• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Journey To Remember!

What is Your Favorite of Conor's Pokemon?

• Linoone

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mightyena

• Murkrow

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I'm really getting sucked into this fanfic. can't wait to see the next chapter

ysmr97

Thanks bro! Starting the next chapter now, probably have it up tomarrow!

Last edited:

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
I'm really liking this fanfic, when do you think you'll have the next chapter up?

ysmr97

Thanks! :) I have been SLAMMED with homework, projects, and a month left until the big St. Pattys Day Parade in NYC. Hmm..... I will try to work as fast and often as possible.... Maybe up by Wednesday- Thursday?

ysmr97

Hello fans, readers, and critics. I am happy to announce the A Journey To Remember is officially REOPENED!!! I am truely remorseful for my long absence, but my workload has been crushing, I have been busy marching, and, my main problem, I didn't feel I could write a double battle correctly. But I felt extremely guilty, so, fresh from the scratch pad, here is the long awaited Chapter 11!!!

Chapter 11

“So, you guy’s pick first!” I yelled to Liam and LJ as we all ran into the street, taking out our Pokeballs.

Ciara and I stood side-by-side, and the Liam’s mirrored us about 25 feet away. My brother turned to Liam and pulled on his nose, and Liam nodded. I knew what was going on. They were signaling plays to each other, like the catcher does to the pitcher on my favorite baseball team, The Braviary's.

In unison, the Liam’s threw their Pokeballs, and two winged Pokemon emerged, flapping their wings to keep themselves in the air. Both of these Pokemon were absolutely new to me. LJ’s was this small, very dark blue bat Pokemon with purple wings, no eyes but these large, white fangs. Liam’s new Pokemon was the polar opposite of LJ’s. Its body was sky blue, and its wing’s were made of puffy, white clouds.

“When did you guys get these Pokemon?” I yelled down the street.

“Well, yesterday, while you were challenging Grandma, we took a hike into the forest,” Liam said.

“That’s where I caught my Zubat, and where Liam caught his Swablu,” LJ concluded.

I thought about taking out my Pokedex to scan them, but then I realized that I had to call out my Pokemon.

My sister reached into her pocket, and pulled out the first Pokeball she grabbed and threw it into the air. Out emerged Wingull, flapping her long wings. I looked around at the three avian Pokemon surrounding me. I knew exactly who I should battle with first.

"Come on out, Mukrow!" I yelled as I threw his Pokeball into the air. "Let's have an air battle!"

“Whoa, great idea!” LJ said. “Zubat, Leech Life on Murkrow!”

A small beam came shot from Zubats mouth, and hit Murkrow. It looked like it did next to nothing.

“Ok...,” I said. “Murkrow, use Featherdance!”

Murkrow began to spin around and around, and feathers started to detach from his wings. They began to spin too, and then they hit Swablu and Zubat. They both started to emit a negative, red glow.

“Wingull, use Water Gun on Swablu!” Ciara yelled.

“Swablu, counter with Round!” Liam responded.

Wingull opened its beak, and shot out a beam of water. At the same time, Swablu opened her beak, and sang a small song. Every note it sang, it materialized, and soon enough, a whole string of notes flew towards Wingull. The water and the music notes collided, and pushed each other back and forth. Suddenly, the water stopped, and all of the notes hit Wingull one by one. After the last note hit Wingull, it dropped to the ground, unconscious.

“Wingull, return!” Ciara recalled her to her Pokeball. “Go, Phanpy!”

The cute, little, blue elephant-looking Pokemon appeared, and blew air out of his trunk like a horn. He was ready to battle!

“Zubat, Leech Life!” LJ yelled out.

“Murkrow, dodge! Quick!” The Pokemon obeyed, just swooping out of the thin green beam’s path.

“Leech Life again!” LJ screamed.

Without me saying a word, Murkrow again dodged the weak attack.

“Hey, LJ,” I started. “Doesn’t Zubat know ANY moves other than Leech Life?”

LJ blushed a bit. “Actually... He’s very low leveled....”

I felt bad that I was using a stronger Pokemon on Zubat.

