• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

Thriller

Its almost time
The difference is the phantom was a weak child who just started doing Contests and so he wasn't as experienced.

Harley, on the other hand, has been in numerous contest before this one.

Ludicolo's Depression said:
So now we have one final epispode of the season. Anyone know when it will air?
This was the last one under 4Kids control i believe.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
This episode makes me furious. I hate du ex machina wins; I hated it for Skitty, for the "eletric coating", and admittedly I hated a lot of it in Kanto, but what makes me hate this more is the fact that Squirtle is disgustingly cute and cloying. Kind of like too much chocolate cake you know? Its so sweet it makes you gag

Judai Yuki said:
This was the last one under 4Kids control i believe.

No the fighting dojo episode is I believe.

alyssa

<3 Cutie;
may is my favorite trainer on pokemon and also misty

Medea

Excalibur
You put your left foot out, you put your right foot out!

H-O-L-Y Crap!

This episode just proved my point about Harley being as gay as spring time. Now I'm a little piss'd because, I had to tape this episode and it got cut off during Harley and May's battle. But luckily, I saw this a couple of months ago online (in japanese though but great none-the-less). And now, I may say that I F-ING HATE THAT SQUIRTLE! And I will continue to hate that Squirtle for a while now. And now if I may...

You put your left foot out, you put your right foot out!

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Maybe may tought Squirtle ice beam with a TM. I mean squirtle can learn ice beam by TM...

Or do TM's not exsist in the show??

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
Yamato-san said:
Now, you wanna try telling me how Zenigame vs. Ariados (or Zenigame's "development" in general) wasn't cheap?
Nobody's saying Squirtle isn't cheap, they're saying it's not cheaper than any other Pokemon on the show (virtually all the main characters' Pokemon have pulled off some real doozies when it comes to deus ex machina victories)...

Gouryujiin said:
Awww, poor widdle Harly got his a*s handed to him by a "baby"

I swear to God. People are only sh*tting kittens over this because it was Harley that lost. If it was anyone else there would be no upset.
That's exactly what I've been saying.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
CyberCubed said:
Yamato-San what are your thoughts on the other parts of the episode like I mentioned?

CC, I suggest you look earlier in the thread. I already posted my thoughts when the episode aired in Japan... as you could tell, I was bordering on the brink of insanity at the time. But looking past that, I did state that I absolutely loved the rest of the episode, and things seemed to be going great up until Zenigame used Ice Beam to break from that web. It was a good episode, but the ending killed it, big time. The ending dragged it down so much that I actually put it on my list of least favorite episodes in this one thread. Yes, I would rather watch a dull-as-hell Jouto filler than kill my sanity (what's left of it, now) watching that horrible display. The ending is just that f***in' awful.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Just out of curiosity, I've been hearing around these forums that pokemon will not be airing anymore after the epsiode "Pasta La Vista." Is this true? If it is, what about all those other episodes that Japan has already seen? Will they air in the US at all?

Geodude

*sigh* No, that is a lie. If you've learned that much from browsing the forums, you should have also learned that Pokemon USA has taken over the dub, starting next season. The next episode is merely the last one that will be dubbed by 4Kids.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I'm surprised no one has brought it up. But it Ariados' webs are anything like spider webs, the tow lines (the non-sticky lines) would be as strong as steel cables. So Squirtle's recoil should not have broken the webbing.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
good point, I did hear somewhere that spider thread is actually more sturdy than a steel thread of similar thickness. However, I'd let that one slide, since animations quite often portray spider webbing as this more easily-breakable rope-like substance. Hell, if we wanted to bring some realistic web physics into this, we'd also have to consider the adhesive substance and how it wouldn't have been so easy to trap Zenigame like that in the first place (unlike what's portrayed in animation, webbing is not always sticky with spider feet having the magical ability of not sticking to it. Adhesives are actually applied to specific parts of the web, and the spiders have to tread carefully to get to their prey, or so I've heard).

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Funny...this scenario is going to happen the exact same way in the future with another one of May's Pokemon. Yet, it doesn't get HALF the backlash that Squirtle has gotten.

I was satisfied about how they explained how Squirtle couldn't control its Ice Beam (omg, Snorunt couldn't either!)

Aldrius

Orange Champion
How hypocritical of people to be angry when their favourite character(/chartacter they like) is cheated of a win by a sudden burst of confidence from Squirtle, when Squirtle's meter was at 50% while Ariados was at 100%!? I bet if Harley was a character you didn't like you'd be okay with it. You all disgust me... *sarcasm meter explodes*

Eh, I sorta liked this episode. I liked the match between Harley and Jessie... hehe. "Someone do something!!" Makes me wish I could watch it in Japanese. D=

Geodude

Interesting point about the webbing, but just look at how often Spider-Man's webs are broken/destroyed, depending on the situation/comic/show you're looking at. I don't think it's common knowledge just how proportionally strong a web is.