• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Journey of Souls-Pokeshipping, PG-13

Esperon

An old PS luva!
AWWWW so sweet!!! (last scene)

The bit about the shower was rather interesting...speaking from life experiences? ROFL

oh dear...look what you've done though...you put in the mallet and Artemis is all excited again...*shakes head* but they're right, the mallet is a legend! Does it even appear in the anime or is it something ficcy writers have added in themselves for fun?

8 laps...PURE EVIL!

I would like a bit more from Pikachu though...like where was he for most of the fic? Esp for the last bit, or is he hiding in the corner with a camera and a small cackle? (I luffles my pikapal!)

The fic is going really really well and i can't wait for the next chapter!
Esperon
PS. Could you review my ficcy? Tis a pokeship and written in a similar manner i think (hence I love yours so much i think!) Would really luff more reviews. Thankies!

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
wonderful chapter!!!!! i loved how in character Misty was! with her slamming mallets and disguises!!!! ^^ and then it got all sad and "awww" like ^^ lolz... gr8t continuation keep going sigue sigue sigue!!

el_toro

Superfly
Alright! I'm glad to see you guys are liking this fic so far!
@Esperon Yes the mallet does appear in the anime, I just don't know in which episode :p Don't expect to hear a lot from Pikachu... I'm sorry to say but this fic is focused mainly on Ash and Misty and no one else (hence why Brock, May, Max are not going to be making an appearance anytime soon...) and writing Pikachu into the fic is like writing a third character into the story that sometimes it takes away from the story (at least in my opinion...) I'll try to include him in a lot more, but just to show where he is while Ash and Misty are off doing something :p I'll give your fic a look once I can catch up on writing in this fic, but don't worry, I'll eventually find the time ;)

I'll post some topics from time to time if I feel that I'm taking too long with the fic so here is the first one:
What do you think the dream from Chapter 2 means?
Like all dreams, this one has a deep significance behind it (which is why it's going to come up again ;)) so I'm curious as to what you guys think it might mean.

Once again thank you all for the reviews! If it weren't for you, my faithful readers, I probably wouldn't be putting so much time into this fic :p

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Must i say it again? I still love this fic. You're inspiring me to make a shipping fic now. If i do i hope you'll review it.

qwerqwer

this is truly awesome. very rare and special. i love your imagination and creativity. KEEP IT UP. Just double space to save out eyes and use some more description.
GO MR. MALLET!!!!!!

oh and i die after a mile.

el_toro

Superfly
Before this chapter begins, I would like to the take the time out to thank you all for your reviews and to welcome a new reader: qwerqwer! I'm glad you like the fic and I will try and put a little more description in future chapters. Next time though, could you please tell me where I need more description? It would help me improve this fic (btw I don't think there's any way to double space when you post a reply o_O sorry about that...) If someone knows, could you please PM me or at least comfirm my suspicions?

@crystal-zephyr: I'm honored that I'm actually inspiring you to write a fic! I'll gladly review your fic if you write it; once I find the time that is (balancing school and a job is NOT easy...)

A quick note on Chapter 6: IT'S FRICKING HUGE!!!! I'm not kidding, I think it might reach 16 pages on Word o_O;; So because of that fact, I'm posting this chapter up first before I finish Chapter 6 because once that's up that should hold you guys out for a bit, right??? :D Here's chapter 4 and I hope you enjoy it! (Misty has a secret to tell Ash at the end of this chapter!!!!)

Chapter 4-The Path to a New Beginning​

The morning sun rose up into the air and its golden yellow rays entered Ash’s room. Misty stirred a little then she opened her eyes and yawned gracefully. She looked to her side; Ash was sleeping peacefully as he held onto his pillow while Pikachu was sleeping at Ash’s feet. Misty smiled and began to climb out of bed when she heard a noise outside of the door that sounded like footsteps. Misty got up as quietly as she could and tiptoed towards the door, placing her ear on it to listen to what was happening. All of a sudden, Lily kicked the door open, knocking Misty back five feet. Her three sisters stood in the doorway and Ash awoke with a fright as he looked at what had happened.

“AHA! Caught you two in the act!” Daisy said, looking at the two clueless teenagers. “Go Dewgong! Use Ice Beam on that pervert!” She pointed her finger to Ash.

The Sea Lion pokemon came out of its pokeball and she looked at Ash with anger in her eyes. Ash began to explain,

“No! It’s not what you think at all!” But before he could say anymore, Dewgong fired an Ice Beam from her horn and it hit Ash square in the chest and held him against the wall in a frozen cocoon. Misty looked in horror as Ash attempted to free himself as his teeth chattered from the unbearable cold he was in.

“Alright Dewgong, finish him off with a Hydro Pump!” Daisy said fiercely. Dewgong jumped into the air and reared her head backwards as she charged to fire her most powerful attack.

“No! Stop!” Misty screamed as she stood up to try and block the attack, but before she could get the chance, a huge stream of water passed right before her eyes and she heard a yell coming from Ash’s direction. Misty looked towards Ash who had been hit with the attack; he was literally buried five feet into the wall and didn’t make another noise.

“That’ll teach him,” Daisy said with a smirk. Then she looked at Misty and she began to scold her. “Misty! I thought you were raised better than that!” Misty looked at her with a strange look and she said,

“Nothing happened last night! All we did was fall asleep in the same bed!” Daisy looked at Misty skeptically. “If you don’t believe me then look at the videotape from the camera in this room! You’ll see nothing happened at-” All of a sudden Ash appeared out of the deep hole in the wall.

“Hold it; you mean there’s a camera in my room that videotapes me 24/7?!” Misty looked over at him and cursed at herself for saying that aloud. Ash began to search desperately around the room.

“Ash, I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about! There’s no camera in this room! I think I’m just…tired, yeah…that’s it…” Misty said as Ash continued to search throughout the room.

“Oh? Then what is this?” Ash said as he pulled out a small camera from the television set.

