• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Journey of Souls-Pokeshipping, PG-13

el_toro

Superfly
el_toro, when do you expect the next chapter for this fic? Its just that you are usually always fast in updating your chapters, and know, it seems weird that you're not. This is really proving to you that Im excited for the next chapter and many more people as well! So, update now, this is a fic worth updating! I hope my comment will encourage you more to work on the next chapter.
To answer your question, the next update MIGHT be up after the weekend. It depends on if I finish typing the last part of this chapter, when I finish the next pokemon, and how I'm going to manage my time so I can fit my job into all of this during the weekend. The reason I haven't worked on it all week is because I have a research paper due on this Friday (that I haven't worked on!) and my job that takes up 4 hours of my usual 7 hour of free time. That leaves me only 2 hours that I have at the end of the day and sometimes I won't be in the mood to write on the computer. Which is why there hasn't been an update in almost 3 weeks... But once that paper is out of the way, I'll be able to resume writing again! (Also there is a tiny chance that I might have a snow day tomorrow and I have off of work so I'll have the whole day to work on my paper and type up the end of the chapter. So keep your fingers crossed!)

Don't worry though, I'll never leave this fic even if it takes me years to accomplish. I'm not the type of person to abandon something I put so much work into. So hopefully, I'll have a new chapter up by the end of this week! :)

el_toro

Superfly
Well, well, well, it seems after 21 DAYS, I am finally able to post up this chapter! Man, it's almost been a month... I'm sorry about that, I would have finished sooner, but last week was extremely hectic because of exams and my research paper (did I mention how much I HATE them?) Anyway, this chapter basically deals with their return to Avia Town for Ash's first battle! (Figure I have to refresh your memories since its been so long!) On a quick side note, Chapter 12 is pretty damn long (15 pages) so I'm beginning to woner if this is going to start becoming a habit... Anyway, all that aside, here's the new chapter, hope you enjoy it (you've got quite a read ahead of you...), and... that's it. :D

Chapter 11-Battle atop the Dome

They had now left the forest as Ash marched happily with his newly caught pokemon inside his pokeball in his right hand while Pikachu sat on his left shoulder who couldn’t help, but smile from the excitement for their first Gym battle. Misty walked right by them as she watched Ash look at his pokeball as he held it up above his head proudly. It shined in the bright sunlight and sparkled with promising hope as Ash grinned at the small metal ball in his hand. He quickly placed it securely on his belt once they reached the mountain. He definitely didn’t want to lose Virgel after going through so much trouble just to catch him. They walked up the mountain trail as quickly as they could until they reached that fateful mountain cliff from their last visit to Mt. Mineral. Ash and Misty looked up the long wall; their eyes traveled to the top which seemed very far away from where they stood. The sky above them began to grow dark and clouded and foretold of a fierce storm in the future. Ash stepped forward, grabbed a piece of rock sticking out of the wall, and began to climb. Misty followed shortly behind him and they began their tedious trek up the mountain.
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
After climbing up the mountain for at least an hour, they were now very close to reaching their destination. Ash felt something wet drop onto his face as soon as he set his hand onto the flat ground of the top of the cliff. He looked up at the sky and saw that the clouds had become almost black in color as they grew heavy with rain, ready to unleash its load onto the earth below it. He turned around and saw that Misty was not too far behind so he decided not to worry too much about the rain...
<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
She pushed herself harder as soon as she felt that cold wet drop of water from the sky hit her face. It served as a warning to her for the great flood that was sure to take place and she struggled to go faster as her arms went numb from pushing herself too much. She lowered her head as she stopped to catch her breath as she hung onto the cliff.

“Come on Misty! You’re almost there! Just a little bit more…” Ash yelled as he leaned over the edge of the cliff. She drew a deep breath, paused for a moment, and then a look of fierce of determination crossed her face as she began to move up the mountain quickly. After a few minutes, she only needed a short distance to reach the top so she slowed down a bit to catch her breath. At that moment, she felt something pass close behind her and the hairs on the back of neck stood up. She turned around quickly and there was nothing behind her. Her heartbeat increased and she began to climb faster. All of a sudden, a thin black fog began to appear before her eyes. She stopped for a second when she thought she saw something large flying in a circle behind her as the fog grew darker. Now she was panicking and she climbed up frantically, pulling rocks from the cliff as soon as she grabbed another one as the fog followed her, getting darker and darker every passing second. She now couldn’t see anything in front of her anymore as she searched blindly for a rock to grab. Meanwhile, Ash looked on searching for Misty in the thick fog, but it was a useless task. He grabbed a pokeball from his belt and threw it into the air. The ball opened and from it emerged Virgel as he spread his white wings and let out a fierce cry.

“Go in there and look for Misty!” Ash yelled up to the pokemon as he waited mid-air for Ash’s orders. He nodded and dove into the fog as Ash looked on helplessly.

The fog clouded Virgel’s eyes as he searched frantically for Misty in the dark cloud. Everything was eerily quiet and Virgel began to grow nervous; he felt as if something was watching him and was upset by his presence. He felt something breathe down his neck and he turned around quickly, only to be met by a wing that slammed him across the head. He fell down, but he quickly regained his balance. He strained his eyes to try and see what had struck him. He indistinctly made out the form of a bird attempting to grab something that was hanging onto the cliff. A scream rang out from the inside of the fog and Virgel charged at the bird. He struck him and the bird yelled in pain as he fell backwards. Virgel turned around and tried to find the source of the scream, figuring it was probably Misty. As he neared the cliff, he felt around blindly until he came across something warm.

“Get off of me!” A hand slapped him across the face, catching Virgel by surprise. He was about to grab Misty when the bird tackled him from behind, knocking him forward and into Misty. She screamed as she let go of the rock that she was holding onto, plummeting to the ground below her. Virgel turned around in shock and began to fly towards her as she left the fog with him closely behind. Something caught his attention from the side of his eye and he turned to look at what was following him. From the fog emerged the Covvul that belonged to Alexander as it dive bombed towards Misty as fast as he could. Virgel, having never met Alexander and his Covvul, attacked him with his large wing and knocked him out of the way and into the cliff. Covvul recovered quickly and was infuriated. He cried out loud and dived after Virgel, his sharp eyes focused solely on his target. He struck him in the back with his beak and Virgel cried in pain as he pulled out of his dive. Covvul followed after Virgel and was about to attack him again when a powerful voice rang out.

“STOP! Get back to the girl, at once!” Covvul paused then turned around and dived after Misty, leaving Virgel alone and giving him the chance to recover. The angelic pokemon took after behind Covvul as they both raced to get to Misty. She yelled in despair as tears fell from her eyes as the ground continued to approach closer. She looked around her desperately and found a branch hanging out of the cliff, miraculously in the reach of her hand. She grabbed the branch and held onto it firmly; so firmly that the branch swung forward and slammed her into the cliff with tremendous force, impacting with her wrist and fracturing her bone. She screamed and instantly let go as her world went dark and she passed out from the intense pain. Covvul reached her first and grabbed her unconscious body with his talons before she reached the ground. Virgel caught up to him and was about to force Misty away from him when the same rough voice from before called out,

“Confuse Ray.” Covvul’s eyes turned a bright white as he looked directly into Virgel’s eyes. His vision blurred and the world around him spun rapidly as he lost all sense of equilibrium. He moved around erratically and hit the wall as he tried to find his way towards Covvul, throwing misguided punches that missed its target. Covvul avoided the confused pokemon and flew up to meet with Alexander and Ash as the heavy rain fell on him. He carefully laid Misty onto the ground and Ash went to her side.

“She’s unconscious,” said the hooded figure. “We’ll need to bring her to the hospital immediately.” Ash looked back at the scowling man. He nodded and stood up as Covvul grabbed Misty once again and began to fly towards Avia Town. He called back Virgel who was still searching for Covvul while flying bizarrely. Alexander and Ash began to run up the mountain trail to Avia Town as the rain fell heavily on the mountain, drenching anything in its path.
He waited nervously in the white waiting room as he sat on top of a white couch with Pikachu by his side. Alexander stood silently in the corner, avoiding everyone’s awestruck looks as they gathered around the waiting room just to see their hero. The emergency door slid open and an old doctor walked outside. He pulled his surgical mask off and he revealed a gentle smile that could only mean good news.

“Everything will be all right. She just fractured her wrist and will have to wear a small cast for at least two days. If you want you can go see her right now.” Ash’s face lit up in happiness and he immediately stood up and entered the room. She lay in the bed silently with white gauze wrapped around her left wrist and she looked up at him and smiled weakly. He returned her smile and sat in the chair next to her bed as Pikachu leapt on top of her bed.

“How are you feeling?” Ash said gently as he glanced over at her wrist wrapped tightly in the thin white fabric.

“I’m fine, it still hurts a little though, but the doctor says I’ll be able to leave the hospital tomorrow,” Misty said weakly. He sighed in relief and they continued to talk on as Alexander watched silently from the hallway. After a while, Ash left the room and he looked Alexander in the eye.

“Tomorrow you can be sure that I’ll face you in the Gym and I’ll beat you!” Ash said enthusiastically. Alexander merely blinked his eyes slowly and turned around with Covvul landing onto his shoulder, exiting the hospital along with the crowd of people. Ash gritted his teeth in anger as his fists shook involuntarily, but he calmed down and picked a spot on the white couch in the main lobby. He took out his blanket and laid down as he fell into a deep slumber.
They walked through the front door as the day shone with bright anticipation. Ash took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. A breeze blew through the town and caught his denim vest. He opened his eyes with a fierce fire burning inside them. He clenched his fist determinedly, his heart pumped ferociously in his chest, he took sharp breaths, and he looked off into the distance. Somewhere far-off in the cliffs was the Avia Town Gym, where his first Gym badge lay and where Alexander, that obnoxious snob, waited for him, ready to accept Ash’s invitation to battle with that same scowl that was always on his face.