I’ll just go easy on him, I thought to myself.

“Murkrow, Peck!” I yelled. That’s one of his weakest moves.

Murkrow went high into the air, and then swooped down, hitting Zubat with its beak.

Zubat went straight down to the ground, just like Wingull.

“Ugh!” he cried out. “Zubat, return!”

He returned the Bat Pokemon to its Dusk Ball, a present he got for his birthday.

While he was deciding what Pokemon to pick, I looked over at Ciara and Liam. Phanpy was rolled into a ball, charging at Liam’s Growlithe. Evidently, Phanpy beat Swablu. I wasn’t surprised though. He’s always been Ciara’s team’s powerhouse.

Phanpy kept rolling toward Growlithe, picking up speed. He then bounced up to hit Growlithe in the face, but, Liam called out a command a half a second before the impact.

“Growlithe, stop Phanpy with Fire Fang!”

Growlithe opened its jaws, and when Phanpy bounced up, he bit it with his red-hot teeth.

Both Pokemon took immense damage, but were still fighting strong.

“Go, Flaaffy!” LJ yelled.

I turned back to see the next opponent. A pink sheep standing about two feet tall emerged from its Pokeball.

“Flaaffy, Thundershock!” LJ ordered.

“Dodge it, and use Assurance, Murkrow!”

Murkrow obliged, and dove down at the Wool Pokemon, smacking it with it’s whole body. The poor sheep took a big amount of damage. I was almost positive that my Murkrow would take down LJ’s whole team.

Then, I noticed that Murkrow was still standing on the ground.

“Murkow, get back in the sky!” I yelled.

He didn’t move a muscle. I saw a few sparks emerge from his hat and wings. I looked up and saw the smirk on Liam’s face.

“Did you know that Flaaffy’s ability is Static?” Liam said, with a wide grin on his face. “Static paralyses Pokemon when they make contact with Flaaffy.”

He turned to his Pokemon.

“Flaaffy, use Electro Ball.”

The blue orb on Flaaffy’s tail began to glow. It swung it back, and then whipped it in Murkrow’s direction. Then, an electric-blue orb flew and hit Murkrow. He dropped to the ground.

To be continued...

Current Teams:

Conor: ;264; ;262; ;198;

Ciara: ;231; ;278; ;406;

Liam: ;333; ;058;

LJ: ;328; ;041; ;180;

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Nice, new chapter.

I while he was deciding what Pokemon to pick, I looked over at Ciara and Liam. Phanpy was rolled into a ball, charging at Liam’s Growlithe. Evidently, Phanpy beat Swablu. I wasn’t surprised though. He’s always been Ciara’s team’s powerhouse.

WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY! How did Phanphy beat Swablu? Ground doesn't affect Flying and the rock moves it learns are super weak...

Also, you could've put in the entry of Gworlithe.

I'll add more later, GTG right now.

I while he was deciding what Pokemon to pick,
What?

ysmr97

Well, this is the reason I wasn't too happy about posting this. I didn't think I could give enough focus to the two sides of the battle. Basically, while Conor and LJ battled, there was a battle going on between Phanpy and Swablu. And it really doesn't matter if a Pokemon learns weak moves, my fanfic is based off the anime style battling, where a Pokemon can sweep with TACKLE. lol

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
True, true. But phanphy cant kill swablu. Its literally impossible in anime battling. Think on it. They always play the "Pikachu doesnt affect Krokorok" and the "Why doesnt drilbur do anything to tranquil?" cards.

ysmr97

Rollout my friend, rollout.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Both of these Pokemon were absolutely new to me.LJ’s

Forgot to space after the period.

I knew exactly how I should battle with first.

I think you meant who.

“Zubat Leech Life on Murkrow!”

When addressing someone, there has to be a comma either before or after their name, depending on the context. So there should be a comma after Zubat or else it sounds as if Zubat Leech Life is the name of the attack.

Murkrow began to spin around and around, and feathers became to detach from his wings.

I would change this to started because began was already used in this sentence. Became is not grammatically correct here.

They both glew with a negative, red glow.

