• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Journey of Souls-Pokeshipping, PG-13

Rubn Alq

I have no Title
10/10 priceless chapter...
The last time I read a sad pokeshipping history was like... 4 months ago. And really this chapter brings a lot of memories to me.

As he looked over the horizon though, Ash suddenly saw something catch the corner of his eye. He turned around abruptly as his heart leapt inside of him. There was nothing there…
He could’ve sworn though that he had just seen a blue winged red dragon fly by quickly with something indistinguishable riding on its back.

Hmm... why Ash sometimes sees something flying just after an adventure? (Remember HO-OH? Mew at the end of the first movie?)

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
Hey everyone how's it going? :D Just felt like dropping in since I had some free time here. I'm glad you all liked this chapter a lot. To be honest I wasn't really aiming to make a sad chapter, more like a dramatic one... But anyway, I`m glad you all liked it even if it was a bit lengthy. ;p So far I've been enjoying my vacation and I`ll be returning back to America on Monday so there I can give a better reply, but for now, I'm happy for the positive reviews.

Also I can't believe your back Artemis! Great to see you back, I'll review your story once I get back. ;)

See you all later on Monday!

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
I know it's a little soon to be wondering, but are you using the same Gym types as the Johto Region?
1st-Flying
2nd-Bug
3rd-Normal?
4th-Ghost?
and so on and so forth?

el_toro

Superfly
Well I'm back for good now! :D Time to answer sime questions...

I know it's a little soon to be wondering, but are you using the same Gym types as the Johto Region?
1st-Flying
2nd-Bug
3rd-Normal?
4th-Ghost?
and so on and so forth?

No sir, that's all just coincidence because that never really came to my attention. In fact, this region has four more gyms than the standard 8 for each region. Why is that? Each section of Muntein holds 3 gyms. Four sections in Muntein x each gym in that section=12. Elementary my dear Watson! ;)

Rubn Alq said:
10/10 priceless chapter...
The last time I read a sad pokeshipping history was like... 4 months ago. And really this chapter brings a lot of memories to me.

Quote:
As he looked over the horizon though, Ash suddenly saw something catch the corner of his eye. He turned around abruptly as his heart leapt inside of him. There was nothing there…
He could’ve sworn though that he had just seen a blue winged red dragon fly by quickly with something indistinguishable riding on its back.

Hmm... why Ash sometimes sees something flying just after an adventure? (Remember HO-OH? Mew at the end of the first movie?)

Glad this chapter brought you nostalgia, it's nice to see people personally connect with your art. ;) As for the double post, only you (and the mods) have the power to delete your own posts, there is nothing I can do about it my friend. *points to the 'Edit Post' button located at the bottom right of your post*

Considering how many people have responded, I'll only say thank you very much for your comments, especially yours shadow_shipper since I was anxious to see how much you would like it. As for your character trickedout, you'll see him the next chapter and then you can judge him. ;)

Thanks to all once again, I'll update as soon as I can.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Hey el_toro, I'm back. I didn't have time to really review, I've been busy, you know going to Trenton and then my churches Bible Camp/School, so I had to skim through. I'm sorry. Anyway, I really liked your chapter and I felt a little misty eyed at one point. I liked both new characters and I was happy with the lack of grammar and spelling mistakes. I especially liked how Ash got a little jealous. Looking foward to the next chapter *and my character*.

Last edited:

qwerqwer

it's a nice chapter. i liked the instances of humor in it a lot like that part about ash and misty wandering along in a forest. however, it was a little long and i felt myself losing interest as i read. still, good work!

el_toro

Superfly
Well I figured it's been a while since I did an update so here we go, but first some replies:
Hey el_toro, I'm back. I didn't have time to really review, I've been busy, you know going to Trenton and then my churches Bible Camp/School, so I had to skim through. I'm sorry. Anyway, I really liked your chapter and I felt a little misty eyed at one point. I liked both new characters and I was happy with the lack of grammar and spelling mistakes. I especially liked how Ash got a little jealous. Looking foward to the next chapter *and my character*.
Glad you liked the chapter from what you saw, to be honest, I was especially happy the way Mark turned out. With Tamara...meh, I wish I could've added more to her, but it would've just extended the story for no apparent reason.

Like I said, your character is going to be coming a bit later than the others (sorry!), I'd probably guesstimate 7-8 chapters more, at minimum. :/ Sorry about that...
it's a nice chapter. i liked the instances of humor in it a lot like that part about ash and misty wandering along in a forest. however, it was a little long and i felt myself losing interest as i read. still, good work!

Yeah, I got that sensation too when I was proofreading the chapter. Maybe I had included too much detail, but never the less I'll try improving on it in the future to either make the chapter shorter or cut the details to the bare essentials now.

Now onto the update:
I'm 17 pages into the new chapter and I'd say I'm about close to the halfway point. I've got it all planned out now, the only thing left to do is to write the damn thing.

The first half of the story deals with introductions (lots of characters in this story as well as the introduction of a major group) and build up to the second half.

The second half is most action and suspense as things erupt and situations get hot. A basic plot summary of the chapter would be this:

Ash and Misty are on their way to Venox, their next destination for the Pokemon Gym, but upon arriving at the entrance, find that it's closed for the day. They decide to sidetrack and go to the nearest town where a festival is taking place where a touring acting group has arrived. In midst of all these festivities though, there is evil happening and it seems to have affected both Ash and Misty as they get in a fight. But that's not the least of Ash's worries...

The rest you'll have to wait for 'til I get it written up! :D

List of Requested Appearances
MistyLover
Chaos Emperor

That's it for now, hopefully I won't get distracted this week and be able to finish this chapter so I can continue on with this story. ;)

el_toro

Superfly
OK well I've finished Chapter 15! :D I guess I'll post this up since I think it might take me another long wait to finish up Chapter 16 so I might as well post this chapter up.

This chapter has Ash and Misty on their travels again after the tragedy in Cerebrall Village. Just as quick reminder. ;) There are no new pokemon in this chapter (unfortunately...), but I DO guarantee that the next chapter will feature at LEAST one.

Chaos Emperor and MistyLover make appearance in this chapter as Kevin and Aziz, respectively. Also, you'll see a character in this chapter that speaks in a weird dialect: it's my best attempt at a Cockney accent in case if you were wondering. :p

Here it is!

Chapter 15-Puppet Theater (Chaotic Beginnings)

The starry night was now upon them. Everything was tranquil in the surrounding forest as Ash and Misty continued walking side by side together, not having stopped from their travels from Cerebrall Village. Pikachu had fallen asleep and was resting in Ash’s backpack as Misty continued to lean heavily on Ash, her leg failing her to be able to move on its own due to her injuries. Though Misty didn’t exactly mind…

She yawned loudly breaking the silence and the stillness of the night. Ash could see that she was very tired as she was practically falling asleep on his shoulder and felt tired as well. He searched the pockets in his jacket and quickly pulled out the map after he had managed to convince Misty to finally let go of it a few hours ago. He quickly skimmed over the map as they stopped in the middle of the dirt road so he could see better under the moonlight. As his eyes passed over their location then to Venox Village, he saw that they were only a mile away from reaching the town. He then decided it was best to set up camp now so they could start the new day tomorrow anew and rejuvenated. Ash led Misty into the forest until the trees surrounded them. He stopped in a clearing in the forest a few feet from the road. He decided it was a good site for them with few rocks on the ground and a wide open space enough for them both to sleep comfortably.

Ash helped Misty into her sleeping bag and she smiled gratefully at him as he pulled the blankets over her chest. He smiled back and she ruffled his hair playfully.

“Oh Ash, you’re such a good boy!” she said playfully. He blushed and turned around quickly, hiding his face as he climbed into his sleeping bag. Once again, they were encased in silence as they gazed up at the beautiful night sky. The stars were scattered in multitude across the sky and shone brightly at the people on Earth. It was one of the most beautiful sights Ash and Misty had ever seen; a night sky unadulterated by light pollution, shining in true brilliance. Slowly, the brilliance of the sky was beginning to fade away from each of their eyes as their eyelids began to close slowly until they finally succumbed to the weight of sleep.
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
The sun had risen and the day had begun. Misty quickly awoke when she began to hear noises faintly in the distance. Ash, being the heavy sleeper he was, was still sleeping, snoring loudly as he clung onto his pillow so she quietly got out of her sleeping bag to check out what was happening.