“Err…” Misty said while trying to search for a logical explanation as to why there was a camera inside the TV. She obviously couldn’t find one so she stayed quiet as her sisters watched from the doorway, completely forgetting about the incident that happened this morning.

“So you mean to say that you have a video of me completely in the nude, from a small camera that you hid behind the TV and you didn’t even tell me?! No wonder it didn’t work when I tried it out; there isn’t even anything behind this screen!” Ash screamed, about to blow up from the rage he was experiencing.

“Alright Ash that’s enough,” Violet said stepping forward with a grin on her face. “Let’s just forget this ever happened and go upstairs for breakfast…” Ash looked at her suspiciously.

“And how do I know that you weren’t involved in this scheme?” Ash said getting in front of Violet’s face. She stepped back nervously, trying to reassure him that neither she nor her sisters had anything to with it. It was all Misty’s fault.

“WHAT?! You liar! You’re the one that tried it out on Tracey in the first place!” Misty said infuriated at this betrayal.

“Yeah, but you’re the one that wanted to keep it around for your little boyfriend there,” Daisy said looking smug as Misty turned scarlet red. She stormed out of the room in anger as Ash looked at everyone in the room with a bewildered look on his face.

“Ugh…I think I need more sleep.” The room began to spin in circles and he fainted, landing on the floor.
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
Ash slowly opened his eyes as he regained consciousness. He was in a different room now; it was completely white and he was lying on top of a cushioned bed. He saw a woman who had straight pink hair that passed her shoulder and she was moving some medical supplies around. It wasn’t Nurse Joy though, and as she turned around, Ash was surprised to see that it was Lily who was attending him. Ash began to get up and Lily turned around to look at him.

“Are you feeling better now?” Lily said as she looked at Ash with concern.

“Yeah I guess…How long was I out?” he asked while holding onto his head.

“About ten minutes…” she said looking at the clock on the wall. “Misty is waiting for you in the kitchen by the way. She’s cooking breakfast as we speak.” Ash wasn’t too excited about this…

Great…Now I’m gonna suffer from food poisoning…
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
Ash reluctantly walked into the dining room that was located right beside the kitchen. From afar, he could hear the sizzling of the pan as he smelled an aroma that wafted through the air.

Smells good…” He looked inside the kitchen fromthe dining room. In front of the stove were two women, one with long purple hair and the other a short-haired red head, cooking bacon. It seemed as though Violet was teaching Misty how to cook and Ash smiled as Misty slammed a burnt piece of bacon at the floor in frustration. Misty let out a sigh as she stomped it into little pieces and she looked towards the dining room; Ash was sitting at the table looking at her curiously and Misty turned away from embarrassment. She did not want to see him now; she was still too embarrassed about the camera she was using to spy on him.

“Here you go,” Violet said as she handed Misty a plate with bacon, eggs, and rice on it. “Go give it to Ash,” she said pushing Misty out of the kitchen and into the dining room. Misty looked awkwardly at Ash then furiously at Violet. Violet coaxed her to give him the food. Misty was so nervous that the entire plate was shaking as she walked towards him. She closed her eyes and dropped the plate on the table. Ash still didn’t say anything and Misty ran towards the kitchen.

“Here…give him this hot chocolate and tell him that you made it just for him because you felt sorry for lying to him,” Violet said as she handed Misty a steaming cup of hot chocolate.

“But-”

“Just trust me…It always works, now go!” She once again pushed Misty out of the kitchen. Misty looked nervously at Ash who still had not touched his food. She began to apologize,

“I’m sorry for lying to you; here’s some hot chocolate.” She quickly handed the cup to Ash. He looked at her surprised and he said,

“You don’t have to apologize, Misty, I forgive you, but do you think I can get a fork and knife so I can eat this food?” Misty looked at him, shocked. She nodded happily and as she turned around, her untied shoelace got caught underneath her foot and she tripped and spilled the cup of steaming hot chocolate on his face.

“AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Ash screamed in pain as he jumped backwards and fell out of his chair, landing on his head. He passed out again as Misty looked on in horror.
During that day, Ash spent the majority of his time in the first aid room as Misty continually tried to make it up to him, failing miserably every time, costing Ash a trip to the infirmary every half hour. Ash had to stop Misty and tell her that he accepted her apology and that she didn’t have to make it up to him, more concerned for his safety than anything else.

After that day had passed, Ash began his daily training. Every morning, he would have to wake up at 6:00 AM, go running in Queen Park, workout it in the local gymnasium, then go swimming in the Cerulean Gym while Misty watched over him, making sure he completed his daily regiment and occasionally, joining him. During the little time they spent in the house, Misty was getting cooking lessons from Violet while Ash trained his pokemon against Daisy who was progressing as a Gym trainer. Ash and his sisters grew very close and eventually Daisy got over it whenever Ash and Misty would go to sleep together, as long as they left the door open. As for the videotape, it somehow disappeared over time and was never spoken of again…
Three months had passed and today was the last night that Ash would spend in Cerulean City. He had plans of going to Johto again to test how good he had become. The league was going to start in 5 months so Ash would have just enough time if he left tomorrow. He asked Misty if she was going to go with him and she happily agreed saying that there was probably no way she would get stuck with the Gym because her sisters had told her that they were going to stay home for a little longer. Ash and Misty were finishing their routine swim around the pool and Misty crossed her final lap so she climbed out of the pool.

She was wearing a skimpy blue two-piece bathing suit that complimented her slim body and she was panting from the workout. Ash began to climb out of the pool and Misty watched him very closely. The training Ash had gone through helped him develop muscles all over his body and Misty giggled like a giddy schoolgirl as she looked at Ash’s body. He looked at her and asked her with a smile,

“What’s the matter, why are you laughing?” Misty bit her lower lip and said,

“Well I felt that since today is the last night we spend together…we could go to a restaurant out by the Cerulean Cape later on.” Ash smiled widely and agreed.

