• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

cauldronmaster

The song that plays when Piplup uses Hydro Pump is Kimi no soba de, like you said, which is Dawn's theme. The song that plays when Zoey wins is "Pokémon Symphonic Medley 2" which features most of the DP songs, in an orcharisture (sorry for spelling there) style. I found this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z6lErQOpEE

Thank you, but it would appear that I was a little unclear with my question:

I meant to ask about the name of the track that plays right before kimi no soba plays. If its nameless, then i'm going to assume its a remix of the gsc credits theme.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

cauldronmaster

Oh its called as long I as hold my breath, and its from Movie 9.
Here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSix0hbgsM&feature=related

YES! this is the one i was looking for :)

This song not only did a great job at encompassing the magnitude of the Grand Festival Finals (conceptually, at least), it made an amazing prelude to the final clash sequence (Super Sky Attack vs Electro Vaccum Wave). In addition, the regalness of the song fit well with Togekiss's graceful movements.

thunderblade12

There is a difference between Ash, May and Dawn. Dawn can't win too much consecutively. She has to lose once after some minimum wins.

Sure there may be a difference between Ash and Dawn now, but you need to consider that this is Ash's fourth region. Back in Ash's first region he lost nearly every gym battle. He only won three of the 8 by battling and all three of those were one on one battles. Wonder how he would have fared had Surge, Koga, and Blaine used the standard three on three rule. Even if those wins are justified in your eyes, that's still only three out of eight. Less than half. At least Dawn actually won all five of her ribbons fairly.

As for May, I tend to consider the "main" and "secondary" rivals at a higher level than these random character of the days. The characters they give more emphasis to and establish as a major threat. Most of May's ribbons were earned by defeating CoTDs they may not have even had any other ribbons. Timmy Grime certainly didn't and none of the others she defeated (aside from Harley) even made it to the Grand Festival. Each of Dawn's victories were impressive.

- Kenny may have lost in the appeals of the GF, but at least he made it that far. That's more than could be said for the likes of Timmy Grime, the Rocker guy, the Medicham lady, and the others.

- May was a coordinator that had already entered two GFs. I don't want to hear how it was DEM because no one ever gives a good explanation as to how or why it was DEM. People have won with newly evolved pokemon before. In fact, Ursula past an appeal where two of her Eevees had evolved right on the spot. If she knew enough about her new pokemon to pass an appeal that quickly, why couldn't May learn more about Glaceon on the way to the Lake Resort?

- Ursula also made it to the Grand Festival.

- And Lila was a coordinator that defeated Dawn's mother at one point. Probably the least impressive of Dawn's victories, but at least her backstory gives her some merit over most of the people that May defeated to earn her ribbons.

/Opinion.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think Thunderblade sums up pretty well at why Dawn deserved to make it this far.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The reason they had Dawn get in second was to show she had become skilled as a coordinator, to make up for the 5 contest losses she had.

Also, probably because we're not going to see her get a second GF. They had May come in the Top 8 in the Hoenn GF because they knew they were going to give her a second one where she would increase to Top 4, but since Dawn is only here for one region, they could have her get a high rank right away.

If Sinnoh was shorter and they did another filler arc, Dawn would have gotten two contest arcs. But since they stretched Sinnoh over the course of 200 episodes, she only got 1.

kingdra101

Dawn should have won that match, because there were several times where zoey didnt lose points when she should have. When togekiss, and piplup, dodged gallade's attack twice, zoey's points remained the same.

Also when Dawn launched the aura sphere/bubblebeam combo, zoey should have lost points, because in the nando vs zoey fight, nando lost points when zoey launched the energy ball/shock wave combo

If were to factor in those lost points, zoey would have lost

NES

Flip me to the side!
I wanted Dawn to won this, specially if she is leaving the cast. Would it really matter if she did? Overall the battle wasn't that great either.

I'm wondering what's the meaning of Jessie throwing away her disguise, and Dawn, and contest in general.

Sure there may be a difference between Ash and Dawn now, but you need to consider that this is Ash's fourth region. Back in Ash's first region he lost nearly every gym battle. He only won three of the 8 by battling and all three of those were one on one battles. Wonder how he would have fared had Surge, Koga, and Blaine used the standard three on three rule. Even if those wins are justified in your eyes, that's still only three out of eight. Less than half. At least Dawn actually won all five of her ribbons fairly.

I think you weren't watching Pokemon Anime back then and only read the summary of these episodes. Ash's only loss back then were against Brock and Blaine and possibly Sabrina(if you call that official). Dawn didn't won some of her ribbons fairly.

