• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Keeper for Keeps? (917)

DatsRight

Doesn't excuse the fact that they usually ruin an episode's plot and are shoved into episodes just for the point of having them appear though.

I didn't think they were shoehorned TOO badly into this episode, they had a purpose, to cause a dilemma that shown Clemont would always look out for Bonnie. It's just the manner they did so was so repetitive and forced. They did the usual formula with no tweaks or intricacies from before, they steal a Pokemon, Ash and co just watch in disgust for some reason, which isn't as bad since as usual they stop the balloon just to gloat and have no strategy but to battle Ash's outnumbering team.

The real glaring issue here however is that they blatantly plotted it only for how long was necessary. They have a bit of tension until the dilemma with Bonnie over a cliff happens, and when that's over the twerps suddenly remember they have more than one Pokemon and instantly curb stomp them now that the important bit is over. It was blatant fake suspension the whole time. The recent festival episode had incompetent Team Rocket and the twerps being a bit slow on the uptake, but it was deliberate and part of the humour, not plot holes played off as fake drama. What's more the scheme was very unique from the usual. It was a good TR usage, which sadly we didn't see enough of in XYZ and this is a glaring case of the norm.

To tell you the truth each regions tends to suffer this sort of fatigue with TR, since they never bother to have them keep up with the twerps battle wise, and the latter are usually too serious minded and into their current goals to be doing any more two way roles with them par the odd handful, so they end up reduced to plot devices or quick mandatory appearances as useless comic relief. XYZ was actually one of the better cases since they at least got the point to keep them out of SOME episodes. They really need to think up a different role for the trio when the big arcs come, like monitoring the rival villain team or plotting one big final attack on the twerps for the finale. These are things from BW that they should have took notes from.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, forgot to edit into one post and it's not letting me delete.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Arbok scene was left in, they just rewrote the script.

YourLieinEevee

^As I expected them to. That bit was too weird for the target audience and me as well. team Rocket song was left in. James loves his squid.

Lillia's voice is familiar.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This filler was...actually entertaining. This is probably the best one of the lot because of the humor in it.

Why do all Buneary have to be hopelessly in love in a one-sided relationship?

It's extremely super convenient Clemont even built a band aid machine to track down movements.

Though a missed opportunity was Serena trying to do stuff with Ash. They were both literally background material until they were left to deal with Team Rocket...who were after a measly Buneary. Geez, they were running out of ideas.

It's nice to see Lillie (wait don't we have an official character by that name alrea-?) doesn't mind Clemont being into bondage... Was it really explicitly mentioned to be bondage in the Japanese version?

I initially thought that the episode was going to be terrible, but I was wrong. I found this to be a pretty decent episode overall.

Epicocity

Bonnie: a troll so ultimate, she trolls herself.

That said, James slayed me this episode. Also, bondage! For children!

Vipsoccermaster

Good filler episode. Nice to see Bonnie and Clemont grow closer to one another as brother and sister. I literally laughed at the ending. So funny.

Pikachu52

He likes to take off his shirt and wrap himself in an Arbok like a blankie - That line made it past the censors how!!

Seriously, while I do ship Pokémon and their trainers, the way Bonnie of all characters worded that was seriously creepy.

That aside, this episode was bad on so many levels.

1. Firstly, it's boring. It mainly just consists of Ash and Bonnie describing Clemont to the new girl and her fawning over him.
  2. Secondly, the jokes and references are too corny. Orangetech. Seriously. Pokémon anime' so got it's own paradory of Apple - even with a bitten fruit symbol. Really.
  3. Thirdly, it's super creepy. Bonnie's got an oddly clingy relationship with her brother to be dreaming of his wedding day and going to all lengths to stop him falling for a girl. Ironic when she keeps trying to play matchmaker. Then there's the Arbok line which was completely random and weird, made worse by the response of "that's sweet." Bonnie trying to shame her brother with "he's scared of the dark" isn't much better. And tracking devices in the bandages. Seriously Clemont, Stalkings not much of a romantic gesture - more a felony. Ash, science may be amazing, but I doubt you'll say the same about restraining order litigation.
  4. Forth - what were they thinking with Bonnie's imagination scenes. Her depictions of Clemont and Lilia will make viewers cringe. They are uncomfortably unromantic.
  5. Fifth - too western centric. Pokémon's a Japanese Anime yet they chose to set Clemont's wedding scenes in a Christian looking church - I though in Pokémon they worshiped Arceus or Rayquaza.
  6. Sixth - Team Rocket are battling way too well. I miss Johto when they were defeated after failing to land one attack.
  7. Seven. Ash could have sent Noivern or Talonflame to sad Bonnie and Chespin knows vine whip. Why was Clemont and using his Aimpom arm. Clemont's inventions and robots are stealing limelight from the Pokémon