“Alright, so be ready by 9 o’clock, OK?” Misty said. Ash looked over at the clock, it read 8:01 PM. He nodded and went immediately to the bathroom and locked the door to prevent Misty from entering.
Misty was fixing her hair in her bedroom when Daisy entered without knocking.

“So where are you going at a time like this all dressed up like that?” Daisy said with a smirk on her face.

“None of your business, that’s what!” Misty said as she turned to look at her. Misty was dressed in a white gown that reached her knees and it was split on the side of her thigh so it revealed a bit of her leg. She had small gold earrings and a pearl necklace wrapped around her neck with white heels on her feet. Her hair was worn in her usual hairstyle, but she was going to let it down. Daisy began to speak,

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were going on a da-”

“Well you don’t know any better so shut up!” Misty snapped back while blushing. Daisy smiled happily.

“Aww, my little sister’s going to go out on her first dat-“

“I said shut up! I am not!” Misty said turning even redder as she struggled with her ponytail. “Oh, forget this! Ash, are you ready yet?!” Misty yelled outside of her room as she gave up on her hair.

“I’ve been ready,” Ash said as he walked to Misty’s bedroom. He was dressed in a black dress pants and shirt and tie, leaving his hat in his room. Pikachu was going to stay with Misty’s sisters and he was in the living room sleeping on top of Violet’s lap. Misty smiled as she saw how handsome Ash looked while Ash gaped in awe at Misty’s astonishing beauty. Daisy smiled as she looked at the two of them and she began to push Misty out of the room while saying,

“You two better start leaving now before it gets too late. I don’t want you to get back later than 11:00 or else I’m locking you out.” Misty looked back sourly at Daisy.

“I’m not a little girl anymore, you know. I can take care of myself!” Misty said. “Let’s go Ash.” Misty gave Ash her arm and they began to walk out of the door. Daisy smirked as Ash held the door open for Misty.

“Have fun on your DATE!!!” Daisy yelled back at them as Misty slammed the door quickly.
They reached a crescent shaped building that had glass windows instead of a solid wall for the outer part of the building. The light shone through the large windows and Ash gazed up at wonder at the top of the restaurant. He could see two silhouettes outlined by the full moon that were so close to each other that they seemed to blend into one black outline. Misty pulled on Ash’s arm for him to walk faster and they began to walk towards the door that was located on the inside of the crescent. Over the front door of the restaurant was a sign with neon pink letters: “Cape d’Amour” that lit each word in a sequence. They both entered the restaurant where a waiter stood by the front door.

“Do you have a reservation, miss?” the waiter said in a very stuffy accent.

“Yes, it’s under Misty, you know…Misty the Cerulean City Gym Leader?” She presented her Gym Trainer Card in annoyance at the waiter. The waiter opened his eyes in shock.

“I’m terribly sorry, Miss Waterflower. Right this way, please.” The waiter turned around and began to lead them to a set of stairs that was off to the side of the restaurant. Ash looked at Misty confused and asked,

“What happened back there?”

“Well since I’m the Gym leader of this city, I get special privileges and one of them is a special VIP section in this restaurant just for me,” Misty said with a smile. The waiter opened a red curtain and held it open for them as he bowed his head. Ash looked at the room with amazement. The sole table in the room was decorated with lit candles, a colorful flower basket, and a dark red velvet tablecloth that matched the color of the unlit room. The wall to their side was more like an assortment of windows bunched together so the white light of the moon entered the room, magnifying the dark red of the curtains, table, chairs, and walls. Misty sat down in her chair as Ash sat adjacent to her still gawking at their surroundings.

Misty beckoned for the waiter to come take their order. The waiter from the front door stepped up to them and said in his usual stuffy accent,

“How may I serve you today?”

“What do you recommend for a dinner for two?” Misty asked. Ash turned to look at her with a curious look. Misty smiled back at him as she saw his reaction from the corner of her eyes.

“We have a special called the ‘Moonlight Delight.’ It consists of a large piece of turkey served with white shrimp, white rice, and an assortment of vegetables served on the side. It’s been given high markings in various food magazines and I highly recommend it,” the waiter said with obvious pride.

“What do you think of it Ash?” Misty asked turning to look at him. Ash was daydreaming about Misty as he looked at her when his senses returned.

“Oh! Uh…Yeah, I guess it sounds alright…” even though he was unsure of what the waiter had described. Misty blushed as she knew what Ash was so distracted from and she told the waiter that they would have the “Moonlight Delight.”

The waiter said it would arrive in at least 15 minutes and he bid them farewell. He disappeared behind the curtains and Ash soon began to talk about their journey to Johto. He was very excited about the new experiences they were bound to share together and he spoke enthusiastically about it, but it seemed that the subject had a reverse effect on Misty. She simply nodded or kept quiet as Ash did all the talking. Something was bothering Misty, but she didn’t want to reveal it to Ash just yet as it would spoil the evening…

“Here is your order. Enjoy,” the waiter said as he arrived with a large steaming plate of food. He moved the decorations off the table and set the plate down; it took up nearly half the table and Ash salivated from the delicious odor of the food. The waiter left the silverware on the table and he exited through the curtains once again. Ash began to pig out on the food while Misty looked at Ash with an awkward look as bits and pieces of food began to fly all around.
After they had finished the food, Ash had to go use the bathroom so he left the money on the table as they exited the VIP room and entered the main lobby of the restaurant. He quickly left to the bathroom while Misty looked at the clock to see what time it was; it was now 10:50 and Misty began to worry if whether Daisy was bluffing about locking them out.

Ash walked out of the bathroom shortly after when he noticed a large staircase in the center of the room. There was large a sign in front of it that read: Passion Balcon. Ash wondered what the sign could mean and he asked a nearby waiter with short black hair as to what was upstairs.

“Why don’t you check it out yourself?” the waiter said with a smile. “I highly recommend you bring somebody else along with you though.” Ash nodded and he began to look for Misty. He saw her by the front desk, talking on the phone. He signaled for Misty to come with him upstairs and she held out the palm of her hand to signal for him to wait. Ash couldn’t wait though as his curiosity was getting the best of him so he went to the staircase.

