• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Gruff Act To Follow (484)

Weav-vile

Totally!
So wait, this surprised you yet all the plot twists in Hoenn didn't? Yep.

Ash losing to Brawly, throwing a temper tantrum, and then spending a training arc on Dewford wasn't a surprise? What's so surprising about that? I didn't say I was surprised by Ash losing to hyouta, I did say I was surpresied by the good episode I had just watched. Team Rocket got a hell of a grea time on it, that surprised me, and I had a very good time watching it. But, Ash lsing? C'mon, I read spoilers, and wins & losts aren't always surprising. Ash beating Wattson in a the blink of an eye with only Pikachu and then returning 10 episodes later to lose to his Manectric wasn't surprising? Why would it be? o_O

Ash not getting all the starters for once wasn't surprising? No. I always knew he was going to get only Treecko since Brock got Mudkip (that was surprising!) and May got Torchic. Why on earth would Ash have a Pokémon his partners already had? Ash actually training and evolving his Pokemon wasn't surprising? ??? That's what he's supposed to do, don't you think? I gotta agree Hoenn had more evos than usually, but still, the evos were always out-of-the-blues... =/ A greater emphasis on the Pokemon personalities wasn't surprising? That has happened before, AG just repeated this formula, like you say D/P does. May and Jessie both capturing Wurmple wasn't a shock? That was pretty obvious, too. you just had to think a little, huh? just obvious.

Do you even remember any of the above happening? What you think? Of course I do, I watched the w-h-o-l-e Pokémon series till its beginning. Hoenn bothered me, and that's it. =/ I remember ehn May caught that cute Skitty and it always jumped out of its ball, I was so entusiasmatic about it, and... What did they do? Stopped it. They stopped the very first thing I actually loved in AG from happening. Cool. There was tons of stuff they did in Hoenn that shocked people when the episode titles were first revealed, and D/P does the same, why is this so suprising? Only blind people like you, who were so happy that Misty left that could not see the boring and kiddish (yeah, kiddish) thing they were watchig. ;- )

The fact that I actually have to list this stuff amazes me, because the only reason you wouldn't know about this is if you didn't watch much of AG. Oh, really? You can ask me ANYTHING, I dare you to do that, about AG, 'cause I watched that whole boring thing. The.whole.thing.

And, like you love to skip some parts of my replies, I'm quiting this. You're a good writer, you might be cool and all, but... you just won't stop this pointless whole thing.

- Nozomi

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
It was like "Who are you?" and "I don't remember you"

That really reminds me of this ShinjixHikari fancomic I read a while back o.o.

Anyway, this episode was good. The animation was good, the way the battle ended was unexpected, Hyouta seemed better than last episode (maybe because he managed to win this episode =o) and the build up for the next episode was good.

The only thing that managed to annoy me during the episode was my mom asking whether Hyouta was male or female halfway through the episode. Yeah.

Weav-vile

Totally!
He doesn't have to like AG instead of DP, it's not the end of the world.

It's she. You know, previously my brother owned this account, but since he passed away... Well, I'm here. I just gotta change this username now, I don't like it. And I use "-Nozomi" in the end to remark I'm a girl. :- )

D/P has delivered us plot twists, but he/she is saying we never saw stuff like this before in AG.

I'm not! :S
Are you crazy, Cyber? Hell, I'm just saying that I think these series are different, being D/P better. What's so wrong with that? I'm not forcing anyone to believe in what I do, I'm just explaining myself, ok?
Don't get me wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, Kojiro's post woke me up. Let me correct myself: It's better than AG 'till now. It can really get worse and boring too, I gotta wait to compare them for realZ, y'know... But, at the moment, I do prefer D/P over AG.

- Nozomi

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Eh, I consider DP and AG at about the same level at the moment (which is good in my opinion), but DP could either go up or down, but looks as if it may go up if this trend of good episodes continue.
Eh...Cyber?

Your becoming like the Kanto Elitist...except the Hoenn version. o.0

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Eh...Cyber?

Your becoming like the Kanto Elitist...except the Hoenn version. o.0

I disagree, and elitist would be pretending all the new stuff sucks compared to the old.

The D/P series is great, and I've always said the only episode I hated was the one where Ash caught Naetle, because it was such a boring capture episode. But unlike other people, just because I like D/P doesn't mean I'm going to forget all the great stuff AG did as well.

