• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Jolting Switcheroo! (819)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dedenne is Pichu and Pichu is Dedenne...!?

While resting on their journey, Bonnie accidentally switches her bag with the bag of another girl. Both girls keep a Pokémon in their bag, with Bonnie getting the girl's Pichu and the girl getting Dedenne. Ash & Co. decide to look for the girl who now has Dedenne in order to exchange the Pokémon back, but with only a vague description, the search may be tricky. Will Bonnie be reunited with Dedenne?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking in a forest.

Clemont is talking to Bonnie about something and now the group have stopped.

Ash takes a bite of an apple and then continue walking.

Bonnie then notices that Dedenne has gone missing.

Bonnie is on the side of Ash and co. before the title card pops up, which makes sense since the episode revolves around her.

Ash and co. then find Dedenne staring up a tree in the forest and Bonnie picks Dedenne up, before they head off to the Pokemon center.

Bonnie is with Dedenne on a bench in the center, next to a girl with a similar looking pouch.

Bonnie sees a woman in the center ands asks her if she will marry Clemont.

Dedenne goes into the other pouch I think, or the girl picks up the wrong pouch and she leaves with the girl that Bonnie was talking too, probably the girls mother or older sister.

Ash and Clemont are now battling on a battlefield near the Pokemon Center, with Chespin battling Pikachu.

Bonnie is sitting down with her pouch in her lap and then a Pokemon pops out of it and it isn't Dedenne.

The Pokemon is a Pichu.

Pikachu electrocutes Pichu for some reason and then someone from the group uses there Pokedex on the Pichu.

The group then head back to the Pokemon center to try and find out where Dedenne might be.

The two girls are walking through the town and they soon stop, as the older girl is talking to some other girl.

Dedenne then pops out of the little girls pouch and then she wanders off to some alley in the town.

Ash and co. are still searching for the Dedenne and then Ash thinks he has seen something, so he runs off with the others in tow.

Dare Da? Pichu.

Ash runs around the corner and catches up to who he thinks is the little girl who has Dedenne, but it is a man carrying a present, that looks like the little girls hair and bow.

The group splits up, talking to people throughout the town, asking them if they have seen the girl.

The girl is now on a park bench with Dedenne and she has now put a red bow on Dedenne, kind of like the girls bow.

She then walks off and Ash and co. are now at the bench, where she recently was.

Pikachu and Pichu are running around together, playing. Pikachu runs up a nearby tree and gives an apple from the tree, to Pichu.

Bonnie seems a bit upset, so Pichu runs up her and rubs its face on hers.

The little girl has now stopped at a store and looks through the window, looking at Pokemon plushies.

Clemont shows off another one of his inventions and mentions something that happened earlier with Pikachu and Dedenne.

Clemont's invention uses Pikachu's electrical waves to be sent throughout the air, so that Dedenne can detect them and find Ash and co.

The invention soon blows up though, but after that, a voice is heard.

The girls older sister of mother notices Pichu and Pichu then runs towards her.

Ash and co. tell the girl about their situation.

The little girl is walking through a field of grapes and then Dedenne shows up, bringing the girl some grapes, but a Beedrill goes to attack Dedenne.

Dedenne then electrocutes the Beedrill and then the girl thinks she is safe, but more Beedrill show up.

Soon after the other Beedrill show up, Ash's Pikachu uses a Thunderbolt on the Beedrill.

Pikachu and Dedenne team up to finally send the Beedrill packing.

The little girl lets out a big cry.

As the sun sets, they are all having a meal on a table on a field of grass.

Bonnie and the girl try to sneak off, but the others notices and then Clemont and the girl's sister chase their members playfully.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The episode starts with our friends walking across a bridge over a stream..
- Clemont and Bonnie talk a bit, Bonnie is a bit sad about his lecture on perhaps nurishment?
- Fennekin is out as well, chomping on a stick, while Ash gives Pikachu a bite from an apple..
- They hit a stride, but suddenly.. Dedenne is missing?!

Opening... The titlecard focuses on Bonnie.
- Obviously, they're searching for the gerbal..
- Serena finds it at the base of a tree full of fruit..
- Bonnnie picks up Dedenne, saying she was worried...
- At the pokemon center, they talk to Nurse Joy for a bit...
- Bonnie notices the woman with green hair and obviously suggests Clemont as a possible partner for her..
- Her daughter actually takes Bonnie's bag on accident, which was conveniently placed right beside it..
- A quick battle between Ash and Pikachu and Clemont and Chespin.
-- Iron Tail to the face..
-- Vine Whip is dodged..
- Pichu's ears pop out of Bonnie's bag, it leaps out and it starts to cry and shock Bonnie, Serena covers her and takes the shock.
- Clemont and Ash obviously stop battling and Pikachu zaps the Pichu to stop it from Thundershocking..
- Serena dexes Pichu..
- Pichu and Pikachu have a moment...
- Bonnie realizes that Dedenne is really gone. Oh my.. Back to the Pokécenter, but the other bag is gone..
- Ash tells Bonnie that everything is going to be alright. lies
- They question Nurse Joy.. Yeah, she's likely a thief..
- We move across town to the mother and her daughter.. And then I couldn't follow it anymore...