There are however some good points - Bunnelby and Bunneary were kind of cute together. A throwback to Lagomorphshipping Prehaps. And Pancham and Chespin vying for Bunneary's love was amusing. But not enough to save the episode.

I'm not rating. This espidoe should never have happened. Bad filler and creepy. If they didn't waste time with espidoes like these we could have more time devoted to the league

Last edited:

Epicocity

[*]Sixth - Team Rocket are battling way too well. I miss Johto when they were defeated after failing to land one attack.

TRio's been battling roughly well the entire saga, though. So, to complain about this now seems...pointless? I mean, even back in the first few episodes of XY they were able to take it to Ash. And it's not like they got away with Buneary and Bunnelby. They still got blasted off as always...

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Came back from a mini-holiday this weekend and decided to watch this episode, then I realised how much I didn't enjoy it the first time and stopped watching halfway through.

At least next week's a fun episode.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
And tracking devices in the bandages. Seriously Clemont, Stalkings not much of a romantic gesture - more a felony. Ash, science may be amazing, but I doubt you'll say the same about restraining order litigation.
You're taking that wayyyy too seriously. Heck said tracking device would be removed after a day or so regardless since it was just a bandage for a scratch. Besides this is the pokemon world, people are in general so trusting and nice that I doubt things like restraining orders even exist (and yes I realize you are being sarcastic).

[*]Forth - what were they thinking with Bonnie's imagination scenes. Her depictions of Clemont and Lilia will make viewers cringe. They are uncomfortably unromantic.
Its a little kid imagining married life, of course it seems off. I did like the "heart" formed by their shirts though.

[*]Fifth - too western centric. Pokémon's a Japanese Anime yet they chose to set Clemont's wedding scenes in a Christian looking church - I though in Pokémon they worshiped Arceus or Rayquaza.
The people of pokemon don't really seem to have religions like that, even those who worship Arceus and such are pretty small groups.

And regardless you are forgetting that wedding scenes like that (white wedding gowns and such) are pretty well known and liked in Japanese anime in general and pokemon in particular.

[*]Sixth - Team Rocket are battling way too well. I miss Johto when they were defeated after failing to land one attack.
You're going all the way back to Johto as a comparison? Most people are happy when TR don't get beaten too easily.

[*]Seven. Ash could have sent Noivern or Talonflame to sad Bonnie and Chespin knows vine whip. Why was Clemont and using his Aimpom arm. Clemont's inventions and robots are stealing limelight from the Pokémon
The whole point of the scene was for Clemont to save her himself. And notably neither Noivern or Talonflame have been seen to carry a person before as far as I know (though Noivern logically should be able to).

If they didn't waste time with espidoes like these we could have more time devoted to the league
That's an assumption with no basis as far as we know.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The whole point of the scene was for Clemont to save her himself. And notably neither Noivern or Talonflame have been seen to carry a person before as far as I know (though Noivern logically should be able to).

It was justified because of the focus...

...But at the same time, there were much more logical choices to be made that easily crush that justification.

Pikachu52

You're taking that wayyyy too seriously. Heck said tracking device would be removed after a day or so regardless since it was just a bandage for a scratch. Besides this is the pokemon world, people are in general so trusting and nice that I doubt things like restraining orders even exist (and yes I realize you are being sarcastic).