As he climbed to the top, a metallic blue double door in front of him had just closed. He went to open it and when he touched it, it was cold to his fingertips. As he opened it, a cool breeze hit Ash in the face and his eyes widened as he looked around at his surroundings. He was on the top of the restaurant and he could see all of the lit buildings of Cerulean City from the balcony. He was admiring the beautiful view when he opened his eyes in shock at what he had just noticed.

All around him, there were couples that were either sitting at tiny tables and looking into each other’s eyes lovingly while sharing drinks or standing really close to each other. Under the moon’s light Ash could see that the couples who were embracing each other were passionately kissing and he suddenly had a sinking feeling in the bottom of his stomach.

“Hey Ash!” He turned around and saw that Misty had opened the doors. He looked away nervously as the full moon wrapped Ash in its light. Misty began to walk towards him when she too realized all of the couples around them. She gasped in shock and she looked towards Ash who was also looking towards her. They quickly turned away and they both were blushing.

“Umm… Ash, it’s 11 o’clock so we should be leaving right now,” Misty said, still avoiding his gaze.

“Sure…” Ash muttered as he turned around to open the door. Misty was standing right in front of it and as he leaned forwards, she thought he was going to give her a kiss so she also leaned forward to give him a kiss while she puckered her lips. They both stopped midway, each looking at each other. Misty turned a very bright red and she turned around when she realized that Ash was just opening the door. Ash looked at her with a confused look, wondering what she was so embarrassed about. She walked through the door and he followed right behind her.
After a quiet trip back to the Gym, they told each other goodnight as they left for they’re individual rooms. Misty was still thinking about whether or not she should mention to Ash her secret, but she decided that she would leave it for tomorrow morning…
Ash got up in the morning at 7:14 AM feeling great and energized for the long journey ahead of him. He looked at Pikachu who was sleeping right next to him. He woke him up and asked with enthusiasm,

“Ready for the big day ahead of us, buddy?” Pikachu perked up and responded happily. Just then Ash heard somebody quietly knocking on his door. He got up and opened it to find Misty waiting there with her hair down and bags under her eyes. Ash looked at her taken aback,

“Did you have a rough sleep last night?” Misty nodded and she yawned loudly.

“Breakfast is ready upstairs so come up whenever you’re ready.” Misty barely muttered her words as she turned around and walked upstairs in her yellow cotton pajamas. Ash smiled, closed the door and quickly changed into his traveling clothes. After he finished getting ready, he went upstairs and entered the dining room.

Surprisingly, no one was in the Gym except for Misty and Ash began to grow suspicious as at least one of the older sisters would be up early cooking breakfast. Misty appeared with a bowl of cereal and put it next to the plates of sausage, bacon, eggs, and toast served in front of him. Ash looked at amazement at the delicious food before him. Misty smiled and said,

“Can’t leave on an empty stomach, right?” Ash smiled back and sat down in his chair, but before he began to eat he looked curiously at Misty. She had no food in front of her and she wasn’t dressed or ready to leave. Ash was about to ask her why she wasn’t prepared when the phone rang.

“I’ll go get that,” Misty said as she walked off. Ash wondered what was going on; Misty’s sisters weren’t inside the Gym and Misty apparently seemed as if she wasn’t going to leave… Ash then made the connection in his head and he quickly got up to talk to Misty.
“I know! Don’t worry, the Gym will be fine once you come back,” Misty said. “OK. Alright already! I have done this before Daisy, I thin-” Suddenly Ash came running up to her,

“We need to talk right now!” Ash looked her in the eyes with worry.

“I’ll talk to you later, Daisy…” Misty hung up the phone slowly and she looked at Ash. “What’s the matter, Ash?”

“Are you coming with me to Johto?” Ash asked. Misty bit her lip. She looked towards the ground and she closed her eyes and she slowly shook her head. Her eyes felt like welling with tears as Ash kept quiet from the shock of her response. She knew that he was very excited about traveling with her because they had grown close to each other during his stay in the Gym and she felt as if she had split his hope in two. Just then, though, Ash’s arms wrapped around her body as he embraced her and he laid his head down on her shoulders. Misty looked up in surprise, but didn’t say a word as she slowly put her arms around Ash and hugged him back. Unbeknownst to Misty, Ash was silently holding everything back as he gripped onto her tighter.
After eating breakfast, Ash slowly walked towards the front door of the Gym with Pikachu on his shoulder and Misty by his side. He sighed as they exited through the doors and the cold air bit at Ash’s face. He looked up at the sun that was hidden behind the grey clouds in the sky; for some reason it seemed unusually dim and lonely and so far away. He shivered and he quickly turned away from the sun and looked at Misty.

She was grabbing onto her arms to keep herself warm as she looked far off into the distance. Ash took off his jacket and wrapped it around Misty. He was dressed in his Hoenn attire with the exception of the sweater that was now wrapped around her. They both stood there silently looking at each other, never uttering a word and never taking their eyes off of each other.

Misty then felt a sudden impulse in her body and she stepped forwards and grabbed Ash tightly around the back as she rested her head against his chest. Ash smiled as he stroked her hair with one hand while with the other he rubbed her back. She looked up at him with watery eyes and let go of him. He sighed and uttered a small goodbye that choked as it reached his mouth. He quickly turned around and began to walk away from the Gym, wiping away the stray tear coming down from his eyes…

Author's Notes

YOU MUST HAVE THOUGHT THAT MISTY WAS GOING TO SAY THAT OTHER SECRET RIGHT? :D Anyway...

Everytime I see your reviews telling me how cute the story is, I'm actually surprised by them because I don't really aim for that, but now that I see this chapter, I see what you guys mean :D Not much to say about this story, it's just a bunch of ideas that I had before writing this fic that I put together.

Please write any reviews or suggestions or any burning questions about anything; I would greatly appreciate it! (That goes for you silent readers, too!)