She walked out of the forest only to find herself facing a crowd of people, all looking over each others shoulder, wondering what was happening ahead of them on the road. Even Misty arched her neck in order to see what the hold-up was, but the crowd of people ran on for a long distance. It seemed that something had happened at the entrance to Venox Village…

“What’s going on?” Misty jumped at the sound of the voice. She turned and saw Ash rubbing his eyes sleepily as he yawned loudly.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that!” She hit him on the arm and he rubbed his arm sorely.

“Ow! What was that for?!” She simply shook her head and stood on the tips of her toes to try and get a better look farther down the road. Soon enough, Ash’s interest was piqued and he began to join her in her search. They both gave up though and they walked back to the campsite, wondering about the crowd. Ash sat down on his sleeping bag and pulled out a can of food while Misty was busy combing her hair.

“Ash you’re going to eat right now?! Can’t this wait until after we check what’s happening?” Misty said irritatingly as she pulled down hard on her hair with her brush, straightening her messy hair.

“You should know by now Misty! A hungry man never waits!” Ash declared triumphantly as he chewed his instant food loudly. Misty simply rolled her eyes as she continued combing her hair. Pikachu awoke from beneath the sleeping bag Ash was sitting on and walked to the side of his trainer.

“Hey buddy! How are you doing?” Ash said happily as he tickled his pokemon underneath the chin much to Pikachu’s delight. After a few minutes of preparing themselves, they left the campsite and joined the crowd of people on the road, slowly pushing their way ahead.

“Ash, make sure you don’t get lost in this crowd…Ash? Ash!” She turned around and saw that he was being sucked back into the crowd by two very large women who were blocking his way. He stuck his hand out between the two women and Misty grabbed it and began to pull him through them. After a brief struggle, he flew out between the two of them and crashed into Misty. They were so close to each other that each of them could feel each other’s breath on their face.

“Let’s keep moving shall we?” Misty said awkwardly, her eyes wide open upon seeing how close she was to Ash. She threw Ash off of her and got up, pushing through the crowd again trying to put that whole awkward situation behind her, leaving a confused Ash behind.

They finally reached the front of the crowd, exasperated, only to be stopped by a police officer facing them directly.

“Hold it right there; you’re not allowed to go any fur-Hey wait a minute, I remember you two!” They both looked up at the police officer speaking to them. Sure enough, it was Captain Mike from the previous town with his signature sunglasses on. Behind him was a police car blockade to a heavily forested “tunnel” in which the trees leaned closely to each other while leaving a wide gap between them, creating a tunnel effect. He looked down sternly at them and they both began to feel extremely nervous.

“What are you two doing around these parts anyway?” Captain Mike asked sternly, seemingly forgetting the fact that they were fugitives for their participation in the protest. “Can’t you see that the road is closed?”

“Well we can obviously see that for ourselves, we’re just wondering why it’s closed,” Misty retorted in a way that seemed to touch a nerve in Mike.

“Figures; still putting your nose in business where it doesn’t belong,” Mike responded as he furrowed his eyebrow. Ash’s eyes widened and he looked at Misty with surprise as she did the same.

“Yeah that’s right, I still remember you two from Cerebrall Village…” Before he continued, one of the police officers cut him off as he began to shout something towards his direction,

“Yo Shade, this situation is getting a bit out of control! We got to start clearing people out of here pronto!” Mike nodded in response and then focused his attention on the two young adults in front of him.

“My advice to you two is stay out of trouble. I definitely don’t want to see you ever again under bad terms,” he said firmly. Ash nodded, but the curiosity was still biting away at him.

“So Shade, why can’t we enter the next town?” Ash asked innocently.

“First of all, it’s Captain Mike to you and second of all, you are quite the persistent type aren’t you?” Ash laughed embarrassedly as he scratched the back of his head. He managed to crack a smile on Mike’s face though so maybe he wasn’t as bad as they thought him out to be…

“Well since I see you’re so curious, I’ll tell you. Remember that company way back in Cerebrall, the one that your friend managed to destroy?” They both nodded slowly, the memory of the whole disaster fresh in their minds. “Well after that company collapsed, we began to do a background investigation on them and their other companies around this region, including the one in Venox. It turns out that they’ve been illegally dumping chemicals into the trademark swamp of that village.” So the rumor about the company was true…

“Well after we discovered that little fact, we instantly shut down the operation and promptly removed the company from Venox. Now all we have to do is start pumping the chemicals out of the swamp, which might take a while.” At these last words, Ash’s expression instantly turned into a disappointed one; he really wanted to get that Gym badge… Mike, seeing Ash’s expression, began to respond,

“Aw don’t worry, it won’t take long. Plus, from what we hear, a famous traveling theater has stopped by in the town nearby here.” Misty looked up at him curiously and was now listening attentively. “I wish I could see them; from what I hear, their pretty good. Sadly, I’ve got to keep watch here…” Misty smiled and thanked Mike for the helpful knowledge. He nodded back and watched them leave as Misty grabbed Ash around the arm and began to pull him out of the crowd, and onto the road that detoured away from Venox Village.
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
“Tell me again why are we going to this town?” Ash asked as they walked quickly down the road.

“Oh come on Ash don’t be such a killjoy! Besides, haven’t you always wanted to go see a play?” Misty asked happily with a wide smile on her face.

“Yeah right, that’s the last place I’d ever consider going to…” Ash said dryly, rolling his eyes. Misty frowned at his comment and began to respond,

“You see Ash, that’s why you’ve never had a girlfriend! You’re just not adventurous enough! Girls like it when a guy is willing to explore the world and try different things.” Misty declared matter-of-factly.

“So what do you call this that we’re doing now?” Ash retorted sarcastically.

“That’s not what I meant!” she snapped back impatiently. Ash waited her response with a smug smirk on his face until Misty finally said,

“Never mind, you’d never understand what I’m trying to say…”

“Aha! That’s EXACTLY what I though you’d say! You really don’t have an answer do you?!” Ash blurted out.

“Of course I do!” Misty snapped back. “I just meant to say you’re still the immature brat I knew ten years ago,” she teased with a small grin on her face knowing this was going to touch a nerve on Ash as she walked ahead of him. He stood quiet, but he was still pretty miffed about it as they continued walking down the heavily forested road, not willing to consent to the fact that Misty had won this time around.

“Well at least I had a girlfriend…unlike some people…” he muttered under his breath, perhaps a bit too loudly because sure enough, Misty instantly turned around, wide-eyed in shock.

“Since when did you ever have a girlfriend?!” Misty yelled with bewilderment as well as hidden jealously wondering who was this lucky girl. Ash instantly regretted for saying that aloud. Perhaps it wasn’t the best of times to mention to Misty his old Pallet Town ‘friend;’ actually now that he thought of it, perhaps there was no real good time to tell Misty about his brief fling… He glanced sideways at Misty and could see that she was still waiting for an answer.

“Oh come on Misty, you didn’t seriously believe me did you?” Misty still looked skeptically at Ash until he added, “Remember, this is me we’re talking about here.” Misty nodded in agreement as she mumbled,

“Yeah you’ve got a good point there…”What soon followed was one of the most awkward silences either of them had ever experienced in their lives, each of them fidgeting nervously as they threw glances at each other. In his mind, Ash was extremely relieved to get away with that, though he wasn’t sure if Misty believed him entirely

“Hellllooooo, Earth to Ash!” Ash was snapped out of his daydream and looked at Misty with a surprised look as she waved her hand in front of his face.

“What’s the matter?” he replied completely clueless as Misty rolled her eyes.

“We’re here.” She pointed towards a wooden sign that indicated with an arrow the name of the small town before them: “Syl Village, Treat your City Ills in the Syl Vill.”

“Hmm, catchy slogan,” Ash stated, clearly impressed. They observed the village from where they stood at the entrance. Calling it a small village would’ve been an overstatement. Out of the whole clearing that was before them, there were only four huts and not even a Pokemon Center or a living being around.

“This is it?” Ash said in disbelief. He didn’t think it even needed to be called a village; it seemed to him more like a campsite. Ash was extremely unimpressed with the village as well as disappointed since they wasted a lot of time just getting here, time that he could’ve used to train with his new pokemon.

