• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Hurdle For Squirtle (421)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Geodude said:
Interesting point about the webbing, but just look at how often Spider-Man's webs are broken/destroyed, depending on the situation/comic/show you're looking at. I don't think it's common knowledge just how proportionally strong a web is.
Most of Spidy's villians possess super strength and can produce a lot more power than a turtle that masses in at a couple kilograms being thrown back from an Ice Beam recoil. A Stellar Converter maybe but not an Ice Beam. Need I bring up the second movie in which stopped a speeding train?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode has it up and downs to me. The ups were the first half when Harley, Jessie, and May performed.

Harley's display was cool and creative, at first I wasn't sure that was Needle Arm until I watched it again.

Jessie's display was crazy, and that gotta hurt. I laughed how after Max said something about the appeal, Pikachu started to scratch his head or something. That was cute and funny, and at the end when Jessie fell from the shock she had to withstand.

May's appeal was cool how Combusken tied her bandana.

Then in the beginning of the second half the battle. Jessie vs. HArley battle was crazy. They didn't do anything, and get a Yellow card. Kind of cool and it reminded me of the World Cup since at the same time they were playin a game.

The downs, is that SQUIRTLE!!!!! To be realistic, I'm sorry but May's Squirtle can not be that strong, no wonder why everyone hates the little crybaby.

Then one of the judges in the contest got me annoyed that he always say "How Remarkable" Does he anything more to say, it just annoyed me on Saturday.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, Harley's still a no-good lowdown revenge-seeking-for-no-reason jerkwad to me, but at least the scene with him and Jessie was one of the funniest scenes I've seen on the show. :D That's probably the first time in ages that I was laughing so hard that I wasn't watching the screen. It was great to see Jessie use Wobbuffet for the second round, even though that's how things ended up. :D Jessie and Harley's sniping at each other was also hilarious ("At least I don't have a mushroom on my head!"). I LOVED the appeal with Cacnea too. Impressive for a pokemon that hadn't even been in a contest up until that point. I liked how everyone felt Jessie's pain, and then Jessie showed up as the mummy girl after. LOL

May's contest was good, but I do think she won a bit too easily. Well, I wouldn't want her to lose to Harley (err, right now...), but I think they could have written her win a bit better. I don't think Jessie stood a chance this time, but I wish May's win had been more convincing. I do like Squirtle, though. :)

Overall, 7/10.

Geodude

SOS! Its Not Healthy.. said:
Then one of the judges in the contest got me annoyed that he always say "How Remarkable" Does he anything more to say, it just annoyed me on Saturday.
It's the same in the original. In Japanese, he always says "Ya suki desu ne," ("I like it"). During the stalemate between Harley and Jessie though, he said "Suki ja nai desu ne," (sp?) ("I don't like it,") the first time he's ever said anything different. :p It got dubbed as "Not remarkable at all."

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Geodude said:
It's the same in the original. In Japanese, he always says "Ya suki desu ne," ("I like it"). During the stalemate between Harley and Jessie though, he said "Suki ja nai desu ne," (sp?) ("I don't like it,") the first time he's ever said anything different. :p It got dubbed as "Not remarkable at all."

Wow, thanks even though I wasn't expecting a response, but I didn't know. I never seen any of May's contests in Japanese, so eh, but just in this contest it got to me. I don't know why, but it did, and usually I don't get annoyed from something that is shown many time before.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
And here comes Squirtle with that magical Ice Beam to save the day, just as expected. >_>

There were some cool appeals in this episode. Interesting to see how Cacturne's Needle Arm works.

I don't like reviewing late. You forget most of what you were gonna say. :/ 7/10.

NoDot

Gone
Um... quick question: was Harley's line about the contest being rigged in the original, or was that dub added?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I think Harley did mention about the contest being rigged.

Battra

Yes May got her first Kanto Ribbon, I really liked how May used Squirtle's Ice Beam to free it from Ariados's Webs great thinking on her part. The voice acting by the original VA's is top notch.

Meh, this contest episode was okay. I think the battle between Wobbufet and Ariados could have been better. I thought Ariados losing to a baby Squirtle was pretty stupid, as Harley is better than that.

Knight_Ram

To start things off, Jessie looked great with short hair. And I lol'd at the fact of Jessie trying to have a sympathy over the audience to get to the next round.

It was great how May had Squirtle stand next to her while showing off her Combusken during an appeal round to boost Squirtles confidence. But it was another common show from May and Combusken...

The battle between Harley and Jessie in the second round was very funny. No one doing anything because they both knew the consequences to each others moves. But I guess it was well deserved with the yellow card.

I was glad that Harley knew what attack to use against Jessie by using his Ariados's String Shot. I lol'd when May had a serious look on her face saying that Harley was "Really, pretty good" when all he was doing was making Jessie's Pokémon a puppet of Ariados's String Shot.

It was great to see the battle in the final with May and Harley and Harley starting it off with a combonation of String Shot and Scary Face to scare Squitle from attacking. I didn't understand how that ugly Spiderweb attack got points taken off of May. It was ugly... The nice Ice Beam attack that released Squitle from Ariados's Web attack was good thinking. But the unrealistic sliding of Squitle from the web was silly...

I agree with Harley about the contest being Rigged. lol! 7.9/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hmm, great contest. one of my favorites, i really love Squirtle.

Jessie wasn't able to control her pokemon, it was funny how Ariados "danced" with Wobbuffet...

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Historically, one of the best Contest episodes in all of the Pokemon anime.

Harley's Cacturne's combo with Pin Missile and Cotton Spore was beautiful, it looked like a tree. Jessie and Cacnea's combo was painful to watch though, literally.

Loved that Squirtle used Ice Beam to freeze Ariados' webs making it look dazzling. 10/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode, Jessie did look good with short hair that short hair anyway.
I found it a bit unfair that Lillian gave Jessie a yellow card, does she know anything about Wobbefeut? Jessie can't attack unless someone else does, I think that makes them idiots (Well Jessie is an idiot for using Wobbefeut in the first place. Harley was quite smart however to use defensive).

May's revenge lol, that will teach Harley for almost making her miss the contest. Squirtle wasn't too bad but she could have practiced it more.