As for May, I tend to consider the "main" and "secondary" rivals at a higher level than these random character of the days. The characters they give more emphasis to and establish as a major threat. Most of May's ribbons were earned by defeating CoTDs they may not have even had any other ribbons. Timmy Grime certainly didn't and none of the others she defeated (aside from Harley) even made it to the Grand Festival. Each of Dawn's victories were impressive.

- Kenny may have lost in the appeals of the GF, but at least he made it that far. That's more than could be said for the likes of Timmy Grime, the Rocker guy, the Medicham lady, and the others.

Any proofs that those people didn't made it to the GF? And overall they seemed more powerful than most of Dawn's rivals except Zoey(for obvious reason).
Most of Dawn's victories were plot device.

- May was a coordinator that had already entered two GFs. I don't want to hear how it was DEM because no one ever gives a good explanation as to how or why it was DEM. People have won with newly evolved pokemon before. In fact, Ursula past an appeal where two of her Eevees had evolved right on the spot. If she knew enough about her new pokemon to pass an appeal that quickly, why couldn't May learn more about Glaceon on the way to the Lake Resort?

First of all, the battle wasn't DEM it was just cheap. And if you thought that May would win the Wallace Cup against Dawn in such circumstance then I can only feel sorry for you.
As for cheapness, I would say my same point again. Piplup goes underwater and its paralysis is gone. Thats what we call cheap. Although there were many more fluke stuff in there I find above one the cheapest as for that battle.

- And Lila was a coordinator that defeated Dawn's mother at one point. Probably the least impressive of Dawn's victories, but at least her backstory gives her some merit over most of the people that May defeated to earn her ribbons.

/Opinion.

Giving her a back story doesn't make her better than any of May's contest only rival. She never appeared again so she was only worse than them cause there are chances that she never won a GF after so many years of coordinating.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sorry Sceptile lover, but do you even see what you type? Dawn won most of her ribbons because it was a plot device? Um All victories are Plot Devices!

Piplup going underwater to stop paralysis is a great idea and in no way cheap. To get rid of electricity you could always use water.

Will just shut it, the Princess of Hoenn's time has gone, and you really need to stop bashing Dawn, you sound so pathetic. This is not a thread for bashing Dawn, and comparing her to May. This is to discuss the last episode of GF

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Out of being board I came back in here and I what do you know, Sceptile lover is still attacking Dawn's character. Seriously get over it you hate Dawn, we know, you hate contest (or at least hers) we know, you try to degrade her character and basically say she's crap in the series, we know. I am amused you hate Dawn and her 'cheapness' when your boy Ash is the cheapest character in the entire series of Pokemon by your standards. This is a thread about the episode of Dawn vs Zoey not 'Dawn sucks because all her achievements are plot devices and you hate her.'

Also the writers have been pulling the water eliminates paralysis since the Kanto days when Staryu cured itself from stun spore, don't blame Dawn for that.

Dax

Legend
Dawn didn't won some of her ribbons fairly.

Like which one? Care to give proof? Because as far as I remember all of her ribbons were won fairly. The only thing I consider cheap about Dawn was the battle against Ursula. Her journey and they way she earned her ribbons was completely fair.

Most of Dawn's victories were plot device.

Most of everyone's victories are for plot devices. That's why this is a TV show. Losses and wins are done for a purpose, to advance or finish a plot. To explain something, to make the character's learn, to advance their journey, etc. Ganging up on Dawn just because her wins " were plot device" doesn't make sense.

Everything comes off as you finding the little and stupidest excuse to make Dawn look bad. You can say you don't hate her, but each and everyone of your posts regarding her come off as biased excuses to say negative things about her character.

Last edited:
Sorry Sceptile lover, but do you even see what you type? Dawn won most of her ribbons because it was a plot device? Um All victories are Plot Devices!

Piplup going underwater to stop paralysis is a great idea and in no way cheap. To get rid of electricity you could always use water.

Will just shut it, the Princess of Hoenn's time has gone, and you really need to stop bashing Dawn, you sound so pathetic. This is not a thread for bashing Dawn, and comparing her to May. This is to discuss the last episode of GF

Now when did I bashed Dawn?

Out of being board I came back in here and I what do you know, Sceptile lover is still attacking Dawn's character. Seriously get over it you hate Dawn, we know, you hate contest (or at least hers) we know, you try to degrade her character and basically say she's crap in the series, we know. I am amused you hate Dawn and her 'cheapness' when your boy Ash is the cheapest character in the entire series of Pokemon by your standards. This is a thread about the episode of Dawn vs Zoey not 'Dawn sucks because all her achievements are plot devices and you hate her.'