“Come on Misty let’s go,” Ash said with disappointment apparent in his voice.

“What, you want to leave now?!” Misty replied with shock.

“Well yeah! I mean, what are we going to do out here, pick grass? There’s nothing in this village…” Ash motioned at the deserted clearing in front of them.

“Well we could at least look around!” Misty yelled back, not being able to believe that Ash wanted to leave so soon. He opened his mouth to respond, but something interrupted him before he could even utter a sound.

“Hey! You two! Over here!” They both quickly looked in the direction of the voice calling out to them. A tall brown haired boy appeared from behind the line of trees at the end of the village and was running towards them with an Umbreon following closely behind him as he waved his hand in the hair, baring a wide smile that exposed his perfect white teeth.

Ash looked on in confusion as to who this guy was even though he looked awfully familiar. To his surprise though, Misty’s hand shot up into the air and she shouted a greeting back as she waved her hand quickly. She smiled brightly, which only caused Ash’s suspicions to rise.

“You know this guy, Misty?” Ash whispered in her ear as the brown haired boy continued to run towards them.

“Yeah, why, you don’t?” Misty blurted out, a hint of surprise in her voice as her smile shone out on her face. He shook his head still completely confused about the identity of this boy. “It wasn’t that long ago Ash, are you positive that you don’t remember?” Misty asked again, still in shock. Now Ash was getting frustrated with himself and her and was about to demand her to tell him who this guy was when the boy in question walked up to them.

“Whoo, long time no see, huh?” the boy replied charismatically as he wiped a bead of sweat trickling down his forehead. His Umbreon caught up with him and began to gaze curiously at the group of travelers in front of him, focusing on the Pikachu resting on the dark haired teenager.

“Tell me about it,” Misty replied, her smile still not fading away as she gazed at this man with a great amount of interest. They remained like this for an extended amount of time and Ash still felt out in the cold so he knew he just had to do something.

“WHO ARE YOU?!?!” The brown haired teen looked back at Ash with surprise and confusion mixed into one as he stared back at Ash who had cupped his hands over his mouth.

“I’m the guy you met in Tamara’s Gym, remember?” Ash began to sink back into his memory and began to reminisce on the time they spent in Tamara’s Gym.

“Gym battle, gym battle, Tamara almost gets hit in the head with a chair, Misty almost gets eaten by a bunch of Thermai…” His eyes then widened in revelation.

“You’re that guy that was waiting with us outside, the one that told me I was dense for not knowing Tamara was the Gym leader!” Ash yelled in proclamation as if he had solved a great mystery.

“Yep, and you still are for taking so long trying to figure out who I was too!” the boy replied smugly. Misty burst into a fit of giggling as well as Pikachu who massaged his eyebrows trying to avoid acknowledgment of his trainer. Ash’s face burned in humiliation again. He was bested once more by this complete stranger, in front of Misty no less.

“The name is Aziz, nice to meet you.” He extended his hand towards Ash and, though he still harbored ill feelings to him for making him feel stupid, he still wasn’t the type of person to be rude so he shook his hand reluctantly. “And it’s especially nice to meet you!” He turned towards Misty quickly and smiled brightly as he took her hand and grasped it in his as she turned a faint pink.

Ash looked on at them confused and he began to feel a sensation inside of him that seemed to grip him and squeeze an unknown place in his body; it felt as if it was just above the stomach yet below his chest. Whatever this feeling was, it made his resentment towards Aziz even stronger. Pikachu looked at his trainer and could see Ash was starting to get mad so he decided to step in.

Pikachu shouted his name and jumped on top of Aziz’s Umbreon, quickly diverting Aziz’s attention away from Misty as he looked in surprise at his pokemon being ridden by a yellow rodent. He stepped in to try to separate the two, but once he finally did and looked back, Misty was back at Ash’s side, talking to him again, though she was looking at him from the side of her eye.

“So what are you guys doing later on today?” Aziz asked, rejoining them once more.

“Well we were going to check out the theater that’s supposedly here-” Misty began.

“But we don’t see it anywhere,” Ash continued, as he searched around the practically empty lot.

“You’re not going to find it around here,” Aziz remarked sarcastically. Ash immediately turned to Misty and shoved his finger in her face.

“See I told you it wasn’t around here!” he shouted. Misty, not willing to back down, turned to Aziz and asked nicely,

“But if the theater isn’t around here, then where is it?” A smile crept across Aziz’s face and he replied simply,

“On the other side of this village.” Ash looked around quickly, but all he saw were the same four huts and the surrounding trees.

“What other side?! This is the whole village isn’t it?” Ash said feeling as confused as possible.

“Not quite,” Aziz replied slyly and he turned around and beckoned them to follow him with a wave of his hand. Ash looked at Misty and she shrugged and began to follow after him with Ash closely behind.
They finally reached the corner of the clearing and with awed looks on their faces, Ash and Misty understood what Aziz meant by ‘the rest of the village.’

A small town hidden behind a wall of trees stood before them and with every second, every detail of the town seemed to unravel before Ash and Misty as the sun’s rising rays fell upon the darkened town. Everything about the town was a wide open space with groups of people wandering about exploring every facet of the town and its various huts. Close to the center, an old building stood prominent over all of the other houses in the town, its age clearly defined by its fading colors and cracks in the side. At its base, four old wooden wheels held up the building while two large metal stakes on each side of the large building held it in place in case if anything happened. The building in general resembled that of an old Mexican church with faded brown paint, a square design, and red roof tiling with curved shingles. Hung over the arched entrance was a huge sign that read ‘The House of Chaos.’

Overall the town gave an air to that of a passing festival with groups of people wandering about, the grass beneath their feet slowly giving way with the dirt showing itself, and trash littered throughout the dusty ground of the town. Various volunteers who sacrificed their time in order to pick up after the uncaring visitors to their town were seen scattered about with long sticks that held a pointed end in order to pick up the trash on the ground so they could place them in their plastic bag. One of said volunteers stopped in front of them and went to picking up a piece of paper when a strong wind suddenly began to pick up, carrying the piece of paper he was going to pick up somewhere far away. The group of teens all shielded their faces with their arms as the dust from the ground began to scatter into the air along with the thrown away pieces of paper. Suddenly, a voice shot out into the air that was heard over the strong gust of wind,

“Hey! My HAT!” Ash instinctively looked up and saw an expensive looking velvet hat floating above his head within his reach. With a quick movement, he grabbed it and held the soft hat in his hand and as he was observing it, someone snatched it out of his hand.

“Aw thanks, you don’t know how much this hat means to me!” Ash looked up once he identified the voice as the one from before. A young man dressed in a black cloak stood before him as he checked the hat meticulously. He wore a golden masquerade mask that covered just his blue eyes as his straight brown hair covered his forehead. He placed the black velvet hat on his head which completed his black uniform: from his black gloves all the way down to his shiny black boots. His costume gave off an air of royalty as his black cape blew in the wind giving Ash the impression that maybe this guy had a lot of money.

“This hat cost me a fortune since it’s one of a kind,” the stranger began to explain. “Plus it’s kind of my trademark; people identify me with this hat.” He winked back at them only adding to the curiosity of the group as they tried to figure who this mysterious man could be.

“Hey Kevin, we’re on in five,” a voice interrupted in a dry tone declared from behind the mysterious man who they presumed to be Kevin as he turned around to the man who addressed him.

“How many times have I told you to call me by my stage name, it’s ‘Chaos Emperor’ dammit! Sheesh, can’t you ever get it through your head?!” Kevin replied in a very annoyed tone at the skinny man who stood before him. Compared to Kevin who was average in height, this man seemed to tower over him. The expression on his face was a very unique one, an indifferent scowl that enhanced the thin features of his face. He had a thin black goatee, thin eyebrows that outlined his thin dark brown eyes with straight black hair that just reached the shoulders of his red velvet jacket and by the way he dressed himself, it was apparent that he was in the same social status as Kevin.

“Whatever, we’re all waiting on you so try your best to be as prompt as you can. I’d really hate for you to be late again,” he added with a sneer as he turned on the heel of his black leather shoes and walked towards the big building that loomed over all the other houses, glancing back one more time.

