• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Hurdle For Squirtle

It's time for the Saffron City Pokémon Contest. May is entering with her Squirtle & Combusken, Harley is entering with Cacturne & Ariados and Jessie is entering with Cacnea. The battles will be tough but will May be able to beat Harley and earn her first Kanto Ribbon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Wait, so Harley and May use 2 pokemon, and Jessie only uses 1? Or does she use one of her own pokemon or something?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it could be quite good! Especially with Ariados and Squirtle involved! :D

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Wait, so Harley and May use 2 pokemon, and Jessie only uses 1? Or does she use one of her own pokemon or something?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it could be quite good! Especially with Ariados and Squirtle involved!
you use two pokemon. May uses Combusken and Squirtle. Harley uses Ariados and Cacturne. Jessie we don't know her second pokemon but, we know she uses Canea we don't know the 2nd one though.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
In battle or appeal? Either way, this will be intresting...
I think battle I mean what could wobbufet do appeal wise. Although Cacnea in the pics looked worried at some sort of attack maybe it had stage fright but, I doubt it.

JazzJazz

ghost master said:
I think battle I mean what could wobbufet do appeal wise.

Wobbuffet being used for appeal would allow for some comedy, it'd probably just come out and say its name (like it does at the end of the motto), leading Jessie to frustration.

R

Risk Alchemist

wow there is a 9th season after Pokemon Advanced Battle??? the season never stop ending do they??? well i can't wait for those episodes but i should enjoy the newx ones anyhow...:D

~Deoxys Lover;386-a;~

E

Ethereal

Deoxys Lover said:
wow there is a 9th season after Pokemon Advanced Battle??? the season never stop ending do they??? well i can't wait for those episodes but i should enjoy the newx ones anyhow...:D

~Deoxys Lover;386-a;~
No...There's ONE season after Advanced Battle, not 9...Unless you meant that, but just don't know how to type correctly. ¬¬

Anyhow, this ep seems interesting. Can't wait to see it on Saturday evening...>_>

<_<

._.

E

Ethereal

Not really. They asked if there were a 9th season AFTER the most recent season in America. That means it was phrased incorrectly. ¬¬

On topic: I hope Jessie keeps her haircut. XD

JONNO.FRESH

this looks like a good episode. Cant wait till the summary

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Seen the pictures, and that is NOT what I expected to happen! Then again, it never is....

Anyway, Ariados beats Wobbufet, Squirtle beats a Crobat I think, hard to tell from the pictures, and then Squirtle beats Ariados in the final, earning May her first ribbon. Woop-de-doo. Hopefully next time, Harley will use Banette instead of Cacturne.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Joe said:
Seen the pictures, and that is NOT what I expected to happen! Then again, it never is....

Anyway, Ariados beats Wobbufet, Squirtle beats a Crobat I think, hard to tell from the pictures, and then Squirtle beats Ariados in the final, earning May her first ribbon. Woop-de-doo. Hopefully next time, Harley will use Banette instead of Cacturne.

Are they ever going to allow the villian to win. They need to give the villians some glory occassionaly

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why did they ever bother to make Harley a main rival if all they're going to do is have May beat him all the time? They're basically turning Harley into the one "May always beats."

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
CyberCubed said:
Why did they ever bother to make Harley a main rival if all they're going to do is have May beat him all the time? They're basically turning Harley into the one "May always beats."
Like somebody said in the spec. thread though, if the writers made Harley win, then they'd have to make something good happen to May, to kind of 'cushion the fall', if you get what I mean.

But, yeah, I would like Harley to win at least once, we know he can win contests, because he was in the Grand Festival, so why not win in a contest that includes May?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Grr...I was seriously praying for Haruka to lose this one, as a lesson to never be so naive to take Harley's advice again, Besdies, a still-young Squirtle beating up a Crobat? Even with a new moveset, it doesn't seem very feasable. It's like Super Skitty all over again. Now we can call it Mutant Ninja Squirtle (Oh God...that was horrible) or something.

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
Harley lost again, this time a puny baby Squirtle. Now the writers are really making Harley into a weakling. All I can say is this: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Harley is the most ill fated coordinator of all time. DAMN YOU WRITERS, FIRSTY SHAFTING THE **** OUT OF SCEPTILE AND NOW THIS!!

If May was in a real contest she'll lose (and I mean GBA contests, Skitty would be nervous or having black hearts instead of ubersweeping).