• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
As soon as Squirtle fired off Ice Beam, Ariados was immobilised. Of course it couldn't fight back. After it unfroze it had the icy webbing to deal with; with no foothold, it still couldn't do anything. The ending of the battle happened so quickly, I can't think of a moment when it could have shot off an attack.

Heracross

Custom User Title
it could have shot off a web at any moment to keep it from falling. Sliding down a frozen web doesn't keep it from doing that.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
It was struggling hard just to keep its footing. Shooting a web might have worked, but the right solution doesn't always occur when you're panicking. I've noticed that Harley tends to freeze (no pun intended) when the tide of a battle starts to turn against him. He usually opens with a strong offensive, but whenever May manages to deal some damage back, he gets flustered.

Last edited:
V

Volt Tackle

Jo-Jo said:
But Harley only just caught Ariados, surely, or else he would have used it in the Grand Festival. It's probably not much more experienced than Squirtle. I'm not at surprised that May won. And at least she was in trouble for the first half of the battle - Harley got her down to less than half her points without taking a hit himself. Buuut I guess I should resign myself to the inevitable b*tch-fest from the May-haters all the same. Sigh. *goes to make popcorn*

I'm not sure if it's pointed out before but the reason Harley didn't use Ariados in the Grand Festival because he lost to May in the first round. He didn't get a chance to use it.

What were the attacks Cacturne used in the appeal?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Volt Tackle said:
I'm not sure if it's pointed out before but the reason Harley didn't use Ariados in the Grand Festival because he lost to May in the first round. He didn't get a chance to use it.
That's a good point. But unless he was saving it up for a tough opponent, a la Drew's Flygon, then it's a bit strange that he didn't use it at all throughout the Festival. Cacturne and Banette did the appeals, too.

Water Master David

Master of Blastoise
Three words for you: COOLEST CONTEST EVER!!

There isn't much better than Harley's Ariados getting schooled by May's Squirtle.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was awesome. It was funny when Jessie collapsed after Cacnea hugged her for too long. Another funny part was when Harley was having a blast playing around with Wobuffet.The part with May using her bandana in the 1st round was awesome. The TC was kind of cool. Just one question. When Harley had Squirtle on a Spider Web he had Ariados charge at Squirtle. Did I hear wrong or did he command his Ariados to use Double Edge?

Rudoku

Your mom
I finally got to see why everyone hates Squirtle. That was the crappiest contest win I've ever seen (I thought it was the Eevee/Marshstomp battle). One attack killing 50% of your points?

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
Anyone else notice Jessie performed in this contest without cheating? First time I can remember she performed while following the rules.

Also, she didn't try to get revenge by threatning to steal the pokemon who beat her.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Rudoku said:
I finally got to see why everyone hates Squirtle. That was the crappiest contest win I've ever seen (I thought it was the Eevee/Marshstomp battle). One attack killing 50% of your points?

Ariados got frozen solid by the Ice beam, what do you expect?

Aside from that, the rest of the Contest was excellent. Harley Vs. Jessie was one of the funniest parts of the episode.

halloweenghost

I don't see why everyone complains about May's squirtle.. so what it is strong... some pokemon just are... Ash's pikachu is stronger then some as well when he first got it.

anyways.. I think Jessie had the best appeal IMO, the pin missle effect was great

Volt Tackle: Harley's appeal moves were cotton spore with needle arm..

Last edited:

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
You know, I recorded the episode using my WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION! If you want a copy of the file, PM me with your email address. I'll send it over via email.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
That was just as disgusting in motion as it was in still pictures, maybe even worse. Ariados is such a cool customer until it's on ice, then it's a idiot. Oh, the cheapness.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Did Jessie call Harley a mushroom-head? XD

Squirtle vs. Ariados...eh, my feelings are about the same as everyone else's.

For the second week in a row, they had a good Trainer's Choice, though I actually got this one right. Too bad it came at the very tail end of 4Kids' run. Speaking of which, is the finale going to be held over for the entire summer? There's no episode next week.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Am I thinking of a different episode, or did they totally cut Sonansu flying in from the ceiling and getting freaked out by Ariadosu's Scary Face? If not, which episode is that?

Anyway...Harley was fabulous in this episode. 4Kids is so awesome at dubbing him. His famous "Hello-oo" made a return in this one. Musashi looked better than usual in this one...maybe it was the haircut.\

No comment on Zenigame's win.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
You're thinking of the next Harley episode which will be his first appearance under PUSA's watch.