• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Judgement Brawl! (406)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So let's discuss dub Kaede, what did you think?

4kids did an excellent job with her overall. Katie was the best name for her, and her voice not only fit her character, but it wasn't a familiar voice that you usually hear the other female one-shots with.

I know in the Japanese version her voice is a little deeper, but otherwise she was dubbed perfectly IMO. Her dialouge was also kept pretty close to the original, with no annoying puns or such.

Cobalt_Latios

The Corphish battle takes the cake. Its hilarious, he's confused yet he's the one attacking! Then he grabs Golduck at flings him into the wall! However, i kinda figured Ash would have been able to beat Katie. He's done this so many times it's almost natural. Though, what still bugs me, is that Glalie was able to use headbutt on Misdreavus. Shouldnt that be impossible?

But, i have to admit, this was one of the best league battles i seen so far. Although there is a slight bit of repetition in this league with the indigo league; except for the fact that now Morrisson is acting a bit more like Ash acted and vice versa.
I have this awkward feeling that one of Morrisson's pokemon is not gonna want to battle Ash's pokemon(a la Charizard). Though that's probably not gonna happen, unless they wanted to make it predictalbe

Yeah, all in all, the animation, the suspense and the slight bit of drama made this one of the best episodes ive seen in a while(although my damn satelite signal was messed up for the first 5 minutes of the show, wich was quite annoying).

10/10

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
CyberCubed said:
I know in the Japanese version her voice is a little deeper, but otherwise she was dubbed perfectly IMO. Her dialouge was also kept pretty close to the original, with no annoying puns or such.
Speaking of which, did Hyuuga/Clark have all those annoying puns in the original version? Somehow I doubt it...

I'm glad they didn't stick her with the Clair/Winona VA that gets heard from virtually every non-preteen woman in basically all of 4Kids' dubs.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I really liked this esposide. It is funny how Corphish got confused but still managed to beat Golduck. I thought it is cute how Corphish is shaking Golduck's hands. Also I liked it how Swellow battled both Venomoth and Scizor, espically with Scizor and Swellow going each other with Double Team. Yeah, Scizor is overused but meh.
I feel a little sorry for Morrison as he has to battle Ash and really does not want to. Morrison have to face the reality that this is the Hoenn League competition and that he has to step up to the plate and really battle if he want to move on to the next round.

Medea

Excalibur
This was an okay episode as well (just like the first one today). The battle between Ash and Kaede was oh too awsome for words. I just felt pretty bad for Morrison in the end.

But an okay episode!

In response to CyberCubed's idea, I do quite like Katie.

The only problem I have, though.....Her name. Katie is more of a little girl's name. Kate seems more womanly, really, and it would've suited her better. Katie's fine and all, but I would've preferred Kate a bit more.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

V Faction

www.faction.com
S.Suikun said:
I'm glad they didn't stick her with the Clair/Winona VA that gets heard from virtually every non-preteen woman in basically all of 4Kids' dubs.
I thought you knew about their inability to use that voice anymore.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
V Faction said:

And i thought you both knew that Winona wan't voiced by her.

Anyhow i love this battle as Corphish was funny and Swellow was awsome, i loved the after image peck.

One thing was bothering me about the morrison battle, i thought his Girafarig didn't atack at all during it's match with Corphiah oh well.

Kabuto

little punks!
i thought his Girafarig didn't atack at all during it's match with Corphish oh well.

The announcer said it didn't because Morrison didn't want to fight. They also said its Morrisons first league.

S.Suikun

V Faction said:
Eh, I'm really not up-to-date when it comes to VA's. If it does not involve Tom Kenny or Rob Paulsen, other concerns come first.

Regarding Girafarig, I was disappointed it was used as the scrapegoat Pokemon instead of Growlithe, considering how not only have we not seen Girafarig battle at all this league, but we've hardly seen it battle throughout the series as a whole. growlithe, on the other hand, has over-exposure.

Kabuto

little punks!
It's a good thing you said "Trainer" and not "Battler", or I would have hammered you with a gigantic list of Coordinators.

Such as? Besides Robert and Juan, every coordinator that ever appeared has been a complete weakling. They lost to May's baby ubers......thats just bad ^__^.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Eh, I thought it was an OK episode. The conclusion of Ash vs. Kaede was really I thought it had going for it. I don't care for Morrison that much, and the way he wouldn't battle at the end kind of annoyed me.

Average, not great...."Shocks and Bonds!" was better, and I only saw half of it. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Battles is all the leagues are about, and this is about as good as you'll get with the Pokemon choices they were using.

I am impressed with the way Team Rocket are handled in this league. They're kept out of the picture and given as little screentime as possible, and what screentime they do get is humourous because of their boss. :D

Hopefully in the next Grand Festival and league they do something like this again with them.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Notice Tyson takes out a Rhydon with Meowth during the glimpse of his battle,
well

[SPOIL]He also takes down a Rhydon with Sceptile in his championship match with random trainer 376![/SPOIL]

Anyway, awesome episodes. Clark and Katie ruled, but poor Torkoal. Shafted again!

Kabuto

little punks!
I am impressed with the way Team Rocket are handled in this league. They're kept out of the picture and given as little screentime as possible, and what screentime they do get is humourous because of their boss.

It was better in Johto league though. TR still had screentime here while in Johto they sold stuff for half a minute in the episode.

S.Suikun

But the only real comic relief came when Delibrid swooped in for about 3 seconds and pilfered their earnings. One or two bits of comic relief per episode helps balance things out (especially since TR is generally unreliable for a competent battle).

Great episode. The Corphish battle was hilarious, and Team Rocket selling food and getting yeled at by their big nosed boss is too funny. Morrison, on the other hand, I can do without. He doesnt please me that well. Tyson makes a far better character. Just give Morrison's Metang to Tyson, through Morrison in the writer's forgetfullness room, and go on with the show.

HoennMaster

This was a good episode. I have been looking forward to Ash's battle with Katie ever since it aired in Japan. Katie's voice was pretty good compared to lets say Jump's.

The Flat World

Free Trade For All
This is easily the best Hoenn tournament episode.

Swellow owns, as does Grovyle.

Anyway, awesome episodes. Clark and Katie ruled, but poor Torkoal. Shafted again!
[spoilers]And again in the next two episodes. (beating Shiftry doesn't mean ****)[/spoilers]