• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A great defence is a great offence [OU RMT]

fire wind218

Hi I am making this team to be used on WIFI and Shoddy Battle. It has worked out great for me so far and I win most times. Hopefully you raters can find some weak points in my team that I may be able to improve. I based this team around an Agilitygross and this has worked well for me so far. Thanks in advance for rating my team.

At a glance:

i_raguraaji.gif
i_metagurosu.gif
i_furaigon.gif
i_suikun.gif
i_sandaa.gif
i_rukario.gif

Here is the weakness, resistance table:

benmarriland2.png

On to the team:

swampert.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVS: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spa
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Swampert is my awesome mixed lead. It's task is to set up Stealth Rock and use Roar to hurt the enemy without direct damage and get rid of stat boosts thanks to Stealth Rock. Swampert can also deal damage with Ice Beam and Earthquake. If in danger I will switch to the appropriate pokemon.
I chose Relaxed nature for the mixed attacks. Ultimately this pokemon supports the team well and can do a fair bit of damage on the way down. The ability Torrent doesn't do much of anything as Swampert has no water attacks none the less he's still good to have on the team.

metagross.png

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 252 att / 112 hp / 12 def / 132 spe
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Metagross is my Agility sweeper which after using Agility can work wonders with high speed, power and defence. Metagross provides some valuable resistances whilst also providing excellent coverage with it's moves. Most people would think that Metagross is strong but slow sweeper but with Agility and a few speed EVS, he can really surprise a lot of people and he can use that element to his advantage and take out the counters for my other team members. Clear Body is very useful to avoid Intimidate from Salamence or Gyarados.

flygon.png

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVS: 252 att / 252 spe / 4 hp
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Fire Punch

Flygon is a valuable scout and scarfer excellent for finding threats and giving me a chance to counter them with U-Turn. Flygon has brilliant typing resisting two of my main weaknesses fire and ground type attacks whilst also resisting electric as an added bonus. Outrage and Earthquake provide valuable STABs which also give good coverage with Fire Punch. Choice Scarf enables Flygon to hit faster than it's opponents. Adamant over Jolly as Flygon needs the extra power and already has the speed thanks to the Choice Scarf.

suicune.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EVS: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spe
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I find Suicune to be an excellent wall and has got me out of a lot of tough situations. With Calm Mind and Bold nature it gives itself great sp def and def which is very valuable to a wall as good as Suicune. Surf is there as its only attacking move although it can easily be walled by the likes of Vaporeon and Bulky water types. It also works as a status absorber by taking status effects and resting them off. Its Bold nature helps it by giving it a defence boost while Calm Mind helps the special side. Its ability Pressure can help pp stall other walls rendering them useless and more of a burden to my opponent rather than a strength.

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVS: 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 hp
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

As you can see I prefer to use the offensive set of Zapdos rather than the defensive set although I have changed it a bit from hidden power to Thunder Wave as the paralysis support helps my other sweepers well. This pokemon also serves as my Scizor counter with Heat Wave and its resistances to steel and fighting. Roost lets me recover hp that I may have lost while fighting. Timid nature is used to help me outspeed Modest Starmie and + natured base 90s such as Lucario. I must admit Pressure does not help at all as this is not really a stalling Zapdos.

lucario.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVS: 252 att / 252 spe / 4 def
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch

At first I doubted the power of Lucario but then I started using it because of advice from a friend and I saw it's true power when it almost swept a whole team but died on about the fourth pokemon it had killed because of Life Orb damage. Because of Swords Dance it is awesome and beats most things with Extreme Speed and Close Combat. I chose Thunder Punch over Ice Punch, Stone Edge and Crunch because Gyarados gives a real problem to Lucario and the fact that Lucario can outspeed it and KO it can be very useful and various circumstances. I chose Adamant nature over Jolly nature as I think the power boost is very important rather than have a Jolly nature which would outspeed at most 6 or 7 pokemon in OU. Has anyone noticed that Lucario is used a lot in UBER rather than Rayquaza? That must mean it really is good. Lucario is also boosted by its excellent typing giving it 10 resistances which it can switch in to. I chose Steadfast over Inner Focus because if I meet say...a Choice Scarfed Jirachi with Iron head and it Flinches me twice, I would have enough speed to KO back with a boosted Close Combat and outspeed anything without an Agility or two, this would also help me KO Lucario's enemies such as Infernape and Gengar who outspeed and OHKO Lucario.

Credits:

Arkeis for the cool pictures
Pokesho for the smaller sprites
Smogon for the good movesets
Ouchies for helping out with the team building
Shaymin for being my loyal Avatar

mg gigbut

the cacturne king
only problem i see is you have to many leftovers being used, try some variety like maybe choice specs on zapados (im not very good at items, srry:()but try some variety because one well rounded kindra could pulverize this team, so you might want a counter for that, and you have 1 super effective hit and thats on flygon who'll get locked in outrage and then a counter would just get subd in.