This is not a word. Insert something more appropriate such as started to or began.

The water and the music noted collided

Notes.

“Actually... He’s very low leveled....”

Is your entire fic based off the anime or is it just the battling? Because if it's the entire thing then this should not be included since there are no levels in the anime.

He returned the Bat Pokemon to it’s Dusk Ball, a present he got for his birthday.

Should be its. It's means it is. I like that you mentioned that it was a Dusk Ball though. Something different from the average Poke Ball.

I while he was deciding what Pokemon to pick, I looked over at Ciara and Liam.

Drop that first I and capitalize while.

Phanpy keep rolling toward Growlithe, picking up speed.

Should be kept since it is in past tense.

It was a very quick battle and short chapter. Not much to say about it. All the Pokemon fell with one attack usually. Even in the anime they can take more hits than that. The mistakes I noticed were only made once and then never made again so it makes me wonder how you made them in the first place. Your general writing is getting better. Now if this chapter was a little longer and more happened than just a very short battle you would have something. Until next time.

ysmr97

Hey Shadow! I understand there are ALOT of mistakes, but that is just because this chapter was VERY rushed. And this fanfic is influenced both by the games and anime, but mostly the anime. The reason I put the whole 'low leveled' thing in was to show how weak Zubat is. I actually didn't mean the numerical levels in the games, I meant low leveled experience wise. If you are a private in the army, you arelow leveled.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I understand there are ALOT of mistakes, but that is just because this chapter was VERY rushed

That's no excuse for mistakes. If I were you, I would use every single error above and fix it. And, no chapter should be rushed because you should reread every chapter to make sure it flows correctly before posting immediately.

I personally don't do line by line reviews, only things that don't make the paragraph flow or things like names being mixed up and writing style, but when someone reviews like Shadow Lucario does, why wouldn't you want to take that in and use it to your advantage?

If you're a private in the army, you may have a ton of experience but have a low level, so that's a terrible analogy. Not every private can advance to be a lieutenant, so after a battle they fight in they won't necessarily rank up, but they have gained experience from a battle.

ysmr97

That's no excuse for mistakes. If I were you, I would use every single error above and fix it. And, no chapter should be rushed because you should reread every chapter to make sure it flows correctly before posting immediately.

I personally don't do line by line reviews, only things that don't make the paragraph flow or things like names being mixed up and writing style, but when someone reviews like Shadow Lucario does, why wouldn't you want to take that in and use it to your advantage?

If you're a private in the army, you may have a ton of experience but have a low level, so that's a terrible analogy. Not every private can advance to be a lieutenant, so after a battle they fight in they won't necessarily rank up, but they have gained experience from a battle.

I never said that I didn't correct it. And Idrc if you don't like the analogy. lol

ysmr97

Chapter 12

I looked down at the two other Pokemon I had.

Linoone or Mightyena? I asked myself in my head. It doesn’t matter! I concluded, throwing out a random Pokeball.

Out of the red and white sphere emerged my blacked furred friend, Mightyena, with a strong look of anxiousness to battle on his face.

“Good choice,” LJ said. “If he’s anything like he was as a Poochyena, this should be a great battle.”

“Oh, he’s BETTER,” I confidently retorted.

“Let’s just see about that,” LJ turned to his Flaaffy. “Flaaffy, use Take Down!”

Flaaffy bent forward and began to charge at Mightyena head first.

“Mightyena, dodge, and counter with Snarl!”

Mightyena jumped straight over the Sheep Pokemon, and opened his mouth. He began to growl, and then shot a purple sound wave at his opponent. The attack hit Flaaffy directly, and threw it back a few feet.

‘Flaaffy, get back up and use Cotton Spore!”

Flaaffy picked itself up, and the wool on its head and neck began to grow green. It then took a step in Mightyena’s direction, and the wool started to detach and float towards Mightyena. When it touched Mightyena, it stayed on his fur for a few seconds, then dissolved. Mightyena began to glow with the same red glow as Zubat and Swablu did.

“Mightyena, use Fire Fang!”

He started to sluggishly strut towards Flaaffy.