“Jeez, what a creep!” Misty muttered as she covered her arms, trying to hold back the goose bumps that formed on them. Ash looked carefully at the man as he walked back to the building. There was just something strange about this guy that made Ash extremely suspicious. With the whole group encased in silence as Aziz was lost in thought pondering where he could have heard that name before, the obscenity that Kevin muttered under his breath was clearly heard by all of them which quickly drew everyone’s attention.

“Well I gotta go; it was great meeting you…” he paused, waiting for an answer.

“Ash; and this is my friend Misty,” he added signaling to Misty who smiled back warmly.

“Aziz,” the brown haired boy responded with a simple wave of his hand.

“I’m Kevin, the Chaos Emperor, otherwise the man in charge of the ‘House of Chaos.’”

“I knew it!” Aziz blurted out. “I knew you’re name sounded familiar! You’re also the one that founded the ‘Chaos Incarnate’ group, right?” he asked with unabated excitement.

“Yep that’s ri-”

“What the heck is the ‘Chaos Incarnate’ group?” Ash asked suddenly.

“It’s a group of high profile actors that go around touring the whole Muntein region, putting on plays for each town that they stop in! Everyone in my hometown are such huge fans, it’s an honor to meet you!” Kevin smiled and nodded, humbled at the compliment from Aziz.

“Right, well anyway Ash, I figure since I owe you such a huge favor for rescuing my hat, I might as well repay you with the only thing I’ve got on hand. I know this isn’t much, but it’s what I’ve got on me.” He reached into his black jacket and pulled out two long pieces of paper and handed them towards Ash.

“What is this?” Ash asked as he stretched his hand out to accept the gift from Kevin.

“Two front row tickets to my play!” Kevin responded with a wide smile. Misty’s face lit up in excitement and was about to congratulate Ash when he bluntly said,

“I don’t want to see some boring play.” Misty stopped in her tracks and she yelled in shock,

“WHAT?” Kevin was just as equally shocked, if not, a bit offended for Ash’s attitude.

“Fine then, have it your way.” He was about to put the tickets back in his jacket when Misty leaped forward.

“NO!” She grasped the two tickets in her hand until she realized what she was doing. She looked up embarrassedly at Kevin who had raised his eyebrow and she laughed uneasily as she let go of the tickets.

“Sorry about that, Ash doesn’t know what he’s saying; we’ve been traveling a lot and we haven’t stopped for a rest yet so we’re all a bit tired,” she said with an airy laugh.

“About ten minutes into that boring play outta cure that,” Ash said dryly before yelling out in pain as Misty crushed his foot with her heel.

“So do you think I can still get those tickets?” Misty asked sweetly, pleading with her eyes at Kevin who couldn’t help, but smile.

“Alright, alright, here take ‘em, they’re yours.” He handed the tickets over to Misty who ecstatically received them as she began to thank him profusely. Kevin nodded his head, bid his farewell, and turned around and ran back to the building, leaving the group to themselves once again as the crowds on the street began to disappear slowly, apparently flooding the theaters.

With a quick swipe of her arm, the two tickets in Misty’s hand came crashing down on Ash’s head and he quickly grabbed his head.

“Ow! What the heck was that for?!” he exclaimed gripping onto his head as it throbbed in pain as a fresh bump began to form on the spot where she smacked him.

“That’s for being such an idiot!” she fumed. “You promised before we even started this journey that you weren’t going to be stuck in ‘training mode’ the whole time we spent here!”

“I know that and I’m not! But if I don’t want to see a dumb play and I think I’m old enough to decide if I don’t want to!” he yelled back, the bump now very apparent as it poked through his cap. Aziz and Pikachu gazed on in silence, awestruck as the two of them kept going at it for several minutes, neither of them willing to give in.

“Oh stop being such a baby, it’s just a small bump!” Misty said rolling her eyes as she shook her head after hearing Ash complain about the blow he had received.

“Small?! Small?! You call this small?!?!” He lifted his cap and exposed his bump which had now grown to half the size of his head. Misty quickly turned away from the sight and shuddered at the grotesque sight, but she wasn’t just about to quit that easily.

“So tell me then, what are you going to do if you’re not going to go watch the play?” Misty asked with annoyance.

“Train my pokemon,” Ash stated simply.

A vein throbbed in Misty’s forehead as she clenched her fists, trying with all her might not to give Ash a second bump over the one he already had. She walked up to him calmly and began to explain in a restrained voice what was going to happen,

“This is what I’m going to do Ash. I’m going to the play, with or without you, and I’m going to enjoy it! What you have to decide now is whether or not you’ll come with me or not.”

“What makes you think I’m going to change my mind?” Ash replied coolly, maybe a bit too fresh. She bit her lip and drew a quick breath of air.

“Fine. Fine! I’ll meet up with you once the play is done.” And with that she turned around and walked away from him quickly without uttering another word or looking back as she wiped her eyes with her arm. Aziz quickly followed after her as Pikachu came bounding back towards Ash, leaping onto his trainer’s shoulder. He looked at her walk away, mad at her for taking it that way and mad at him self for acting the way he did.

“Well no use worrying over the past now…” he replied with a heavy sigh. “Come on buddy, let’s go find a good training spot...” Pikachu shook his head in disapproval, but he knew that they’d have these fights since the beginning of the journey; it’s not like this was the first time they’ve fought like this.

He was positive that once the play was finished, they’d make up and everything would be back to normal…
Ash kicked the dusty ground in frustration as he walked aimlessly around the city, supposedly looking for a good location to train. Pikachu let out a worried sigh and asked Ash why he was so depressed as he sat on his trainer’s shoulder.

“I’m not sad, I’m just worried about…my training,” he said, almost letting something slip out before quickly correcting himself though Pikachu knew better than that. He quickly changed the subject and observed his current surroundings. They were now on the outskirts of the village, a wide open space with only an old abandoned building standing before them so Ash decided to do there training there since he needed to clear his mind.

“Go Virgel, you too, Shogra!” They both came out of their balls and Pikachu hopped off of Ash’s shoulder to join them. “Alright here’s the deal! We got another Gym match coming up and from the last Gym match, I can tell we need the training!” Virgel embarrassedly scratched the back of his head as well as Pikachu for each of their lack of performance while Shogra stood silent. “So this is the deal; until the moon reaches the top of the sky we don’t stop, alright?” he said pointing towards the newly risen full moon that was looming over the horizon. Each of his pokemon nodded in agreement and Ash yelled enthusiastically,

“Alright then so let’s start! Oh…but first I think we should move a bit farther away from that building; it looks pretty old and I don’t to go around to destroying it!” he said with a laugh. The group of them started to move away from the building and Ash took one last look at the building as they moved closer to forest. He was about to look away when he turned around quickly, something catching the side of his eye.

A small black figure stood atop the building with yet another smaller figure right next to him, each of them only visible through the light of the moon. Ash stood still looking on in great curiosity as to what they could be doing up there. A bright flash of yellow light erupted from them and for a brief second, Ash saw the taller black figure; a thin cloaked man with a wide hat on, dark glasses, and a black scarf that covered his lower face hid his identity until he quickly disappeared into the building. He turned around and addressed his pokemon,

“Did you guys see that?” Pikachu turned around and looked at Ash curiously; Virgel responded with the same confused look and Shogra was indifferent. He scoffed in annoyance and began to debate in his head whether or not he should follow after him.

“What would a guy dressed in all black have to do with an abandoned building? Is it really any of my business?” He went over each detail until he finally made up his mind and ran towards the front of the building, his group of pokemon taking after him.
As soon as he turned the corner, he saw the cloaked man running while he grasped something in his hand, the smaller figure nowhere to be seen.

“HEY! YOU STOP!” Ash screamed after the man as he took after him, but the man neither stopped nor turned around; he simply jumped into the forest and disappeared amidst the shrubbery. Ash stopped in his tracks and he cursed himself for being too slow.

”What could he have been doing in that old building? Better go take a look…” Ash thought as he turned around, facing the old wooden doors of the building. As he walked towards the building Pikachu yelled at the top of his voice, telling Ash to stay outside of the building. He turned around with a smile,

“Don’t worry buddy, I’ll be alright! Just wait for me out here, OK?” He gave his Pikachu a thumb’s up and opened the doors with a loud creak. Pikachu slapped his forehead for Ash’s stupidity; he had a deep feeling in his gut that something bad was going to happen.
Everything was dark and unbelievably quiet as Ash walked cautiously into the building. From what he could see, it seemed as if he was in a large room with weird kinds of displays in glass cases all around him. From far away, he could see from where the cloaked figure broke in as the moon’s light shined down on the room beneath it. He began walking faster towards the light, his heart racing faster with every step he took.