“Probably thinks I’m not worth it… Well I’ll show him!” Ash thought, and then he screamed at the top of his voice, “I’m going to be the future Pokemon MAS-”

“Aw how cool!” Misty exclaimed, cutting Ash off as he fell to the ground. He turned around and saw that she was looking at a couple passing by overhead in a hang glider. “Ash let’s go hang gliding!” Misty said as she pulled on his shirt.

“Can’t it wait?! I REALLY want to go face this guy!” Ash pleaded. Misty changed her tone and her expression.

“You promised before we even started on this journey that we weren’t just going to focus on the journey!”

“Yeah I know, but…”

“Well no buts! Let’s go already before the line gets too long!” Misty said as she started to run up the hill. He stood there at a loss of words and his head drooped in defeat.

“Hurry up Ash!” Misty yelled at the top of the hill. He groaned and he slouched up the hill slowly and miserably to the top where a tiny building lay where Misty waited impatiently for him in front of the door.
They waited in the long line inside of the black building for a turn on one of the hang gliders built for two. The hang gliders rested in the wide opening on the side of the building that faced the edge of the cliff the building was situated on. Once Ash and Misty reached the front of the line, an effeminate skinny young man with dark green eyes and blonde hair walked up to them.

“Will you two be riding together?” he asked as he pointed at them. Misty nodded eagerly while Ash stood beside her with a bored expression on his face, still thinking about the Gym battle.

“Alright, well you have two choices: you can either choose the regular hang glider…” He pointed to a neon yellow hang glider with two harnesses strapped to the metal bars attached to the wings. “Or…” he said with a coy grin, “You can choose the couple glider that we are currently having a special on; 50 percent discount!” He pointed to the glider that lay next to the neon yellow hang glider: its wings were shaped as a giant pink heart with white flowers along the edge of the wings with cursive letters written on the back that read: Flying High with Love. Ash and Misty both gave the young man a repulsed look as they both were repelled from the sickeningly cute design of the glider.

“I think we’ll just take the regular one…” Ash said quickly averting his gaze from the couple glider. Misty agreed, taken aback from the whacky glider. The blonde boy shrugged and took out piece of paper from his pocket. With the pencil that was resting on his ear, he began to calculate the prices on the paper. Ash looked at him curiously until he flipped the paper around and showed Ash the cost of renting a regular hang glider. His mouth dropped open as his eyes widened at the unbelievable price.

“I can’t afford this!” he exclaimed. He looked over at Misty to see what she thought. She smirked at him and he wondered for a moment what she was smiling about until he realized that she was looking at the cheaper yet humiliating design of the couple’s glider.

“Oh no…”
They were now on their way to Avia Town Gym, cutting through town as Ash walked quickly down the path with Misty trying to catch up behind him.

“Oh, come on Ash; don’t tell me you’re embarrassed!” Misty teased. He lowered his hat in shame as he walked faster. She grinned as she remembered their brief flight over the town; Misty convinced him, or rather forced him, onto the lovey-dovey hang glider and they traveled over the town as the people below them jeered at them from below. As they passed in front of a small brown house, a crowd of people recognized them and started to shout at them.

“Aw, look, it’s the High Flying Couple!”

“Let’s see a kiss!” They cheered and whooped at Ash and Misty and she embarrassedly smiled back at them. A guy with short brown hair about 25-years old whispered, but loud enough for Misty to hear, to his friend,

“Man I would love to get with that redhead!” The two of them cheered and screamed and she turned around enraged.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” she bellowed. His friend cowered, rejoining the group, but the young brown-haired man walked up to her with as much macho confidence he could muster. He had a smug look on his face with his eyes half lowered and he opened his mouth to say something when Misty threw a punch that hit him across the face that knocked one of his teeth out. He fell to the ground and she immediately started to stomp him with her feet since she couldn’t use her other hand to hit him. His group of friends yelled in protest, but didn’t move from their spot against the wall of the white house (they were probably too scared) as she continued her onslaught against the defenseless man. Ash ran up behind her and grabbed her arms as she panted furiously. He walked her back up the hill to the Gym as she continued to scream at the group that was now helping their battered and bloodied friend up until they were out of sight.
The Gym lay off in the distance, separated from the world by a large gap in between the island of rock it sat on top of and the mainland of the mountain. Ash looked at the Gym as his heart beat faster and his stomach turned inside him.

“I haven’t battled in a long time… Could I lose this match?” His throat grew dry and he began to sweat as the drops of perspiration slid down his face. His breath came in short gasps for air;

“This is it…” he thought. “I’ve got to win this… I-I’m going to win this!”

“Alright!” he shouted, startling Misty. His eyes blazed with determination, incinerating his doubts and anxious attitude. “You better watch out Alexander because I’m coming to earn my Soar Badge!” Pikachu shouted along with him and held up his hand in victory as Ash stepped boldly in front of the zip line. He placed the metallic handlebars onto the cable and he took a deep breath as he paused for a moment. He jumped off the cliff and sped down the line until he jumped off at the end of the line. He looked across the gap at Misty who stood still as she looked over the cliff nervously.

“Aren’t you going to go with me to see the match?” he yelled across.

“I’m not going on that zip line! Besides I can’t use my other hand to hold onto the metal handlebars! Get Virgel to bring me across!” He shook his head as he pulled Virgel’s pokeball off of his belt. A couple of seconds later, she was back in front of him after being safely carried across the gap by the Guardian Angel pokemon. They stepped in front of the gigantic door and Ash laid his hands on it. He struggled as he pushed the heavy door open and they entered into the blackened building. Their footsteps echoed throughout the Gym as they walked up the winding “Challenger” stairs.

“Ash…” He looked at her and saw that she was in deep thought, as if something was troubling her. “Haven’t you gotten a weird feeling… about that guy Alexander?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Like what?”

“Well… as if he wasn’t what he’s supposed to be…?”

“What?” Ash said, completely confused at what Misty was trying to get at.

“Everybody in town thinks he’s such a big hero because he rescues people everyday. Yet, don’t you think it’s kind of weird that he’s always there whenever somebody is in trouble?” she asked.

“Well I think that’s the reason of why he’s such a big hero! You know, the fact that he’s always there when you need him is pretty amazing!” he said enthusiastically. She sighed and said in an exasperated whisper,

“You just don’t get it Ash…” He looked at her strangely, but seeing that they were already at the top, he decided to drop it so he could concentrate on his match. He pushed open the cold metal door as the clean air rushed in. The dark clouds were back in the sky, but they seemed to be leaving the area with the sun shining above them. With every footstep he took his heart beat faster. He didn’t know why he was so nervous… He clenched his fists uneasily as his stomach turned inside of him. He climbed up the short metal stairs and stopped on the designated spot for the trainers as Misty took her spot by the referee. Standing across from him was Alexander with his hand casually in his jacket pocket as he frowned across at him. His faithful pokemon was perched on his shoulder, his quiet brooding interrupted by the sudden challenger. He glared across at Ash and his hair stood on end as the vulture-like pokemon stared at him, as if he was dissecting him bit-by-bit in his mind. The referee quickly glanced at both trainers and raised his flags into the air.

“Challenger Ash Ketchum will face Avia Town Gym Leader Alexander for the Soar Badge. It will be a two-on-two battle provided that each trainer has enough pokemon for the match.” There was a long pause as Ash concentrated on Alexander. He stood motionless like a statue, yet the Gym leader’s mind ran fiercely in his head, calculating anything that Ash could throw at him… Ash snapped back to reality when he realized that everything was quiet. He looked around and realized that everyone was looking at him.

“Oh! Yeah, yeah, I have a Muntein pokemon…” he said as his hand felt over Virgel’s pokeball. Pikachu slapped his forehead as he shook his head in embarrassment at his trainer’s stupidity.

“OK then… Ready?” They both quickly nodded. “BEGIN!”

“Go Pikachu!” Ash yelled. His pokemon jumped off of his shoulder and onto the match floor.

“Go ahead, Covvul.” Alexander said calmly. His pokemon squawked fiercely as he ascended into the air, flapping his magnificent jet black wings.

“What is he thinking? I have a type advantage against him…” he thought. “This is going to be easy…” he muttered to himself. “Alright Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!” Pikachu charged up and fired off a bright bolt of electricity directly at the bird.

“Quick Attack!” Alexander yelled out sharply. Covvul quickly dodged the attack at an amazing speed as he ascended higher and higher into the sky. Ash gritted his teeth in frustration as he knew that he would have to come up with a different strategy to counter Covvul’s staggering speed.

“Use Agility and then Thunderbolt!” He smiled at his ingenious plan as Pikachu took off at a blinding speed. Alexander wouldn’t know what would hit him… Pikachu darted across the field, almost at an invisible speed as Covvul tried to spot him on the field.

“Covvul, use Haze to hide yourself.” The pokemon cried out as he began to fly around in a circle. He shook his feathers vigorously and thick black dust began to spread all around him. Ash cursed at Alexander’s quick wit once he saw that the pokemon was enveloped in a thick black fog that would block out the sun if it was shining in the sky. Pikachu stood still for a moment on the field, wondering what he could do now when Alexander called out fiercely,

“Use Quick Attack to catch them by surprise!” Suddenly out of the fog, Covvul darted out and launched himself towards Pikachu from behind. Before he even could have the chance to face his attacker, Pikachu was struck down by the quick tackle. He fell back in pain, but quickly picked himself up, determined not to give up.

“Keep going, Covvul!” Alexander bellowed coldly. The bird flew back into the dark cloud as Pikachu looked around for the pokemon, attentive for any noise that Covvul could make. He shot out of the cloud behind Pikachu and struck him again with another Quick Attack. Pikachu keeled over face forward as his face rubbed against the hard, cold match floor as Covvul hid amongst the dark clouds. Ash looked on in frustration as Pikachu stood up shakily and breathed heavily in exhaustion. Misty looked bewildered at the cloud. It was strikingly similar to the black fog of the mountains which would also explain the bird-like figure she saw inside the fog during their climb up the mountain. If that was true then that would mean it was Alexander who staged all of the accidents in the mountain… She gasped in shock then glared at Alexander who watched on emotionlessly at the match as his pokemon continued to fly down and attack Pikachu with blinding Quick Attacks when Pikachu least expected it.

