• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Hot Water Battle! (169)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Hot Water Battle!

While playing, Ash's Pokémon's Master Beach Ball gets stolen by some Aipom. Trying to get it back, they inadvertantly get lost in a cave. Can they get out?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode reminded me a lot of the movie shorts (and "Turning Over a Nuzleaf"), with most of the attention being on the pokemon and not so much on the twerps or Team Rocket. It had a lot of funny moments, like the three pokemon pulling on each other's faces, the pokemon blaming Meowth with snorlax (LOL), and Totodile dancing as it broke itself free from the sand pile. :) Ash and Brock's funny falls into the hot springs were great too. It's not the best of episodes, but at least it's amusing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Haha, Aipom's debut in the anime. That little b*stard, who knew they'd make such a big deal out of one 6 seasons later?

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
This episode was boring...but fun. ________________________

Lol, an Aipom steals something from Ash, since he gets his own "stealing" Aipom much later :p

I think it was a great episode. It's one of my all-time favorite "Pokemon" episodes. By the way, as I recall one of the scenes from that episode, Ash was about to play with his inflateible Master Ball-like beach ball with Pikachu and the rest of his Pokemon and friends. Then there was somthing I thought was unusial, ASH HAD MUSELES!!! He even looked really cool in those green swiming trunks. For a 10 year old kid, he sure knows how to exersise! After all, he wants to be the greatest Pokemon master that's out there.

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
I remember watching this episode one friday afterschool.

I was happy that there was some kind of cameo of a Master Ball, even though it was a Beachball. Guess Misty/Kasumi keeps it somewhere, maybe another dimension.

This was a nice filler, even though it focused mostly on Ash's Pokemon instead of Ash.

It was pretty funny when Chikorita and Totodile started fighting and they all pull each others cheeks.

I thought it was cute when Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquill learned to get along and worked together to get themselves out the cave.

My favorite quote;

Ash: The Pokemon sure are having a blast, arn't they Misty?

Misty: If you ask me, it looks like their fighting.

(Shows Pokemon pulling eachothers cheeks)

Ash: (To Pokemon) Hey guys, Misty thinks your fighting. Let's show her she's wrong and get that ball!

(Pokemon runs away)

Ash: (To Misty) See Misty, they get along just like we do.

Misty: (With worried expression) I sure hope not.

That part made me laugh!

I overall rate this episode four stars.

Last edited:

Battra

A nice episode focusing on the Pokemon alone especially the Johto starters, I enjoyed it.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I don't know why an Aipom stole the ball from Chikorita, but I loved the relationships with it and Cyndaquil. And yes, I loved it when Team Rocket got carried away by a large wave going to the river and fell in the falls thanks to a wild Snorlax. too bad, Ash and co. isn't the star of the episode.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
just another episode where ash is being robbed by pokemon, it's a bit too much if you ask me, it's still pretty decent but i've seen better.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I like watching how Ash's pokemon interact with one another. I found it amusing watching Chikorita be with Totodile and Cyndaquil. I also thought it was funny when the three Johto starters blamed Meowth for waking Snorlax. I also laughed when they were fighting and pulling each others faces. I liked Aipom in this. I thought it was cute for them to steal the beach ball.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I think the way that Totodile helping Meowth, even though he was the bad guy, was so adorable!! It was funny when Cyndaquil used Flamethrower on Snorlax. I'm like, "Woah. I never knew that SNORLAX, of all Pokemon, could jump THAT high!!"