“What?” I said, astonished.

“Cotton Spore lowers the Speed of the Pokemon it is used on,” He said smugly. “You’re welcome.”

I was about to command a new attack but, suddenly, Mightyena perked up like a Patrat and sat down, completely losing its look of competitiveness. I knew that something important was going on.

“Everybody STOP!” I yelled out. My siblings and friend and all their Pokemon stopped battling and looked straight at me.

“Mightyena hears something!” I explained. “Something’s going down.”

Out of nowhere, Liam’s Growlithe did the same as Mightyena.

We wait in silence for about 10 seconds, when we hear it too. A police siren blasts through the air. After a couple more seconds, a blue and white Agtosu Police Department car rounded my street corner, and pulled up in front of where we were battling. Two officers emerged from the vehicle. One was a forty-something year old man, who looked like a veteran cop. He had short brown hair that just poked out from under his hat. The other, a rookie police officer, came out of the passenger door. He looked to be in his early twenties, with decently long blonde hair.

“You kids need to go inside. NOW.” The older officer said. His name tag read his last name, Keegan.

“May I ask why, officer?” Liam quizzingly asked.

Officer Keegan sighed and looked to his partner. The young man stepped forward.

“The nearby Fighting Dojo has been robbed. The perp was said to be a teenager, not much older than you kid,” he said, pointing at me. “The senseis at the Dojo said he was armed.”

“Whoa,” I said aloud. “Wh- what did he take?”

“He just took a Pokemon. A Tyrogue, to be exact. The Dojo uses them to train their students.”

“Now you HAVE to get inside.” Keegan said. “If you have any further questions, turn on the news.” He turned to his partner. “Let’s roll, O’Neil.”

As we walked inside to my house, the two officers drove away, to warn more civilians.

“Mom, Dad! Turn on the news!” Ciara yelled out to my parents.

We walked into the TV room, where my parents were sitting. After a thorough search for the TV remote, my mom switched it to Channel 6 news.

“A normal day of training in Agtosu’s Fighting Dojo turned hectic today when a teenage boy held them up today,” The newswoman blabbed. “The boy bluffed carrying a weapon by using a water pistol. He stole a Tyrogue, and then fled the scene. Here is an artist rendition of the boy.”

As she said that, a picture of a familiar face appeared on the screen. When I saw it, my heart almost stopped. I looked at Ciara, and she looked back at me.

“I know that kid!” I screamed out. “That’s the thug that tried to steal Ciara’s Pokemon!”

Everybody in the room went speechless.

“You have to tell the police!” LJ exclaimed.

“No. That really won’t help. The police seem to be doing a good job on their own," my dad replied. "Let's just get our minds off of it."

He switched the channel to a documentary about the Unova region. It was actually really interesting! You see, Unova has always been a region with its own set of unique Pokemon. Pokemon from other regions are few and rare. But, in the last two years, the Unova League has grown in popularity. Trainers worldwide have started traveling to Unova to take it on. And along with them, they bring their Pokemon. The problem is, once they are there, they keep getting defeated by the Champion, Alder. But real Trainers don’t back down. They stay there for as long as it takes. So these trainers stay there for years. And while they are training, their Pokemon meet others of their species and kind of.... mass reproduce. So Unova has all these strong Pokemon being brought over, like Aggron, Flygon, Arcanine, and Lucario, and their young are now settling throughout Unova. In places like the Desert Resort, Trapinch and Sandshrew are now mixed in with the native Pokemon like Dwebble and Maractus. I found it pretty cool.

After the documentary ended, I turned to my family (and Liam) and asked the question that’s been racing through my mind the whole day.

“So, I am going on my journey tomorrow...,” I started awkwardly. “Where should I go first?”

“Well, Conor, with this whole news story, I am not too comfortable with you going on your journey alone,” my dad said sternly

My heart broke. I looked around the room. You could see the shock on everybody’s faces, except Liam, who was texting away on his cell phone.

I was speechless. I didn’t know how to respond.

“I mean, why don’t you just come and intern with me at the Pokemon League?” my father offered.

