• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Gruff Act To Follow (484)

Weav-vile

Totally!
You obviously don't remember Hoenn very well. It was a complete fresh start where the writers changed their writing style completely, they made the fillers generally funny and actually had strong continuity throughout most of it. The whole Dewford training arc was absolutely amazing, and the episodes leading up to Rustboro were good too. I'm not going to go into later Hoenn because I want to see what Shinou does first. [...]

Well, I'm sorry, Cyber, but I'm not gonna explain more than I did. I used facts, yeah, but you still insist to blind your eyes from an opiner that isn't you or your friends who love Hoenn and May - what is a pity, since I enjoy your posts and other people's who insist in saying that D/P is merely A/G remixed.
One other thing: I'm nor a Misty, neither May, neither Hikari fan. I like them all, but I'm not fan of any of the girls... This meaniing I have no problem with May. Hoenn's the deal, and, uh... D/P is far different than AG.

We're done here [I am, at least.].

- Nozomi

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What exactly was boring about it? Go scan down the episode list on the site, we had fantastic episodes all in a row with only a few bad episodes in between.

Alot of people would probably agree that from the Groudon Kyogre fight onward the hoenn portion of AG fell flat on it's face.

Are people sure that was screch Onix used....heck if thats a screech now a days heaven forbid we see an updated Roar.

Huh did Shinji even notice Mukubird either?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
One other thing: I'm nor a Misty, neither May, neither Hikari fan. I like them all, but I'm not fan of any of the girls... This meaniing I have no problem with May. Hoenn's the deal, and, uh... D/P is far different than AG.

What does this have to do with the girls? I'm talking about the actual writing, what girl was in each saga didn't make a difference.

AG was well-liked by everyone who didn't turn a blind eye to it just because Misty wasn't it, and tried to convince themselves it "sucked" because if they stopped watching, they wanted to prove to themselves they weren't missing anything.

Saying this episode "shocked" you by good writing is proof you didn't watch AG, since they did this same thing with Brawly in Dewford and had a whole training arc before Ash rechallenged him. The fact that you're so amazed by the writing this saga is like you're seeing this stuff for the first time, when the writers have been doing great stuff for the last 4 years. Shame.

Alot of people would probably agree that from the Groudon Kyogre fight onward the hoenn portion of AG fell flat on it's face.

Uh...no. The episodes between Tate/Liza and Juan were great, and after that was the GF and Hoenn league. All those episodes that took place on Izabe Island were wonderful and actually had continuity.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I agree with him, people is fanboying/girling(that word exists?) D/P. And if not a lot of d/P pokemon are shown with the filler character is because there are so few of them.

For the love of...can your post leak anymore irony? >.>

I agree with Weavile, but speaking of fanboying a certain generation...

Anyway, this episode looks great. Funny moments, good animation, great battle. This season is really looking good.

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
Are people sure that was screch Onix used....heck if thats a screech now a days heaven forbid we see an updated Roar.

Huh did Shinji even notice Mukubird either?

I'm VERY sure it was screech. It didn't hurt Pikachu per say, it might have just blew out the poor things ear drums. It sounded like a jet plane engine starting and then going full force, blowing our little yellow hero into a pile of rocks, turning them into pebbles.

As for Shinji, he may have noticed Mukkubird but really didn't seem to give a Rattatta's a** from what I could tell.

Uh...no. The episodes between Tate/Liza and Juan were great,

You're saying "Golden pikachu/Swellow-that-was-pulled-out-of-the-writer's-ass" was a brillent and great idea???

Weavile_Striker

#1 Weavile Fan!
i knew Shinji was going to give Azumarill away after that tragic loss in the gym. Looks like he also released or gave away Ursarang.

Ash's Pokemon choice in this battle was pathetic. Why didn't he use Naetle at the start?

Haha, Mukubird was hilarious in this episode. It must have forgotten it's weakness to rock types after Aipom smacked into it's head.

Can't believe Pikachu lost to an ONIX. It's like Deja Vu from when he first fought Brock.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
All those episodes that took place on Izabe Island were wonderful and actually had continuity.

I have to agree here. Those were probably the best episodes of the AG series (Adan's being the best).

So Mukkubird actually beat its head against the pillar when Ash didn't choose it to battle? That's pretty funny. I'm starting to like this Pokemon.

After looking at the pics, this battle was completely stupid. I'm interested to see what deus ex they pull for the real battle considering Hyota's Zugaidosu evolves next week.

There didn't seem to be enough time devoted to the battle. If anything, I'd've rather the battle get interrupted by Team Rocket (ala Clair in Johto) and continued after next week's episode.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Was the white-gray aura attack of Onix's Double Edge?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I still consider Hoenn my favorite region (complain all you want, but I do ) but DP may eventually overthrow that if the episode impress me as much as they have been (I'm easily impressed though).