Both Jessie and Officer Jenny have referenced the existence of judges and Lawyers so we can assume some sort of Judicial system exists. It's not a huge stretch to believe some civil remedy would exist to protect against invasion of privacy or harassment. Even so people in the Pokémon aren't necessarily generally trusting - Team Rocket consistently lie, cheat and trick in order to get their hands on Pikachu and any other valuable Pokémon.

You're going all the way back to Johto as a comparison? Most people are happy when TR don't get beaten too easily.

In all honesty I was going back to Johto simply because I'd recently watched part of that series. And personally I think Team Rocket were easier to like when they were more comical and their dialogue was a bit funnier. Their boost in competence gives their action greater moral gravity making it harder to see them as loveable villains. Some of their action in XY have been reprehensible like taking over Goodra's homeland.

If not Noivern or Talonflame definitely Chespin. Snivy, Bulbsaur and Chikorita have all carried people with their vines so no reason Chespin couldn't have. And Chespin would probably still count as Clemont saving her. It wasn't really necessary for Clemont to be the hero - the same point, that Clemont would never abandon his younger sister, could have been made after the fact either through a hug or some platonic show of affection.

That's an assumption with no basis as far as we know.

I may have mis-worded that. My point was the series would benefit from fleshing out important events rather than devoting episodes to this manner of dull filler.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Both Jessie and Officer Jenny have referenced the existence of judges and Lawyers so we can assume some sort of Judicial system exists. It's not a huge stretch to believe some civil remedy would exist to protect against invasion of privacy or harassment. Even so people in the Pokémon aren't necessarily generally trusting - Team Rocket consistently lie, cheat and trick in order to get their hands on Pikachu and any other valuable Pokémon.
Yes and people (and not just Ash's group) consistently fall for their tricks and are shocked when said (often obvious) tricks are revealed. The ease with which the relative few dishonest/crooked people in the pokemon world tend to be able to do what they do (for a time at least) points further to how kind and trusting most of the people are.

And I didn't mean to imply judges and lawyers don't exist, just that the things they deal with are generally less complicated than in the real world. I don't see people in the pokemon world having huge debates about what constitutes privacy, harassment, etc.

I may have mis-worded that. My point was the series would benefit from fleshing out important events rather than devoting episodes to this manner of dull filler.
Certainly, but there may be other factors to consider.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
So let me get this straight: Someone FINALLY says yes to Bonnie's running gag...and she hates her for it :confused:

Also, if she'd had a nightmare about Clemont getting married, why do still do it? Has this entire running gag been about trolling her big bro and being a little b**** all along?

And then...dat ending :mad:

Sorry Bonnie, but it's over between us. I loved ya to start with, but ever since the title change you've just been a brat much of the time. This is the straw that broke the Camerupt's back :(

I swear, did the writers just forget they had multiple storylines that required their attention when the saga changed names?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Wait, why was Clemont putting tracking devices in the band aides again? I remember hearing an explanation but I must have spaced out or something.

Not a bad episode, I think it was kind of an amusing "what if" scenario.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I didn't think I'd like the episode but it was pretty good. Lillia seems really nice, definitely a cute pair up with Clemont.

Poor Bunnelby, but he seems to win the trust of all the lady Pokemon! He's practically Eevee's big brother and Buneary's cute crush. The best part is that he's so mature and mannered about the whole thing. He's insanely likable.

I'm not even sure what Bonnie is really trying to achieve by trying to get a woman for Clemont. By now the joke is getting stale if she's just trying to mess with him.

Otherwise, Clemont and Bonnie had a a really good moment together when he saved her from falling down a cliff. Not that it wasn't the first time she's experience a cliff fall.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Just had a thought, I know that it was ironic that Bonnie didn't seem to learn her lesson, but I just noticed that this is actually the last episode the gag is seen in (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

Alloutℯ

Banned
The characters' motivations here just did not make sense. Bonnie's nightmare at the beginning made me think that Clemont marrying is an ongoing fear of hers, which renders her whole proposal habit very strange.