• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The episode came and ended. Dawn VS Zoey in the Final Round was an amazing battle, and the combinations were amazing. The music really fits the battle, especially around the end for the final attack from the two. Dawn's comeback in the 2nd half of the contest was a nice move, but Zoey's tricks were quite clever at the beginning however.

Glameow and Gallade's Iron Tail and Signal Beam combination was quite a pretty sight. And also when Glameow uses it's tail to take Piplup's Whirpool, impressive! Gallade's Psycho Cut and Vacuum Wave were nice attacks, but also well used too.

Dawn's Togekiss' graceful moves were quite useful here too, having the ability to dodge a few attacks. Piplup was quite the battler too, having to see Hydro Pump again finally. Loved it when his Hydro Pump fired Glameow off of Togekiss in the air.

For spectators, I expected Jessie/Jessilina to watch (even from what she said to Dawn, to win the whole competition since she lost to Dawn). And then I saw Ursula and Nando in the audience, very cool to see both! During the battle, 4 awesome characters return onscreen while watching the Finals: Princess Salvia, Lila, Candice, Kenny!
Knew Salvia would watch, since she watches Dawn's contests and also gave Togekiss to her. Lila being Dawn's opponent in the Finals for the Celestic Contest, Candice being Zoey's best friend and supporter, and then Kenny being Dawn's childhood friend/coordinator, and also Finals opponent in the Floaroma/Sandalstraw Contest.

Now lastly, at the beginning as well, Johanna arrives and watches with Ash and Brock! Very awesome to see her at a event like this!

And at the final strike of the Finals, Piplup/Togekiss' Sky Attack Peck against Gallade's Electric Psycho Cut was quite the treat. The collision between the two attacks were very great! But all came to an end when the winner of the Grand Festival came to Zoey. BUT SOOOO CLOSE.

Zoey is our winner and Top Coordinator!

Quite funny of Jessie reacted badly to Dawn losing, and now Jessie got rid of her Jessilina costume, and ran out with James and Meowth; to head bad to their Team Rocket plans. But this is a shame, sad to see Jessilina coming to an end now.

Dawn and Zoey pulled off a great battle, and one not to forget. Dawn's words at the end, to her mom and Ash and Brock, were really touching. Im glad to see she wouldnt be too down about losing, shes really came a long way.

And at the end, when Dawn and Zoey are by the lake view, quite surprising to see Nando give a few words. Though it was great to see him then, and then we will see him at the Sinnoh League! But now comes an end to Zoey, heading back to Snowpoint City.

Dawn, and Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu, Cyndaquil, Togekiss, all did very well this Grand Festival. But now comes an end to contests, it was a blast since 2002/2003. It's been really great.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
My computer thinks Zoey isn’t a real name. Nando is understandable, but you’d think Zoey would be here.

For the final round of the grand festival, I’m not all that impressed. If it weren’t for Dawn and Zoey’s promise to battle in the finals, I doubt Dawn would make it that far. I personally would prefer Dawn vs. Zoey in the semifinals with Nando vs. Zoey in the finals. Remember, this is coming from a person who doesn’t like Zoey, but recognizes her skill.

For the battle itself, it was okay, but nowhere near as awesome as Nando vs. Zoey. It was just sort of plain and boring for me. My favorite part was when Galade distracted Dawn so Glameow used its tail (why is Glameow’s only gimmick the tail?) to jump on Togekiss. I thought that was the best part of the battle. The combinations were nowhere as ridicules as a Dawn vs. Ursula battle, so that is always a plus. The only part that bugged me was Glameow catching Whirlpool with its tail. Guess its magic water or something.

During the final part of the battle, there was a vocal song playing. It was about 6:15 in the morning, so I couldn’t hear it very well. Sounded like a cool song, though.

After the battle, they camera focuses on Jessie ditching her Jessilina costume. Were they foreshadowing the end of contest?

“Sorry, Am I being sappy?” Yes Dawn, yes you are. I would laugh at that if everyone else in my house wasn’t asleep.

I like the ending, with the Dawn and Zoey and Nando and the Pokémon. It was a perfect way to end Dawn’s Sinnoh contest journey.

Overall, a great episode, though the battle wasn’t as impressive as I thought it would be.

