• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Judgement Brawl! (406)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Judgement Brawl!

Ash's Battles in the Hoenn League continue on after his third Pokémon got knocked out in one of the final battles. Ash must win to continue on in the Hoenn League, but the battle is against Pokémon such as Golduck, Venomoth, Scizor & Walrein...Ash faces his toughest challenge so far. Will he succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Ok... seen the episode. And just in time. Will go see Revenge of the Sith later.

The battle field turns into a water field with floating platforms. Ash sends out Corphish, and Kaede sends out Golduck. Golduck manages to get Corphish dazed and confused(but not as in the Confusion status) but Corphish defeats Golduck from how I see it as shear luck.

Kaede calls out Venomoth and Ash recalls Corphish, sending in Swellow instead. Swellow is swifter and faster and defeats Venomoth with no problem. Kaede then sends out Scizor. This leads up to some interesting moments when both Pokemon use Double Team at the same time. In any case, Swellow wins again. Then Kaede sends out Walrein, which soon defeats both Swellow and later Corphish. So Ash sends out his final Pokemon, Grovyle. At first Walrein has the advantage, as it can hide in the water. But Ash tricks Walrein into freezing the water so it wouldn't have a hiding place. Then Grovyle goes all out on Walrein, eventually defeating it.

Quick scenes of Masamune and Testuya winning their matches.

Later that evening, after a pizza dinner, they find about the second round match ups. To their shock Ash is paired with Masamune for their match up. Masamune seems to be very shocked. He can't get over the fact that he has to face Ash.

This becomes apparent how he can't face the facts when Ash and Masamune begin their match on an ice field, with Ash using Corphish and Masamune using Girafarig. Masamune's heart doesn't seem to be in the battle, as Girafarig fails to put to a good offense or defense against Corphish leading to a quick defeat.

The episode ends, with a hesistant Masamune while the everyone waits for him to send out another Pokemon.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Sounds interesting with Masamune, it sounds like Masamune has a crush on Ash. XD

Scizor...cool, but used alot. Scizor and Scyther always seep in the League. I would of liked Ninjask more. But Swellow winning twice is cool.

So, did we see what Pokemon Tetsuya and Masamune used?

Alfonso

Derpgull
blaziken's_charizard said:
ok GREAT episode from what i have SO FAR heard... tense battle between kaede and Ash... I wonder what the next eipsode is about....^_^

I don't know. Maybe they'll pull a huge plot twist and have Ash battle Masamune!

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
hello everybody,
Saw the episode
I loved the battle with Walrein vs. Grovyle especially the part with both pokemon charging at each other and before colliding ash told grovyle to duck and right when it got under walrein it did a freaking Leaf blade uppercut. lol.

Just want to say that so far Ash stands in the 16th spot of the league.
When they showed the board with all of the people facing each other in the second round alltogether there were 16 people.

anyways Masamune is definetely going to lose no doubt about it, i mean when he looked at the board and saw that he was facing Ash he ran outside and was with his metang and told it to attack a tree but then masamune saw a image of Ash on the tree and told metang not to attack. Right there it tells us that when they battle for real he wont have it in him to attack ash. For example his Girafirig got taken out so easily it didnt even land a single blow on corphish.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Kojiro said:
Sounds interesting with Masamune, it sounds like Masamune has a crush on Ash. XD
That would be a hillarious (and oddly welcome) plot twist, thats for sure :p

From what I can gather, it seems that Swellow dished out an ample amount of pwning during this episode. Which brings a tear of joy to the eye, because back in the day, a bird pokémon accomplishing such a feat would be unheard of. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying that Swellow is indeed Ash's best pokémon out of his team of 6. I can't wait to see the episode and watch it take down that Venomoth and Scizor. To anyone who HAS seen it, do tell me if it was an airiel battle ^^
And even if it was allegedly a fluke, its great to hear that Corphish managed to actually take down that Golduck. I have to say, i feared that the little guy would be taken out shortly after entering the fray.

Flamez said:
his Girafirig got taken out so easily it didnt even land a single blow on corphish.
I'm both shocked and appalled. I was really, REALLY, REALLY looking forward to Girafarig kicking some posterior. And it goes down without putting up a decent fight? Crap. Just, crap.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Ya...for all we knew if Masunme didn't hesitated he may have won the battle :p LOL

well...this battle was intresting...now next weeks is MORE INTRESTING :D

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy: A lot of the battle between Scizor and Swellow took place in the air. ^_^

Okay, my thoughts:

1.) Some good music in this episode. I noticed some 5th Movie music, and hell, even some from the Raikou Special! (The music played when Buson and Bashou call out their Pokemon for the first time.) Good stuff.

2) ...Corphish was hilarious when it was 'confused'. XD Great stuff. It even looked like it was dancing. ^^;;;

3) ...Okay, what the HELL was up with that scene with Team Rocket? I got a very, VERY bad feeling from it. The Boss Dude seemed to be suggesting something, which Team Rocket seemed very happy with. o.o

4) ...Masamune has a crush on Ash. :D I swear.

5) ...Annoyingly, starting to like Tetsuya a little bit more now. -_-

6) Poor 'farig got totally pwned. It looked weak, and had a stupid Lapras/Tropius voice. I'm crushed.

Preview... :000000000000000

They're gonna cut into the next episode with a Tetsuya battle. Either that, or Grovyle frikking evolves.