“You’re a fake and you know it!” Misty screamed at Alexander as she ran into the middle of the field and pointed towards him. Everyone turned to look at her, surprised at her sudden outburst and they stood in silence, waiting for a response from Alexander. Typical of his character, he ignored her comment and said in low gruff voice,

“You are interfering with this match. Step off of the match floor before I declare this as an act of forfeiting on behalf of your friend.” She remained unmoving even though she could Ash screaming from behind her to get off of the arena.

“Come on Misty! I really need to win this badge!”

“You have until the count of three before Ash from Pallet is disqualified!” The pleads of Ash and the authoritative voice of the referee mixed together in a disarray of sounds as Misty stared coldly at Alexander. He continued to scowl with his thick black eyebrows furrowed deeply over his eyes, making no movement at all. Ash fell onto his knees and pleaded desperately towards her with the palms of his hands clasped together.

Please Misty; get off of the stage before I’m disqualified!” She turned to him sharply and spoke in a fierce tone, drowning out the forewarning countdown of the referee.

“You don’t understand Ash. This man has been using his pokemon to endanger the lives of the rock climbers of this area just so he can enjoy being in the limelight!” The referee finished his countdown and raised Alexander’s flag into the air.

“This match has ended due to the act of forfeit from-” Alexander raised his powerful hand, silencing the referee as the young man looked on in confusion.

“I want to hear what this girl has to say about me,” he said quietly towards the referee. He then turned to face her. “Go ahead; tell me what crazy theories you have made up about me, this wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened so by all means, do not hesitate!” She gritted her teeth in anger at his nonchalant attitude towards her accusation, but she continued without faltering.

“You’ve been using your pokemon’s Haze attack so you could create a fog not only to block out your target’s sight, but also to hide your pokemon as he does your dirty work inside of the fog!” He remained unconvinced even though Ash and the referee were very interested to hear what she had to say. “I realized it when I was attacked yesterday by your pokemon as we climbed the cliff. When I was covered inside that thick black cloud, I could feel your pokemon flying around behind me, scattering his dust to make the cloud. Then after he was done, he was going to pull me off of the cliff if it wasn’t for Ash’s pokemon coming to save me!” Everyone stared in shock at the accusation. Everyone except for Alexander; he had his eyes closed as if he was in a state of deep thought.

“That explains why he’s always there when someone is in trouble!” Ash blurted out. Misty turned around and he smirked back at her, completely understanding now.

“That’s strange because I also had that same sensation as if something was flying behind me when I was also rescued by Alexander in the mountains…” the referee said thoughtfully. Everyone’s attention was now turned towards Alexander who remained motionless. He suddenly opened his eyes fiercely as his nostrils flared in anger. He stepped quickly towards Misty as he clenched his fists in rage.

“What would you know about me anyway, you pestering girl?!” he screamed in unabated anger. She stepped back in fright as he neared closer to her. The referee jumped onto the match floor and held him back as the veins in the neck of the Gym leader popped out as his blood rushed to his head. “All the years that I was mocked for having an unnatural obsession with the mountains… It’s the least those miserable people in that vile town deserve!” Misty stepped up bravely to him as she spoke in a soft whisper,

“But why would you do such a horrible thing? Don’t you know that you could kill somebody if anything bad happened?!” He closed his eyes in pain at her comment as his hands shook in anger.

“I don’t CARE! I don’t care what happens to anybody! Not after what they did to me in my childhood…” he spoke more gently now as he flashbacked to a past time.

“I was always different when I was younger… Everyone couldn’t wait to go hang gliding after school and they would do it everyday. I would always go to the mountains after class ended though, and usually by myself… I didn’t like to hang glide because I was severely afraid of heights! And nobody would want to talk me because of my supposed ‘unnatural obsession’. One day though…” His expression changed as his voice grew more intense and volatile. “They found me one day sitting on the side of the mountain after they finishing their hang gliding. They offered me to ride on it and I refused. They continued to coax me until they grew frustrated and forced me into that despicable metal harness! They threw me off of the side of the cliff and laughed as I screamed in terror…” He couldn’t bear it anymore as a tear slid down his cheek. Misty really sympathized with him and she neared closer to him. He quickly lifted his head as he fought back his tears. He breathed heavily as he avoided everyone’s gaze until he stopped crying.

“That still doesn’t mean you have to get back at everyone for such a horrible thing… Not everyone is bad, as you can see since everyone thinks of you as the town hero!” Misty said with a warm smile. He looked back at her with his usual scowl.

“I don’t care if I am the town hero or not! Everything is just an empty victory since they’ve started to hail me as a hero. In fact, maybe one day… Covvul won’t be able to catch someone in time and they’ll suffer an unfortunate accident…” His face contorted into a twisted smile that spread from cheek to cheek. Misty felt a shiver go up her spine as chills ran through her body as he took his position back on the other side, his smile starting to fade away from his face. The referee pulled Misty back off of the field as she looked back at Alexander. Somewhere inside of his soul, she knew he was still begging to be set free from the grips of vengeance…

“The match will now commence once again once all the pokemon from each side return to the match field,” the referee declared as he raised his head and his flags towards the dark grey sky as he waited for Covvul to descend. The Brooding pokemon landed back onto the ground and matched Alexander’s scowl as he glared across at Ash and Pikachu, unnerving them both. The referee looked at both of them, nodded, and yelled out,

“BEGIN!!!”

“Into the sky again, Covvul!” Alexander yelled out. He took off the ground with a cry as he ascended rapidly into the air. “Now use Haze!” Covvul shook his feathers powerfully as once again, the black dust from his feathers began to form a black fog.

“Oh no you don’t!” Ash yelled. “Pikachu, shock Covvul before he gets the chance to set up that Haze!” The yellow rodent shot off a Thunderbolt that was aimed directly at the bird pokemon. Covvul quickly moved to the left in an attempt to dodge the attack, but it managed to catch his right wing. He shrieked in pain, but he was soon covered inside the dark black haze of the dust from his feathers, hiding his whereabouts from Ash and Pikachu.

“Use Quick Attack now!” Alexander yelled suddenly as Ash struggled to find a way to counter his strategy. Covvul flew out of the cloud, but at a much slower pace, slow enough that it allowed enough time for Ash to think of a plan. As Covvul approached Pikachu, Ash waited so he could get the timing right.

“Now Pikachu jump and use Iron Tail!” Pikachu back flipped as Covvul passed beneath him and just as he lashed out with his tail, Covvul dodged just in time to avoid any damage. Ash grunted in frustration at how close he was as Covvul entered the black fog again. Suddenly he remembered an old tactic that he and Pikachu had practiced over their time spent alone in Johto a few years ago.

“Pikachu, charge all of your energy into a Thunder!” Pikachu looked behind him, surprised at hearing the old tactic. Ash gave him a knowing wink and Pikachu smirked back. He began to charge an unbelievable amount of energy into a Thunder that almost drained him of his energy. He unleashed the attack and shot it directly above him. It cut through the fog and made a hole as it passed, but it completely missed Covvul who was on the other side of the cloud. Alexander shook his head in disappointment as he considered Ash’s plan completely absurd. Even Misty didn’t know what the heck he was planning. But apparently the plan was working perfectly as Ash had a smirk on his face that simply meant he was up to something. He knew that from all the amount of energy the Thunder attack was holding, it would come back down to the earth and plow through anything in its path. He just needed to time it well…

“Enough! Let’s end this Covvul and take him out with a Quick Attack!” He appeared out of the fog as he sped towards Pikachu. Pikachu turned around as he faced him directly, waiting for him to approach.

“Dodge now and grab him!” Ash yelled. Pikachu jumped into the air and he grabbed hold of the feathers on Covvul’s back. “Flip him around and hit him with a Thunderbolt!” Using his momentum, Pikachu turned Covvul over and threw him up. He shot off a Thunderbolt and it hit Covvul squarely and he cried out in pain from the super-effective hit. Suddenly, fed by the force of gravity of the earth, the Thunder that Pikachu had shot before returned back down from the sky and hit Covvul squarely on, increasing the intensity of the electricity flowing through his body. He yelled louder until Pikachu stopped shocking him. He fell to the ground limply as he sizzled from the two electrical attacks, fainting on the spot.

“Covvul is unable to battle! Pikachu is the winner!” Ash jumped up in victory as he pumped his fist into the air while Pikachu flashed the victory sign with his fingers. Misty yelled and cheered as Alexander sullenly returned his faithful pokemon to his respective pokeball.

“You did good…” he whispered to the pokeball. He looked up to the field with a look of determination. He knew it was a clever plan and he now acknowledged Ash as a worthy opponent. “Let’s go… my friend…” He pulled a pokeball hidden behind his cloak at the back of his belt and he threw it forward. A pink colored bird pokemon sprang out of the ball and called her name calmly while spreading her tiny wings
. Ash was taken aback by the new pokemon in front of him and immediately pulled out his Pokedex and it began to display the new pokemon’s information:

“Flingmo, the Long Leg Pokemon. 4’ 10”, Normal/Flying: The legs on this pokemon are at least three feet long, accounting for more than half of this pokemon’s height. Its long neck is very elastic-like that it can constrict its prey like a snake then proceed to peck at it with its sharp beak. It mainly attacks using its long, stretchy legs, yet rarely uses its wings, due to the fact that they are too short to be of any use offensively. But they can use these wings to fly if they curl up their legs into their body in order to balance itself out. Because it uses mainly Fighting-type attacks, a lot of research has been involved into this pokemon to determine the reason why it is a Normal-type instead. The results of this research pointed to the calm and carefree nature of these pokemon; because they are so peaceful, they lose all of their Fighting-type traits.”

