• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Keeper for Keeps? (917)

Evanibble

The characters' motivations here just did not make sense. Bonnie's nightmare at the beginning made me think that Clemont marrying is an ongoing fear of hers, which renders her whole proposal habit very strange.

She's like 7 years old, or something. Of course her motivations won't make much sense. She wants her brother to "find a wife," even though he's, what, 10 years old? Tell me how that is supposed to make any sense? Children at this age fantasize about the concept of marriage, even playing around with the idea of it (think of kids playing "house"). Of course, even though Bonnie wants her brother to find a girl, she doesn't actually consider what that would mean, because what 7-year old would? It makes more sense given her proposal habit, actually. Although, to be fair, the fact that she immediately goes back to it doesn't make much sense initially, but I chalk it up to her having a better understanding of what marriage would mean for her and Clemont's relationship, and that she grew as a person because of it. I think Bonnie comes out of that episode, at least implicitly, having a better understanding of what her proposals would actually mean, even if that understanding is still developing.

Overall, fun filler episode. It was funny to see Ash act as sort of a "wing-man" to Clemont, and Bonnie getting all uptight about it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think this episode was very good but it seems that what Bonnie wanted from some recurring gag seemed to become true. Ironically enough she gets annoyed with Clemont's relationship with Lilia because of Buneary becoming infatuated towards Bunnelby. Probably the best part for me was Clemont saving Bonnie from falling off a cliff using his Aipom Arm.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So let me get this straight: Someone FINALLY says yes to Bonnie's running gag...and she hates her for it :confused:

Eureka's gag was always meant to be a joke on her part I think, so she was taken aback here when her proposal shtick hit the right target for once, which she didn't expect.

I gotta admit that this episode was a 180 degree turn from Bonnie's character because her main goal was to find Clement a perfect wife, which happened to be Lillia in this episode and the most ideal keeper for him. Her jealousy wasn't logical.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I gotta admit that this episode was a 180 degree turn from Bonnie's character because her main goal was to find Clement a perfect wife, which happened to be Lillia in this episode and the most ideal keeper for him. Her jealousy wasn't logical.

In Eureka's defense, she was almost never reasonable in XY since she was a child and was ruled simply by her emotions. So her actions here were understandable.

Joesterr

Banned
What a stupid episode and a waste of 22 minutes since Bonnie spent most of the episode being cringey with her worries about Clemont getting married even though that's what she had wanted for 85% of the Kalos series. What a hypocrite she was.

TMNT1285

Banned
What a stupid episode and a waste of 22 minutes since Bonnie spent most of the episode being cringey with her worries about Clemont getting married even though that's what she had wanted for 85% of the Kalos series. What a hypocrite she was.

Lorde it’s called irony. Bonnie wanted Clemont to find someone and then when he did she got scared her brother would leave her forever. It’s a realistic fear for a 7 year old girl and it was highly amusing to see her then try to sabotage he relationship with her brother’s girlfriend.

It’s called irony. I thought this was a great filler ep.