“WHOA!” He slammed against an old suit of armor and it rocked back and forth as Ash stumbled to catch it until his hands finally got a hold of the armor. “Whew, that was a close one!” he sighed in relief with the old rusty statue safely stationary on its display. He continued walking towards the light shining down from the ceiling; it seemed as if he was following a red carpet on the ground from what he could see as he walked closer to the room. Upon entering the room, Ash heard an odd sparkling sound and looked around as to see where the noise was coming from, but he couldn’t find the source.

He finally reached the light; it was shining down on a broken glass case that rested at the top of a short flight of stairs. Upon looking closer at the display case, he saw that it had been broken into from the side of the case with a large hole glaringly apparent on the side. On the inside of the case was a small stand that was no longer carrying anything and as he looked closer at it, a small card was located on the stand.

“With many thanks to the citizens of Syl Village, we present them one of the finest emeralds mined from the Mineral region!”
–The Staff at the Syl Museum

“MUESEUM?!” Ash yelled out loud.

“FREEZE THIEF!” A voice bellowed out from behind Ash, causing him to jump. His eyes widened in fear, this was not good…

“HANDS IN THE AIR! YOU’RE UNDER ARREST FOR THE ROBBERY OF THE SYL MUSEUM!”

el_toro

Superfly
The grey walls stared back dully as Ash looked back at them, locked in a fierce staring contest which only existed in Ash’s mind. He was lying down on an uncomfortably stiff bed that protruded from the wall and to his right, was a barred door.

He had never thought he’d find himself in a jail.

“Hey you punk, you’ve got a visitor,” a large security guard spat at him with disgust in his voice.

“I’m innocent I tell you! I’m INNOCENT!!!” Ash yelled as he clamped onto the metal bars, looking at the back of the guard as he walked away only to remember that he had company.

“Ash! What did you do? How the heck did you wind up in here?!”A dressed-up Misty exclaimed with utmost worry, looking at Ash as he held the bars like some kind of wild animal.

“What is he doing here?” Ash asked dryly looking at Aziz with bitter hatred as he stood behind Misty, looking curiously over her shoulder at Ash.

“Ash! Don’t be so rude!” Misty scolded him, but Aziz interrupted.

“It’s alright; I’ll wait for you outside, Misty.”

The sound of the metal door closing echoed through the empty hall and Misty turned her attention back at Ash.

“You still haven’t answered my question Ash! There’s a huge crowd outside and they’re pretty riled up over something that had just happened!” Misty said with deep concern.

“Well what did they say?” he asked, a bit curious to hear what the cops said about him.

“Well from I could hear, supposedly someone had robbed the museum a couple of minutes ago and had just been caught…”

“Great, just great,” Ash sighed heavily as he sat back down on the stiff bed.

“Wait, you don’t mean to tell me you robbed the museum?!” Misty exclaimed.

“Of course not! Why would I need to rob a museum? You should know better that that Misty!” Ash retorted back angrily.

“I know Ash, I know…I’m just a bit confused about the whole situation…” she said with a heavy sigh as she leaned on the metal bars, grasping onto one of them with a free hand. Ash sighed and changed his tone, sympathizing with Misty.

“So how was the play?” She smiled back at him and he smiled back as he ran a hand through his dark hair. They had confiscated everything that was his: his cap, his jacket; even his pokemon that they had found outside were being held somewhere in a separate securer area.

“The officers also told me that you kept screaming about seeing the real robber…is it true Ash?” Misty asked softly.

“Yeah…” He then began to recount her everything that he had seen a few hours ago up to the part to his arrest in the museum. “They say that I had disabled all of the security systems in the museum and made a hole in the ceiling after taking the emerald and then hid it somewhere and was about to make my escape when the officers found me,” he finished with a laugh, amazed at the tall tale the officers had invented.

“You believe me…right Misty?” She looked back at Ash who had such a look of innocence that she couldn’t possibly bring herself to say no.

“Of course not Ash, besides…what would you need an emerald for anyway?”

“A lot a reasons silly littl’ girl!” A gruff voice spoke out from the cell across from Ash’s and it startled both of them as they looked across into it. Inside there was a man who was laying down casually on the bed, his head resting on his hand. He, unlike Ash, was dressed in a deep green prison garb with “Syl Prison” written on the front of the shirt.

“Yeah, like what!” Misty snapped back angrily, fuming from this guy’s attitude.

“Like money!” he said with a sinister gleam in his red eyes. His long black hair covered his face, but his thin facial features could still be seen as he walked closer to them. “With a emerold worth a ton a money like that, ‘oo would’n rob it?!” he shouted maniacally with a wide twisted smile that exposed his straight teeth.

“Ash doesn’t need that money! Only maniacs would go out of their way to throwing their lives away for a couple of bucks!” Misty shouted back. He threw his head back and broke out in a crazed laughter, gripping onto his side as he doubled over.

“Oh thas rich! You’re quite the fonny one eh?” he said with a wide smile. He then crept closer to his metal bars and spoke in a softer yet more menacing tone.

“Did’n you know littl’ girl? Money equals power! And ‘oo wouldn’t power ehh?”

“WE don’t need power!” Misty shouted at the top her lungs, literally shaking from the anger she felt in her body. He scoffed,

“Don’ be so absurd girl, everyone needs power, even you!” He said with a menacing tone and then added, “Ackshally, you’ll be needin’ that power right quick! If you wan to save yer littl’ fren there, that is…” With that he sunk back into the darkness of his cell with a toothed grin that sent chills down Misty’s spine. The metal door to the outside of the prison burst open and the large security guard walked in brandishing a Billy club threateningly in hand.

“What’s all the yelling going around here? Huh?!” He pointed the club towards Misty. “Time’s up, it’s time to go.” He grabbed her arm and pulled her away roughly from the cell as she yelled and kicked at the officer.

“Misty!” Ash grasped the bars as he stuck his mouth out from between the bars. “Promise me you’ll get me out of here!” She looked back at him after a pausing for a brief moment from her kicking.

“I will Ash! I wi-” And the metal door closed with a loud thud, silencing her, leaving Ash alone with the psycho criminal across from him. He sat back down on his bed and ran both hands through his hair, extremely frustrated over what was happening to him.

Very faintly, the laughs of the psychotic criminal could be heard…
“Let go of me!” Misty shouted until the guard placed her outside. She snapped her arm away and shot him a dirty look before turning around, only to stop in her tracks as a familiar face walked up the stairs.

“Captain Mike?! What are you doing here?” she asked, drawing his attention from his thoughts to her. He sighed wearily,

“Nothing, I’m just here on backup since they had a pretty rowdy crowd out here… The real question though is what are you doing here? It’s kind of late for a girl like you to be wandering outside.” Now that he mentioned it, it was pretty dark… But that wasn’t the point.

“You didn’t hear what happened?” Misty said a bit surprised. He sighed again,

“Yeah I did…” Then he took a seat on a step and beckoned for Misty to sit next to him. He paused then continued,

“At first I didn’t believe it when they told me they caught the robber when we were at the museum, it just seemed kind of fishy…but sure enough, there came Ash, handcuffed, and followed by a group of officers that beamed for having caught the bad guy. I just couldn’t believe my eyes.” He took a deep breath of air and stared ahead of him, recalling the memories through his dark sunglasses.

“I still don’t believe it to be honest,” he said truthfully as he glanced over at her. “There just didn’t seem to be enough evidence to pin the case on Ash; they didn’t find the emerald, they didn’t find any weapons or gadgets on him with the exceptions of his pokemon. It just didn’t add up! But…we didn’t have a suspect so they had to bring him in…” He shook his head and fixed his cap as he spit onto the ground. Misty looked confused and turned to him.

“But…if you don’t believe it to was Ash, then why can’t you tell the other guys to set him free?” Misty asked with confusion. Mike smiled,

“It isn’t that easy. First of all, these aren’t my men; I may be in charge of one of the biggest squads in Evergreen, but I’m sure as heck not in charge of everyone!” Misty could see his point, but he continued anyway, “Besides that fact, they need to show the public that they caught the culprit. If a robber had gotten away with one of your town’s most treasured items, how would you feel about the officers who protect your town?”