The Pokedex closed up and Ash sized up their new opponent; her feathers gleamed brightly as the sun began to appear from behind the clouds. Her beak curved like a scythe and she stretched out her legs. She looked across at them calmly yet she had the appearance of a seasoned fighter with a fire burning in those calm and lazy eyes.

“The fight will now begin!” the referee yelled.

“Hit her with a Thunderbolt!” Ash called out. Pikachu charged electricity while Alexander yelled to his pokemon,

“Charge forward and attack him!” Flingmo ran forward, her long legs stretching out in front of her as she charged towards Pikachu. Pikachu shot the bolt directly at the bird who was rushing towards him. With lightning-quick reflexes, she leapt up into the air and curled her legs into her body, dodging the Thunderbolt. She resembled an American football as she flew towards Pikachu quickly, flapping her tiny wings up and down. She extended her leg and kicked Pikachu in the face powerfully. He flew backwards and slid across the ground until he came to a stop. He picked himself up slowly, all the while in pain as he breathed heavily, his vision blurring as he tried to focus on his opponent who began to run towards him again.

“Use Bounce to end this match!” She stopped in her tracks, contracted her legs then jumped high into the air aiming directly for Pikachu. Ash panicked as she began her descent, extending her feet preparing for the final attack.

“Pikachu, you have to move out of the way!” But he didn’t respond; he was too busy catching his breath, too tired from the long and winding match with Covvul. Flingmo’s foot collided with Pikachu’s body and crushed him into the ground. He yelled in pain from the astounding pressure of the attack until he fainted from the pain.

“Pikachu is unable to battle! Flingmo is the winner!” She held her stringy neck upwards in victory as she smiled with Alexander behind her nodding his head knowingly; he knew he had made the right choice in choosing her to battle Pikachu since he was so tired from the battle. Ash ran towards the field and picked Pikachu off of the ground gently.

“Are you okay, buddy?” he spoke in a gentle whisper. The little mouse gave him a weak smile and tried to lift his head, but could not muster the energy. “Don’t worry, you did a good job today. Take a nice rest…” Ash said smiling. Pikachu returned his smile and fell asleep. His face turned serious as he left Pikachu in Misty’s arms and he returned to his spot on the match floor. He took a pokeball off of his belt and looked at it. He closed his eyes and, in a low whisper, he began to speak to it,

“I know we haven’t had a battle together yet… But I need you to do this… For me and for you…” He lowered the pokeball and threw it forward as Alexander and the Long Leg pokemon awaited their new opponent. Virgel appeared out of his pokeball and spread his wings as he tightened his fists while emitting a powerful battle cry. The referee lifted both flags in the air and dropped them.

“BEGIN!!!” Virgel charged towards Flingmo with his fist reared behind him, charging up for a Mega Punch. Alexander waited for him until he released his punch.

“Constrict his arm!” She wrapped her neck around his arm and stopped him flat. He struggled to be set free from the grip, but she had him strongly wrapped in her neck.

“Now use Peck!” She jabbed at him with her beak as he stood helpless in her constriction as he was hit by the barrage of Peck attacks.

“You have to break free! Use your wing!” Ash called out. He winced in pain as Flingmo continued to attack, but he managed to stand up and smack her with his large wing. Her head swung back and she loosened her grip on his arm. He pulled out and jumped back as he outstretched his wings. Her neck returned to its original form as she awaited orders from her trainer.

“Take to the air.” Alexander said calmly yet calculating his and Ash’s every move. She leapt into the air as she curled her long legs into her body. She ascended into the air and circled around the dome. The sun was out and it shined majestic yellow rays onto the dome of the building. Virgel followed his opponent in the sky with his eyes as he eagerly awaited Ash’s orders. He stood still, trying to figure out a battle plan for Virgel since this was their first time battling side by side.

“Go, now!” Flingmo dive-bombed towards Virgel who was now pressured to move. He looked desperately at Ash who was also panicking. They locked eyes and at once they calmed down. Their thoughts were clear and now they understood one other as though they were linked together by a psychic bind. Ash nodded towards Virgel and he nodded back as he leapt up into the air, dodging Flingmo by a second. She stopped herself from hitting the ground by extending her legs. She looked up and sprang into the air as Alexander yelled,

“Follow him!” They chased each other around the sky directly above the match floor, not allowed to move from the boundaries or else they faced disqualification. Which is exactly what Alexander had on his mind.

“Hit him in the back, Flingmo!” She extended her long neck and pecked at him until he lost control. He came barreling dangerously close to the match line until he regained balance. She approached him and stopped before him. They locked eyes as they tried to read each other’s movements.

“Use Peck to knock him out of the sky!”

“Wrap your arms around her body!” Everyone looked at Ash, shocked at his command, but he had a simple smirk on his face that reaffirmed everyone that he was planning something. She proceeded to peck at Virgel as he wrapped his arms around her round body, wincing in pain from the sharp stabs of her beak. He covered her wings and she struggled to be set free, pecking at his shoulder while flailing her legs.

“Let go of her and knock her down with a Wing Attack!” Ash yelled, determined his plan was going to work. He threw her down and swiped her with his wing. She fell at a high speed towards the ground until she collided forcefully with it.

“Finish the job with a barrage of Comet Punches!” Ash cried out, smiling in victory. He dived at where she had crashed into the ground and hit her with a bombardment of quick and effective punches. She cried in pain as Alexander watched on helplessly with no effective counter in mind. Virgel finally stopped and he jumped back standing in front of her. She didn’t move as her head rested on the ground, her eyes closed from defeat.

“Alexander has been defeated! The winner is Ash Ketchum!” the referee declared as he lifted Ash’s green flag in the air. He jumped up and down in happiness as he ran towards his pokemon with his arms held out in front of him. Virgel smiled and jumped into Ash’s arms as he laughed and congratulated him on battling so well. Misty walked behind him and slapped him hard on the back, knocking his hat off. He turned around only to be met by her warm, gentle smile. He smiled back and laughed as she joined him as the sun shone brightly on the horizon.
They stood in front of the Gym, waiting for Alexander who was bringing his badge. He opened the large double doors of the Gym with a sigh as Covvul rested on his shoulder. He seemed tired yet he no longer scowled which Misty immediately noticed. He looked at Ash then at Misty. And then he smiled. Not his twisted smile that sent chills down the spines of everyone, but a warm half-smile that reached halfway up his cheek as his eyes glimmered with kindness.

“Over the past few minutes, I have learned… a lot… I learned… that I was miserable…and that I was horrible for taking out my misery on the citizens of Avia Town. They meant no harm to me and what I did to them was wrong… I misled them and endangered their lives for something that had happened years ago. And all it took was for you to discover me, Misty. I am truly grateful to you.” He bowed his head respectfully towards her as she smiled modestly. “To be honest, if it weren’t for that fateful day, I would have never met Covvul here!” he said smiling as he petted the head of his longtime companion. “If I was never pushed out on that hang glider and cried for help, Covvul would have never sensed me and rescued me… In a way, I owe it to those school bullies for finding me the only friend I ever really needed in my life.” He finished petting Covvul’s head and turned to them. “But that’s not what you waited for so here is what you truly want Ash.” He pulled out a silver badge that had three silver boomerang-shaped crests that ran upwards with three thin black lines running vertically through them. Ash looked at it in awe then at Alexander. He nodded at Ash and he grabbed it eagerly. His blood rushed through him as he raised the badge in the air then thrust it out in front of him in his classic pose, smiling from excitement. Misty exhaled from relief; she was very nervous for Ash before the match even started and now that he had won… she was immensely happy. Ash smiled brightly as he looked back at Alexander. He returned his smile and extended his wide hairy hand at Ash. He looked at it in surprise then shook his hand with a smile.

“You fought very well today Ash. I can tell that you are going to go far…” Alexander said, with deep admiration in his voice. He nodded, in great disbelief, but also in overwhelming gratitude. After a few minutes, they waved their hands in the air as they looked back at Alexander who had his two pokemon out. They waved back as Ash and Misty walked off into the sunset, Ash taking the zip line down while Misty was carried off by Virgel, heading towards their next destination…

Author's Notes​
Well there you go! A chapter to hold you off for another 3 weeks! :D I'm just kidding (the scary part is it might be true :eek:) Anyway, as I wrote about Alexander's past, I was actually going to make him someone that had killed a civilian on accident and he was driven by guilt by it... but I decided this story was much darker and cooler! :D That's basically it...
Title Explanation: Title is pretty self-explanatory, the Gym battle is on top of the dome of the Gym... As for Flingmo, I can't help but smile everytime I read that name in my mind. Flingmo... :D Anyway, the name is just a play on Flamingo which is the type of bird she is obviously based off of. The play is to make it sound like a fighting type as in the word "fling."

Okay so that's it for now, things are starting to move along in this fic as per Chapter 12. You'll see the introduction of one of the rivals that Ash and encounters on this journey and they begin to travel to their next Gym. Where will they go? Which Gym will they choose and what new pokemon will they encounter? Who is this rival? All of your questions will be answered will be answered in the next two months when this chapter is finally posted up! :p

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Sweet... a new chapter... (checks el toros post) 2 MONTHS!?!?!?!?! (falls over, dead from the long wait). Oh well, all good authors need time to create an excellant chapter. And what an excellant chap. that was, too! So, the Gym Leader turns out to be a bad guy, who does good things for bad reasons. And, of course, more AAML hints! Keep up the good work, el toro, and take a break: You deserve it. xXPorygonXx, out!;137;

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Oooh, that was interesting! I loved the battle, the way Virgel ended it was soooo brutal...loved it! *grins sadisically* And Flingmo is a good idea as well, I loved the way it was! Great work! :)

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
That chapter was very suspensful and well written. I'm glad a new pokemon was added for a grand total of 5 (?) Muntein pokemon. Can't wait for the next installment, just hope it's not going to take two months!!

el_toro

Superfly
Sweet... a new chapter... (checks el toros post) 2 MONTHS!?!?!?!?! (falls over, dead from the long wait). Oh well, all good authors need time to create an excellant chapter. And what an excellant chap. that was, too! So, the Gym Leader turns out to be a bad guy, who does good things for bad reasons. And, of course, more AAML hints! Keep up the good work, el toro, and take a break: You deserve it. xXPorygonXx, out!;137;

I hope you all realized that I was kidding when I said it was going to take two months! :p :rolleyes:
Anyway, now that I'm posting a reply I might as well give you some insight into the upcoming chapter: Chapter 12 has them returning back to the Evergreen region to go back to Conifer Town. It's 15 pages long as of now so it's pretty long and it has two new pokemon which are the starters of Muntein! Anyway I'm glad you all liked the new chapter. I wonder though: what did you all think about Alexander?