Edit: Can someone with Mod powers give the thread its English name, please?

Last edited:

matt0044

As I said in the Anime Spoilers, I said that Dawn should've win and I still think so but, damn, was this a great battle! I was nervous to watch at first because Dawn would lose but it was a great battle and I rooted for her all the way even if I knew Zoey would win!

It was an episode that didn't disappoint. It gets a 5/5!

P.S. I so want that dub insert song during the last seconds of the battle. If I had to guess it's call Ultimate Challenge.

Torpoleon

Magnificent battle! Magnifique, as Fantina would say.

Dawn & Zoey really did have an awesome battle. Zoey VS Nando would have been better for here, but whatever. The Dawn of a New Victor! would have been a pretty good title for this episode too, but whatever.

The Signal Tail and Glameow catching Piplup's Whirlpool were amazing. I loved the Sky Peck Combination at the end. I also liked seeing all the past people like Lila!

Dawn lost, but that is OK. It was all a great way to end contests!!
10/10

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
After the battle, they camera focuses on Jessie ditching her Jessilina costume. Were they foreshadowing the end of contest?

That's what I was thinking as well. It was really sad though, seeing the end of Jessilina right there. But it did look as though it was hinting some foreshadow.

Dattebayo

Banned
YES! Dawn finally lost! Which means, she gets to stay for a little while thus increasing her chance in appearing in the next Smash Bros. game.

SmartD

An awesome episode. Dawn and Zoey's battle was awesome. They pull off amazing combinations and battle skills. In the end, Zoey won. Dawn did her best and that what makes it counts. That wraps the Grand Festival.

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
So we have finally reached the finals of the Sinnoh Grand Festival and contests in general. A nice way to finish off, Togekiss and Piplup's Sky Attack and Peck VS Zoey's weird-but-cool Thunderbolt and Psycho Cut with Glameow and the Gallade that everyone thought was Nando's from the preview that aired before the Grand Festival actaully started. And Piplup finally uses Hydro Pump again after about 13 episodes. And, of course, Kimi No Soba De was replaced (if Japanese is so evil, couldn't they just play an instrumental?).

Somethin I noticed, when Zoey was awarded her shiny trophy, Fantina said something like "I couldn't be more happy if I had won", which is odd because Fantina is way more hyper than Zoey, so I imagine when Fantina won her Grand Festival, she probably kissed Mr Contesta or something.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
YES! Dawn finally lost! Which means, she gets to stay for a little while thus increasing her chance in appearing in the next Smash Bros. game.

What?! Could you please explain your train of thought of why an anime character losing a tournament would make them eligible to appear in a video game that only uses characters from other video games?

On topic: Does anyone think that the song that played during the final part of the battle will be released in some way? Maybe there will be a CD like the 10 anniversary one, perhaps?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
AH! This is my favourite episode, both Jap and Dub. Even though I knew the outcome, I was still on the edge of my seat. And what pleased me was that they kept in Symphonic Melody 2!
That sappy scene was beautiful, when she handed over the ribbon and told her mum she didn't need it anymore since she has 5 of her own and she's got the best friends she could have to support her, it really makes it sound as though she's going to travel with them forever.

What?! Could you please explain your train of thought of why an anime character losing a tournament would make them eligible to appear in a video game that only uses characters from other video games?

On topic: Does anyone think that the song that played during the final part of the battle will be released in some way? Maybe there will be a CD like the 10 anniversary one, perhaps?

Dawn is a game character.

Last edited:

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Dawn is a game character.

Yes, but what I wanted to know was why losing the Grand Festival would make her more eligible to be Smash Bros. Going by that train of logic, May has lost two festivals and has a greater chance of being in a future SSB.

But this is off topic.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
So that's the end of the Sinnoh Contest journey. I really wanted Dawn to win, but like Dawn, I wasn't all that upset when Zoey won. I'm glad Dawn didn't cry, since she did enough of that in the beginning of her journey. One thing I didn't like about May's lose was how she cried after.

The battle was amazing. Johanna even decided to show up. Piplup and Togekiss did amazing and so did Glameow and Gallade.

Pretty upsetting that Jessie was that upset over Dawn's lost that she abandoned her Jesselina outfit.