“Good point…” Misty said, resting her head on her hand as she looked out at the forest, growing increasingly desperate with a seemingly impossible situation.

“Even if I tried pulling a few strings, I wouldn’t be able to help your buddy…” Misty looked up at him surprised to hear him actually support Ash. “Unfortunately, I can’t let personal emotions affect my job, its part of the vow.” With that he stood up, but continued to look at the moon as he continued talking,

“What I can tell you though, is a secret, between you and me, alright?” he turned to her and awaited an answer. She simply nodded completely dumbfounded in Mike’s sudden change of attitude. At her response, he took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it.

“Here, go see this guy and tell him you need some ‘backstage passes for the big Chief.’” Misty gave Mike a weird look until he handed her the paper.

“That’s Chaos Emp-”

“Shush!” Mike shouted as he clamped his hand over Misty’s mouth. “What part of secret don’t you understand?!” She nodded and he let go, looking back at her seriously from behind his trademark shades.

“Don’t forget what I said and I hope you and your friend make it out okay.” He placed his hand on her shoulder and added, “If you guys ever need anything else, just give me a call, my number is on the back of that card.” He turned around and before Misty could ask another question, he walked into the police station, leaving her alone with the card in hand.
“Life in prison sure is harder than I had imagined, Ash thought as he looked up at the ceiling of his prison cell. ”I don’t know how people manage to bear this for years; I can’t even manage a couple of hours!” His mind shifted from jail to all the things he could’ve been doing: training, getting stronger, improving teamwork, coming up with new strategies…meeting back with Misty… He paused for a second; he didn’t know where that thought came from. But…he shouldn’t have let something trivial like a play get in the way between them. It was a pretty stupid fight, he had to admit. But now there was nothing he could do…

“If I get out of jail, I promise I’ll behave.” A faint voice interrupted him and he looked at the cell across from him until it stopped. “And I had to get the cell across from some head case who mutters to himself…” Ash thought as the voice returned.

“Lights out, scumbags!” the guard shouted fiercely. Then he turned to Ash,

“Nighty night, don’t let the guard dogs bite!” And he left the room bursting in laughter until he shut the door which cancelled out his obnoxious laughter.

He heard his cellmate scoff and mutter something under his breath that sounded like “what a stuffed son of a-” and then he couldn’t make out the rest.

The crazed cellmate turned to look at Ash as soon as the guard left with a wide grin.

“Oi mate! I’m a bit lonely ‘ere, aven’t ‘ad company in the longest! What say you to a frienly chat?” Ash remained quiet, deliberately ignoring his cellmate since he didn’t want to have anything to do with a guy who couldn’t properly speak English…

“Alright then, don’ say anythin’, just listen.” His cellmate crawled up close to the metal bars on his door and squatted as he looked straight at Ash who was now looking at him out of curiosity. The crazed prisoner drew a breath as he attempted to turn serious, but a smile spread on his face and he began to snicker.

“What’s so funny?” Ash asked a bit annoyed at this guy; he definitely wasn’t in the mood for jokes.

“Nuttin’, it’s jus’…these cops are so bloomin’ stupid! They think they’ve cought me!” He scoffed and shook his head then stood up in place as Ash sat up on the bed looking at his cellmate suspiciously.

“Well…like ev’ry good magishun, I always save my best tricks for last!” He took a brief pause as he positioned his legs in a triangular shape. He straightened his back and then looked at Ash.

“Rememba what I told you befoar’ and you betta make sure you rememba this face kid; you’ll need it in the future!” At his last words, he spun his arms counterclockwise until they reached the middle of his body where he clapped them shut. Thick black smoke erupted from his clasped hands and Ash covered his face as the smoke enveloped him. He screamed and yelled for the guards, but through what he could see in the smoke, his cellmate’s silhouette had disappeared into thin air.

The guards burst into the hallway and began shouting Ash’s name, shouting the prisoner’s name, just creating a huge ruckus as Ash sat down on his bench continuing to cough, in complete disbelief at what he had just saw. His mind couldn’t process anything and everything just seemed to melt together as the guards tore into his prison cell, pulled him out, and carried him out to the station; nothing seemed clear and it all just seemed to blur even more by the minute.

Until eventually, it all faded into black…
“Alright I need you to focus for me Ash. Just look into my eyes alright?” He looked up; the world was just one blur until it slowly managed to focus in on this man’s pupils. Brown eyes were looking back at him concernedly; in a rare instance, Shade had removed his sunglasses and managed to bring Ash back as the boy held a cup of hot chocolate in his hand with a blanket on his shoulders. Everyone was looking back at him with worried expressions; concerned for his health and his wellbeing since they still had no idea what had happened in the hallway.

“You feeling better Ash?” Mike said with concern as he laid a hand on his shoulder. Ash nodded slowly, everything seemed to be in a far off world, but he was starting to get a grip on reality.

“Okay good…” Mike straightened himself and began to pace back and forth as Ash followed him with his eyes, feeling even more lightheaded by the second.

“I know you must be tired Ash, but I need you to bear with me…” Mike stopped and stood directly in front of Ash and squatted so he was directly facing Ash. “I need you to tell me what happened in there.” Ash nodded his head slowly and took a sip of his hot chocolate to find his voice. He opened his mouth to speak,

“I HAVE PROOF!!!!” Ash spilled his hot chocolate on Mike’s face causing him to jump backwards yelling “MY EYES!!!” before landing backwards onto the ground screaming in pain. Officers crowded around the fallen captain, offering him cups of cold water that no one supplied. Misty looked on in confusion wondering what everyone was getting so riled up about as everyone shot her dirty looks and shouts of rage.

“Jeez Misty, didn’t anyone ever tell you how to knock?!” Ash yelled standing up from his chair, now clearly snapped back to his senses.

“Ash?! What are you doing out of prison?” Misty asked clearly surprised to see him out of jail.

“That’s not the point! You practically gave us all a heart attack!” Ash said grumpily as he sat down on the bench. He sighed though and looked up at Misty with a sense of relief. “At least you’re okay though…” Misty looked around and could feel the tension fill the air once more.

“What happened here?”
“Yep, this definitely qualifies as hard proof; there’s no way these could be fake…” the captain of the town’s squad muttered as he flipped through each one of them, moving his thick mustache from side to side. He took a deep breath and stood up from his chair.

“Okay then, you’re free to go,” the portly bald man said as he dropped the pictures on the desk.

“What you mean, that’s it?” Ash said in utter shock. The captain looked from side to side.

“Yeah,” he stated simply with a shrug. “Now if you don’t mind, take your stuff and get out of my office; we have a lot of investigations to do.” He shooed him out of his office and shut the door. Ash turned around and looked at Misty who waited expectantly for his answer.

“I’m free…” he stated simply with an air of disbelief. Misty cracked a small smile, but she was expecting a greater reaction from him…until he began to repeat the phrase over and over again.

“I’m free…I’m free!” He charged up and shouted at the top of his lungs,

“I’M FREE!!!!!!” He burst through the front doors of the police station shouting it over and over as he ran around in circles until he finally got dizzy and fell down, deciding to rest for a while on the cold hard ground of the outside world just to appreciate something that he had took for granted as he looked up at the starry sky.

Misty smiled as she looked back at Ash until Mike placed his hand on her shoulder.

“So I take it you followed my advice?” he whispered with a knowing smile with red freshly burned marks on his face. She nodded and gratefully thanked him, telling him all about the encounter with Chaos Emperor.

“He said he would be happy to help out Ash seeing as how he was in debt to him and said he’d get the pictures promptly done. After a half-hour or so, he came back with the pictures claiming that ‘they were so perfect, not even the counterfeiter could tell they were fake once he was done with them!’” She smiled mischievously and he returned the smile.

“Well you guys better get on your way. The people in this town still aren’t fond of you guys so the sooner you get out of here the better.” He handed her Ash’s backpack, clothes, pokeballs, and his Pikachu who was held in an electric proof cage. She let him out and he happily jumped on her shoulder, patting her on the head as a greeting. She waved back to Mike as he waved back to her as she picked Ash off from the ground as they began to walk away towards the town exit.