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
HOOAH !

new chapter, and I have time to review ! :)

“Alright, well you have two choices: you can either choose the regular hang glider…” He pointed to a neon yellow hang glider with two harnesses strapped to the metal bars attached to the wings. “Or…” he said with a coy grin, “You can choose the couple glider that we are currently having a special on; 50 percent discount!” He pointed to the glider that lay next to the neon yellow hang glider: its wings were shaped as a giant pink heart with white flowers along the edge of the wings with cursive letters written on the back that read: Flying High with Love. Ash and Misty both gave the young man a repulsed look as they both were repelled from the sickeningly cute design of the glider.

“I think we’ll just take the regular one…” Ash said quickly averting his gaze from the couple glider. Misty agreed, taken aback from the whacky glider. The blonde boy shrugged and took out piece of paper from his pocket. With the pencil that was resting on his ear, he began to calculate the prices on the paper. Ash looked at him curiously until he flipped the paper around and showed Ash the cost of renting a regular hang glider. His mouth dropped open as his eyes widened at the unbelievable price.

“I can’t afford this!” he exclaimed. He looked over at Misty to see what she thought. She smirked at him and he wondered for a moment what she was smiling about until he realized that she was looking at the cheaper yet humiliating design of the couple’s glider.

“Oh no…”
They were now on their way to Avia Town Gym, cutting through town as Ash walked quickly down the path with Misty trying to catch up behind him.

“Oh, come on Ash; don’t tell me you’re embarrassed!” Misty teased. He lowered his hat in shame as he walked faster. She grinned as she remembered their brief flight over the town; Misty convinced him, or rather forced him, onto the lovey-dovey hang glider and they traveled over the town as the people below them jeered at them from below. As they passed in front of a small brown house, a crowd of people recognized them and started to shout at them.

“Aw, look, it’s the High Flying Couple!”

“Let’s see a kiss!”

THIS PART PWNS ALL !!!! :D :D :D

“Ash…” He looked at her and saw that she was in deep thought, as if something was troubling her. “Haven’t you gotten a weird feeling… about that guy Alexander?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Like what?”

“Well… as if he wasn’t what he’s supposed to be…?”

“What?” Ash said, completely confused at what Misty was trying to get at.

“Everybody in town thinks he’s such a big hero because he rescues people everyday. Yet, don’t you think it’s kind of weird that he’s always there whenever somebody is in trouble?” she asked.

“Well I think that’s the reason of why he’s such a big hero! You know, the fact that he’s always there when you need him is pretty amazing!” he said enthusiastically. She sighed and said in an exasperated whisper,

“You just don’t get it Ash…”

well, we all know that Ash isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer for just about anything :rolleyes: :)

woot ! Ash defeateed that foney hero and got his first badge !!! xD

Yeah...Misty's allways happy for him :rolleyes:

what do I think of Alexander ? I understand him, I pity him and I forgive him...It's only human to react like he did...childhood trauma is a very ugly thing...

Nice work once again el_toro ! :)

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
I wonder though: what did you all think about Alexander?

Hmm, what I thought? I can understand and pity Alexander for how he reacted, like shadow shipper said, childhood trauma is an ugly thing. Even so, I don't approve of his toying with people's lives like that.

Great chapter, el_toro! Sorry I didnt review earlier! Anyways, this was again a very interesting chapter. The Flamingo Pokemon was drawn nicely, and it's type was expected. I thought it would have been Flying/Water, but Flying/Normal is just as good! Anyways, as you can see, this fic is going well. Too bad that none of the fics have a chance to get published, this fic would have done well.

“Man I would love to get with that redhead!” The two of them cheered and screamed and she turned around enraged.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” she bellowed. His friend cowered, rejoining the group, but the young brown-haired man walked up to her with as much macho confidence he could muster. He had a smug look on his face with his eyes half lowered and he opened his mouth to say something when Misty threw a punch that hit him across the face that knocked one of his teeth out. He fell to the ground and she immediately started to stomp him with her feet since she couldn’t use her other hand to hit him. His group of friends yelled in protest, but didn’t move from their spot against the wall of the white house (they were probably too scared) as she continued her onslaught against the defenseless man. Ash ran up behind her and grabbed her arms as she panted furiously. He walked her back up the hill to the Gym as she continued to scream at the group that was now helping their battered and bloodied friend up until they were out of sight.

I love too read this part was Ash jealous there?
Don't worry with the days
You have not hurry with the chapters.
We read your chapters many times
I wait on the next part
Keep up the good work

el_toro

Superfly
I love too read this part was Ash jealous there?
Don't worry with the days
You have not hurry with the chapters.
We read your chapters many times
I wait on the next part
Keep up the good work

I also like that part too! :D Just to see Misty flip out like that was pretty fun to write about and I'm glad you liked it! As for how long I take for the chapters, yeah I know I shouldn't worry about the wait, but it's something that I want to strive for, like a goal, to be able to post up a chapter in a week... Assuring of course that its good quality! :p

Yea I can also understand and sympathize with Alexander for what was done to him, but I agree with Artemis Ignitan that he shouldn't be exacting his revenge like that. But overall I'm glad how his story ended since that'll probably be the last time we see of him again... Anyway, time for a brief status check! I've written about four pages into Chapter 13 O_O since I last posted the last chapter two weeks ago! Sorry about that, but I had a minor writers block, but now it's all better so I should be getting into the flow of things. So hopefully I can have Chapter 12 posted before I hit that three week mark AGAIN!

Just as a brief note, I'm actually starting to invest some money into a labtop so that way I'll be able to dedicate more time to this fic and will have less distractions if any of my family members needs to use the computer! :)

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
What do I think of Alexander? Hhmm, interesting. On the one hand, he did save people from dieing. However, he only did it so people would like him. el toro, did you create Alexander with a phobia of being forgotten by people? Because I suffer from that phobia, and it seems to me that Alexander suffers from it too. Yeah, good luck with the chapter! xXPorygonXx, out!;137;

el_toro

Superfly
What do I think of Alexander? Hhmm, interesting. On the one hand, he did save people from dieing. However, he only did it so people would like him. el toro, did you create Alexander with a phobia of being forgotten by people? Because I suffer from that phobia, and it seems to me that Alexander suffers from it too. Yeah, good luck with the chapter! xXPorygonXx, out!;137;

Sorry I haven't answered yet! I meant to answer a lot sooner, but I kept forgetting! To be honest I had never heard of that phobia before... It's actually pretty interesting! :D So as you can plainly see, Alexander had no phobias in mind. And he did his little 'rescue' missions just so he could get back at the school bullies by making the citizens of Avia Town experience the terror he had suffered back then... I know it sounds a bit creepy, but what can I say, he's a creepy guy! :D

And MistyLover, I know what you mean by Flingmo being a water type. Originally I had him planned to be a crane (making more sense since there is a fighting style named after the bird), but I got mixed up and he turned into a Flamingo! (I forgot what a crane looked like and thought it had a hooked beak) So that's one of the main reasons why Alexander has a pink pokemon on his team! :p

A Status Check: 10 pages have been written for Chapter 13 yet it's been ridden with terrible writer's block! :( Don't worry though I have a whole weekend off so if I don't finish it by then, I'll go crazy. :)

Demonic Dialga

Loving the fic, high marks all around. Evil guys rule! (except when they get in the way of shippyness!) you are doing a great job, only thing I'd like to see is a bit more shippyness, but please add me to pm list.

el_toro

Superfly
First things first:
Nice to see you Demonic Dialga, I'm glad you're enjoying the fic so far and as promised you'll be added on the PM list (which if I recall should look something like this):
PM List
Artemis Ignitan
crystal-zephyr
Esperon
MistyLover
QuixMystique647
qwerqwer
shoujaoi-fangirl
Xumahare
XxM!styxX
Orenji-chan
xXPorygonXx
Demonic Dialga

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it a lot! ^_^

Now to what you've all been waiting for so patiently: CHAPTER 12!!! Alright well I must say even though I didn't work on Chapter 12 for TWO WHOLE WEEKS I managed to write ten pages worth of it in TWO DAYS! Weird huh? So anyway, Chapter 13 is 25 pages long. That's reasonable, right? :) A brief summary before we get started with Chapter 12: Ash has just beaten Alexander and is now back on the road. To where? You'll soon find out! :D

BRIEF NOTE: MistyLover makes a brief cameo at the end of this story though he is not properly introduced yet (though he knows since I sent him Chapter 12 a week earlier as a birthday present! :D) Without further ado:

Chapter 12- The Dojo Fiasco!​
Ash and Misty, now without a cast on her left hand, walked through the silent forest as the sun shone from above through the cracks of the leaves of the trees in yellow thin rays of light. They had exited the Mineral region and were now back in Evergreen with Ash in charge of the map again, much to Misty’s displeasure. They stopped near a boulder covered in moss with a pond sitting at the foot of its base as a tiny river leaked out of its core. They let out all of their pokemon by the pond; Misty releasing the four pokemon that she brought from Cerulean City along with Ash’s two pokemon. Her Gyarados bathed happily in the water as Pikachu balanced on top of his head. Staryu soaked up the clear blue water from the pond and sprayed Azumarill playfully with a Water Gun while Quagsire and Virgel talked to each other at the foot of the green boulder. Ash and Misty sat down on top of a smaller rock farther away from the pond and as Misty took out a pair of sandwiches from her backpack, Ash began to look over the map quickly, hoping Misty wouldn’t catch him trying to find out exactly where they were. Out of the corner of her eye she could see that he was hunched over the map trying to hide it as he glanced repeatedly over his shoulder to see if she was looking at him or not. She shook her head and pretended not to notice him as she laid out the sandwiches on the rock and began to prepare the pokemon food. Not having Brock around sure made things a lot harder on her part… Though she liked being able to travel with Ash alone. She smiled at that thought as he sat right in front of her with the map hidden underneath his denim jacket. The pokemon food were laid out in separate bowls for each pokemon and she began to eat her ham sandwich with Ash way ahead of her, half of his mustard, pepper, ham, turkey, bologna, ketchup, mayonnaise, and onion sandwich finished. Everything was kept in a serene silence as everyone ate and finished their food peacefully. She sat down admiring the view of the sun radiantly hidden behind the blanket of the green leaves of the tree when Ash stood up abruptly, obstructing her view.