“I don’t want to intern at the Pokemon League!” I snapped back. “I want to go on my journey!”

The whole room went silent, when suddenly, a pre-recorded bark of a Growlithe filled the soundless room. It was Liam’s ringtone.

“Uhh... Mike, my parents okayed me going on the journey with Conor.”

My face began to glow with happiness. I knew that my dad had the utmost respect for Liam’s father. A former firefighter, he has since used his Water type Pokemon to claim himself a permanent spot in the Elite Four, working alongside my dad. His Blastoise’s Hydro Cannon could even do a good deal of damage on Arceus himself, my father tells me.

My dad sat in silence for a minute.

“Two people? I mean, getting a third would be better...”

“I’ll go,” LJ said quietly from the corner. “I really want to take on the gyms...”

Again, my father sat without uttering a word.

“I’ll okay it,” he said. “But you HAVE to promise to be safe, and NOT get into any trouble.”

“Oh, I promise sir!” I said, filled with glee. “Thank you so much!”

“You’re welcome Conor. As to where you should go first, I’d say to go to Uirbeacha City. It’s the biggest city in all of Rentoh. I’m pretty certain that the gym leader is new. I just don’t know what type they specialize in.”

“That doesn’t matter to me!” I cried out.

“There are a few dozen gyms in all of Rentoh,” he explained. “You only have to win at eight of them, and you already have one badge. Seven more to go.”

“Yes sir!” I said, so excited I felt like I was about to explode like a Voltorb.

“Oh, and also, when you get to Uirbeacha, be sure to visit Professor Cedar. He’s an old acquaintance of mine. He will also store any Pokemon you don’t have room for in your party at his laboratory.”

“Will do Dad!” I said, hugging him tight.

“Now you should go to sleep. You have a big journey ahead of you tomorrow.”

We walked Liam home, talking about the adventures that await us, and then walked home, got into bed, and fell right asleep.

To be continued...

Current Teams:

Ciara: ;231; ;278; ;406;

Liam: ;333; ;058;

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

I'm not gunna do a line by line review-

This is a great chapter with huge plot development and character details. Great job, and keep up the good work!

But...

I'm pretty sure PKMN go to Unova from Kyurem's Ice. Whatever tho. Sounds good to me. XD

Last edited:

ysmr97

Thank you! That means alot! :) Everyone, vote on the poll at the top!

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Honestly, do we have to correct him about EVERY little mistake. I mean afterall this isn't school. He shouldn't have to be pressured over simple grammar errors.

By the way though I really like how this is developing. The whole rival scenario is kinda like a more cut-throat version of Silver.

ysmr97

Thank you very much! :) That is actually an awesome description!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Honestly, do we have to correct him about EVERY little mistake. I mean afterall this isn't school. He shouldn't have to be pressured over simple grammar errors.

To some people, like myself, those little errors are very bothersome. It doesn't matter if this is school or not. You should strive to make your chapter to be the best it can be and without mistakes. Smaller errors, if left unchecked, could lead to bigger errors. And not only that, but since he made the conscious decision of posting his work on a public forum, he made himself subject to any and all forms of review. You have the right to review however you want as do I and everyone else.

ysmr97

Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning to see my brother dressed in swim trunks, flip-flops, a water tube, and goggles.

“What are you doing, goofball?” I asked, completely forgetting what today was.

“Umm... I’m dressed for the journey?!” he replied, with a noticeable attitude.

It hit me like a brick wall. I sprung out of bed, as happy as can be. Today is the first day of my Pokemon journey! How could I have forgotten?

After my little epiphany, I readdressed the problem at hand.

“Why are you dressed like that for the journey, though?”

“Rentoh to Conor? The map says our first stop will be Uirbeacha City,” he said.

It took everything in me not to slap myself or him.

“It’s pronounced YOUR-BECK-AH!” I snapped back, giggling a little bit.

He sat in silence for a couple seconds, processing what I just told him.

“So... there’s no beach?” he asked, hoping he was wrong.

“Nope.”

“Darn it!” he exclaimed. “Well, time to change back!”

