• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Jolting Switcheroo! (819)

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A nice episode and all the better because Pichu was involved, I just love that little guy. Also, more clemontic gear so that was entertaining too.

Good episode, not outstanding though but it entertained me nonetheless. On to the next one!

thetamale

Again I noted the inclusion of a non-Kalos native Pokemon, Lilligant isn't even in the Friend Safari. I'd say this confirms the hypothesis that the XY anime will make full use of the national dex, I was hoping XY would be more like DP.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That's what I'm hoping for, too, since the Kalos dex isn't all that large. It gives more oppritunity for other Pokemon to appear. Like Pichu in this episode for example.

Not a bad episode, just not an exciting one. Bonnie's marriage gag is just as great and not fleshed out like Brock's flirting.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
(rages that Team Rocket did not appear again) In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something. At this rate they may lose track of Pikachu all together, unless they create some kind of radar or go to each gym beforehand and wait to try and ambush Ash and company.

This. A realistic yet funny solution of the mystery behind Team Rocket's not so frequent appearances between episodes.

But the true solution is one: writers' decision.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Did CN switch the times I timed recorded the ep and I got Johnny Test instead of Pokemon.

Lady Umbreon

Edit: Strange as this sounds, my favorite part of the episode was when Lena was chit-chatting with her friend on the street. They were talking about gym badges the way real women talk about work, men, and shoes. Little touches like that add a level of believability to this world of lightning mice and fire-breathing chickens.

In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something.

An interesting idea. James' family had houses in every region before Unova. So maybe he had some familiarity with those regions' geography and could guess Ash's destination.

Did CN switch the times I timed recorded the ep and I got Johnny Test instead of Pokemon.

Yeah, they pushed it back to 8 am. They still show the previous week's episode on Sundays so you can catch it next week.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Was this the Kira Buckland episode? The little girl sounded like Christine Marie Carbonos at times and other times she did not. So not sure who did the girls.

On a side note! PICHU IS SOOO DAMN CUTE!

Blood Red

【推しの子】
(rages that Team Rocket did not appear again) In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something. At this rate they may lose track of Pikachu all together, unless they create some kind of radar or go to each gym beforehand and wait to try and ambush Ash and company.

Pichu feels like a poke that we should see a lot of but I cannot remember the episode when it got introduced. (beside the movie of course)

Team Rocket, lose track of Pikachu? Trust me, we ain't that lucky yet.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode was okay, I didn't enjoy it though but that's mostly because I don't like Bonnie.

I got that too, luckily my friend recorded it though.

zhixun

This filler is unsatisfactory for me. Just there were two kids got swapped with their Pokémon for the sake of introducing Pichu. Also the crying at the end was a little bit exaggerated in my opinion.

Awful episode. Bonnie was pretty unbearable in this one for some reason to me, and on the English dub side of things...good god, was this one just plain bad. Alyson Rosenfeld's "crying" at the end in particular was some of the lousiest, most fake acting I've ever heard in anything, Sarah Natochenny's voice for Ash was so rough and deep at times and it was even more grating than usual, and the woman with the Green Hair sounded more like a man than a woman at several point. Easily one of the worst episodes in the XY Series-- this is what I hope we don't see more of from Bonnie.

47.5/100

NPT

Just a member
A Jolting Switcheroo!

Bonnie was adorable in this episode, as she always is. The issue of her constantly feeding Dedenne and Clemont advising her not to. She's certainlly learning to take care of Pokémon skills, and one day she'll be able to use when she becomes a trainer. The same could be said for Serena sincet since she was feeding Fennekin a twig. Bonnie's proposal to Lena was kind of cute. It's nice how she mentioned Clemont's Gym Leader status to try to make Lena go for him. I still find it funny how Bonnie thinks she takes care of Clemont needs someone else to do the same. That's kinda cute in a way.

After a while, the whole switcheroo mess happened. I think that Lyn is the real problem here. I felt bad for Bonnie when she said Dedenne going missing was her fault when it was Lyn who took the wrong bag without checking it first. Then she runs off without telling Lena about her problem when she clearly could have helped her. And later just stares into the sky and doesn’t even notice Dedenne running off. Oh and don’t forget that she wanted to take Dedenne with her for a moment. Luckiliy Lyn realized it won't be fair if she takes Dedenne away from Bonnie. I mean, I know she’s just a little kid and all, but she seems really absentminded. But at the same time, she’s cute. I like how she put the ribbon on Dedenne and liked how they matched. It was nice to see Bonnie sad over Dedenne's being lost and Pichu cheering her up. Meanwhile, Dedenne ran off on its own and Lyn lost sight of it. Geez, How in the world did Dedenne get in that store anyway? In fact, why is Dedenne running off so much? That's something Iris's Axew used to do in XY.... so I don't want writers to give Dedenne the same character trait. Though I must say, I like how they use Pikachu and Dedenne's electricity communication as means of locating each other. With this, it was great that Dedenne got to battle the Beedril. The writers once again reminded us that Dedenne is Clemont's Pokémon.... but I think it would've been better if Bonnie could have commanded Dedenne rather than Clemont.

I liked the scene where Bonnie and Lyn were crying and Clemont and Lena were comforting them. It was nice to see how much they missed their Pokemon and were sorry for not being more attentive. Lyn seemed to like Dedenne a bit too much, even to the point of wanting to keep it for a moment, but at least she realized that it would have been selfish to do something like that. It was also kind of weird to see Dedenne running away so much, even falling asleep inside a store, given how it's been close to Bonnie.

Overall, this episode was pretty good. the parallels between Bonnie and Lyn were interesting. Both of them love Pokemon and will call almost any Pokemon cute and want to take care of one. I really like the fact that Lena ran into that girl and they had the conversation about the Cyllage gym and how they hoped to battle each other again. That was a good detail showing how other characters also challenge gyms and also have rivals, something we rarely get to see with these minor COTDs. The English dub of this episode was good, but the dub music sucked. TPCi really needs to stop overusing their synthesized dub music in the episodes.

More often that not, it seems like Bonnie tries to set up Clemont with women that are a bit old for him.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
There's not really much to say about A Jolting Switcheroo! Bonnie's Dedenne and another little girl's Pichu get switched up by mistake, and the gang's got to bring them back to their respective owners. Since there's not much substance to this episode, I just wanted to mention here that I really like Clemont and Bonnie's interactions--it feels like a real brother-sister relationship. Both characters have plenty of personality and are natural additions to Ash's ever-changing entourage. I don't know how popular this opinion is, but I also really like Clemont's and Bonnie's dub voices and believe that their respective voice actors give the best performances out of the entire cast on a consistent basis. Dedenne is also straight-up adorable and has my favorite dub voice of any Pokemon on the show right now.

The episode itself was pretty boring because of the plot alone. I think the writers made the best episode they could from a rather uninteresting story, for what that's worth. It was nice to see palpable emotions present once again, with Bonnie displaying visible worry and sadness. Adding emotions makes the characters appear be much more than cookie-cutter archetypes, like they have often felt like in the past. XY's done a great job of injecting emotion into many of its 21-minute installments--it definitely makes the episodes and the characters' arcs much more compelling.

Grade: C+

Pikachu52

Cute. Really cute. I loved the scene where Pikachu is playing with Pichu and Serena says they look like a small family. It was adorable.

*Frank*

I liked this episode even though it was a total filler. Got to see more interaction with Bonnie and Dedenne for the first time

JudySpell

Banned
Because Dedenne is my least fav Pokemon in the group I was secretly wishing that Bonnie would keep Pichu. This was a time consuming filler over all. 5/10