Just then she remembered to ask Mike why he was helping them, but when she turned around he was gone. Misty shrugged it off and decided she should leave it off for a later date.

Besides, she had her hands full already with Ash. She smiled at him as Pikachu jumped on him and they began to play wrestle with each other, laughing in amusement until Ash stopped cold in his tracks. Misty stopped as well and was about to ask him what was wrong when a voice ahead of them spoke out,

“So I see things turned out for the best right?” Ash looked at the figure of the brown haired bitterly, the one who called himself ‘Aziz.’ Misty turned around and was a bit relieved to find out it was just him; the story about the escaped convict left Misty a bit paranoid after thinking back to her encounter with the psycho, especially since he had predicted the fact that she would help Ash break out of jail.

“Yeah, everything worked out just fine,” Misty said with a smile as Aziz nodded knowingly. Ash kept quiet, staring back at him spitefully.

“Well then…I’ll see you guys later. I’ve got to go to a town nearby to meet up with some friends who just called me. See you Misty! …Ash.” He waved goodbye and walked off in another direction with his Umbreon quickly following behind him.

“Hmph, good riddance!” Ash pouted with a hint of jealousy.

“Ash! For your information, he actually helped me get you out of jail by dialing Chaos Emperor’s number that he had kept from this evening from the play! Which reminds me…” She smacked him over the head, causing him to fall face forward on the ground.

“That was for ditching me this evening just so you could go Pokemon training as well as breaking your promise!” She yelled angrily as he picked himself off of the ground, rubbing his head.

“I know Misty, and well…I mean it was your…But…” He stumbled over his words until he finally muttered it, “I’m sorry… I promise I won’t do it again.” He looked up at her, evidently catching her by surprise as her eyes were wide open.

“Well that’s a start!” she finally managed to utter. He smiled and she returned it back, only to look away in embarrassment. She bit her lip as she felt her cheeks getting warmer.

“Yeah…I guess it really is a start…”
Far away in a darkened location at that moment in time, a familiar voice spoke out to a figure hidden in the shadows.

“Ev’rythin’ went out jus’ as planned!” the psychotic crook said with a smile as the darkened figure nodded.

“Excellent!” the figure said with a wide-toothed grin. “I’ll have more things in stock for the boy and the girl; for now though, let’s just leave them alone.” He gazed at the green jewel as he held it in his hand as it shone brilliantly in what little light there was. “I have other important things on mind!” he said with a sinister look in his red eyes.

Author's Notes
Well there you go! I was actually pretty amazed at myself for typing up the last half of this chapter in 3 days! That's a new personal best! ;) The plot's starting to develop now (finally!) and from here, it's going to pick up gradually. The main villain hasn't been introduced directly though, but very soon, very soon.

Title Explanation: The puppet theater relates to the fact that they were all just pawns in this guy's plan as if he controlled everyone like puppets. The Chaotic Beginnings part just relates to the fact that the villain's been introduced and his plan has already started.

Well that should be it for now. I haven't started on Chapter 16 yet, but I've got the basic jist of it; it just needs more in-depth planning. So until then, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
Wow, I really loved this chapter, el_toro. It was very well-written, filled with humor, some shippy-ness and suspense. I also liked how you add in OCs to your story, making it feel more realisitic.

I can't wait for the next chapter, 10/10 from me!

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
WoAH! This chapter really kept me hooked! And Aziz made an appearance! lol xD funny how I know who it is... Oh and that was cool how you added "Kevin the Chaos Emperor" LOL!! Anyway....
I love the robbery scene and then the end where the robber ended up working for someone else... Wayyy cool!
The part where Ash screamed I'm free! was hilarious I actually LOLed there. :p

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
urgh...sorry Danny, as I said on Medea's fic, right now, I have a headache, but it's the only time I'll have to review this chapter, so I'll leave a general impression rather than my usual detailed review...

I am sorry :(

The part just after Mike finished his explanations, where Ash said "a theatre is the last place I'd want to go", that made me smile, cause at sometimes, I really thought of Ash as the ignorant type, with no will to go to artisitic expositions and such :p

Wow, Ash actually did have an adventure...with someone from Pallet !
Very interessting detail here, hope it will have some influence.

Chaos Emperor's entry was genius, could the "hint of royalty" part have anything to do with the "king of PokéShipping" ? :D
MistyLover's character also turned out well ;)

Ash not going to the play might have been a serious mistake...cause it doesn't get a more romantic setting (unless, of course, it's a grotesque comedy..there you just have a good time :D )

Finally...a major plot-line besides the usual pokemon training and gym badges quest ! and it's good... :)

really, a fairly good chapter, again, the length killed me at one point, mostly because of this headache, but I am getting very eager as to seeing how this goes :)

see you later ;)

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Nice chapter, el toro. Ash getting arrested was very funny, as was the mutated blow to his head. The chapter gets a 10/10 from me!

el_toro

Superfly
Might as well post a reply since I'm here. ;)

@Orenji-chan: Thank you very much! I'm starting to feel more confident in my writing capabilities, but I know I still need some work in some departments (keeping writing constant, coming up with new descriptions, etc.) I also enjoy making the Original Characters as well as the fan requested ones (more on that later...) so I'm glad to hear that they are enjoyable! :D

@XxM!styxX: That's great to hear that it kept you hooked! :D Sometimes I worry about the length so it's good to hear that my chapters are engaging! :D I also enjoyed that part with Ash as well as the whole museum ordeal! You'll see more of the robber later on...;)

@shadow_shipper: It's no problem! I always enjoy your reviews, with or without examples! ;) I think in the anime, they also depicted Ash as not enjoying those events, though it seems like the most logical explanation for Ash since all he wants to do is train his pokemon! :p Ohh, just wait until you see what I have in store with the plays once Ash finally does get around to seeing them (it is a traveling theater group and everything...). It'll definitely be an unforgettable experience! :D

As for the request characters, I usually base their roles off of a play-on-words on their name! Such as: MistyLover, being infatuated with Misty (you'll see how much in future appearances); Sableye King, a role dealing with ghosts in the future (I won't reveal what just yet! ;)); and you! I'll leave it up to your imagination with what I mean. ;)

@xXPorygonXx: Hey Porygon, haven't seen you in the longest! Glad you enjoyed the chapter! :) I also enjoyed describing the horrendous bump to Ash's head. Who knew that two tickets to a play could be so deadly? :p

Other than that, I'm still waiting for reviews (such as you MistyLover, who even sent me a PM that you'd read the chapter ASAP right after I posted it up!) But until then, I'm still going to continue delving into Chapter 16. I've written perhaps a couple of pages, but I still need to plan out what's going to happen...

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Whoopie, another chapter! 8D

Hahahah, Kevin the Chaos Emporer makes for a very good title. X3

Ash getting arrested...really nice twist. The psycho crook scares the crap outta me, though.

Ash's reaction to being free...priceless. X3

Aziz's crush on Misty...I assume this comes from his title as "MistyLover". X3

And yay to Captian Mike! He's not such a bad guy after all.

I'll be looking forward to the next chappie! Ja ne!

I am so sorry for not reviewing earlier, despite the fact that I finished it the day it was released.

This chapter was brilliant as usual, with your amazing description which makes your readers easily visualize the place. Your dialogue was excellent as well. Ash is being quite a stupid guy, isn't he, treating Aziz that way, despite the fact that he released him from jail...:D You portrayed my character very well, but I would like to add as well that I have a very fiesty personality as well. But other than that, it was an amazing chapter. You know, I know this isn't the first time you heard this from me, but please, be a writer, not just a musician. I just so badly don't want to see all that talent not being put into books...15/10 for the chapter; 150%, A+.

Rubn Alq

I have no Title
Ahhh... there is a well developed plot here, I would say this chapter is a 9/10

I liked this fic from the beginning, It's just so easy to follow up everything that happens in the story.

It's been a long time since last time I come to serebii, so I think my english and my rating system must be a little hard to understand sometimes, sorry for that.

PD: I deleted the double post I made earlier, Im member of some other forums and in those I can't delete my own posts, only moderators can, so I didn't know heres possible that sorry u_u

You wont see me around in about 3 months, this is my only free time since.... well... long time ago.

el_toro

Superfly
I'm baaaack!!

