• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. It was great to see Gallade for the 1st time. I like Gallade better than Gardevoir. The Sky Attack+Peck combo was so cool! Unfortunately Zoey won, but only just barely. It was interesting to find out that Jessie decided to completely give up Contests and being a Coordinator. It was great to finally hear that Volkner was ready to accept Ash's Gym challenge.

98/100

Littlemyuu

Zoey's Gallade is really awesome =D it also got pretty good moves =3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It made me sad to see Dawn lose

Vernikova

Champion
It was terrible to see Dawn lose and have Zoey win. It's not so much that I'm a fan of Dawn than I dislike Zoey a lot. I seriously found Kenny more interesting than her by the end of Sinnoh. I don't see why the writers couldn't have May or Dawn win a Grand Festival. It's not like they were going to be on the show much after their generation had gone by anyway.

Victory

Banned
It was a super awesome fantabulous battle! But Dawn should have won ;)

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
AWESOME EPISODE! The battle was totally awesome, imagining it in real life would be amazing. Totally gutted that Dawn didn't win, personally I think she deserved it but of course the writers can never let a main character win. Congrats to Zoey for winning though, she fought really well too. I hope Dawn wins a Grand Festival one day!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Interesting that Dawn managed to get farther than May did in two regions and still didn't win. -_- At least a character we know did win.

I wish they hadn't dropped the contests after this episode. I really miss them in the Unova region right now. At least Team Rocket has an awesome new storyline going on, but I still miss the side storyline of the contests. Apart from the two Don George tournaments, which at least Iris and Cilan have been participating, it's like Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto time again, where Ash has the only ongoing storyline of his team.

7/10

Frost471

It was kinda out of character for Jessie to quit contests just because she lost against Dawn. Nevertheless the fight between Zoey and Dawn was great, to bad she lost though. 8/10

Janovy

Banned
It was kinda out of character for Jessie to quit contests just because she lost against Dawn. Nevertheless the fight between Zoey and Dawn was great, to bad she lost though. 8/10
Exactly. That was poor writing done for the sake of TR becoming "competent" and boring in BW.

Frost471

Exactly. That was poor writing done for the sake of TR becoming "competent" and boring in BW.

Yeah. I mean she loved contest in the Advanced and DP saga and wanted to become top coordinator no matter how many times she lost. Now she actually made it to the semi-finals of the grand festival and she suddenly quits over 1 lose? That just doesn't make any sense to me

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah. I mean she loved contest in the Advanced and DP saga and wanted to become top coordinator no matter how many times she lost. Now she actually made it to the semi-finals of the grand festival and she suddenly quits over 1 lose? That just doesn't make any sense to me

She might go back to being a coordinator if/when TR is disbanded.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

At least in the original Japanese dub of the previous episode, Jessie tells Dawn to win the championship as Dawn won against her, or otherwise she won't forgive her. She repeats her statement in this episode. She probably thought that since she didn't even lose against a proper victor, all the things she have accomplished so far was pointless.

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
It was a great battle but I was really hoping for Dawn to win. But at least she made all the way to the final round in only her first GF.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
They just can't ever let a main character win can they?

At least Jessie quit, though, which is good.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just rewatched this episode, and I have to say, this episode has my favourite scene in the whole anime, its just something about Dawn handing over the ribbon to her mother, that scene fills me with joy, it really did show us how full circle she came, leaving on her first day with her mom's ribbon, meeting many friends, gaining lots of experiences and her own ribbons, it showed how much she grew, a truly fantastic scene and that BGM, heart-warming, truly heart-warming.