D/P is very well done, they just have to be careful with Shinji and figure out what the hell they're doing with Team Galaxy. The latter doesn't exactly fill me with confidence since we're up to D/P 19 now...

Magical Needle Smash

What sort of trash talk did Shinji give to Ash this time?

After Satoshi's "Leave after you watch my battle!" Shinji chuckled and replied with a "You want me to watch you lose?"

At the Pokemon Center, while Satoshi was wondering how he and his pokemon should tackle Hyouta, Shinji butted in with a "You may be able to win if you copy me."

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
...so what's with Iwane giving Zugaidos those beady lil' pupils? I mean, Zugaidos looked more on-model than it did in Shimura's episode, yet for some bizzare reason he felt it's eyes needed to be completely different. It wasn't a bad change or anything, but it was certainly strange. But anyways...

It was a decent episode, and I found the battles to be fast paced and enjoyable, as they should be. I also liked the speil between the characters before the match, particulary Hikari's outburst of rage, and her concern for Shinji's Hikozaru and Elekid.

From the way things were going, it seemed like Ash was more concerned with putting Shinji in his place, so he could give him a hearty 'Ha! I told you so!', rather than placing his full concentration on the battle. That's probably why the match ended the way it did. Although I think it's important to point out that Onix looked about ready to keel over after being assualted via the debris caused by Pikachu's Thunderbolt, so I'd think it would be safe to say that the Screech used to KO Ash's final entry was a last ditch effort that ended up succeeding.
I also noticed that Ash avoided going for Zugaidos' legs in a similar fashion to Shinji, and instead kept landing hits on it's head. And considering Shinji's comment to Ash in the pokémon center, it seems to further imply that Ash had Shinji on the brain during his match.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, and it definately seems Zugaidosu is NOT succeptible to attacks on it's head, due to it ramming stuff alot.

I wonder if the new strategy to take down Rampard will be to go for the legs? Perhaps Mukkubird could weave in and out of the dino Pokemon's legs, and then slowly wear at it?

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Is this all you came in here to ask about?

Shinji thought Ash was pathetic when he lost, are you doing to think Shinji is the devil now?

Well this is the discussion for the episode, so its reasonable to ask that. It's completely on topic.

Anyways I think that the battle was well thought out, and that Ash had made poor choices in the beginning of taking out Aipom against Hyouta's strongest pokemon but all in all it seemed pretty cool.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Saw the episode, I liked it alot. Seeing my favorite pokemon lose (pikachu) is not really a good thing but I dont mind it. It put up a great fight against both Zugaidos and Onix. The animation, music and the battle as a whole (including naetoru vs. zugaidos) was very good. Loved the part where Pikachu uses quick attack while Zugaidos uses flamethrower and pikachu jumps up and continues its quick attack to get close to Zugaidos and then Iron tails it right in the head. I like how Iron tail was animated at that part.

I agree Gravy, I was also thinking about that while watching the battle.

I know this doesn't belong here but I agree with the people who think that Ash's rematch will be a double battle and he'll use Pikachu and Mukubird.

pikachu146

I can't believe Ash didn't win! Shinji won,but Ash didn't. Ash has already lost to Shinji several times, now proving he isn't as good as Shinji.

Naetoru defeated that Zugaidosu,which is great.But Pikachu lost against an Onix? It had already beaten won at the Pewter gym,now Pikachu is much more skilled,how can he lose?
After Naetoru and Pikachu got wiped out by Onix,why didn't Ash continue?Ash still has an Aipom left,that can finish it off with Focus Punch!

Ash is not smart enough,he should use Pikachu to weaken Zugaidosu,and kill it with Naetoru,then Naetoru can beat Onix and Aipom can kill Geodude. Hope he can win in his 1st rematch,and won't have to rematch 2 times(when fighting Brandon).

zeno48

Zaker!
Oh.My.God.

Hey now, Zeno. What's wrong with losting a battle, even though you've just won a GREAT and difficult one?

Can't an Elite 4 member/leader lost a battle? Can't the best trainer in this funky world lost a battle? Can't Ash lost? Goshhh, things happen!

I.don't.get.you.people.who.always.complain.about.nonsense.things.

Really don't.