Wow, it's felt like it's been a while since I last posted up here or been on these forums, heh. To be honest, I've had a lot occupying my mind, what with colleges and senior year as well as a bunch of other stuff. It's great to be back...I guess. :/

I don't really have a chapter yet either. So far I've only got what I've been working on, but that's it. I'll just post it up so you can get a taste of it (that is, if anyone is still interested... -_-; )

Chapter 16-Hazardous Rasmus

Ash awoke with a gasp and he looked around frantically as his chest heaved up and down, his body covered in cold sweat. It was now the break of dawn and he had just awakened from a terrible nightmare. He simply recalled that he was being chased by something that he could not see in total darkness until he felt the sensation of falling in the air until he woke up, supposedly before he hit the ground.

He groaned and rubbed his eyes wearily as lay back down in his sleeping bag. He lost all interest in sleep after that dream so he decided he might was well get up and prepare breakfast. He rolled up his sleeping bag and put his shoes on so his feet wouldn’t touch the dewy ground. It was an unusually chilly morning and he shivered from the cold since he was dressed in just his undershirt and boxers so he placed his pants and shirt on.

As he prepared the now customary ‘canned breakfast’ since he wasn’t willing to risk his life to Misty’s cooking, Misty began to stir in her bag once she began to smell the aroma of the canned beans. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Ash hunched over a small fire he had prepared with a can in front of him.

“Hey Grumpy, what are you doing up so early in the morning?” she said as she yawned loudly. He turned and saw her looking at him lazily as she lay in her sleeping bag.

“Well I just had a terrible craving for canned beans so I just had to get up!” he replied sarcastically only to be met by a pillow in the face. She smiled back at him and yawned once more as she got up from bed. She ruffled her hair up a bit as she began to get dressed and started putting away her things as Ash continued to eat away at his beans, still thinking about the dream.

She sat right by him and pulled out her can of beans as well as a spoon. As she began to warm it in front of the fire, she looked at it with distaste.

“Ash, either I start cooking or we buy something else besides canned beans from now on. I’m sick of feeling gassy…” she moaned as she clutched her stomach.

“Well I guess it can’t be helped; you are hot headed and all!” he said with a wide grin. She glared at him for the horrible joke and just stayed silent as she began to eat her beans, not willing to bear another corny joke. After a few minutes of silence, Misty broke the stillness of the morning with a question,

“So Ash what was your dream about?” He looked back at her as she looked at him curiously, can in hand with a spoon full of beans ready to be eaten.

“Well…I know it sounds kind of stupid, but I guess I’ll tell you anyway…

The dream, from what I remember, started off with me running, yelling, scared of what was chasing me. But…I couldn’t see what was chasing me… I couldn’t see anything! I kept running and running and running until…I started to fall. I kept falling and yelling until I finally woke up. I guess before I hit the ground…

After that, I couldn’t fall asleep, or even tried to. I was just too scared to even try…” He looked back at her and could tell that she was deep in thought so he waited a while for it to sink in.

“You know Ash…Supposedly, dreams are supposed to have meanings behind them; you know, as if your mind was trying to tell you something. I think I’ll have to keep thinking about that dream though, I don’t what it could mean…” She remained silent, a bit disturbed by Ash’s dream and what it could possibly mean, but she decided to drop it for a later time seeing as how Ash was starting to worry about her.

She turned to him and smiled,

“Well anyway, I think we should start heading to Venox Village by now; who knows, the whole town might sink underground with the luck we’ve been having!” she said jokingly. He smiled back at her and nodded in agreement as they got up and put out the fire. A few minutes later, they were back on the road and on their way to the town, only a few steps away from the forested tunnel.

“So Ash, how do you think you’re going to do in this Gym battle?” Misty asked out of the blue.

“Well, I know for sure that we’re going to win no matter what!” he replied confidently.

“Oh really? Because from what I saw in the last Gym match you didn’t do so well,” she said slyly, egging him on.

“Hmph, what would you know about battling anyway? I haven’t seen you battle in years,” he replied blushing in humiliation from her remark.

“Well I know that you won’t stand a chance against the water type!” she replied matter-of-factly.

“What makes you so sure that the next Gym is a water type Gym?” Ash said with confusion.

“Simple; it’s in a swamp right? And a swamp is made out of water? Soooo, do the math! Or will I have to explain that too?” she added smugly.

”How can she do that?” he thought in his head, clearly not fully understanding it as they were about to enter the forested tunnel.

“See Ash, that’s why you need me. If I wasn’t here you’d be-” As she spoke, a passing stranger slammed into her shoulder, interrupting her as well as knocking her off balance. She quickly turned around and yelled at the back of the passerby.

“Hey next time, you should look where you walk next time! Usually that’s how normal people do it!” she screamed as the man stopped abruptly in his tracks. He turned around slowly and he was grinning, much to Misty’s surprise. He looked at her with his deep red eyes with a cocky smile. Everything about him reeked of overconfidence: he wore a black jacket that he wore loosely on his tight red tee, tight dark blue denim jeans with a silver chain that hung outside from his right pocket, a gold chain that he wore underneath his shirt, and his black hair was completely spiked at an angle as he leaned slightly from where he stood.

He smirked and stretched his hand out,

“Hey, my name is Dante; I was wondering maybe if you wanted to go out with me, maybe some time later on tonight?” She looked back at him in shock and then looked at his outstretched hand. She smacked it away with her hand.

“What kind of response is that?! You’ve got a lot of nerve coming up to me like that!” she yelled, slightly flustered by his behavior. His expression didn’t change, but his deep voice hinted at annoyance as he turned his head away for a second, muttering something,

“No one ever rejects my offers…” He turned back to her with the same droop-eyed expression. He nodded towards Ash, who was standing behind her looking curiously.

“That your boyfriend?”

“WHAAAT?!?! Of course n-” The back of Misty’s hand came crashing into Ash’s mouth, silencing him.

“…Yes.” Ash looked at her startled from the floor, gripping his mouth as he could feel the blood coming on. Misty’s face was a deep red and she avoided Dante’s gaze, but her voice was strong enough to at least fend him off.

He scoffed and walked past Misty, standing directly in front of Ash as he wiped his mouth.

“Hey you, is that your Pikachu?”

“Yeah, why?” Ash asked as he picked himself off the ground, wiping dirt and dust off his clothes.

“You’re probably a trainer…a trainer not from around here…So…You were most likely invited to participate in the Muntein league through an invitation, am I right?” he smirked, confident that he had guessed correctly.

“Y-Yeah…but, how did you know all that?” Ash asked, extremely amazed at how a complete stranger could know all this.

“It was a simple deducing method. Listen, I don’t have time to explain things, alright? I just want a battle since you seem like a strong trainer,” he replied in a careless tone, since he probably didn’t believe it himself.

“Alright, then, I accept your challenge!” Ash yelled with excitement. “But, I gotta warn you, I’ve already earned two Muntein Gym badges,” he said confidently as he flashed the two badges pinned on the inside of his jacket.

“Oh really, two badges?” he said with feigned amazement. He reached into the inside of his jacket and gripped the pokeball strapped to his belt as he lurched forward.

“Guess I’ll have to go easier on you then…” Ash growled at his cocky attitude and shot his finger forward.

“Alright Pikachu, let’s show him who’s boss!” Pikachu leapt forward from behind his trainer and looked fiercely at the opposing trainer, waiting for his opponent.

That's all I'll post for now. As you can imagine, I want to keep Dante's pokemon a secret for now until I start working on this story more. I'll try and get my lazy butt motivated to continue this story, I really want to finish it since it's been in my head for a while.

Anyway, without further rambling, that has been my update for the last two weeks. Yes I'm still alive and yes this story will continue as long as I have an account on Serebii or until it's finished. :)

See you later!

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
I'm glad to see you're still working on this ;)

And, to be quite honnest, I just love characters like Dante ! You can do so much with them, plot-wise...

This will be good, but I bet he'll wipe the floor with Ash :(

See you soon ;)

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
It's good to see you're back. ^^

Why, oh why is everybody hitting on Misty all of a sudden? XDDDDDD Reaction was funny though. ^^ I'll be looking forward to the rest of the chappie, when you post it.

And you haven't commented on my chapter 10 yet, I think. :(