After watching this episode in action, the pictures don't do it justice.

* Zugaidosu was awesome looking in this episode. Even know it lost, it did it in a cool way.
* Naetle won a battle!
* Aipom lost...but it had some NEAT looking attacks. It's so fun to watch battle.
* Pikachu, I must say, was even somewhat exciting now.
* Onix RULED. Seriously, I love that it beat Pikachu (revenge!). And that Screech was coming from a giant rock snake, so I could see how it hurt.
*The music that played when Pikachu flew back into the rock was awesome.
*This episode was great to look at.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If Ash does have another 3 on 3 with Hyouta, do you think they'll make it more interesting by at least evolving Geodude into Graveler?

I don't think I really want to see those two again...even if Geodude wasn't in this one.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Sadly, next episode seems to have rather ugly art, but at least that raises the chance of the rematch episode having better art. Rampard deserves to at least be drawn decently.
Not gonna happen. Izumi Shimura is boarding the rematch.
If Ash does have another 3 on 3 with Hyouta, do you think they'll make it more interesting by at least evolving Geodude into Graveler?

I don't think I really want to see those two again...even if Geodude wasn't in this one.
Two of Hyouta's Pokemon evolving would kinda be overkill. Bring a Rhyhorn out, I say.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I still wonder if Ash will go with Mukkubird for the rematch? His freak-out makes me think it could happen.

I hope it's Naetle, Mukkubird, and Aipom in the rematch.

Maestro Kinético

I still consider Hoenn my favorite region (complain all you want, but I do ) but DP may eventually overthrow that if the episode impress me as much as they have been (I'm easily impressed though).

After watching this episode in action, the pictures don't do it justice.

* Zugaidosu was awesome looking in this episode. Even know it lost, it did it in a cool way.
* Naetle won a battle!
* Aipom lost...but it had some NEAT looking attacks. It's so fun to watch battle.
* Pikachu, I must say, was even somewhat exciting now.
* Onix RULED. Seriously, I love that it beat Pikachu (revenge!). And that Screech was coming from a giant rock snake, so I could see how it hurt.
*The music that played when Pikachu flew back into the rock was awesome.
*This episode was great to look at.

I agree with that, you are easily impressed. Saying that an episode is good for things such as the music played when Pikachu flew confirms that.

I think I have a funny day today, your post amde me laugh a lot too.

Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great. Zugaidos looked better in the previews one. The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.

Please don't continue with the offtopic of Hoenn and everything (although it's fun to read that AG was brilliant and original).

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I agree with that, you are easily impressed. Saying that an episode is good for things such as the music played when Pikachu flew confirms that.

Just like saying you don't like a Pokemon because "it looks like a Hispanic McDonald's worker" or "I'll hate the writers FOREVER if they give Hikari a Patchirisu!".

Honestly, it's fine if you don't care for episodes, but you don't have to come into the thread and berate people for their opinions. Your the one who seems to have a problem respecting them.

And I liked Hoenn better then Kanto. Deal with it.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great. Zugaidos looked better in the previews one. The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.
Considering how Masaaki Iwane is the best animation director currently on board, I'd like to know what you think good animation in this series is.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Also, what was so "unnecesary" about the whole Hikari volcano thing?

It was a small, two second scene showing her getting mad. Does every episode have to be filled with 22 minutes of stuff that is SUPER important to the plot? Can't we have a funny character reaction?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Decent music, high quality animation and tense situations are what make battles entertaining to watch. That's the sort of thing that should take priority in an episode like this.
But of course, you're the expert on how to choreograph a decent fight scene, so I really shouldn't be arguing about that!

Anywa, I looked at the pics and i didn't fond the animation that great.
HEY, LETS LOOK AT SOME STATIC PICTURES TO JUDGE HOW FLUID AND CONSISTENT THE MOVEMENT OF THE CHARACTERS IS!

The hole 'Hikari Volcano' thing was unnecesary.
Who the hell cares? It was just a fun bit of wacky visual humour. What, would you have prefered it if she just stood there, yelling in some static pose against the bland gym interior or something? Or is struggling to appreciate a decent attempt at injecting some creativity into the show's animation just too much to bear?

Seriously Kinetico, if there was an award for 'most infuriating, obnoxiously opinionated pokémon fan', you'd be getting the gold.

zeno48

Zaker!
Did satoshi really do well in indigo plateau, win orange league, do well in the johto league and whirl cup, save the world a couple of times and win the hoenn league and battle frontier challenge? Did he really beat regice. Guess I must have mistaken him for someone else.