“I think it’s time we should get going now.” After stretching leisurely, he returned Virgel back to his pokeball and Pikachu jumped on top of his shoulder. She followed suit and returned all of her pokemon back to their respective pokeballs and walked by his side as they walked into the dense forest. She stood really close to him and he looked over at her, feeling half curious and half nervous at the same time.

“Ash wouldn’t you agree that that was a good meal?” she asked with a small grin on her face. He was confused by this random question.

“Yeah… why?”

“Oh because I worked really hard on it! Thanks Ash!” She wrapped her arms underneath his jacket in a hug and he was taken aback by this sudden hug. Just as quickly as she had hugged him, she let go of him and soon ran ahead, leaving him behind frozen in place and completely confused to what had just happened. He crossed his arms until he noticed something had gone missing underneath his jacket.

“Hey where’s the map?!” Then in sudden realization, “Misty, get back here with the map!” He waved his hand in the air at her as she continued to run ahead of him with the map gleefully in her possession.
“That was a really dirty trick you pulled on me back there,” Ash said in low spirits as they walked on a dirt path through the forest with Misty in the lead as she looked at the map. A couple of hours before, they were heading for Conifer Town after just leaving Avia Town because he kept on bugging her about how he could have easily found the way to Conifer Town if it weren’t for the confusing directions of the lady from the booth. She had reached her boiling point and told him,

“Well if the directions were that confusing and you’re so good at reading maps why don’t you lead us from here on?” He gladly agreed and took the map from her, but she had a feeling in her gut that they were going to get lost again and she wasn’t looking forward to wandering in a forest for days with no clue of where to go. So she took matters in her own hands, in this case literally as she held the crumpled map in her hands looking very carefully at the winding routes of the forest. According to the map, they were directly on the path that would take them to Conifer Town so all they needed to do was keep walking forward until they reached the town. She figured they wouldn’t get lost under her lead so she folded the map again and walked happily up the road as Ash moaned and groaned behind her.
The forest opened up before their eyes into a large wide town surrounded by tall trees that cast tall shadows over the tiny houses spread throughout the clearing. Each house was made solely out of wooden planks including a gigantic house that lay to the south of the town that Ash figured to be the Pokemon Gym. A sign pointed in the direction of the town read: “Conifer Town” and as their eyes passed over it, their hearts leapt in joy as they sprinted down the road and taking their first step into the secluded town.

As they walked deeper and deeper into the town, they could see from their own eyes how much this town depended on the trees that circled around the town. Each building was made out of wood with no electricity running through it to corrupt the simple way of life of the reclusive town; the tiny wheelbarrows that carried assortments of fruit and berries that grew on the tall trees ran from side to side hauled by sweating men was made out of wood, the chairs that the wives of the working men as they sewed clothes for their babies resting quietly inside the cabin was made out of wood, the babies that rocked peacefully, prone to cry at any given moment were resting in rockers made of wood…

Ash and Misty had to walk far down the road to be able to reach the Pokemon Center that was hidden behind a line of tall trees, as if the town residents were ashamed to harbor the electronically advanced building. They entered through the automatic sliding doors and were greeted brightly by a perky Nurse Joy, apparently happy to see some visitors in her vacant Center. As they walked up to the desk, she spoke to them with unmasked curiosity in her voice,

“So what brings you two here today?”

“Well I’d like you to heal my pokemon if you could,” Ash said handing over the sole pokeball along with Pikachu.

“As well as mine, please,” Misty said as she handed over all four of her pokeballs to the Nurse Joy. As the machine healed their pokemon, Ash and Misty began to talk with the Nurse about why there was hardly anybody in the building; usually the Pokemon Center was a hotspot for trainers to hang out. She frowned at the question and she looked outside of the window that lay to her left.

“It’s all because of that building right there…” she said gazing mournfully at the big wooden house that they had seen entering into the town. “All of the trainers go inside that building to talk with the pretty young lady that teaches classes in there and when they’re not inside that building, they’re usually hanging out in the trees…”

“In the trees?!” Ash exclaimed. She nodded her head and pointed to a wooden bridge that connected two trees together far off in the distance. On the bridge, a group of mischievous boys plucked a round fruit off of the tree and threw it at one of the men that was pulling a wheelbarrow. It splattered on his head and he shook his hand at them threateningly as they laughed, running across the bridge. The machine beeped loudly signaling that their pokemon were fully healed and ready to go. She passed the silver metallic tray that held their pokemon to them with sorrow written on her face. Misty looked back at her sympathetically as she took back her pokeballs and placed them in her red backpack.

“Don’t worry; we’ll stop by for a visit once we’re done with what we have to do in this town…” Misty said reassuringly with a gentle smile. Nurse Joy smiled back at her and waved to them as they exited through the sliding double doors. Ash stretched leisurely in the warm rays of the sun as they made their way back into the town.

“I think we ought to go see what’s inside that building…” Ash said as they walked towards the center town. She turned angrily towards him.

“What about your Gym battle?! When I want to do something, you always complain and make up that excuse that you have to go to earn your next badge, but when there is a pretty girl involved, you all of sudden forget about your Gym badges, huh?” He turned his head and acted confused.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” he muttered.

“Well we’re going straight to the Gym, right now mister!” She pulled him by his ear as he yelled back at her as they walked past the wooden house.
She stood on the wooden bridge, shielding her eyes from the bright sun by holding her hand above her eyebrows as she searched for the Gym. Ash waited silently by her, arms crossed, with the pretty girl in the house in his thoughts.

“Maybe I can sneak away without her noticing?” he thought to himself. With Pikachu in his backpack with the zipper securely fastened so he wouldn’t mess up his plan, he tiptoed across the wooden bridge, trying not to make even the slightest sound. He had reached the end of the planked bridge and was so close to the hollow tree that he could see down the staircase in which they climbed up to get on the bridge. He took one more step forward when his toe landed on an old piece of wood and it snapped in two with a loud pop! He was safely on the bridge, but he looked back at Misty with a look of terror to see if she had noticed. She was looking at him questioningly, wondering what he was doing when all of a sudden he took off into the tree, sprinting like a maniac down the staircase. She immediately ran after him, yelling and shaking her fist in the air. He breathed heavily as he ran down the spiraling staircase as he looked behind him to see where Misty was. He stepped on his untied shoelace and stumbled down the staircase with Misty in close pursuit. As he rolled out of the tall tree, he crashed into the ground and he lay still with his face in the dirt, in too much pain to move when he heard Misty coming down the stairs. He quickly got up and made a break for the big building putting all of his strength in his sprint with Misty falling behind gradually. He reached the wooden doors and began to frantically pull at the door with all the might he could muster. It didn’t budge every time he pulled at it and he panicked and continued to pull frantically when he saw Misty nearing closer to him with her mallet in hand… The door opened from the inside and Ash ran face-on into the door and slid down slowly until he was on the ground. He looked up and noticed that on the handles of the door, in tiny letters that ran vertically down, it read: “Push.” Two guys about Ash’s age were walking through the doors that had just opened and didn’t even to seem to notice Ash who was sprawled out on the floor.

“…Man did you get a look at the teacher? Whew, what a fox!” the guy on the right said.

“Tell me about it! I don’t think I’ll ever see any girl hotter than her-” The boy on the left paused as he was talking as he looked at Misty getting ready to whack Ash over the head. From the corner of her eye she noticed him and looked back at the two silent guys as they walked past her and continued to stare at her. She turned away from them and was about to hit Ash over the head when they broke their silence.

“Oh man, what is a girl like her doing with a guy like him? She should ditch that guy and get with a stud like me!” he said confidently pointing at himself with his thumb. She got aggravated and threw the mallet at the back of the guys head. It struck him and he fell face forward into the dirt as his friend gaped in shock and fear at him then at her. She quickly picked Ash off the floor and dragged him into the house as she closed the doors behind her, eager to see who this girl was…
The door closed behind her and she let go of Ash as she looked at the inside of the building in amazement. Natural sunlight filtered in through the windows and the half open blinds hanging over them as it dyed the wide room a golden yellow. Scrolls were hung up on the wall with giant Japanese kanji on each poster standing for a specific word. White paper walls surrounded them and before them the wall slid open revealing a long hallway as a group of guys were leaving their class session. As soon as they exited through the front doors, Misty, followed by Ash and Pikachu, walked into the hallway. The wooden floor was tediously polished as it reflected their image on the floor and they looked around trying to find a sign of where the classes were. Ash faintly heard someone talking right next to him and he turned to look at where the sound was coming from. It came from behind one of the paper thin walls and he held onto the wooden frame of the wall and slid it open. The whole room was enveloped in silence as everyone stared at him then at Misty who joined him by his side. A large group of blue armored men were sitting cross-legged on the floor listening attentively to the young girl who was standing in front of them giving them directions. The young girl was dressed in a short red v-neck t-shirt that exposed her flat stomach and beige shorts that were too wide for her slender thighs with a mesh net tied tightly around her waist. She wore red and black boots that covered her shins and a black headband that held her messy hair back. Her hair was her strangest feature; it was divided into two colors on each side of her head: on the left side it was a bright pink, on the other side it was a bright green. Her lemon yellow eyes quickly glanced over Misty then remained centered on Ash. She smiled brightly at him that caused Ash (and Misty) to squirm nervously in their place.