After a long while of fixing streams and what not..
- We see our group in a pinch in a park searching for Dedenne, while Clemont has an idea.
- Pikachu and Pichu are still best buddies.. Going in an appletree... nomnomnom...
- Though Bonnie is still a bit sad... Pichu huggles it...
- We move across town to the mother and her daughter.. don't break stream..
- The daughter sees a bag in a shopping window, and now she's bought a toy Dedenne with a ribbon, or is it?
- Back to Clem's plan! They're going to do the static-electricity tracing that they've done a couple a times with Dedenne, but reverse it.
- Pikachu uses T-Bolt while attached to Clem's machine and it actually seems to be working! Dedenne reacts and immediately goes on the hunt.
- Pikachu needs to give more electricity for it to work properly, but now overrides the machine completely.
- The mother notices the explosion.. And she came running and has found Pichu! Yay! Now.. Where's her daughter?
- Bonnie's without any pokemon now.. :(
- Btw, I don't know if its her daughter or little sister.. -.-
- The little girl is chasing Dedenne across a berry plantation.. Is there going to be an episode about this gluttonous Dedenne?
- Beedrill suddenly pops up when Dedenne is stealing fruit, but shocks it..
- And then more Beedrill pop up.. The girl trips!?! But we here a loud 'CHUUUU!!!!' Of course Ash and co find them in the middle of nowhere.. -.-
- And the stream broke.. I think the Beedrill are defeated.. Now the girl is crying, probably out of happiness of having refound their partners..
- Ash is hungry.. They have a meal with the six of them... Bonnie and the girls are friends.. End of episode.. :p

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
No Team Rocket for two episodes in a row. Seems nice how this series goes the BW route for TR's appearances.

and to add this episode might be good if aimed for children less than 10, it seems to be like a kids episode until the beedrill part

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Episode was too cute for me. The crying by the two girls in this episode was a highlight, showing that though they do things that children don't often do, like travel with Pokemon or what-not, they are still children after all. Of course, to relieve tension what was needed for a comic relief. No harm done.

I like how XY anime (I do not know for other reasons for long have I stopped watching the anime after the end of DP) features the mundane lives of people in this fantasy world, giving an air of grandeur that makes it seem that though we follow our hero the world is still very big. This is increased by the towns the group visits having many people walking around with or without Pokemon, busy with their own affairs. Also, visiting this grape farm and the nearby countryside with its far off rolling hills in the distance to the authenticity of this feeling. Moreover, adds to the "foreign" aspect of the region Ash is visiting: it truly feels like he is in France.

When will the Beedrills be redeemed? I wonder.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
The older girl is the younger girl's big sister, not her mother. She calls her "onee-chan". They were a sort of parallel to Citron and Eureka.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
The older girl is the younger girl's big sister, not her mother. She calls her "onee-chan". They were a sort of parallel to Citron and Eureka.

Of course, it would be too weird if Bonnie asked Lenna to marry her brother if she already had a child, right? R-Right?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No Team Rocket for two episodes in a row. Seems nice how this series goes the BW route for TR's appearances.
For now, I feel like XY has been a culmination of most of the positive aspects from the past seasons:
  • OS- Quailty of writing for each episode
  • AG- 4 person group dynamics & one person getting each starter
  • DP- Ash acting more mature and serious
  • BW- Team Rocket not acting like complete idiots all the time & not appearing in every episode

As for this episode, I knew it was going to be cute since it was a Bonnie episode, but at least it wasn't so cute that it felt disgustingly sweet

p96822

Evolve me please
Why did Ash use Flicthing to scearch the city to find Dendene? This is the same problem I had with the last episode. It would have been easier to find Dendene in the air then on the ground

Rohanator

I'm just loving the fact that they're using remixed music from Best Wishes. There's a couple anime original battle theme's that I really hope will show up sometime down the line (both were used in Ash's first battle with Trip). Just adds some variety. I wish they had bothered to do this in the first place in BW, but oh well.

I really enjoyed this episode, Eureka is lovely and some nice character interactions overall. They brought up an issue of her over feeding Dedenne with snacks so that it gets full before actual dinner(I like how they included Serena into that as well, she's learning new things too), I guess that's some development.

And I gotta commend XY for making even that short training session look very cool, dat Vine Whip tho.

Also I love how oblivious Dedenne seemingly is to everything, it just wants to get fed lol.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Was it just me or Lenna is someone who is challenging the Gyms as well. Since she was discussing regarding Gym Battles with that girl she met.

If its right then we might see them again in a future episode.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Why did Ash use Flicthing to scearch the city to find Dendene? This is the same problem I had with the last episode. It would have been easier to find Dendene in the air then on the ground

Probably because they didn't want to use the same schtick over & over again, and completely treat Fletchling like most of Ash's regional birds

Hikatoshi26

A cute episode indeed. It was a eureka focused episode so that was awesome for but I do find it weird dedenne has fought more time (3) than Fokko has (2). I need Eurekato propose to more women though its much more adorable that Brock and Cilan every was with there love affairs...Now on to the next one.