Last edited:

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
I don't mean to repeat myself but I still can't believe it's your first one ^_^ This chapter had comedy, romance and drama all rolled into one and I enjoyed reading (especially towards the end, it was very sweet ^^)

as for Misty's secret, I assumed it would have something to do with the videotape, like Ash would catch her watching it or something :3 because I think it's a bit too early in the fic for her to confess the other thing XD

anyway, keep up the fantastic work and post chapter 5 ASAP, this is getting more addictive than my weekly desperate housewives fix (and I love desperate housewives XD)

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
What I meant to point out was her secret that she was not going to Johto with him. (Sorry to burst your bubble about anything like that...) Though I might reconsider the video...:D

shoujoai-fangirl said:
I don't mean to repeat myself but I still can't believe it's your first one ^_^ This chapter had comedy, romance and drama all rolled into one and I enjoyed reading (especially towards the end, it was very sweet ^^)
Thank you very MUCH! I'm very flattered that you think so greatly of my fic! One fic that sticks in my mind my head of a beginning writer going great was Water Spirit's Fate and Destiny of Friends! I don't think I'll ever be able to reach that magnitude of writing though, no matter what anybody says :p

shoujoai-fangirl said:
anyway, keep up the fantastic work and post chapter 5 ASAP, this is getting more addictive than my weekly desperate housewives fix (and I love desperate housewives XD)
Greatest quote I have ever seen! XD Who knows, maybe you guys will have something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving...

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
What I meant to point out was her secret that she was not going to Johto with him. (Sorry to burst your bubble about anything like that...) Though I might reconsider the video...:D

Yeah, I'm curious aboout the whole surveilance camera thing XD just the first few lines into the fourth chapter I thought "oh, I bet the secret at the end is something to do with the videotape!"

but I'm no sherlock XD

so sad she isn't going to Johto with him T_T
Misty's sisters ruin things for pokeshippers once again! curses on them *shakes fist*

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Aww...it's too bad that Misty can't go to Johto with Ash again...*sobs, then glares angrily at Misty's sisters* You three ruined everything! AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! *whips out chainsaw and chases them around*

Anyways, the video thing was hilarous! XD I always love the comic relief before the storm.

“Have fun on your DATE!!!” Daisy yelled back at them as Misty slammed the door quickly.

XD, I might forgive you for that, Daisy. Maybe...*whirrs chainsaw menacingly*

Anyways, great chappie! Looking forward to next one!

That was the greatest chapter ever! I loved this chapter so much!!! :D Update now!

Esperon

An old PS luva!
*grabs wet fish* How could you do that to her! *proceeds to beat el toro with fish* Meanie!

But this shall just make the re-union all the much sweeter, am I right?

LOL, i ish a little random *scratches back of head* I love how the ficcy is going and you should really keep up the good work :D

Catch ya later ;)
Esperon

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Umm the last few paragraphs were confusing... I thought she was going with him ???? But then they started crying for sme reason *confuzzled*!!!!! lol
=3

el_toro

Superfly
Artemis Ignitan said:
Aww...it's too bad that Misty can't go to Johto with Ash again...*sobs, then glares angrily at Misty's sisters* You three ruined everything! AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! *whips out chainsaw and chases them around*

Anyways, the video thing was hilarous! XD I always love the comic relief before the storm.

Quote:

XD, I might forgive you for that, Daisy. Maybe...*whirrs chainsaw menacingly*

I'm glad you are liking it so far! Don't worry, I have a feeling they'll be seeing each other shortly ;) Also, wait until Chapter 6! Daisy is going to get her due for being such a bum! *laughs evilly*

Esperon said:
*grabs wet fish* How could you do that to her! *proceeds to beat el toro with fish* Meanie!

But this shall just make the re-union all the much sweeter, am I right?

LOL, i ish a little random *scratches back of head* I love how the ficcy is going and you should really keep up the good work

Catch ya later
Esperon

Don't worry, I like to be randomly smacked by a wet fish :D jk Back on topic... I feel sorry for putting Misty and Ash through such a trial, but as you said, it will make the reunion that much sweeter so I felt it necassary to have it in there! And...
I'm not going to waste that much time with Ash in Johto...

Anyway I'm off to work like mad on Chapter 6! I can tell you guys that it is going to be a major turning point in the fic!!! You'll see what I mean once it's up...

XxM!styxX said:
Umm the last few paragraphs were confusing... I thought she was going with him ???? But then they started crying for sme reason *confuzzled*!!!!! lol
=3

They were crying because he had to leave to Johto while Misty had to stay as her sisters were going to go on another vacation and Ash was quite excited because he was looking forward to traveling with her :(. I'm sorry if it was confusing :p

Last edited:

el_toro

Superfly
el_toro said:
Who knows, maybe you guys will have something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving...
Just as I promised I have posted up Chapter 5! :D I have to leave a bit early tonight so I haven't finished Chapter 6 yet, but there's not much left of it so it'll be done very quickly! Hope you all enjoy this chapter and don't forget to read the Author's Notes on my thoughts of this chapter...

Chapter 5-A Battle with Fate​

“…so you’ll call back as soon as you can?” Misty spoke into the phone while looking into the videophone screen where Ash was looking back at her with a serious expression.

“I’ll try Misty…To be honest, I hardly ever stop in a Pokemon Center anymore; I just carry a couple of potions along and sleep outside…” It was just three days after he had left the Gym and he was already starting to miss her…

“Well…Whenever you get the chance, call back alright?” Misty said while forcing a smile. Ash looked back at her with a wide grin.

“You can count on it!” he said as he gave her the thumbs up. She smiled and they both hang up after giving their goodbyes. She then looked sadly at the screen after it just turned off. She was going to be alone in the Gym for awhile as her sisters needed to leave on another one of their worldwide vacations. She stood up after reflecting for a moment and walked off to clean the completely silent Gym…
It was mid-afternoon and Misty looked up at the clear blue sky as the sunlight shone through the glass roof of the Gym arena. She had just finished defeating a beginning trainer and was starting to mop the floor when she heard a call from afar.

