• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Judgement Brawl! (406)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
These were some great battles. This is what makes a Pokemon league a Pokemon league. It's cool how they can't win with only Pokemon like most do in the games.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Why does Ash chose Pikachu against Steelix? Why not Torkoal?

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Good episode! Grovyle was heaps cool with that final leaf blade on walrein!
It was a very challenging battle too! I like them battles

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I thought this episode was pretty cool, I like the battles that last almost the entire episode or even goes into another one, somehow makes them look stronger, I thought Katie was quite pretty as well maybe it's just the hair and her throwing pose (Venomoth go! She looks kinda hot).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Interesting episode that I had thought would be boring. Ash's battle with Katie continued on it's course, though the Golduck versus Corphish battle left a lot to be desired. I mean really, Golduck got knocked out by a Bubblebeam attack? Ugh. Swellow versus Scizor was a bit more intense and I started feeling like I could count on Swellow to be a strong Pokemon. That is, until it was defeated by Walrein haha. As always, it seemed that Grovyle was the one destined to shine in this battle. Figures. Ash, Morrison, and Tyson all advanced, and it was predictable that Ash and Morrison would fight next. There battle started out quite boring, but I'm sure things will change during the conclusion, in the next episode. I hope haha. 7/10, pretty decent.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ash and Katie's battle was awesome.... but Ash had the upper hand from the beginning of this episode

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
This battle is definitely my favourite from the Hoenn League, and possibly my favourite battle in the anime full stop.

I can see how Ash pulling something out of the bag when he's faced with a seemingly impossible situation at the end of a battle would appeal to people, but most of the time I see that, I can't help but think "There's no way he should have been able to get away with that". In this battle, the momentum shifted part-way through, which seemed realistic enough to get me more engaged. When Ash won, I actually felt like he deserved the win, which is a feeling I don't always get in his battles.
Katie had some good tactics going on there (something that I'd like to see more of in other battles), and the funny way Corphish dealt with confusion was just perfect to break through the intense tactical sparring. And the way it ended was superb - it made me think for a second that Ash had made a massive blunder, but I loved seeing him confidently give his final command, giving the battle that element of "trust" that the anime loves so much. That rounded off the battle well, satisfying me that it had it all - tactics, humour and heart.

My main objection to the two main battles in Hoenn that Ash had after this one is that they gradually deteriorated into "'Pokémon, use powerful attack X!' 'Pokémon, meet it head-on with your strongest attack Y!'", but this had none of that. Good job, writers!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. Grovyle vs Walrein was an awesome battle. It was cool to see Swellow taking down both Venomoth and Scizor in a row. Walrein is tough and strong. It was hilarious when even though Corphish was confused, it was still doing bizarre and real attacks to take down Golduck. Ash used a really good strategy against Walrein, freezing the water to take away the hiding place. It was disappointing to see Girafferig not getting a real chance to show it's strength

94/100

Vernikova

Champion
Did Katie really use Supersonic on an already confused Pokemon? Seriously writers? Anyway, it was a well done battle for the most part. There were some things I didn't like but they weren't dreadful this time.

What's really upsetting me here is the fact that Morrison and Tyson are getting more focus than the Grand Festival got in general. Seriously: I don't give a **** about Morrison. Stop trying to develop two people that are never going to come back on the show. It's truly a slap in the face of the coordinators that you barely focused on for two episodes.

Right when I thought Ash was going to beaten in this battle, he manages to turn it around.
Corphish managing to defeat Golduck while still confused was just hilarious! :)

The last battle between Grovyle and Walrein was pretty epic!

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Grovyle and Swellow owned this episode. Did I hear Katie mention that she'd trained her Walrein defensively? This may be the closest to EV training in the anime as we'll get.
I hope Morrison pulls it together and starts battling seriously in the next episode or it won't be any fun.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Katie was pretty impressive and I loved when Corphish and Golduck fought on the ice field, especially when Corphish spun Golduck around. I'm glad that Grovyle redeemed himself against Walrein as well. :D

Gillachu

Banned
Ash versus Katie was okay, but her team was so much better organized than Ash's and I thought Walrein had the advantage...

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Katie was such a good character IMO. She was very mature-like and her team is pretty strong, too. It was cool to see Swellow taking down both Venomoth and Scizor in a row, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash versus Katie was okay, but her team was so much better organized than Ash's and I thought Walrein had the advantage...

Well sure Katie's Walrein was much bulkier than Grovyle and it knew ice type attacks, but Grovyle's speed was the deciding factor from my perspective.