• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Journey That You May Want To Read

JaimeGreenan

Chapter 1 or Prologue

Ok,
Before I start, the league rules are, a region has a tournament (like in the anime) every four years, but you can also challenge the E4 and champion (like in the games), anybody that either wins a tourney or beats the E4, is invited to a tournament held on a small island near Johto, known as victory island, the winner of this tournament is known as the best trainer in all of Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

It was a hot sunny day in Twinleaf Town, a small picturesque town in the south-west of Sinnoh where Brad, a boy with brown hair and emerald green eyes was just getting up sleepily after being woken by his mother's Chatot.

“Brad!”

“What Chatot!”

“Happy Birthday”

"OMG!"

Chatot kept trying to get out of the way of Brad who kept rushing around jumping and screaming. It just struck Brad that it was his 10th birthday and he could finally do the thing he had always dreamed of, becoming a Pokemon Master and finally get out of dreary, little Twinleaf Town and visit other cities and meet interesting people. He had always wanted to be like his Dad, a person who had nearly defeated the Elite Four (apart from Lucian's Bronzong). He raced downstairs took his buttered toast and raced outside.

“Brad haven’t you forgotten something?” asked his mom.

“What?”

“Your Clothes”

He hurriedly got dressed into a red shirt and blue jeans with a dark blue bandanna.

“Here you go, a new rucksack. I think that’s every- oh no, nearly forgot here you go”

She gave him a Repel.

“That’s everything, oh my little Braddy-Boo all grown-up”

“Ok Mom not in public”

Brad hissed at her.

"Oh take Chatot in case any pokemon attack you"

She watched Brad go into the early morning light and cycle to Sandgem town. She felt a solitary tear fall down her cheek.

“I hope he doesn’t be like his father, all stubborn and brave.”

Meanwhile Brad was cycling to Sandgem town and so excited about receiving his first Pokemon.

“I wonder if I should go with the fire type since I’m fiery, or maybe the grass because I’m calm and collected or maybe the water type because I’m bubbling under the surface.”

Soon enough he had reached the grass where the wild Pokemon are. He sprayed his repel all over him and his bike. But then a starly came out from nowhere.
The two birds were fighting but just as soon as the fight began, it ended with Chatot using a powerful Chatter attack which gave Brad a large headache.

"Jeez, Chatot, why did you have to do a chatter attack" moaned Brad, rubbing his aching head.

"Sorry" replied Chatot quite depressed.

Then quite suddenly he had reached Sandgem town, he went over to a pretty girl, with brown hair and hazelnut, shining eyes (his opinion) standing by a large house.

“Umm…”

"Pretty girl, Pretty girl" squawked Chatot

"Be Quiet, Chatot" hissed Brad still in a mood with him.

“Yes, what do you want” the girl snapped at him

“I just wanted to know where Professor Rowan’s lab is, jeez don't be giving me attitude" replied Brad quite taken aback with the girl’s attitude.

“Oh, it’s just behind me, I’m sorry about my attitude it’s just Professor has left me in charge of everything. He should be back in a few hours so if you just wait here, I’m sure he will be back sooner than expected. You can go down to the beach and watch the SS Sandgem come into port"

I would appreciate help with description. And this is just the prologue. I asked at the rules and they said the prologue can be less than 1 page
EDIT: but im not sure if this classified as a chapter or a prologue and the battle scenes will have more description later on.

Last edited:
Prologue, yes but this feels like half a chapter. A Prologue exists for helping set a world in which the story takes place, sometimes it's techically nigh on the Epilogue (The sorda round up after the story is finished). In your case we've already been chucked into a world with people by surpisingly statuesque people, it's not building up for a chapter and comes of more as, here's part of the chapter but tune in for the "first" chapter for the continuation.

That are the extreme lapse in paragraphing and description (If I told you I saw a brown haired, green eyed kid, would you know who I'm on about? Just a note.), I'd recommend you look at Advice for Aspring Authors before you do this chapter... Because after something like this you'll be wanting to come off on a stronger foot.

Sandra

JaimeGreenan

oh OK thanks for the advice

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
This was good for a start. I'm so far liking it liek Zephyr said it seemed more like a half a chapter than a prolouge but ethier than that its good. Brad seems good so far can't wait to see how he devolps

harryheart

This is good for a start, and as the story progress's so will you in terms of writing skills. This is great well done!

Corrections are in bold:

It just struck Brad that it was his 10th birthday and he could finally do the thing he could always dreamed of

It should be:
10th birthday and he could finally do the thing he had always dreamed of

little Twinleaf Town and visit other cities and meet interesting people. He had always wanted to be like his Dad a person who had nearly defeated the Elite Four (apart from Lucian's Bronzong).

It should be:
He had always wanted to be like his Dad, a person

Over all a great first Chapter but I would add a little more description of the scenery and the battles.

A 4/10 but it will definitely improve

JaimeGreenan

Thanks you three for your help and reviews