I wasn't even going to return to this thread but then one of Dawn's fanboy(in his hate mail that is) told me that ThunderBlade has quoted my post so I came back with some proofs.

Also the writers have been pulling the water eliminates paralysis since the Kanto days when Staryu cured itself from stun spore, don't blame Dawn for that.

Actually some things look better against TR but when it is a official battle it always looks cheap. But when did that happened?

Most of everyone's victories are for plot devices. That's why this is a TV show. Losses and wins are done for a purpose, to advance or finish a plot. To explain something, to make the character's learn, to advance their journey, etc. Ganging up on Dawn just because her wins " were plot device" doesn't make sense.

Everything comes off as you finding the little and stupidest excuse to make Dawn look bad. You can say you don't hate her, but each and everyone of your posts regarding her come off as biased excuses to say negative things about her character.

Which ones of Ash's Sinnoh gym win was plot device so far? Roark's first battle was plot device but Ash didn't won a badge then. And when it starts raining in third gym looks a fair plot device. I know last gym is plot device but at least most of his Johto, AG and Sinnoh gym badges weren't plot devices. Two out of eight gym is plot device while three out of five of Dawn's ribbon were plot device. First one was Wallace Cup then the ribbon against Lila and then the first ribbon against Ursula.

I am not hoping to return to this thread so please tell me if you quote me.

P.S.: I don't like hate mails.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Now when did I bashed Dawn?

I wasn't even going to return to this thread but then one of Dawn's fanboy(in his hate mail that is) told me that ThunderBlade has quoted my post so I came back with some proofs.

Actually some things look better against TR but when it is a official battle it always looks cheap. But when did that happened?

Which ones of Ash's Sinnoh gym win was plot device so far? Roark's first battle was plot device but Ash didn't won a badge then. And when it starts raining in third gym looks a fair plot device. I know last gym is plot device but at least most of his Johto, AG and Sinnoh gym badges weren't plot devices. Two out of eight gym is plot device while three out of five of Dawn's ribbon were plot device. First one was Wallace Cup then the ribbon against Lila and then the first ribbon against Ursula.

I am not hoping to return to this thread so please tell me if you quote me.

P.S.: I don't like hate mails.

Maybe if you didn't hate on Dawn so much, and laid off her you wouldn't get the hate mail.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see the big deal of bringing this up now. Dawn's arc, for the most part, is over.

What happened is already in the past.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't see the big deal of bringing this up now. Dawn's arc, for the most part, is over.

What happened is already in the past.

Huzzzaaaa!

I'd like to say this everyone, but everyone may have their own specific modes of watching.. but seriously.. what I do.. I just let it wash over me.. grab a cold glass of milk, snort some cheese, do some strands, get all miffed up, then watch pokemon and post some crap up here.

That really makes my day... and gives you such a different perspective! I strongly suggest this for you any day Cyber :)

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
I'm not surprised that Zoey won, but I was actually hoping that Dawn would win. Even if she did it would seem unrealistic for a first-timer at a Grand Festival. Zoey has always been a few steps ahead of Dawn, and is shown in this episode. Dawn did very well with her pokemon, and was only beaten by a mere vertical slit.

Overall it's an excellent episode for sure!

HokkaidoMaster

I think that overall, this was one of the best episodes of Sinnoh. Sure, they could have tried to make it better then Zoey vs. Nando, but Zoey and Dawn have a different relationship than Zoey and Nando. I think there was some hidden anger from the last time they fought, and it fueled their battle. That could be why it was a bit more passionate.

With Zoey winning over Dawn, (Surprise, Surprise), you could look at this as a foreshadowing of what might happen for Ash in the League. If the writers did it once, they'll surely do it again. I think it will be Ash vs. Paul in at least the semi-finals, if not the actual finals. However, I hope they do something amazing and let Ash finally win. But the writers probably think that losing makes Ash seem more human, but by the 4th region, haven't we SEEN his humanity?

I'll actually be sad to see such a powerful rivalry end after Sinnoh, because those two have definitely fueled the entire season. It has given Ash a dynamic growth throughout the whole season, and that is saying something. I think though though that God Paul should be beaten in the League by Ash, but it will probably follow more closely to Zoey/Dawn.

Either way, this was an epic end for contests in Sinnoh, but I hope that it isn't the absolute last contest. You should probably kill me for saying it, but I actually like them.