Another sunset after the Grand Festival. What's this? Dawn turned down Zoey's request for a romantic trip back to Snowpoint together? Somebodys being a bit of a tease.

Next up is Ash's gym battle against Volkner!

So long Sinnoh Contest journey. You were certainly the best one yet.

Edit: @Sceptile_Lover. Staryu jumped in the water to get rid of Paralysis during Ash's gym battle against Misty. Butterfree used Stun Spore on Staryu and Misty commanded Staryu to jump into the water to wash off the Stun Spore. So Dawn wasn't the first one to use that tactic.

Last edited:

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
So, I'm back from Las Vegas (man, I had a blast) and ready to comment on this week's episode.

I'd like to call it a worthy finale and appropriate conclusion of the contests in general.
The battle itself was very exciting and I couldn't detect any logical flaws (my speciality after all ^^) We also got a good amount of farewell-scenes that were long enough to end the Grand Festival on a positive note. I've never been a big fan of contests because many combinations or appeals ended up being logically flawed and often made me complain, but well, everything's well that ends well, right?

Just a few remarks about things that struck me as interesting:
- What was the big deal about Zoey's diversionary tactic.:goof: To be honest, if I were Dawn, she wouldn't have fooled me, because I saw no profound strategy in this move at all. Besides, it didn't yield any decisive results either. I would have kept aiming at my opponents regardless of what they were pretending to do and so, I couldn't see how any of the things Zoey came up with could have distracted Dawn

- Also, during their final move when Galade jumped on Glameow's tail, Zoey told the latter to use Shadow Ball, however, the move that the Pokemon used clearly resembled an electric move. Considering that the only two electric move Glameow can learn are Thunderbolt and Thunder, this must be a pretty bad translation mistake. Didn't you realize it?

All in all, a decent and entertaining episode which I definitely enjoyed watching!

7.5/ 8 out of 10 points

victinifan

bust to tears!!!

hi im new here and im a big big big big big pokemon freak(on with what i posting about) i just watched the new episode of sinnoh leage victers it sucks that dawn lost but the end made me burst into tears....:'(

matt0044

You know, while I don't mind Dawn losing, I do mind that fact that the main characters that have a goal lose the regional tournament over and over and over and over and over again. Have the main character lose the final battle once every other league or GF would be fine but every time? Why?

It's pretty depressing when you think about.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ok, well I saw the episode in Engish dubbed and I did enjoy it like I did the first time but it still not as good as the Nando V.S Zoey one, but still one of my favorites. The music during the finale attack was pretty good and I liked that animation during that scene. Ash cheering Dawn on the entire time was sweet and I loved the ending between Dawn and Zoey and Nando coming in and talking about the league. Over all a good episode, I'm glad Zoey won, she impressed me each battle she had in the Grand Festival. Good-bye Contests, you were fun while you lasted.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was cool to see a Psycho Cut, Fake Out, and Vacuum Wave. I did expect Fake Out to seem more powerful. Some parts were very impressive such as Glameow catching Piplup's Whirlpool and Gallade's Thunderbolt charged Psycho Cut. The contest was very intense.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
So that's what Fake Out looks like. Makes sense to me. What baffles me is that Meowth said "It ain't easy" when James asked him to learn it, considering that Meowth can learn it naturally.

With that said, the rest of the battle itself was pretty good. But the part where Piplup was using Whirlpool after getting off of Togekiss... how is it able to pull it off before hitting the ground? One thing I will say about Dawn; at least she took the loss much better than May did at the Kanto GF.

But there's one remaining mystery still hanging in the balance: What kind of accent does Nando have? It sounds like a mishmash of Spanish, French, and a hint of Italian. It's like the producer said, "This character has an accent." "Oh? What kind?" "JUST AN ACCENT."

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Awesome ep!!! :D

The Dub did better than I expected, they had a nice replacement 4 kimi no soba de as BGM though not as good but still it made the battle seemed much better.

Dawn vs Zoey was definitely an awesome and intense battle, I just loved Piplup's and Togekiss's last combo attack, one of the best combination eva!

The ep was kinda sad and emotional at the end which made me love it more :')

Dawn is definitely the best!! Even though she lost, to me, she is the top coordinator.

Anyway, 9/10