, right?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This battle was good but Nando vs. Zoey was 10x better. I think Zoey deserved to win because I thought Dawn could have done a lot better. The only impressive thing she did was the Piplup + Togekiss combo at the end, while Zoey was negating and landing attacks while making sure her pokemon looked good the whole battle. Overall, I thought the battle could have been better but it was still a good episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This battle was good but Nando vs. Zoey was 10x better. I think Zoey deserved to win because I thought Dawn could have done a lot better. The only impressive thing she did was the Piplup + Togekiss combo at the end, while Zoey was negating and landing attacks while making sure her pokemon looked good the whole battle. Overall, I thought the battle could have been better but it was still a good episode.

The Aura Sphere/Whirlpool combo was a bit impressive if you ask me.. I would've liked more combinations with Safeguard, cause we all know that that move is made for contests in the animé.. Safeguard/Bide would've done wonders..

I have to say, now that I've seen the episode, I can imagine that people felt tricked by the music after hearing Hikari's theme, even when I knew she wouldn't win I was sitting in my chair thinking: 'Oh golly! this is surely exciting, isn't it?!'. Though I still don't get how the last combo turned red, and why Togekiss didn't spin for the love of god! It should've dodged that attack, and drilled itself into Gallade for the kill!

BlueVapor

I'm actually kinda glad Nozomi wins. Now she has a reason to retire and leave all her competitors alone, and never give them such hideous advice ever (you guys know what I'm talking about).

I'm hearing rumors about Jessie hanging up the Miss Mushashi costume, any truth to these? Guess it means there will be no more contests ever.

Yep, no more contests for Jessie. So, in that case, you're probably right, contests are more than likely gone next series... :/

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Did Jessie actually say "i'm never competing in another contest again"? or did she just dump the Musalina costume?

Unless she said she's not doing another contest, I just have a feeling this is just a way to get a new costume alias in the 5th gen contests. (Remember the butterfly mask from hoenn?)

STICKTOPIA

Apparantly he cares for Dawn more than he does for May so he likes to sit through her contests.
I'm glad he didn't steal any focus from her. And I'm really glad Team Rocket didn't interupt too.
I didn't want him to steal ant focus on her too but I thought they would start the battle a little later in the episode while Ash does more Draco Meteor training. Ahh w/e there's always next time. I wonder where Dawn is gonna do contests now.