JazzJazz

Gravy said:
I'm both shocked and appalled. I was really, REALLY, REALLY looking forward to Girafarig kicking some posterior. And it goes down without putting up a decent fight? Crap. Just, crap.

You went and got your expectations too high... just sit back and take things as they come, you won't be disappointed in that way.

Let's hope Ash's good start in his battle against Masamune is a sign that he'll break his old tradition of eventually losing (in the leagues) to a trainer he has recently befriended.

JazzJazz said:
You went and got your expectations too high... just sit back and take things as they come, you won't be disappointed in that way.

Let's hope Ash's good start in his battle against Masamune is a sign that he'll break his old tradition of eventually losing (in the leagues) to a trainer he has recently befriended.

lets hope so... i cant wait for teh episode...................... massamune might end up having to attack Ash you kno.........ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN ^_^

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Masamune having crush on Ash. Whatever, I'm not a shipper. I wouldn't a good shipping hint if it bit me in the nose.

Corphish took care of business and Swellow too. It's nice to see them have their fifteen seconds of glory. However neither can hold a candle to the symbol of bad on Pokemon, Grovyle. He's apparently been swore about his losing streak and decides to take it all out on Walrein.

Now is Masamine's turn to face Ash. Corphish seems to be ready to ready to rip his Pokemon a new one.

Geodude

Wow. Just, wow. Swellow and Grovyle really kicked some *** and took some names in this ep. The Grovyle vs Walrein battle was one of the best battles I've EVER seen. EVER. And the Corphish vs Golduck battle was bizarre, hilarious, and badass all at the same time. All in all, an excellent episode.

Last edited:
P

phoenix12

what's up with that clock on the big screen that shows the Pokemon each trainer uses?? during the battle with Walrein (right after Swellow got KO'ed) it said like 0:45...has Ash been battling for 45 minutes or 45 seconds?? neither makes sense..anybody understand it? but otherwise a very kool episode (from what I can tell from the epi-pics)
;253;;365;

Last edited by a moderator:

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Golden Darkness said:
Golduck manages to get Corphish dazed and confused(but not as in the Confusion status) but Corphish defeats Golduck from how I see it as shear luck.
Yes as in the Confusion status. That's why Venomoth's Supersonic later on had no effect whatsoever.

When confused, Corphish seemed to revert to its pre-trained personality, where it would merrily make life a living hell for whoever caught its attention. It ignored orders, jumped into the water, swam around a bit, then jumped out to clobber Golduck in the back of the head with a Crabhammer. It then proceeded to counter Fury Swipes by grabbing both claws, shaking Golduck's hands for a while, then spinning it around and tossing it away, and finishing the fight with a Bubblebeam that may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that Ash had just ordered that attack.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Man Heigani was great in this episode.XD Not only did he kick some a*s, but he was absolutely hilarious in the process. And the music they used really helped to accentuate it and really bring the comedy out even more. I love that music.XD

Oosubame was also awesome in this episode, especially when it went up against Hassamu. The battle was pretty intense between those two, and it was interesting to see what happened when they both used double team at the same time.

So it looks like Masamune isn't taking his matching against Satoshi very well- he didn't seem to be able to concentrate at all. Hopefully he can pull himself together or else their battle might not last as long as it would have otherwise.

On a side note, it was cool that Kaede was such a good sport about losing to Satoshi. She was so into the battle and was getting so worked up I half expected her to be mad about it or something.XP

Haha, what an idiot I was to worry that Swellow was gonna miss out on the spotlight in this episode! Swellow got the most wins in this episode of the 6, and that alone means a great deal. Finally, after five whole seasons of underusing and neglecting his bird pokemon, Ash is finally able to bring his bird to its full potential.

But it kinda seems that Swellow is now only depending on its beak for attacks, ever it learned Aerial Ace, it seems to have nearly forgotten Wing Attack. I hope in the future we can see it use its wings more offensively, as it did before it learned Aerial Ace.

The coolest battle was Grovyle vs Walrein. Man that Walrein was one tough lump of fat. Being able to battle after that many leaf blades, quick attack and bullet seeds? That was one of the best opponents Grovyle has ever had.

Corphish defeating Golduck was funny. I guess Corphish was strong enough to beat Golduck without any strategies or orders.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I have to hand it to them. Walrein actually seemed cool, proving that it could shrug off attacks and dish out pain. Personally, Ice Beam is getting a little old. I was hoping for an Ice Ball.

JazzJazz

V Faction said:
Personally, Ice Beam is getting a little old. I was hoping for an Ice Ball.

Someone said a while ago that the Hoenn League seems to have pokemon using the same attacks over and over... you've added more fuel to their fire with this observation.

TeddiUrsa

Corphish was great as ever ^^ His confusion-dance was so funny and it reminded me a bit of Totodile. Swellow kicked as* as I expected ( the double double team was very nice) and grovyle is back into his old form.
I liked Masamune´s fear to battle ash which shows that he likes him very much after this short time ( although he will be forgotten by the writers quickly after the league I think, just like richie). the redundant pokemon aren´t a big problem too me because they are cool redundant pokemon, a few more hoenn pokes would have been better though.

Let´s hope they don´t rush the next episode....But I watch the anime the same way as JazzJazz does. just wait and see and enjoy ^^