• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Keeper for Keeps? (917)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Bride for Clemont! Bonnie's S'il-vous-plaît Panic!!

Heading to Snowbelle City, Ash & co. meet a new trainer and her Buneary. When Bonnie does her usual act of proposing to her on Clemont's behalf, things go different to normal because she too is looking for a partner. With the trainer taking an interest in Clemont's inventions and technology, they start to hit it off but Bonnie starts to feel uneasy about this and starts to interfere with the couple. Will they be together?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The only thing i have to say about the episode is that it was fun to watch. Though like always, didn't like the random TR interference.

Would have liked if that girl at least directly hinted that she would go after Clemont later, but seems like she gave up for Bonnie's sake (not sure though have to check for translations.)

Yzma

Decent episode.
I found it hypocritical that when she finaly found a girl for Clemont, she wantsto break em up.
Good old Team Rocket, those holes was a bit smaller than I remember from the older episodes, andthat expression when Pikachu freed Bunelby and Buneary x)

Hope the girl returns in the future, maybe in the same episode as a possible return of that princess that own Clemont

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sigh, so Bonnie didn't learn her lesson. -_-

And who else bets the Arbok scene won't be in the dub?

Rohanator

Sigh, so Bonnie didn't learn her lesson. -_-

And who else bets the Arbok scene won't be in the dub?
She did learn that Clemont won't ignore her even if he gets a girlfriend so now she feels safe proposing to people again. So, she learned a lesson, just not THE lesson (about Clemont not needing a wife to survive)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In other words, the gag never died. Bonnie just realized too late she would get less attention if he ever hooks up with somebody.

It's nice to see she already knows what bondage is about, though.

AshSerena

The only thing i have to say about the episode is that it was fun to watch. Though like always, didn't like the random TR interference.

Would have liked if that girl at least directly hinted that she would go after Clemont later, but seems like she gave up for Bonnie's sake (not sure though have to check for translations.)

my own speculation about this, when Lilia said that she need to improve herself, that it seems her charming/attractive is still not enough, it seems Serena is looking to Clemont, Ash/Clemont is like "hmm?" and Bonnie is smiling, i think its already hinted that girl is liked Clemont , but Clemont is same dense as Ash .
and the last line of Bonnie saying "Im glad Clemont is Clemont". this is just my guess, but maybe Bonnie saying she is glad that Clemont are dense?

but i agreed, she probably give up for Bonnie's sake sadly :(

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
and the last line of Bonnie saying "Im glad Clemont is Clemont". this is just my guess, but maybe Bonnie saying she is glad that Clemont are dense?

No. She's glad Clemont is doomed to be the same person without ever changing anything else in his life drastically for her sake.

Why would she...? She learned that her brother will always be by her side, that's better.

At the expense of the audience having to watch the Family Guy-like gag play again and again in a fruitless effort to look funny.

DotKU

Champion
It's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to end this gag. And I guess I was expecting this to play a factor in how Clemont will depart from the group at the end.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I definitely appreciated the way they drew some of the facial expressions lol, most notably from TR and Bonnie.

But other than that, not a lot to say.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
At this point, I feel like TRio is just walking padding because the writers are too lazy to make an interesting story.

Am I the only one who finds it somewhat revolting to see the exact same pitfall sequence in this episode Team Rocket has used for years?
In every series, practically every other episode, it's always...
-It's nearing the end of the second act of the episode
-Cast suddenly falls into an improbable pitfall
-Team rocket shoots net, does their speech.
-Characters stare for 10 minutes and shout as if this crap still surprises them every single time.
-They get out, they snipe the balloon, Conflict Quota Achieved.

I haven't watched the series in a long, long time, but it's sorta depressing to see that the writing team, despite this serious jump in visual quality, has yet to evolve past reusing this same 'conflict' time after time. It's like when they can't come up with something, they toss in Team Rocket Pitfall+Net. TR are the blandest villains ever created, having devolved into shorthand for "we need a conflict in this episode because we're horrid writers. Bring in the rockets." This way they never have to put out effort, or affect personal change in their cast. The rockets never present any real or immediate danger, actions taken now never have long standing consequences, no need to make a villain that has any depth.
Trapped in their status quo eternity. The moment I saw it, scene for scene, happen yet again, I lost interest in this series.

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I only seem to remember them doing one other pitfall trap in the series so far, which lead Clemont to tell the story of how he met Bunnelby as they walked out of the old mines which they collapsed into. TR are used often as unnecessary conflict (something that pisses me off too) but that's expected really, if it causes you to lose interest in the whole series because of one insignificant detail then, well... not a lot I can say on that.

Episode had funny moments, Buneary was adorable and I couldn't stop laughing when she punched Chespin and Pancham. Facial expressions were interesting to say the least. Bonnie's proposals come off as more "I should do this to embarrass my brother" rather than "I want my brother to get married". Felt like everything that happened in the episode was wasted at the end.

PokeMaster366

Am I the only one who finds it somewhat revolting to see the exact same pitfall sequence in this episode Team Rocket has used for years?
In every series, practically every other episode, it's always...
-It's nearing the end of the second act of the episode
-Cast suddenly falls into an improbable pitfall
-Team rocket shoots net, does their speech.
-Characters stare for 10 minutes and shout as if this crap still surprises them every single time.
-They get out, they snipe the balloon, Conflict Quota Achieved.

I haven't watched the series in a long, long time, but it's sorta depressing to see that the writing team, despite this serious jump in visual quality, has yet to evolve past reusing this same 'conflict' time after time. It's like when they can't come up with something, they toss in Team Rocket Pitfall+Net. TR are the blandest villains ever created, having devolved into shorthand for "we need a conflict in this episode because we're horrid writers. Bring in the rockets." This way they never have to put out effort, or affect personal change in their cast. The rockets never present any real or immediate danger, actions taken now never have long standing consequences, no need to make a villain that has any depth.
Trapped in their status quo eternity. The moment I saw it, scene for scene, happen yet again, I lost interest in this series.

*sigh* Let's be honest. When a show has been going on for 20+ years and you find out that you get just as many views as long as you show a battle in the 3rd act by the end of year 3, it gets really hard to care enough to write characters or stories with much depth. I mean, they could've spent the whole episode going over Bonnie realizing and contemplating the consequences of trying so hard to find Clemont a girlfriend/wife and eventually coming to terms with it or realizing how short-sighted she's being by trying so hard to get her brother hitched, but thinking about her personal tastes when choosing a girl, but if 800+ episodes of Pokemon or any other episodic series has taught us, action/humor >>> introspection/depth. Very rarely are the priorities reversed for episodic shows. If you're expecting any level of depth or an attempt at decent storytelling, watch the DPPt series (filler-free, of course). Alternatively, watch some of the better 1-2 season anime like Michiko & Hatchin, Gurren Lagann, Gun x Sword, etc..