- Nozomi

You want me to tell you what is wrong! Well here I go. I wanted ash to win because I always expect it from a trainer of class that he is. When I watch a battle I tend for that person to give everything he has. Ash to me showed a poor display off battle skills and had to switch 3 pokemon to take down hyoutas dino pokemon. He was doing well with pikachu but he really messed up that's what the gym leader took advantage off and managed to stay calm and focus during the whole battle. Some cualities and aspects that ash by now should already have, but he does the same thing and does not realize his mistakes and manages to get caught in his own web, but now we are in shinou.
His accomplishments and triumphs led him there and I expected better from him. But no he loses and shinji for some reason managed to pull off a win. Okay so how does this happen. I mean all that hes gone through and all that he has learned really makes you think of this as pure rubbish. But really there is no excuse for this and now that I have seen ash lose I really have some doubts for him. But as someone said above that regice battle was a little cheap but to see this happen I mean come on.
Well overall the battle was okay and shinjixhikari seems to be my favorite paring. Does anyone know what shinji said to hikari by the way? Hikari's face priceless.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Before you literally decide to diss Satoshi, think about it, yeah I know it's disappointing and downright embarassing that Ash is doing so badly in Shinou so far, but since he's having a rough start now he may later on just start the ownage many fans are so anticipated to see. We can't just keep seeing him win so often, it would be boring, the same exact thing is happening to Shinji right now. Everyone is starting to get tired of him winning all the time.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I can't believe Ash didn't win! Shinji won,but Ash didn't. Ash has already lost to Shinji several times, now proving he isn't as good as Shinji.

Naetoru defeated that Zugaidosu,which is great.But Pikachu lost against an Onix? It had already beaten won at the Pewter gym,now Pikachu is much more skilled,how can he lose?
After Naetoru and Pikachu got wiped out by Onix,why didn't Ash continue?Ash still has an Aipom left,that can finish it off with Focus Punch!

What the Hell are you talking about? Did you even see this episode, hell did you even bother to read any of the previous posts.

First of all Aipom was used first and it lost to Zugaidos, therefore Ash couldn't use him after Pikachu lost. Pikachu lost to Onix because it battled Zugaidos first and was weakened quite a bit and then it battled Onix. It put up a great fight against both of them. Its pretty stupid to assume that Pikachu will beat any Onix because it beat one at the pewter gym about 450 episodes ago and that was also due to the sprinklers turning on.

Ash has not lost to Shinji SEVERAL TIMES. They have battled twice and one was a draw while the second battle Shinji won (hikozaru vs. Naetoru). Ash had to lose that match not just because of disadvantage but because it was naetoru's first battle. Besides Hikozaru lost to Ash's aipom the first time they battled, the writer's weren't going to have Hikozaru lose twice in a row to Ash. If you saw that match you would've seen that Shinji was not pleased with his win cuz Ash put up a great fight and Shinji thought it would've ended sooner.

Sorry if Im sounding rude but you have to see the episode before making quick judgements.

zeno48

Zaker!
I feel sorry for shinji. He had to sit through that poor excuse of a battle only to waste his time. To bad pikachu got him to sit back down. If I was him I would have left right away. The way I saw it made me feel like, god is this kid for real!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Heh.....not only is Shinji a creep, now he's a creep who dumps his unwanted Pokémon on unwitting targets. This is the kind of stuff that makes me happy the Ash/Shinji rivalry is getting so much attention---he's easily triple the rival Gary ever was, and the poor excuses for "rivals" at the end of Hoenn like Morrison didn't even come close.

I must say I was surprised by two things---first, when I saw the pics I thought Zugaidos would trample Ash on its own. Then I was surprised that my prediction of Zugaidos evolving into Rampard was wrong.

Next week's got me hopeful. Looks like it's going to be at least semi-TR based, and the "Big Charge of Ancient Pokémon" seems to be coming from some sort of botched TR scheme (see: the weird machine that releases Aerodactyl in the preview) I guess Hyota's gonna be in there saving the day, since he gets Rampard in the episode, even though you know Ash is always the one to get in the last strike.

One other thing: I LOVE how the Kurogane Gym is getting so much attention. What's it got, at least four episodes between those aired and slated to air? ("Hyota vs. Shinji," "Zugaidos vs. Pikachu," "Big Charge of Ancient Pokémon," "Return Battle! Vs. Rampard!!") I sure hope they continue developing the cities, gyms and Gym Leaders like this, beyond the old "Ash arrives in town, meets Gym Leader, blasts off TR, wins badge" formula.