He trotted out of the room, leaving me behind, hysterically laughing.

I walked over to my closet, and took out a Trainer bag. It was an all blue, two strap backpack, with a sewn on picture of a Pokeball. It had probably a dozen pockets, and I intended to use each and every one. The first thing I decided to pack was my clothes. I opened my dresser, and took out shirts, shorts, socks, a bathing suit, and a few sweatshirts, and packed them in my bag. Next, I dumped a bunch of Pokeballs and Greatballs into the bag, followed a downpour of Potions and various Pokemon medicines, such as Antidotes and Burn Heals. Finally, I took the Trainer’s Tent I got last Christmas out of my closet, and put it inside of my bag. A Trainer’s Tent is an essential tool for every aspiring Pokemon Master! This collapsable tent is easy to set up and take down, taking only about 30 seconds. Also, inside is an overhead bulb for a bit of light after the sun sets, a pocket on the side to hold your Pokeballs, and a built in pillow and sleeping bag. This thing will be my home for my entire journey.

I ran downstairs, with my bag on my bag. It was actually lighter then I expected. But I’m not complaining!

All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door. I opened it, and in came Liam, as dressed and as packed as I was. Hooked onto his belt, his three Pokeballs were close to hand, just in case of an emergency. He’s always been a cautious guy.

We sat and talked for a few minutes, while we waited for my brother to finish packing. After ten minutes or so, he came running down the stairs with a grin from ear to ear.

“Did you say goodbye to your parents?” I asked Liam.

“Oh, don’t get me STARTED!” he whined. “They didn’t quit hugging me for a half an hour!”

That made me chuckle a bit.

“Well, we have to say goodbye to our family now,” I said, looking at LJ.

We walked into the kitchen, where my mother and sister were still eating breakfast. I approached them and wrapped my arms around my mother.

“I am going to miss you so much,” I said.

She didn’t answer, so I pulled away from the hug. When I looked at her, I saw tears running down her face.

“I’m going to miss you too,” she mumbled through her tears.

LJ lunged at her and gave her a big hug. I moved on to hug my sister, and say our goodbyes.

“Don’t worry guys, we’ll come back every chance we get,” I said. “We aren’t leaving
forever!”

Suddenly, I realized that my father wasn’t here.

“Mom? Where’s Dad?”

Right when I said that, the front door opened, and in walked my dad.

“Hey Pop! Where were you?”

“I was just calling Professor Cedar, son. Informing him of your departure.”

He then reached out and wrapped his arms around me.

“I’m going to miss you Dad.”

“Me too buddy. Me too.”

After a couple more minutes of goodbyes, we finally got the chance to leave.

“I can’t BELIEVE we are actually going on a journey!” Liam yelled out.

“Me either,” replied LJ.

“I can’t wait to challenge the Uirbeacha City gym, guys!” I said. “What type do you think they own?”

“I bet it’s Fire,” said Liam. He’s ALWAYS loved fire types. A little ironic, based on his father’s specialty type and former profession.

We kept naming different types, which led onto debates about the best type. Before we knew it, we reached Route 1.

“Hold up!” I yelled out. An idea had just dawned on me. “Guys, how about we release all of Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, and have them walk the first steps of the journey together!”

The notion seemed to be pretty well received. I grabbed my Pokeballs, and threw them up into the air.

“Go Linoone, Mightyena and Murkrow!"

“Come on out Trapinch, Flaaffy and Zubat!”

“Help us start the journey Growlithe, Swablu and Gligar!”

All of our Pokemon came out as cheerful as could be.

“Ok guys,” I started, turning to out altogether nine Pokemon. “We are all going to take our first steps onto Route 1 together. Sound good?”

A collective cheer from the Pokemon assured me of their plan.

We all formed a line, a trainer on the left, then his three Pokemon, then another, and so on.

“On the count of the three everyone,” I started. “One... Two.... THREE!”

The second I said three, all twelve of us took our first steps onto Route 1.

“Wow,” I said. “Looks like this will be a journey to remember.”

To be continued...

Current Teams:

Liam: ;333; ;058; ;207;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.