• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A hypothetical Gen 6 PMD game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
While I can see most of the responses asking for the balancing of highly respected story, gameplay (ala Explorers or Red/Blue Rescue), and overall music, which I can really agree, what would end up for me is on "What" themes could be possibly implemented both in story AND gameplay.

In the narrative perspective, I remember like how many threads had I posted as to what serious or very deep themes could be used for the next PMD. Why do I see it like this? From looking and reading quite a lot of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Fanfics on Fanfiction, in most cases, some writers just felt like making their own versions of PMD stories just as deep as The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter, and others alike. When I imagine a very deep and world immersing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon story, it would be something like this trilogy written by wolf expert (I see his trilogy being one of the most popular PMD fanfics currently):

a. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Investigators
b. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Legend of the Dark Reader
c. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Dragons of Theria

It made me see that some popular video game narratives should not always stick to the common perspective on what is "Mature". Though I love game plots when they can tell dark, serious, and baffling themes on a game targeted to a young demographic audience, like The Binding of Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.