“Misty! You got a phone call!” Violet yelled from the living room. Misty wondered who could be calling as she began to walk towards the living room. She thought for a moment if it could be Ash who was calling her, but then decided not to get her hopes up. Two months had passed and Misty still had not received any word from him since his last phone call...

Misty walked into the room and sat down in front of the videophone with a sigh as Violet quietly exited the living room with a secret smile on her face.

“Hello?” she said responding into the phone.

“Hey Misty! How’ve you been?” Ash appeared on the screen with a grin that reached from ear to ear with Pikachu resting on his shoulder. Misty suddenly brightened up,

“Hey Ash, it’s about time you called back!” she said smiling back at him. They began to talk about how far he had gotten so far (he was already up to his fifth badge), about when Misty would come to visit him now that her sisters were back from their vacation, about his journeys in Johto, and so on…

It was pitch black outside when Misty had finally hung up the phone. She stood up and nothing could seem to bring her down from the clouds because of how happy she felt. She was passing in front of the living room when she was abruptly stopped by Daisy who was standing in the hallway, apparently waiting for her.

“And where do you think you’re going?” she said with a smirk. Misty looked back at her pleasantly,

“I’m going to go to sleep, why?” Daisy picked up the mop and bucket and held it out in front of her.

“Because I need you to clean up the arena from the mess you made this afternoon and mop up the aquarium too while you’re at it.” Misty looked at her hesitantly as Daisy placed the mop and bucket in her hands.

“Why do I have to do everything?” she whined as Daisy turned around and faced the living room.

“Because I’m tired from walking around all day; besides, you are the runt of the family,” she said as she sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Misty stared at her in disbelief.

“What are you talking about?! You never do anything all day, you just sit around and flirt with the guys that come in here!” Daisy seemed to be ignoring her which infuriated her even more. She turned around and muttered to herself about how mistreated she was.
Misty was trying to get a spot out of the floor in the pool arena as she scrubbed at it viciously with a mop. She grumbled about the irremovable spot as she continued to scrub faster and harder until the stick of the mop split in half. She screamed and chucked the piece she had in her hand across the room. She looked towards the door quickly with a furious fire that burned in her eyes when she heard it open quietly. Daisy looked at her with wide eyes as she said,

“Maybe I should come back later…” Misty barked back at her,

“What do you want?!” Daisy got over her shock and returned to her old smug look.

“Well I forgot to tell you that you received a present from your boyfriend in the mail, but I guess since you’re in a bad mood I can always give it to you tomorrow…” Misty instantly changed expressions.

“A present? From Ash?” Daisy looked at her with a sly grin,

“Uh-huh…but I guess I’ll hold onto it until you’re finished…” Daisy turned around and began to walk towards the door.

“WAIT!” Daisy turned around with a smirk and she coolly said,

“What’s the matter now?” Misty looked at the floor as Daisy turned to look at her.

“Do you think I could have the present?” asked Misty, still avoiding her gaze.

“What was that?” Daisy said smiling as she cupped her ear.

“I said can I have the present?” Misty said clenching her teeth and hands, closing her eyes in anger.

“What’s the magic word?” Daisy smirked.

“Can I please have the present?” Misty said feeling ready to slap the grin off of Daisy’s face. Daisy threw a package wrapped in brown paper into Misty’s arms. On the front side of the package it said in bold black letters: TO MISTY, FROM ASH. Misty smiled as she saw HAPPY BIRTHDAY written in big bold red letters across the whole package. She looked up and she saw that Daisy had already left so she began to walk towards her bedroom leaving what was left of the mop on the floor.
She closed the door, locked it and laid the package on top of her sky blue bed. She unraveled the brown wrapping until it revealed a long white cardboard box. Her heart beat in excitement as she began to lift the lid off of the small box. As soon as she lifted the lid, a piece of paper fell out revealing what was kept inside the box.

It was a crystal blue teardrop-shaped jewel with a gold chain going through the tip of the teardrop. Misty gasped in surprise at the beautiful necklace that she recognized to be as the rare and valuable Mystic Water Pendant. She took a glass of water that was in her room and carefully dropped a drop of water onto it as she held the necklace in mid-air. As the drop hit the jewel, the necklace glowed a radiant blue and the drop increased in size as it dripped off of the jewel and fell onto the floor.

It was truly authentic and Misty quickly placed it around her neck in ecstasy. She smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror with the necklace dangling from her neck. It was cold to the touch because a Mystic Water Pendant is supposedly filled with water taken from a rare fountain that lay to the far north of the world. It was sought by sailors and merchants and over the years the water had almost disappeared from the fountains. Afterwards it was forbidden for anyone to take from the fountain ever again. That’s why only a few of the people throughout the world own a Mystic Water Pendant and the ones who do own it are family of sailors who sought out the pendant centuries ago or rich entrepreneurs. Misty remembered about the piece of paper that fell out of the box and she went to pick it up off the floor. She opened it and it read:

Dear Misty,
Happy Birthday! I know that I was a bit late in sending it to you, but I hope you enjoy the gift. I received the necklace as a gift from a sailor whose daughter I had saved from a terrible storm. The sailor told me the necklace is very special as it can increase the power of water on contact. As soon as he told me this, I thought of you and decided to send it right away! I hope you can make good use of it and take good care of it.
Sincerely,
Ash

Misty turned off the lights to her room as she lay on top of the bed after reading the letter. She began to ache in her heart and a tear slid off her cheek. She was sincerely grateful for the gift and the thought he put into it…but she wanted him to be here with her right now so she could tell him how much she appreciated it in person. She grew even more depressed because she knew that there was no way that she could return to Johto and leave the Gym alone to her sisters; they would cause a mess and surely lose the license to the Gym. Misty looked up at the ceiling and began to slowly drift off into sleep as she thought of Ash…
After three months had passed, the Johto league was getting ready to start. Ash was rapidly gaining popularity throughout Johto since becoming unbeatable; he hadn’t even come close to losing. Soon he gained media recognition and he was on many renowned Pokemon magazines quoted to be “the rising champion from Pallet.” During the three months in Johto he kept in constant touch with Misty and began to become cocky in his attitude. Every time he would call Misty, he would talk about his battles and always have something new to brag about and each conversation would always end with him being chased away by fan girls. Misty was used to his arrogant attitude by now so she would greet him with a smile and would tell him how proud she was of him. The league was approaching rapidly so on the day before the league they had agreed that she would wait for his call tomorrow.
It was bright and sunny by two o’clock in the afternoon when Misty heard the phone ringing in the distance. She ran to the living room quickly and sat in front of the phone. She picked up the phone,

“Hello, who is this?” though she already had an idea about who it was.