“Hi!” she shouted loudly and enthusiastically at Ash, completely ignoring Misty who was eying her suspiciously. He muttered a hello at her, keeping his head ducked down as she stepped closer to him. “Are you here for the class?” He looked up at her and determined this must be the girl he heard so much about. She was definitely attractive, that’s for sure…

“Um not really, I was just looking around….” he lied. She smiled even more widely and she said,

“Well why don’t you join us?” He was about to refuse when she stepped forward and grabbed him by the hand dragging him into the room as she said, “Don’t worry about it. It’ll be fun!” with a wink of her eye.

“Wait! What about Misty?” Ash said looking back at her with a pleading look as she stood still in the doorway.

“Who?” the girl said agitated. She looked back at Misty then flatly said, “Oh. I guess she can come if she wants to.” She quickly turned away from her and dragged Ash into a small changing room that was at the back of the wide room as the whole group looked back at her. Misty ran across the room, not willing to leave her alone with Ash…
“Alright, before we start the class I need you to get dressed into this armor. You know, for protection…” she said as she handed him a dark blue set of armor that involved a facemask, a chest plate, a hip protector, and gloves. “Also, for purposes of training with us, I need you to wear our dojo clothes.” She handed him a white robe with a mischievous smile on her face as she stood in the room waiting for Ash to get dressed. He looked back at her strangely, wondering what she was still doing there, staring at him.

“Well aren’t you going to get dressed?” she asked with a smile. He looked back at her with his mouth gaping open and he didn’t know how to respond. “Oh I get it now! You don’t know how to get into the robe! Here let me show you…” She giggled as she approached closer to him with her hands extended in front of her as he cowered to the corner of the small room. Just before she could reach him, Misty came barging into the room, her chest heaving up and down as she was trying to catch her breath while at the same time she was trying to yell.

“WHAT…DO YOU….THINK…YOU’RE…DOING?!” The girl turned back and looked at her with curiosity.

“Who are you?” Misty shook her head in disbelief at this girl’s short term memory. “Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Here’s some robes and armor for the class. Go to the next room to change into them, I still have to show this cutie how to put on his robes.” She pinched Ash’s cheek playfully and he blushed from embarrassment. Misty was wide-eyed in horror and her anger was boiling inside her.

“I think Ash can handle it himself…” Misty said dragging the girl out of the room, much to her dislike.
After Ash and Misty had finished changing into their armor, they walked outside into the classroom to start the lesson with the pink and green haired girl. She smiled at Ash then glared at Misty as they sat down next to each other in the front of the group. Pikachu was sitting right next to Ash, eager to hear what this pretty girl had to teach.

“Hello everyone, my name is Tamara Timber and I’ll be teaching you the basics of the martial art of Kendo. Now for this art, we need to know the basics. Such as the armor you’re wearing, it’s called a bogu and the bamboo sword that we’ll hand out in a minute is called a shinai…”

A few minutes later after everyone received a long bamboo sword with a rounded point, Tamara began to explain the basics of the fighting style.

“Instead of just explaining how to fight and how to win competitions, I decided I’ll show you in a practice match. And the person I choose is…ASH!” He looked around to see if she was addressing him then stood up and reluctantly took his place on the match floor. He pulled the barred facemask down as she made her fighting stance. He copied her stance and as hard as he tried, he couldn’t hear a word she was saying. Before he knew what was happening the referee signaled the start of the match and Tamara thrust forward with her sword. It smacked him on the shoulder then with another swift motion, she smacked him over the head, knocking him off his feet and landing backwards onto the ground. He stood still on the ground as his world revolved around him. As soon as everything began to come to a stop, he saw Misty and Tamara leaning over him with worried expressions.

The whole room was engulfed in laughter as they tried to pull him to his feet, but failed to.

“Ash, are you all right?” Misty asked nervously as they laid him back down.

“I didn’t even hit him that hard, I swear…” Tamara said scratching her pink hair looking down at him. No the pain wasn’t the thing that kept him glued to the ground. The pain was nothing; it was the humiliation of being defeated so easily, in front of a group of guys… by a girl! His face burned in shame as he was lifted easily to his feet by a couple of guys who were snickering under their breath. He returned to his seat with his head hung low in embarrassment with the guys behind him making fun of him some more. Misty and Tamara locked eyes and a silent rivalry was sparked instantly between them.

“For my next demonstration, I would like Misty to be my opponent…” Tamara said solemnly. Misty nodded and the tension between them grew as she took her place across Tamara. The tension filled the room and all of the guys were exclaiming in excitement as they saw Misty and Tamara get ready to fight. Even Ash raised his head, curious to see what was going to happen. The referee raised his hand into the air signaling the beginning of the match. Tamara stepped forward and swung her sword into the air aiming for Misty’s head at full speed. Misty quickly raised her sword and stopped the attack dead in its tracks. The guys whooped and cheered as Misty countered back, aiming for the side of her body, only to be blocked by Tamara. The match was getting even more heated as they attacked each other with full powered swings, the bamboo sounding through the air like a gunshot every time it met with the other sword. She knew this wasn’t going anywhere so Tamara thought of a quick way to end this match. As she stepped forward to swing her sword into the air, she stepped on Misty’s foot and held her in place as she knocked Misty over ending the match. She raised her arms in victory as the guys in the room applauded her, apparently not paying attention or caring about the cheap trick she pulled. Misty stood up, fuming from anger, removed her helmet, then she crept up behind Tamara, and hit her over the head with the plastic helmet. Both helmets flew into the air and Tamara turned around with an expression that seemed to mix pure anger and shock into one. She yelled and leapt on top of Misty pulling at her red hair and knocking them both down to the ground. Misty screamed back as she began clawing away at Tamara. All the guys were all of a sudden silent, watching in shock and disbelief with wide-eyed expressions at the catfight before them. Ash stood up and tried to break up the fight, but as he got closer he was struck in the eye by one of Misty’s misguided punches. He fell down and sighed miserably as his eye was throbbing in pain as he lay motionless on the ground. Before Misty could even get the chance to apologize, Tamara yanked her back down by her hair and they continued to fight. Pikachu looked over at his trainer sprawled out on the ground and then at Misty pulling a fistful of green hair from Tamara’s skull. He shrugged and sighed in embarrassment.
Ash, Misty, and Tamara had their heads bowed respectfully in the presence of the sensei of the dojo. He was a bald old wrinkled man with a long thin white beard yet with age comes experience and he is considered a lethal weapon with a bamboo sword.

“You should all be ashamed by the manner you have acted in my dojo! This is a place to practice the art that is Kendo, not act like a bunch of uncivilized barbarians swinging at each other wildly!” Each of their bowed heads lowered even more in shame and he stopped scolding them until he looked at Tamara. “And you Tamara… How would you feel if your father had seen you act the way you were acting inside that room?” She closed her eyes as she envisioned the reaction of her father; his face would be completely red with veins popping out as he bellowed at her. She shuddered at the thought and was grateful her father was busily working as of now. The bald sensei saw he had reached her so he calmed down once more. “Why don’t you show our guests around this dojo?” She raised her head in surprise. “To make up for the way you behaved…” he said solemnly. She quickly nodded and stood up. Ash and Misty followed suit, Ash covering his swollen eye with an ice pack, Misty’s hair in a complete mess with scratch marks all across her face. Even Tamara had a fair share of bruises and scratches on her face. They bowed respectfully to the sensei and proceeded to follow Tamara as she led them back to the hallway in front of the classroom.
She led them down the hall until she reached the end where she slid the paper wall open revealing yet another room, this time only two openings were present in the small square room. She walked to the right door and smiled at Ash as she slid the wall open. She stood in front of the doorway waiting for them as they looked inside curiously. Inside the room, shrill grunts sounded into the air as tiny green creatures
chanted their name as they thrust the small twig they held in each one of their hands following the leader of the pack who was in front of the room leading the class. Ash, Misty, and Pikachu all looked on in amazement and Ash stepped into the room. As Misty began to follow him in, Tamara quickly stepped in front of her and slid the door shut in her face. Misty was at first caught by surprise, but she quickly regained her composure and walked straight through the paper wall, putting a giant hole through the wall as her nostrils flared in anger. She glared at Tamara who returned her glare with a mischievous smirk as she stuck her leg out in front of Misty, tripping her. She hit the ground hard and as she looked up quickly with fire in her eyes, Tamara was already halfway across the room, right next to Ash, holding onto him for protection. Misty growled in rage as she stormed towards them as Ash checked this new pokemon out on his Pokedex.

“Shogra, the Shrub Pokemon. 2’ 1 Grass: The body of this pokemon is completely made out of leaves, covering its true identity, though many scientists speculate it is a plant type of pokemon simply by pointing out the sprout growing out of the top of its head. Unable to protect itself in any other way, this pokemon picks a twig of its own liking and uses it to fend off any attackers. White vines intertwine with each individual leaf of this pokemon’s body keeping them in place. These white vines will produce a custom-made armor specifically tailored for this pokemon’s body as it evolves so it will be able to protect its fragile body from harm; the mask that covers its face is proof of this.”

All of the pokemon in the class stopped their training and gazed at Ash and Misty as they stared back. All of these pokemon were well disciplined and respectful, not once speaking out or acting out of order as they stood still. There was a long silence and Ash looked back at Tamara. She stepped up to them and began to introduce Ash to the class.

“Everybody, this is a good friend of mine, Ash!” Everyone simply greeted him with a loud grunt, everyone except for the teacher of the class; he stood still looking back at Ash silently.

“Ahem!” Misty cleared her throat deliberately.