“It’s the greatest pokemon trainer alive, that’s who,” Ash said as he beat his chest with his hand and flexed his other arm for her. Misty shook her head and sighed as she rolled her eyes. Pikachu stood in front of the screen and greeted her with a smile. Misty waved back at him and she looked back at Ash and said with a smile,

“So are you feeling nervous yet, Mr. Pokemon Master?” Ash closed his eyes, puffed out his chest and boasted,

“I don’t need to be and you shouldn’t either Misty. The trainers here are all pushovers; I’m practically guaranteed that championship title.” Misty shook her head in disbelief at Ash’s overwhelming cockiness.

“You know what happened last time you got like this Ash. You can’t just enter the league and expect to win it without any effort,” Misty warned, but Ash was too stubborn to give in.

“Don’t worry about me so much; I’ll do fine. You can count on it!” he said as he gave Misty the thumbs up. Misty sighed and just then an announcement was made through the loudspeakers on Ash’s side,

“WILL ASH KETCHUM AND ROBYN FAIT PLEASE REPORT TO THE ARENA?”

“This is gonna be a piece of cake.” He winked at Misty and flashed his Victory sign at her. He said goodbye to Misty and quickly hung up the phone. She turned off the screen and quickly ran to sit on the sofa in the living room. She turned the TV on and called her sisters over to watch the match with her.
Ash began to walk onto the match floor as he was greeted by wild cheers and marriage proposals from crazy fan girls who fainted at the sight of him. It was dark and cloudy, but the forecasters said that there was no chance of rain so the directors of the league decided to let the match continue as scheduled. As Ash climbed up the stairs, he glanced across the field at his challenger.

Robyn was a girl in her teens with a light colored skin tone and long brown hair that reached far past her red t-shirt and black skirt. It flowed elegantly in the strong wind of the now worsening weather. Her light green sunglasses reflected the brilliant flash given off by a lightning bolt crackling off in the distance. She smiled at Ash as she moved her head to get the hair out of her face and she placed her hand firmly on her hip. Ash was unfazed by how confident and strong his competition looked though; he was completely sure that he was going to trounce her. The announcers began to do their routine introduction of the trainers,

“Hello everyone and welcome to another wondrous year of the Johto league!” Everyone began to scream and jump and clap as the ruckus could be heard even over the loud thunderclaps of the storm.

“In this preliminary match we have two very talented trainers willing to show us what many months, maybe even years of training can do to a trainer and their pokemon. First off, we have the elegant and beautiful trainer from Saffron City, Robyn Fait!” She waved coolly to everyone as cheers and whistles from the boys erupted from the audience. “And to the right, we have the unstoppable, unbreakable, and UNBEATABLE Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!” At once the stadium erupted into chaos as nearly everyone in the stands screamed and yelled and cheered for Ash as he waved around to everyone, his ego growing by the second.

“Now everyone, if you please, direct your attention to the referee on the match floor!” The referee faced the stands as he began to declare the rules of the match in a booming voice,

“It will be a one on one match, no breaks. Whoever is victorious in this match will qualify for the league and be eligible to receive the championship title.” Ash began to day dream about being able to win a championship title after so many long years of training and losing. He would finally be able to take a gigantic step in the direction of accomplishing his lifelong dream of becoming a Pokemon Master once he won the championship…

“Once both sides are ready to begin, the match will begin.” The referee looked over to each of them, each one of them responding with a quick nod. “Okay then…BEGIN!!!”

“Go Pikachu!” Ash said as the electric rodent leapt forward energetically. Robyn smirked and she threw her pokeball towards the arena.

“Go Medicham!” A pink and white Medicham came out of her pokeball and lightning followed by a loud thunderclap sounded off in the distance as she stood menacingly on the plain field. Ash still did not break a sweat though, even as he looked at Pikachu who seemed to be wary of the fact of how well raised Medicham was and backed away a little. Ash thought out his plan and decided that he going to show off his and Pikachu’s power by ending the match quickly with one powerful Thunder.

“Pikachu, put all of your energy into this Thunder attack!” Pikachu charged up as Robyn waited for the attack, not ordering Medicham to do anything. He sent off a monstrous Thunder at Medicham and that’s when Robyn said in a loud voice,

“Medicham, control that Thunder attack with Psychic!” Ash was confused; there was no way that Medicham could possibly control such a powerful attack. But at that moment Medicham began to focus on the approaching attack and blue energy emitted from her body as she wrapped the Thunder in the same blue light. She struggled as the Thunder continued to approach her quickly, showing no signs of stopping. Suddenly, though, it began to slow down dramatically until it came to a full stop in front of Medicham. Ash’s eyes widened in shock and awe at Medicham’s power as Robyn yelled out,

“Send the Thunder right back at Pikachu!” Medicham pushed the Thunder attack back using her psychic powers as Pikachu awaited desperately for Ash’s response. Ash yelled out for Pikachu to use Agility, but his voice was drowned out by a humongous thunderclap that shook the entire stadium. Pikachu looked back pleadingly at Ash, but before he could order another attack, Pikachu was struck by its own electric attack and he was sent flying backwards while yelling in pain. Pikachu was quivering as sparks ran over his body; something had gone wrong. Robyn observed how Pikachu was behaving as he stood up and she knew that Pikachu must have been afflicted with paralysis so she thought of a plan to take advantage of this.