“Oh and this is Misty, Ash’s friend.” Tamara said with an evil smirk on her face. Misty gave her the iciest glare she could muster as the pokemon greeted her with an even louder grunt and they bowed their heads in respect. They obviously had more respect towards women than men… Yet another long silence passed through the room as Ash shuffled his feet and Misty stared outside of the window.

“Ash, I think it’s about time we leave. It’s getting dark…” Misty said breaking the silence as she drew his attention to the large window at the end of the room. The sky was blood red with the sun already resting behind the horizon of trees, waiting for the moon to take its turn in the sky. He could see that she was right so he quickly nodded and called Pikachu who was trying to speak with one of the stoic Shogra. He gave up and jumped back onto Ash’s shoulder as Tamara stepped in front of them.

“Why are you leaving so soon? I still have something special to show you!” she said, directing all of her attention towards Ash with a grin on her face that unnerved him. Misty stepped in front of Ash and snapped back,

“Well we still have to find the Gym in this town so Ash can earn his second badge and then we can leave as far away from this town as we can get so I won’t have to see your face ever again!” Tamara feigned a look of hurt then quickly smiled mischievously.

“Well I can show you where it is…” Misty huffed at her angrily.

“No thanks, we can just ask around to find the Gym!”

“But I can get you their faster! There’s a shortcut to the Gym at the back of this dojo and I can get you to the Gym before night,” Tamara said with a secret look in her eyes. Before Misty could reject her once again, Ash stepped up from behind her.

“I think it’s a good idea. That way, we won’t have to waste so much time looking for the Gym!” Ash said, speaking directly towards Misty. She tried to fight back, but she knew she was beaten. Tamara clapped her hands in joy then turned to the class of pokemon.

“Alright well you guys know the drift, get back to training!” she yelled harshly and out of character. The class snapped to attention, bowed simultaneously towards Tamara, and began to resume following the leader of the class who was watching them out of the corner of his eye as they walked outside of the room, his eyes centered only on Ash…
They left the darkening training room to the sounds of loud grunts and yells as they walked across the short room. They reached the exiting door and Tamara slid the white door open. The cool air of the night rushed in and before them was a yard consisting of just grass surrounded by a forest of trees and a small wooden house half-concealed in the forest. They followed Tamara’s lead as she walked towards the house. Upon a closer look, Ash saw that there was a group of people waiting in front of the house with several of their pokemon out. She turned to them and signaled for them to wait for her in front of the door as she mysteriously said,

“I’ll have you inside the Gym shortly…”

She then disappeared behind the house, leaving Ash and Misty waiting in front of the door wondering what all of this had to do with the Gym. Suddenly from behind the house a shrill ringing of a bell could be heard and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what was going to happen next. The door of the dojo slid open abruptly and suddenly, the whole class of Shogra was rushing out of the dojo, running towards the forest with the twigs in their hand sheathed in their belt. They jumped into the trees and immediately disappeared into them as if they were spirits. The last of them disappeared into the forest and then the front door of the wooden shed slid open. A man with a shaved head and a pale white robe let the whole group through the door then shut the door behind him. The house was covered in darkness until the bald-headed man lit a torch and lit the lanterns in the room, illuminating it in an eerie orange glow. The room before them was simple and small; a tall, wide open space with a sole door in the middle of the wall that stood before them. Ash glanced quickly around at the group of trainers that was waiting with them. Standing before the sole door was a girl with short dark green pigtails hidden underneath a black bandana. She wore a short navy blue tank top with tight dark black jeans that reached just above her knees. She had dark blue eyes and she stared at Ash as his eyes passed over hers. She flashed him a quick smile before something tugged at her pants leg. She looked down at what was pulling her leg; a short and stubby red rabbit with fuzzy yellow hair and short ears was trying to get her attention

“What’s the matter Insubit?” the girl asked the rabbit in an innocent, almost child-like voice.

Ash raised his eyebrows at this new pokemon, but before he could pull out his Pokedex, the mysterious door that they were waiting in front of opened slowly with no one behind it. The girl quickly entered through the door, followed by the other trainers behind her including Ash and Misty. As they entered through the door, the atmosphere was vastly changed; before them the room was covered with all kinds of green foliage: bushes decorating the side of the room with overhanging trees over the tan dusty soil covering the floor. The other side of the room was wide open and it seemed to be part of the outside forest with all of the trees swaying in the cool breeze of the night and the bushes rustling restlessly in the wind. The room was artificially lighted with white lanterns that hung throughout the room on trees with cables that snaked through the walls and trees. Everyone looked around as to why they were led into the room when a familiar voice rang throughout the room.

“I can only have person at a time; the green haired girl will go first and after that Ash will go next, followed by the brown haired boy and finally the blonde haired girl. Please exit the room if it is not your turn.” The shaved man appeared suddenly from behind the bushes as if he had materialized before their eyes and he escorted the remaining group outside of the room, leaving the green haired girl and her tiny red rabbit to face what was waiting in that room. Ash and Misty were again waiting outside in the simple room along with the other trainers. Ash rested his ear against the door to see if he could hear what was going on, but to no avail. He sighed and looked towards Misty who seemed the least preoccupied with what was in that room.

“Aren’t you wondering what the heck Tamara has us waiting in this house?” Ash asked abruptly, the curiosity eating away at him as it always does. She turned to him at first in surprise at his abrupt remark then stared at him in disbelief at his blank expression.

“You can’t be serious Ash…” He stared back at her with a confused expression. She covered her face shamefully with her hands as soon as she noticed that everyone was staring at him in disbelief, equal to Misty’s expression.

“What?”

“Ash, don’t you wonder why Tamara led us to the ‘shortcut’ to the Gym that just happened to be in the backyard of her dojo?” He still continued to stare at her confusedly. “And how we just happened to stop in a big building that could perfectly house a match floor?” Still nothing…

“Don’t you wonder why there happens to be a bunch of trainers just waiting outside of this ‘building’?” The tall brown haired boy cut in who was brushing the short black hair of his Umbreon.

“Not really…” Ash said, feeling the eyes of everyone in the room close in on him. There was a brief silence followed by the voice of the brown haired boy.

“Wow you’re dense.” Everyone snickered and giggled, even Misty who couldn’t help and laugh at Ash’s increasing stupidity. Ash grimaced at this boy’s comment and at the boy in general. He was a tall and muscular teenager with straight brown hair and brown eyes covered by rectangular eyeglasses and he had garnered the attention of every single girl in the room, especially the curly blonde haired girl who seemed to be as smitten with him as Brock was whenever he saw a pretty girl pass by. Misty grinned at the boy; she couldn’t help, but admit that he was attractive, although he seemed as if he was a bit too young for her… Ash simply slumped down on the ground, crossing his arms without saying another word for the remainder of the time still wondering why the heck he was waiting in front of a stupid door. Minutes later, the door opened abruptly and the girl strutted proudly as she exited through the door with her tiny pokemon mimicking her trainer’s movements. She looked over once again at Ash and once their eyes met, she grinned at him; a grin that seemed to take the breath out of Ash when he realized he wasn’t even breathing! She walked through the front door and once again Ash forgot to check the rabbit with his Pokedex. He cursed at himself for it until the shaved man appeared from behind the door.

“Ash Ketchum you’re up…”

Author's Notes
I know, you probably want to kill me for leaving you on a cliffhanger... I wouldn't blame you either! :p Just as a brief note, I know absolutely nothing about Kendo and all of my information I got was from wikipedia so if there's some inconsistencies with the story, just bear with me... Another character I enjoyed making, Tamara was originally planned to be a quiet girl who had a small crush on Ash, but once I had gotten the idea for the catfight, I knew that wouldn't be possible! :p
Title Explanation: The Dojo Fiasco... just a random title, that's all! :p
Shogra: derived from the two words: Sho + Grass. (if you're curious as to what Sho means it's based on a grading system in Kendo similar to 'black and white belts' in karate. It is the lowest grade on the system, at least that's what I read on wiki when I looked up Kendo...)
Insubit: combination of: Insulator + Rabbit. Why Insulator? You'll see why in later chapters though anyone is free to make a guess as to why (hint: it has something to do with its evolutions and the type it acquires. ;))

Well I hoped you all liked this latest installment in my fic. Like I said, Chapter 13 is LONG as hell, but I hope I made it interesting enough. A quick note then I'm done, both Shogra and Insubit are the main starters of this new region. The third type (water) will be revealed later on... Read and review please!

Of course, I have read the chapter and I loved it so much! I am glad that I make an appearance, though the Pokemon werent as creative as the ones before, but it still has potential!:) AS you know, I cannot wait for the next chapter and when will I be in the next chapter?

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Tamara scares me...seriously she does. ^^; This chapter was interesting, as usual, and I see MistyLover's character in there, I'm sure he'll play a big part in the next chappie. I like those new Pokemon, they're pretty interesting. Good luck on your next chappie! :)

el_toro

Superfly
Tamara scares me...seriously she does. ^^; This chapter was interesting, as usual, and I see MistyLover's character in there, I'm sure he'll play a big part in the next chappie. I like those new Pokemon, they're pretty interesting. Good luck on your next chappie! :)

:p Does Tamara scare you because of her harsh side or because she's just plain creepy? I'm actualy pretty curious to know! :)

MistyLover's character won't come back until another chapter later on, but he will be playing a big role in this fic. ;)

And to be honest MistyLover, I can see why you think they're not as creative as the others I've thought up of. But, they are just the first evos so wait until you see their final form. ;)

And this story will be getting a major upgrade on the AAML side once Chapter 15 comes rolling around. Why? It's all just a matter of time...

(And where are the rest of my reviewers? :()

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I'm back, finally I can review this chapter. I loved the catfight between Misty and Tamara, who scares me more than Ash's denseness. Don't worry about wiki, I did research for a science project using wiki and failed! Sorry for the spam!! Anyway, I'm curious about what the next new pokemon will be, and I'm curious how the final evolutions of Insubit and Shogra turn out. Keep up the excellent work!