“Medicham, run up to Pikachu and use a Hi Jump Kick to finish him off!” Medicham began to run towards Pikachu at a quick pace until she jumped high into the air. She extended her knee at high speed and approaching Pikachu. Ash stared in disbelief at the clearly risky strategy then he laughed it off. He knew that Pikachu could easily dodge the attack and Medicham would wind up hurting herself after missing Pikachu. Ash looked up with a smirk on his face and said,

“Alright Pikachu use Agility to dodge it!” But Pikachu remained still, even though by the expression on his face, it was blatant that he was really trying to move. That’s when Ash realized that that Pikachu was paralyzed from being hit from his own Thunder attack and Robyn had taken advantage of that. Ash looked on in shock as Pikachu was hit in the face by Medicham’s knee and he was sent flying towards the wall as Medicham landed safely on her feet. After the dust of the impact with the wall cleared, Pikachu lay still on the floor and the referee declared Robyn as the winner of the match.

Everything hit Ash suddenly in the gut and his eyes widened as he fell onto his knees then on his hands, feeling sick. Everyone was in complete silence, apparently shocked that the supposed future champion of the Johto league was eliminated in two attacks. Ash continued to stare at the ground shaking a little when he felt a drop of cold rain from the heavens fall on his head. He suddenly lifted himself off the ground and began to look around him with a wide eyed expression.

Everything seemed surreal as everyone in the audience looked back at him. They began to turn in circles, their quiet faces appearing to him in a daze. His senses returned and he immediately felt everyone’s eyes on him as he lowered his hat in shame. It was now completely pouring yet the only sound that was made was the patter of the rain striking the ground and the occasional thunder and lightning. Ash sprinted over to Pikachu and picked him up and again he looked around him in a state of delusion mixed with emptiness. No one made a noise as they continued to stare at him. Ash quickly ran through the exit of the stadium as a loud thunderclap sounded off in the distance.
Misty stared at the television screen in shock. She was amazed at the fact that Ash had been eliminated so quickly from the league; she thought he would at least make it through the quarterfinals, but to lose in the preliminaries after training for so long… Misty began to worry about Ash and went to the videophone located in the corner as she frantically dialed the number to his room, not knowing that he would never return again…
It was dark and gloomy and Ash had Pikachu in his arms as he walked through a thick forest located close by the Johto league. He could hear the rain coming down hard and occasionally felt a drop or two as he passed underneath the shielding trees. Off in the distance Ash saw an opening with a murky brown pond which was home to a family of Wooper and Quagsire bathing happily in it. As Ash approached the pond, the pokemon began to move away from him sensing something was disturbing him emotionally. He was completely drenched in water and he kneeled down as he attempted to look at himself in the muddy pond.

He stared at the brown water focusing as hard as he could as the rain drops sent ripples through the water. Slowly an image appeared in it as he fantasized and saw a picture of him kneeled over in the league after just losing, then it switched to an image of everyone’s shocked faces as they stared at him, and finally an image of Misty turning to look at him, then lowering her head in shame. His hands shook violently as he began to sob loudly. He struck the water violently as he screamed, scaring off the pokemon gathering around him as the images disappeared from the water.

Ash stood up, breathing heavily with tears coming down his face, burning his eyes and cheeks as they slowly trailed down. He picked up Pikachu who was resting silently and he began to walk into an even darker and thicker part of the forest, vowing to himself to never return to face the judging eyes of the world again…

Author's Notes​

For this chapter, I had a bit of writer's block O_O;;;. That's why I personally don't like this chapter since it's not as funny as I would like it to be. Oh well...
EDIT: As I looked over the chapter for proofreading, I see that it was very descriptive so now I feel better about it! :D The reason for Ash losing so fast will be explained in Chapter 6.

That's it for now, I'm in a rush and I have to go. Please post anything you think about this chapter!

Last edited:

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
Don't worry, not every chapter has to be funny, I really liked this one. Very descriptive and Ash was kept in character, you showed how his ego can inflate so quickly XD

and Misty was so sweet and supportive despite how arrogant he got ^^ I especially liked how you described the necklace he sent her, it sounds pretty :3

I felt sorry for Ash at the end of the chapter, Misty should go give him a hug T_T

thanks for posting it so soon, the story gets more interesting as it goes along and I can't wait to see what happens next ^_^

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Wow, I love the necklace part. Tis be my fav...after the mallet scenes, of course! XD

I hate it when Ash gets all overegotistical like that. It's a sure sign that he's gonna lose. But so early? Now all those whacks with the mallet and laps around the park were all in vain...:(

Man, I hope Ash doesn't turn into a criminal or something like that...I never expected him to take things so harshly. He needs Misty to knock some sense into him. *sigh*

Will be looking forward to next chappie!

el_toro

Superfly
All right I'm back for now! I'll be giving this chapter a proofread so expect some minor changes once I get the time.

Artemis Ignitan said:
Man, I hope Ash doesn't turn into a criminal or something like that...I never expected him to take things so harshly. He needs Misty to knock some sense into him. *sigh*
You sound like you're pretty bummed! :p Don't worry, Ash isn't going to become some sort of bum, I just don't wanna say anything for now because it would spoil Chapter 6 (which is turning out pretty good if I say myself :D). The necklace is an actual item in the game(http://www.serebii.net/red_green/items.shtml) under the name Mystic Water, under the Hold Items section so if you want to take a look at one, just click on the link :D.

shoujaoi-fangirl said:
thanks for posting it so soon, the story gets more interesting as it goes along and I can't wait to see what happens next ^_^
That's the advantage of already having a couple of chapters written! I'm glad that you guys are liking it so far and I look forward to what you guys will think of Chapter 6!

Esperon

An old PS luva!
*sniff* wow...feel so down about Ash I can't even cackle at him for being such an idiot and being over confident...maybe that wet fish should appear again...

But i can still cackle at Misty aka Cinderella *cackles*

please post soon again :D